Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:51 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

The weird thing is all of them can transmit just fine, but for some reason they won't receive it.

It sounds like you have a pretty good place to work on helis.

Nick
Old 01-24-2010, 11:42 AM
jroo

yea post some pics of the shop..
Old 01-24-2010, 11:52 AM
9sec240

ORIGINAL: jreue

Finally.

Well, I just put in about 4 or 5 hours on this head.

I have to say now though, when someone asks ''is your head setup correctly?'', I will a) know what the fully means, and b) answer ''yea!''

I got everything spot on.

servos arms at 90 degrees
swash level at low-mid-high
washout arms level
flybar cage level

flybar rods equal length
flybar paddles level

main rotors -10/0/+10

feels good
AWESOME!!! Made me smile to hear you say that. It is really cool when you KNOW you have done it right and it specs out PERFECTLY.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:29 PM
helicorpse

Hello, sorry about the long silence and absence from the group... hope all is well with everyone..

I was wondering if you could be so kind as to help me trouble shoot this problem I'm having. I built up a new air frame with old parts mostly from my original belt cp, the gyro, motor, esc, tx and servo's all moved over to the new bird. I test hovered after the build and was working out a few minor things when I encounter this problem. The pitch and aileron servos start going crazy after throttle hits 50 percent or more. Twitching and jerking over the full range of motion in both directions however the elevator servo stays stable. The setup is like a 450se v2, and I only had to reverse the pitch to get all servos' working in both the cyclic and the throttle directions properly. The tx is dx7, reset before reprogramming for the new config, the gyro is not HH .. so the gear and aux 2 are INH.. pitch is on the aux1 on the spectrum rx. All throttle curves etc are like default... all I've done is sub trim the servos slightly to achieve horizonal at 50% throttle. I think the throttle lead from the esc to the rx is about as well seperated from the motor leads as I can get it...it's really impossible to seperate them entirely by much distance at some point. What's up with this... I've traded out the servos with new ones enough times to know that its not bad servos'. I'veRebound the tx, rerouted wires, gone over the settings in the tx, checked the programming on the esc... just wandering around bummed about not being able to fly and get this thing humming agian.

Helicorpse
Peter
Old 01-24-2010, 02:11 PM
9sec240

Peter, I recently had an issue very similar to that. On this helicopter, the tail servo was jerking around at anything over half throttle. After painstakingly eliminating all potential issues, I came to the conclusion that the gyro was the problem. I was installing a new gyro and tail servo and plugged the tail servo directly into the RX to set the horn at 90 degrees. I noticed a twitch in the servo. I played around with the heli and found the tail servo twitching at over half throttle without the gyro in place. Eventually I found that moving the RX or squeezing it would replicate the issue without the blades moving. I replaced the RX and the issue was cured.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:29 PM
jroo

Just tried my new Turnigy Accucell-6 on my Blade MCX batteries. What a sweet little charger! Thanks for the recomendation guys. For $35 its a steal.

I took apart that POS stock charger that came with the MCXand hooked it up to my charger as pictured in this post.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_81...tm.htm#8106498

I'm just using the supplied DEANS-Aligator clips to connect to the leads coming off the circuit board that the battery plugs into. Awesome!

I do have a question though. I set the charger for .1A 3.7V. When Istart the charge, it reads .1A, but the voltage is around 4 and stops charging at about 4.2V. Is the charger reading the cell wrong? I mean, it 'works' as I have just flown 3 batteries worth, but I was just curious.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:59 PM
evdreamer

Jreue,

The charger is doing what it should. 3.7V is the nominal Voltage and not the max Voltage it will get up to. 4.21V is the max Voltage a cell should get up to.

Nick
Old 01-24-2010, 05:43 PM
jroo

Cool! Thanks!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:23 PM
helicorpse

ORIGINAL: helicorpse

Hello, sorry about the long silence and absence from the group... hope all is well with everyone..

I was wondering if you could be so kind as to help me trouble shoot this problem I'm having. I built up a new air frame with old parts mostly from my original belt cp, the gyro, motor, esc, tx and servo's all moved over to the new bird. I test hovered after the build and was working out a few minor things when I encounter this problem. The pitch and aileron servos start going crazy after throttle hits 50 percent or more. Twitching and jerking over the full range of motion in both directions however the elevator servo stays stable. The setup is like a 450se v2, and I only had to reverse the pitch to get all servos' working in both the cyclic and the throttle directions properly. The tx is dx7, reset before reprogramming for the new config, the gyro is not HH .. so the gear and aux 2 are INH.. pitch is on the aux1 on the spectrum rx. All throttle curves etc are like default... all I've done is sub trim the servos slightly to achieve horizonal at 50% throttle. I think the throttle lead from the esc to the rx is about as well seperated from the motor leads as I can get it...it's really impossible to seperate them entirely by much distance at some point. What's up with this... I've traded out the servos with new ones enough times to know that its not bad servos'. I'veRebound the tx, rerouted wires, gone over the settings in the tx, checked the programming on the esc... just wandering around bummed about not being able to fly and get this thing humming agian.

