Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:42 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

I am also starting to get the cold weather and lots of rain.

I think the Hiller setup would help out to learn the orientations and learn forward flight and turns, but anything more I would recommend the Bell Hiller setup. Here is the [link=http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1162B]link[/link] to the part number. Then you also need the bearings out of the stock grips or get 6 new bearings so you could switch between Hiller and Bell Hiller grips much faster. This is the [link=http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1115]link[/link] for the bearings if you were interested and they come in a pack of two.

Nick
Old 09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

do you notice a big difference in the helicopter being more stable with the cp grips instead of the cp pro grips?
Old 09-10-2008, 12:37 PM
evdreamer

For me there was a big difference. With flybar weights on it seemed to fly a lot like a CX, but I was using the DX7 at the time. But I had the stock tail motor in. So with the GWS tail motor I think it good be a fairly good trainer. But I had some Collective Pitch experience. I almost crashed a few times because the cyclic response was too slow and I had to shut the power off once because I got to close to a tree and couldn't move around it. For the money I say it is a good part to make it easier to handle.

I almost finished uploading my first video. It might me an hour before the second one is done uploading.

It seems to windy to fly today so I am just going to stay inside.

Nick
Old 09-10-2008, 02:03 PM
evdreamer

Here are the videos:
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcQLpv02peY]T-Rex one[/link]
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Slkh4uysM]CPP one[/link]
Hope you guys enjoy.

Nick
Old 09-10-2008, 07:57 PM
HeliStyle

im telling you guys I have really bad luck, car wouldn't start again and I guess it might be the main relay in it, Its been having trouble starting and after reading stuff online, people have trouble with the older model civics saying that when its hot out and they sit for awhile the civcs tend to have main relay problems, so theres another 65 dollars for a relay
Old 09-10-2008, 09:02 PM
evdreamer

Sorry to hear about the relay.

Nick
Old 09-10-2008, 09:23 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Wow, the CPP vid is awesome, looks like you got the funnels down pat now....lookin' good! I see that you also have the funnels nose down going pretty well too...

LOL, I couldn't help but laugh at the tail rotor noise, sounds just like mine...like a MAD BEE...

Only one problem though...the T-Rex link is to RC Groups, about the T-Rex 250???

Great work and flying on the CPP!!

I did get to fly a bit tonight, before it got dark. I didn't realize how early it gets dark now...by 7:40, it's too dark to fly.

I flew the smaller helis, since the wind was very low. The CPP flew great, and so did the Gaui. I am really starting to like the way the Gaui is flying/handling much better now. Very flyable, and enjoyable.

Glenn
Old 09-10-2008, 09:25 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

What year is your Civic? I hope it's just a main relay, like they were saying...but some Hondas also had ignition system issues too....like ignitors and coils...let me know how you make out.

I guess no flying, too busy fixing the car and moving? Sounds like your new place should be awesome for flying helis out back...

Hope your wife to be is OK now...and feeling better.

Good luck with the Civic.

Glenn
Old 09-10-2008, 09:59 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I wish I could have gotten more of the right side of the funnel figure 8.

Yeah the tail motor sounds pretty funny.

I can't believe I did that for the T-Rex link. I will fix it in a minute.

Thanks for the compliment.

Good to hear you had a great day flying. I never did get to fly because the wind would never calm down. And it is supposed to rain the rest of the week.

Nick
Old 09-10-2008, 10:02 PM
evdreamer

Here is the correct [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcQLpv02peY]link[/link] to the T-Rex video.

Sorry about that.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:14 AM
HeliStyle

rotarydoc it is werid that you say it might be the ignitor, my uncle is a mechinic and he said he thought it could be the same thing but he wasn't sure, the car is a 1992 honda civic dx 1.5. Do you anyway to test it to see if its the ignitor. Its werid when you play with the ignitor/ key for the car and turn the key like 2o times really fast it will start, also when you take the relay out and then put it back in sometimes it wont start either, im really lost lol
Old 09-11-2008, 04:11 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Well, let's see if we can narrow it down a bit...so I understand your issue, and we'll go from there. If it gets too involved, we'll have to take it to PM, 'cause this is deff not RC heli related!! LOL

When you go to start the car, does it;

1. Crank and crank and crank and not start up and run?

OR

2. Does it not crank when you turn the key, and you have to repeatedly try the key to get it to crank?

By "crank" I mean that the starter motor engages and turns the engine over in order to start the engine.

We'll take it from there...if it's number 2, then it is NOT an igniter or coil issue. But the most common thing on Hondas is an ignition problem of some sort, leanding me to believe/assume that your issue is more like number 1?

Let me know...

