Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 05:45 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

Looks like CP Pro day, thats smaller and might fit. If not then grab the ols standby Quark! OMG take of yourself back there in that.
Tried to Skype you but no answer! Your not all blue and cold are you???????????????

Nick,
Thanks, now I can see it..the score that is.

Jreue, congrats on the maiden!
JPEE
Old 02-06-2010, 05:57 PM
9sec240

jreue, awesome!!! I have been looking forward to a flight report. Head speed on that bugger at 100% throttle with the stock 15T pinion will be in the low to mid 4k range!!!! My T250 with 16T pinion is turning 5100 RPMs on a full battery!! When progressing to forward flight, I would caution that the T250 will accelerate quickly and be out of sight before you can blink. Please be careful.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:03 PM
jroo

score was 123.

ok I figured out the score thing.

At the bottom of each post is a 'Rate Post' link.
Clicking this shows a popup where you can add 1 to 5 stars.

I just increased the previous post from 123 to 124.

The idea is to give out points to people who answer questions correctly, help out, etc.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:16 PM
jroo

Wow. Just took a look back at the previous posts about the weather you guys are having. Well lets see, I got sunny 90 degrees here!!! Was about 50 this morning and Iwas like ' too cold to fly'.....hahah That's what you get when you live in Texas!

We got punished though by mother nature this past summer though.
99 consecutive days of 90+ degrees and something rediculous like 25 consecutive days of 100+. It was just stupid. Everything was dead. No rain. Nothing.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi guys,

jreue,
Major congrats on your 250 maiden!! I had a feeling you were going to beat me to it. Glad to hear that you were able to get the gyro issue worked out. I bet the 250 is going to be getting a lot of "air" time in the coming weeks.

Glenn,
Holy cow is that a bunch of snow. As JPEE said, hope you stocked up on PB and J! The pictures really put things into perspective. Hearing the news report 25" of snow then seeing that much are two different things. Stay warm up there.

Mark
Old 02-06-2010, 08:08 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I like that heli pic. You need some heli floats, so you can take off from the snow.

Jreue,

That is cool you got to maiden the 250.

Nick
Old 02-06-2010, 08:59 PM
crashprofector

Hi new to heli's have a cp pro 2 I think the head is set up wrong can anyone tell me a good way to set up the head correctlly

Thanks mike
Old 02-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Aframomum

Hi Mike,

Welcome!

If first you could give some idea of what is happening with the head maybe we could go from there. Also, is there any way you can get a picture up - that would help also.

You may also want to check out this website, it is dedicated to repairing the CP and has lots of pictures to go along. www.bladecprepair.com

Mark
Old 02-06-2010, 11:27 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Whew, just got up from a well deserved nap....most of that snow in the pics of the car in the rear is now BESIDE the car...piles of it...ran out of space to move it...lol...more on that later...

jreue,

Congrats on your very sucessful and pleasant maiden, other than the one little hiccup....your hard work and attention to detail paid off, for sure!! Excellent job!!

Sounds like Ivan was dead on....with the T250 being 2x more stable than the Gaui 200, or feels like twice the size...sounds like it was a pleasure to hover!

I'm happy for you, I know it means alot to do your first build, and have it turn out well first time out

I hear ya on the Texas heat....believe it or not, I'll take this over that any day... I am NOT a hot weather person!!

Thanks for the input on the score thing, I'll have to make sure to help more people out...lol...

+1 on what Ivan said about when you get to the forward flight stage.....the little boogers get away fast!!!

JPEE,

Yeah, the ole fingers got a bit nippy, had to take frequent breaks...now the cold weather comes...it'll be in the teens most every night this week, and barely over freezing in the day....this snow will be around until April I'll bet...and more snow Tues and Wednesday!!!![X(]

Still got heat, and electricity, I'll be fine...gotta dig car #2 out tomorrow....the Mayor of Laurel declared a "no driving" law temporarily, if you get caught driving in a non-emergency, you get a ticket..[X(]

Mark,

Doing fine here, considering...thanks.

Yeah, 25-28 inches, officially broke the all time Dulles and BWI airport records for all time! It may be only 28 inches, but the wind made the drifts at least 4 feet deep in places, as you can see...

You have a maiden coming up soon I hear????

Nick,

I just had to show that pic, for fun....it would be fun to put some floats and go flying...but it's waay too cold!! And still windy too...

Mike,

Welcome to our thread....we can help ya out, but as Mark said, we need a bit more info....let us know!!

Glenn

Old 02-07-2010, 09:33 AM
jroo

Oh good grief...

So yesterday I took out the blade 400 in the back yard. Just hovering around; nothing big. Well I landed in the lawn. I then attempted to take off again and it was struggling a bit. I noticed the vetical stabilizer fin was hooked on a grass root. Luckely Iwas wearing trining gear or the heli would have tiipped. I put it on the concrete and spooled up. The motor sounded very loud and coarse and the heli shook a bit on spool up. Mind you, Ididn't have a crash, hard landing or anything... I took the heli in and looked the head over. Everything was fine; nothing bent, no loose screws, nothing.

Well this morning I thought I would give it another shot. Spooled her up and same thing. What the heck. Then I looked at the tail. The pitch slider shaft looks like a snake....

Man, talk about some luck. That right there is LAME. I want broken/bent parts from a nose in crash from 50', not from a trying to get off the ground! hahah

Back to the bench....
Old 02-07-2010, 03:17 PM
jroo

What a blast. I've got in 5 battery packs so far in with the 250. While one battery is charging, I fly the other. There is very little wind, clear, and about 50 degrees. The little breeze we have really throws the little 250 around, but I'm pretty poud of myself for keeping it in one piece. Someone said earlier that my 400 is going to feel like slow motion compared to this one. After 5 packs in, there is no doubt in my mind. This thing is quick!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
jroo

Update on the Blade400. The tail slider shaft is not bent, but the bearing is demolished.... Its in about 5 pieces....How that happened, I have no idea.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63224.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1373924  
Old 02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
evdreamer

Jreue,

That is good you are enjoying the 250 and have good weather.