Helicorpse
Peter

okay so now it seems to be getting stranger still, I haven't flown my Blade cpp for while while waiting for some new gear kits for the servos that were breaking down. Today I fixed the servos and put the heli back together and was adjusting it for flight when the same thing started happeniing to the Blade cpp. At 50 percent it started twitching, self throttling, jumping all over the place and wouldn't even throttle down to zero.. had to grab it low and unhook the power leads. Have tried it again without blades....!!!! still doing it. However I'm using the stock tx and rx with the blade cpp and i'm using the dx7 tx & ar60 rx in the 450.

Is this some kind of rf interference?? what could possibly cause it to this extent? I thought the dx7 could not be interrupted in this fashion?, although I've had plenty of lil glitches in the blade cpp set up. I suppose next I'll try changing out the rx in the 450 with another rx that I already have. I can swap out the rx in the 450 and see if that changes anything.

Peter
Old 01-24-2010, 06:46 PM
evdreamer

Peter,

It could be interference. With the FM systems, something with a little more power on the same frequency(or close to it) will over ride your signal. With the 2.4GHz I have heard power lines can disrupt it and also high power transmitters in the 2.4GHz range. It shouldn't effect it for long periods of time on the 2.4GHz, since it doesn't stay on the same frequency for long periods of time.

Try looking at the servo graphs on the DX7 and see if that is moving around when the servo glitches. Maybe there are bad pots in the transmitters.

Nick
Old 01-24-2010, 07:36 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, my charging paid off anyways, it wasn't pretty outside today, but flyable, about 40 degrees, 5 MPH wind and overcast....looked like it could rain any second...

I got two packs in with the B400, which is flying great lately, it was a great refresher session, just kinda got back in the groove so to speak a bit. Basically alot of fun to get out again, even though my fingers started getting pretty slow towards the end (I don't bother with gloves)...

JPEE,

I have Rhino 1750's, and they have been taking longer, and longer to balance, I think they are about done....they still fly the full 6 minutes, and I can charge only, and it only takes about 45 minutes, but the cells are so far out of balance, it takes forever for the charger to get them where they belong.

Glad to hear you got the garage all set up for you and to make the little lady happy at the same time!

Glad you didn't get flooded out by all the rains out your way...we are getting some big time rain overnight tonight, got flood watches everywhere....I'm just glad it's not all SNOW, 'cause if it was, it would be a big one!

Nick,

Sorry your project is being a PITA. Maybe when you do get it figured out, you'll always remember. Some of the best, longest lasting lessons I have learned have been the hard way!

jreue,

Glad you got the head set up, I have scratched my head over some of those issues myself. Finless does a great job on the setup vids, but you'll find that there are minor differences between the Align helis and the B400...but the basic principals are the same....

Peter,

Strange, especially with both helis. Could be interference, but on 2.4 that would be really rare...one of the places I fly has not only huge overhead power lines, but also a two towering cell phone towers as well...and no interference issues on 2.4 ghz...

Mark,

How's that Tarot 450 build going? I looked at one of those on a website, and it looks identical to the real thing...and the price is sure right...I may have to pick one up just for spare parts! Just curious, you said you were replacing the mainshaft and main gear with Align parts....I was wondering why?

Other than that, nothing much new here....

Helistyle, where ya been?

Glenn
Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is good you got a couple of flights in today.

A couple of guys that I fly with wanted me to go to a near by town and fly at their indoor fun fly today, but I am at work and couldn't go.[&o]

Nick
Old 01-24-2010, 08:28 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry you missed the fun fly....

I forgot to reply to your battery suggestions...I may look into them...but once the flying season starts, this won't be as much of an issue.

I was very pleased with the Rhino packs that I got last year, as long as they lasted for $18 each or whatever they were....figure if they last one season it's worth it.

I just don't want to spend a ton of money on batteries....I have to wonder how much better the expensive ones are over the cheap ones after seeing these Rhino's vs. the Eflite packs that I paid 3x as much for....(not that Eflite packs are great!)

I was looking at the Hobby City site last night....lol....they have HK 450 helis on sale for $27.99!![X(] You could buy 4 of them for a little over $100...lol...gotta wonder how bad they could be? Probably pretty bad, I guess...