Glenn
Old 09-11-2008, 04:35 PM
HeliStyle

ill pm you
Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 PM
HeliStyle

on another note I just picked up a new spindle for the cp pro and the hiller setup for the original blade cp, going to maybe install that if I have time tonight
Old 09-11-2008, 04:52 PM
evdreamer

I think you will like the Hiller setup.

I ended up getting a CastleCreations Phoenix 10 because I heard the E-Flite ESC I have doesn't use the full potential of the brushless motor. Then I also got some E-Flite S60 servos. Even though E-Flite says they are analog people have found out the chip in them is digital. Then I got some 10 and 11 tooth pinions to increase the headspeed. Then I also got a scale to see what the weight of my CPP is.

I was checking out the battery I got from Hobbycity and it weighs more than the stock E-Flite ones and it is also has 50mAh less.

Now I pretty much have the same setup as John Adams. I just couldn't resist having a helicopter like his where he said he can do continuous flips at knee high.

Nick
Old 09-11-2008, 05:18 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I watched your videos, and you are doing better all the time.... I've been super busy lately, so my time has been restricted.... I usually only have time to read through out my favorite threads but not posting... My home thread is the Wheeee....Cp thread... I've been with em' for over a year, so if I only have time to post one post it usually goes there. Here, I'am more like a guest, as I pop in from time to time but do try to keep up as I'am logged off and reading all your guys' adventures and successes...

Hope everyone is doing good & take care all,

~ Jeff
Old 09-11-2008, 06:44 PM
HeliStyle

thanks alot for the help glenn, I was going to go try what you told me to do, but its dark now and I have no outside lights so I'll prob do it tommorrw, I hope its not the ignition and just a bad main relay, I'll keep you posted on the car. I didn't get a chance to swap out the cp pro grips for the cp grips yet but I think that will be tommorrw night, been way busy with my junk car lol Nick your cp pro must be worth alot and I bet that thing flies like a dream. J-michael your not a guest this is just as much as your thread as it is ours, everyone is welcome to put there input and idea's
Old 09-11-2008, 06:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

Heli ~

Not sure what year your Civic is, but another common thing to go wrong in case it is just cranking and cranking and cranking, like Glenn said, is the igniter module which is located inside of the distributor cap.... I've had one go on the Crx and also my 95' civic.... Approximate price of about $90.00.... It's a thin square little jobber which is set in place by a few small screws.... Just something to keep in mind..

Also because I don't know the year of your Honda, but if its newer, you should be seeing on your computer board usually located on the passenger side floorboard, where your feet are placed behind the carpet... My 91 Crx and 95 Civic also had this, as well as the Acura having it today. It has a cover, but also has a little eye with a where you should be seeing a flashing little light which will send you codes in a sequence of what could be wrong as you turn the key on.... Like 3 blinks would be this, or two blinks something else... You may have to do a little research, or look in a service repair manual maybe on-line to find out the exact information related to your problem...

~ Jeff
Old 09-11-2008, 09:01 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

No problem with the help, hope we can get it nailed down for ya...just do the spark test as we discussed in PM. Probably is the igniter or coil, but let's take it one step at a time.

Jeff, a buddy of mine on here, JPEE, just hooked me up with about a zillion heli and plane downloads for the G4....I never knew about them before, a huge database of about 4400 models!!

I know you aren't too much into your sim right now, but I found some super cool helis on there, including a couple of CPP's, and a LOGO 600 that flies the best of any model I have ever flown on the G4!

If you need a link, let me know, if you already know, then just disregard this message...

Nick, I got a chance finally to check the T-Rex vid out, and it's awesome!! Looks like you are doing very well, even with the limited space you have in the backyard. Keep up the great work and flying!

What kind of scale did you get? Is it the Harbor Freight one like I and JPEE have?

Let us know what your helis weigh in at, and we'll have some fun with weigh comparisons...

Glenn
Old 09-11-2008, 10:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff, a buddy of mine on here, JPEE, just hooked me up with about a zillion heli and plane downloads for the G4....I never knew about them before, a huge database of about 4400 models!!

I know you aren't too much into your sim right now, but I found some super cool helis on there, including a couple of CPP's, and a LOGO 600 that flies the best of any model I have ever flown on the G4!
Most definately need the link ! Thanks in advance so much also.....!!.. That's awesome, as I've never came across any info in regards to the models you can download for the G4... Interesting about the Logo...I've heard they all fly well, and may have to get the few parts I need to get it up for a hover. The thing is, its a pain to find parts for it, and so that is not to much of a motivator right there... But for $250.00 bucks for the thing with a Hacker motor/ GY401/ Futaba 9254 servo/ 3 Hi-tech HS-81 servos/ blades included I couldn't resist.... As just the 9254 and GY401 combo is $199.00 right there... All the parts were all new in the boxes still, and the heli is all brand new also... But I still may sell it to someone, but still unsure.....