Nick
Old 02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
rotarydoc

jreue,

Glad someone is enjoying the hobby!!

I probably won't be seeing any GRASS for a few months...lol...more snow on the way mid week, I can hardly wait!!

That is great on the 250 and that you have not had any mishaps yet....and it was I that stated that the B400 will seem like slow motion...see what you think when you fly them back to back, it may not be as severe with the T250 vs. the Gaui 200....

How tight was your tail drive belt? That bearing looks like it was overloaded...or, if it was in a major crash, it had flat spots on the balls that eventually destroyed it....just my 2 cents...

Great to hear all of you sucess so far with the 250...it'll make you a better pilot!

I have had my share of "grass snags" as well, usually no big deal, but if the landing gear gets caught on a strong one, it can be an issue, for sure..[X(]

Have fun!

Glenn
Old 02-07-2010, 05:14 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

jreue,

Glad someone is enjoying the hobby!!

I probably won't be seeing any GRASS for a few months...lol...more snow on the way mid week, I can hardly wait!!

That is great on the 250 and that you have not had any mishaps yet....and it was I that stated that the B400 will seem like slow motion...see what you think when you fly them back to back, it may not be as severe with the T250 vs. the Gaui 200....

How tight was your tail drive belt? That bearing looks like it was overloaded...or, if it was in a major crash, it had flat spots on the balls that eventually destroyed it....just my 2 cents...

Great to hear all of you sucess so far with the 250...it'll make you a better pilot!

I have had my share of ''grass snags'' as well, usually no big deal, but if the landing gear gets caught on a strong one, it can be an issue, for sure..[X(]

Have fun!

Glenn
Glenn,
Here is a new toy for you to combat the snow you have and the the snow your planing on next week!

Name:	Fd90923.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1373993  
Old 02-07-2010, 05:53 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

LOL, I sure could have used that this past weekend!!

Finally got both cars dug out, and took a walk up to the main road out....it's basically one lane...so tomorrow morning should be interesting getting to work....and finding a place to park...

Glenn
Old 02-07-2010, 08:00 PM
9sec240

ORIGINAL: jreue

Update on the Blade400. The tail slider shaft is not bent, but the bearing is demolished.... Its in about 5 pieces....How that happened, I have no idea.....
I just repaired a B400 for a guy that had the exact same thing happen. The bearing self destructed.

Glad you are digging the T250. They are great helis.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:28 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I finally had some time to design some electronics with my simulation software. I was working on a 14V 20A switching power supply. It was taking too long in the simulation, so I stopped it when it got up to 10V and a 120W. It seemed to be working good, but it was only 67% efficient.

Nick
Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like a really cool project, it will be pretty cool to have working once you get it figured out and more efficient...20 amps would be sweet for sure!

Not much new here, looks like we are getting another 12 to 20 inches of snow tomorrow night. This weather is getting a bit ridiculous, I feel like I live in upstate New York or something...[&o]

Hope you can get the bugs worked out of the power supply soon.

Glenn
Old 02-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Aframomum

Hi all,

Had to take off a while to take care of some family matters - the wifes been feeling a little under the weather and so have been taking over things at home. Glad I have the next few days off so she can get her strength back before I go back to work.

Glenn,
Sorry to hear that you guys up there are going to get another pounding by mother nature. And after you just got dug out. [] I bet the snow crews have been working round the clock to keep things managable.

jreue,
What an unfortunate thing to have a bearing self-destruct like that - at least with your new rexy you won't have to worry about that happening. Oh, if you haven't done already - go over the heli to make sure no screws have come loose after your first initial flights. Glad to hear someone is getting a chance to fly!

Mark
Old 02-09-2010, 01:26 PM
jroo

ANy of you guys using Phoenix Simulator? Are you using it with a DX6i?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 PM
choppersrule

Jreue,

That would be me, Phoenix and the DX6i. Also, I don't have a fancy PC either, it's from Wally World. A $399 E-machine. You do have to use the included cable, it's got some kind of box in the middle of the cable. See a couple pictures for the cable and a screen shot of one of the planks. If you decide to get one and have any trouble setting it up, shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to help.

Dave

ANy of you guys using Phoenix Simulator? Are you using it with a DX6i?

Name:	Sp45159.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1375138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37617.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	1375139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm22499.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1375140  
Old 02-10-2010, 10:12 PM
jroo

Quick question.

My Blade 400 Throttle Curve is 0-100 linear. Throttle hold is 0-0.

When I switch off Throttle Hold, the blades begin to spin at 0 stick. Anyone have a clue whats going on. This "does not" happen on my TRex250 using same transmitter.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:38 PM
evdreamer

Jreue,

If you go to the graph menu of all the servo movements check to see that the throttle goes down when you flip the throttle hold. I am not familiar with the DX6i, but on my DX7 I can go down into a negative value for the throttle hold and that is the only way for me to shut everything off.

Nick
Old 02-10-2010, 11:12 PM
JPEE

Quick question.

My Blade 400 Throttle Curve is 0-100 linear. Throttle hold is 0-0.

When I switch off Throttle Hold, the blades begin to spin at 0 stick. Anyone have a clue whats going on. This ''does not'' happen on my TRex250 using same transmitter.
Jreue,

Yes this is common. It happens for two reasons. I have my "hold" setting at -5 not zero zero. Also the "hold" switch must be "off" when you plug in the battery. Once the heli locks on the radio then you can set the throttle hold. Give that a try.........works for me..... JPEE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.