Glenn
Old 01-24-2010, 09:12 PM
9sec240

Glenn, I fly two HK450s. One is the older V1 clone and all plastic. I have more flights on it than any other helicopter in my fleet. It is doing me very well. It is currently my orientation trainer. The other is one I built with all the CNC parts that HobbyKing offers. Of all the cheap clones I have (EXI, CopterX and HK), the HK CNC bits were the best quality and fit. I am a machinist so my opinions on CNC parts might be different than others. I call the HK450 with all the CNC stuff my HK450B with "B" being for BLING!! I outfitted this one nearly identically to my true Align T-Rex 450S GF. Hitec HS55s on cyclic, GY401 / 9257 on the tail, Align motor and ESC. I did this so I could have a direct comparison to the "real thing". The other I call my HK450A. The "A" I outfitted as cheaply as I could purchasing everything from HobbyKing. I have $3 servos on it, the esc and motor were $10 each... the gyro I bought for $25 but can now be had through HobbyKing for less than $15. It was really cheap but still flies quiet well.

HobbyKing has done several improvements since I purchased mine and then later offered the MT which is a basically a metal "SE" version. The current version they offer is now an Align V2 clone. I can not offer up an opinion on the new one but I would assume that it is just as nice as the old ones.

Here are some videos that I have put up on YouTube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK7W_WGSgTQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpO4zaNAyAo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfSE6g_wXmY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQznFvzKwSM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKcmvh1bJZw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7pd42_hSG0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il0yJPle39g[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PwhszWERQk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d18ctAH2W30[/youtube]
Old 01-24-2010, 10:21 PM
JPEE

Hello Peter,

I would like to throw in some comments on this subject too. I used to fly every day at the Park right next to the Power Companies easement for the big metal towers and power lines. I fly I would fly within 100 feet of the wires and never had a problem. When the Park had to many people I flew under these wires too kind scale flying. I figure I had about 30-40 feet below the wires to fly in. You can hear them cracking with power arking. Anyway, again I never had a problem flying with my Dx6i.

Right behind the Park is a Los Angeles Police Station with a Heli Port on the roof and a big towers for comunication to the police cars and that has never given me a problem either.

But the one of the best places I fly is like 50-60 acres. But on one side there is a condo complex that is 30 feet above my grade. They are four story buildings so that adds another 40 feet for a grand total of 70 to the roof and their antennas. Well one day three of us had our radio signals broken up by something coming from that complex causing two of to crash. No! this was not Spectrum brown outs, this was loss/or broken signals to our air crafts, the three of us. We came to the conclusion that either a cordless 2.4 gig phone in a condo unit, a computer wireless router were to blame or numerous of thise kinds of things. If flew well above the complex there was never an issue but to fly from the dirt to just beyond their roof line is where we were having troubles. This happend several times but that one day was a killer for us. A lot of home electronics use 2.4 like I mentioned and that becames our primitive conclusion.

JPEE
Old 01-24-2010, 11:58 PM
rotarydoc

Ivan,

Wow, thanks for all the vids and info....never knew those helis were quite that inexpensive, and by your experience, pretty decent stuff for the price...

Interesting stuff, for sure, one could save alot of money by going with those over the big name stuff...

I still can't get over the Tarot 450 Pro that Mark got, I was browsing some threads on that, and alot of people are wondering the same thing I am....how can a company sell a carbon copy of a heli like that, without infringing on Align's patent/and or copyright protections? Someone was saying they didn't think there were copyrights/patents in Asia...one even went as far as suggesting that they may be made on the same assembly line as the genuine thing....

I know I got some main blades from Heli Direct a while back, they were for my CCP2's....and they were $8 a set, half of the Eflite price....when I got them, they are a CARBON copy of the Efite blades, they could have easily been produced on the same assembly line....

Makes you wonder if you are paying alot just for the name on some of this stuff?

Thanks again!

Glenn
Old 01-25-2010, 12:21 AM
9sec240

Glenn, there are differences. The plastics for instance. The true Align plastic vertical and horizontal stabs are more rigid and lighter than the HK ones. Aluminum CNC parts are not as nice as true Align in both fit and finish. The tail boom weighs a lot more on the HK than the Align. Bearings are not as nice. Overall fit and finish is decent but still not on par with Align. On my "B", I swapped out the main frames and stabs for the HK G10 units which is a nice upgrade over the aluminum and plastic. Two things I would change out for sure on any HK450 would be the tail control arm and main blades. Other than that, the parts are adequate and the heli flies pretty darn well.

If I was putting cheap electronics in a heli, I would do it in a clone. If I was putting quality electronics in a heli, it would be the genuine article.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:19 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Some very interesting theorizing going on around here....