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-11-2008, 10:59 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

It's late, so I gotta keep it short....I have downloaded some of the coolest helis I have ever flown on G4....everything from a Walkera 4#3 like Helistyle's, all the way to a AH-46 Chinook tandem rotor heli !! And some of the sweetest flying models I have ever flown...try the LOGO 600 on for size...talk about sweet!!

Here's what I JUST figured out....not all of the downloads are complete helis or planes...you have to look at the description, and if it mentions "requires" in the description....the best I can tell, the files that end in "EA" are complete, ready to fly models....

I have never had so much fun with my G4....EVER!

Hopefully, you know how to import files to G4...if not, it's in the manual, not hard to do at all....under the import drop down, use the last selection, some weird filename extensions....you'll figure it out, I'm sure....and then you'll be up half the night downloading new models!! LOL

Here's how to start the fun!!

http://knifeedge.com/forums/download...letter=&page=1

So don't stay up ALL night....LOL

ENJOY!

Glenn
Old 09-11-2008, 11:05 PM
J-MICHAEL

Thanks a lot Glenn... I know, I get no sleep as it is like us all.... Just found out my Microheli head is bent from the last crash... $40.00 for a new one, so I'll have to order one. For now, I'll see if my SA stock aluminum one will be compatible with the rest of the Microheli gear..

Take care guy,

~ Jeff
Old 09-11-2008, 11:11 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

For me once I learned the basics of a trick it doesn't take very long to learn how to put it together. I think that was the second day I was doing the funnel with the nose pointing down and doing the funnel figure 8's. To bad the right part of the figure 8 was cut off. Like Helistyle said it is great having you come on this thread when you have time and talk about your experiences. That was a great deal on the Logo.

Helistyle,

I am thinking my CPP is probably worth 3/4 of my T-Rex. It is pretty stable in a hover and when I want the cyclic response to be fast it can. Because of my mixes on the CPP I have to do a trick faster than with the T-Rex. I am hoping my new pinions will let me get rid of the mixes. I should have done what people were doing on RCGroups. They where buying the CPP frame and other mechanical parts. Then they would buy all the electronics they wanted from the start and they saved a lot of money doing that.

Glenn,

That is a lot of models to choose from on G4. Thanks for the compliment on the T-Rex video. It is much easier to make things look smooth with the T-Rex, but I would never try a trick without doing it on the CPP first.

I was thinking about the HarborFreight scale, but since I was ordering from Helidirect I decided to get one from them. I am really impressed with them. Three hours after I ordered the parts I got an email saying it already shipped out. I am having trouble getting onto Helidirect's site to show the scale, but once I can I will give a link. Yeah I will give the weight of my CPP once the scale comes.

Nick
Old 09-11-2008, 11:16 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Here is the [link=http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=3092]link[/link] to the scale I got.

Nick
Old 09-12-2008, 12:26 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Alright... I'll try again tommorrow, but having a problem downloading them... I open up G4. Then I go under simulation, scroll down to import and click on the last selection ( although I tried the top one to Kex..With no luck also...lol..) Anyway, the last selection under import which says...Realflight archive (RFX, G3X)...

After I click that, and go to a folder I opened to store the downloaded files like the 4 models I tried which are the Trex 450 SE-V2/ Trex 600/ Raptor 30/ and the Trex 500 GF and then click on one to open I get a response that says ERROR/ could not access contents file in Align T-Rex 500 GF_ EA. import failed.........

I'll try again tommorow for a bit, or maybe search the Knife-edge forums some more to see... But according to the forum at knife-edge, I seem to be doing it right but something isn't working. Just telling you in case you recognize something I may be doing wrong. But yeah, I see there sure is a lot of models on there ! Holy moly ! I'll click on one, and save the file to a folder I opened under 'my documents' but G4 just doesn't want to co-operate yet when I try to import it selecting the last selection under the ' import ' choice. It goes to the folder where there at, but when I click on the selection and then hit ' open ' it says that error message....Weird...

Nick ~

Yeah, nice scale there ! I bookmarked it.... I just got a postal scale 2 days ago, but doesn't give the grams in which I want. I have another scale which gives grams, but doesn't go down to .1 or whatever, so I need one for that. So I can weigh a tiny, tiny screw ! Thanks for the link.....

A lot of times, my time is restricted so that's why I brought up that I'll pop in and out, here and there..... I just don't want any hard feelings if ya guys don't see me for awhile sometimes...Lol.. You know how drawn in and time consuming these forums can get ! You guys are a terrific bunch, so I'll try my best to stay in contact....

Take care guys,

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.