JPEE's take on the commercial 2.4 use is very interesting - many have felt (me included) their upgrade to 2.4 from the older 72 would save them from radio interference. Now this is something that may be a future problem since many of us with smaller e-heli's look for small lots/parking lots/grass lots etc to fly in may have to contend with. I mean what a bummer it would be to have a glitch while flying because someone in a nearby house or apartment is making a phone call or getting on-line. []

jreue,
I feel a test flight is in the near future! Congrats on the head setup.

9sec240,
Will have to take a look at your vids when I get home from work but I do feel that the quality of the clones that are coming out is quite acceptable for your average pilot.

Before I got my Tarot I did a bit of searching and started a thread on HF asking those that already got one what their opinions were. BTW, that thread is [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=176820]Here[/link]. Basically just a few issues were pointed out and were easy fixes. For the price it really is a good deal.

Glenn,
The build is coming along. I'll have to post some progression pics in a few days after I get a day off from work. The issue with the main gear was some were warped (mine wasn't) and the main shaft that was included was actually from a V2 - and so had a collar and not the rim that the new shaft has. But no biggie as I was ready for that with replacements already waiting. Oh yeah, wiring has been fun so far. Do we have a smilie for "headache"?

Mark

Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 AM
helicorpse

thanks everyone for taking tiime to comment on the issue with the RF interference...

okay .... well all your comments give me a direction to go in at least... All this has happened in my shop indoors.. so I will take it out into the cold wet misery weather and see if it's some interference from inside the house... I live out on 20 acres in the woods so it can't be my neighbors. Also I'll try shutting down my wireless router hub??.... because apparently they work near that 2.4 freq? No land line phones in the house right now either... only other thing I can think of is that 1 out of 10 days depending on the wind I get overflights by aircraft on approach to the airport. I'm six or eight miles out and they come over on approach at 2-3000 above the ground i would say but don't know if electronics on aircraft could possibly interfere... and chances of aircraft being overhead during repetitive errors at random times tested seems improbable.

helicorpse
Peter
Old 01-25-2010, 04:35 PM
evdreamer

Peter,

I think aircraft communications is somewhere in the MHz range, so that shouldn't affect it. When my dad works on radio equipment inside a small room the signals sometimes cancel each other out.

Nick
Old 01-26-2010, 12:07 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Ivan,

Thanks for the addtional details on the HK 450's, very interesting...I figured they had to cut costs anywhere possible to offer the helis at that price, but it seems like a fair enough trade off, esp for one's first heli.

Nick,

Yeah, aircraft are on mostly Mhz freqencies, around the 162.000 area I believe...if my scanner memory is correct. Unless they have new tech that I am not aware of...

Mark,

Tell me about it....the electronics wiring in the 450 Pro is very tight indeed...I struggled with that for a while, finally decided on a standard AR6100, with the pins facing upwards, seemed to work out pretty well that way, one thing that is definitely a help is that the lower frame plate is removable, so it allows some access to that area...it's hard to do a nice neat job, just have to take your time...

Here's some pics of mine....

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38307.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1364722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21113.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1364723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13948.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1364724  
Old 01-26-2010, 12:55 AM
9sec240

Glenn, you did a great job wiring that up. I had a hell of a time getting mine to look nice but it is so hard on the Pro. I kind of took the easy way out though and did mine like this.

Name:	Us55064.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	1364729  
Old 01-26-2010, 04:44 AM
Aframomum

Ah Ivan,
That's cheating.

Looks like you and Glenn beat me to getting my pictures up, fast little devils' ya'll are.

Hey, I absolutely loved the flying in the snow video. My gosh man are you hardcore to be out in that weather!!

Mark
Old 01-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Aframomum

Here's a few to show kinda where I'm at right now.

Mark

Name:	Ge95926.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1364866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36589.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1364867  
Old 01-26-2010, 10:19 AM
jroo

Well, got the blade 400 all back together. It's in better shape than it ever has been. The head was never right on this thing; not sure how it ever flew....Hopefully, with everything correct, it will be easier on me. Also, that new Turnigy charger I have rules. Iv'e been charging my little 110 mah batteries for my MCX and flying it around quite a bit. I spent some time doing some mods to get faster forward flight and longer flight times.

So, with those 2 helis out of the way, I can now start on the Align 250. yea!

Thing is, now I'm all doubting myself; hoping I have not gotten in over my head... I was really pumped about this 250, but I was watching the build videos made by jasmine2501 on helifreak, and he states he would not recommend this heli to anyone who does not feel 'very' comfortable with a larger heli. He mentioned that you should probably be able to fly inverted on a 450 before you take on the 250..... I know its faster and much more nimble, but should I just put it together and shelve it until I'm ultra confident with my 400? Is it 'that' difficult?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.