Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

BIG LAMA

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
jlvr51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

[8D]
Hi guys,
It has been awhile since I posted something in the group. I completed the Big Lama upgrade last night ::: metal kit from rc 711 ::: canopy & tail kit w/ 300 skids from rtf-heli
My work space is my computer desk and I'm not good at manufacturing, but am able to assemble/disassemble. The upgrade was easy enough for me to figure out. The metal core kit was a quick change over. The canopy & tail w/ skid set took some doing, but rtf has a page with pix to help assembly. I had to drill couple holes in the canopy for a better fit on the existing mounting pin. Since I used the original battery holder, I made a wedge out of Lama 4 blades to shelve the battery cause I needed to move it forward a bit due to a change in balance. I also took the suggestion of using Walkera Blades for the 400D heli. Other than that, it was a possible assembly without a whole lot of frustration.
I've been flying BL stock in my backyard for a bit. This morning I thought I would take the upgraded bird for a spin at the neighborhood park. I like it!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26081.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	1251817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51663.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1251818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23745.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	1251819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zs50807.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	1251820  
Old 08-07-2009, 02:37 PM
RC_Addiction

Hi peter,

Feels good seeing a picture of the xtreme blades (gives me some hope).

I would rather them not having any of those graphics on them, that remind me that the BOL is just a toy.

I got my second set of Lama 400D blades.

I might get a 2.4G ver so i could use my old light mod.

Not doing very well with my plane experience. Takes longer to master it that helis.

fernando,

Old 08-07-2009, 07:47 PM
rusty63

Hi Fenando , Any pictures of plane . I agree nice to finaly see pictures of Blades . Instead of pie in sky release dates . They are very toy like . Russell
Old 08-07-2009, 07:51 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Buz
Hi Peter,
Thanks for the pointer on uploading directly. This is the picture that should have been in my message earlier.
Hey again Buzz,

Glad you could follow my pointers OK. Two observations re. the kit pictured: It looks like you have managed to avoid receiving a dud inner hub (Sven first highlighted the problem that he found on another forum), although it could be the angle of your pic. It would pay to check out Svens links before installation anyway. Go right ahead with the dual-collar arrangement that you thought of. It seems to be able to work.[sm=50_50.gif] I would steal the idea and try it myself - only I don't have access to dual-collars. What would be the benefits over what we are have now? As you can tell, my motto is, "I'll try anything once!"...

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 08-07-2009, 08:04 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: jlvr51
[8D]
Hi guys,
It has been awhile since I posted something in the group. I completed the Big Lama upgrade last night ::: metal kit from rc 711 ::: canopy & tail kit w/ 300 skids from rtf-heli
My work space is my computer desk and I'm not good at manufacturing, but am able to assemble/disassemble. The upgrade was easy enough for me to figure out. The metal core kit was a quick change over. The canopy & tail w/ skid set took some doing, but rtf has a page with pix to help assembly. I had to drill couple holes in the canopy for a better fit on the existing mounting pin. Since I used the original battery holder, I made a wedge out of Lama 4 blades to shelve the battery cause I needed to move it forward a bit due to a change in balance. I also took the suggestion of using Walkera Blades for the 400D heli. Other than that, it was a possible assembly without a whole lot of frustration.
I've been flying BL stock in my backyard for a bit. This morning I thought I would take the upgraded bird for a spin at the neighborhood park. I like it!!!
Hey again jlvr51,

It came out brilliantly! You've got to be happy with that....

Could you do me a favour and add up all the $ that you spent in upgrades? not including the L4 blades (and that was a stroke of genious BTW). I envy you that the "metal core kit was a quick change over" - cause mine wasn't and those play-dough grub screws are a real pain[:@]
...now you can get your flying fix without damage.

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 08-07-2009, 08:11 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: RC_Addiction
Hi peter,
Feels good seeing a picture of the xtreme blades (gives me some hope).
I would rather them not having any of those graphics on them, that remind me that the BOL is just a toy.
I might get a 2.4G ver so i could use my old light mod.
Not doing very well with my plane experience. Takes longer to master it that helis.
Hey again RC_Addiction,

I agree with the first two lines of your post.

So you are thinking about getting a 2.4G as well! One of my fuselages has LEDs for dim light flying in it and I don't want to lose that either.....so I know how you feel. Just start saving $ now!

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]

Name:	Ki19182.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1252025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89501.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1252026  
Old 08-08-2009, 04:31 AM
jlvr51

Peter: Thanks for the thumbs up on the upgrade.

HeliDynamic Metal Upgrade 33.50; Raiden Battery 11.1V/900mah/15c 19.50
Lama 400D Blades 7.30; Separate Canopy/Tail Boom 39.99
SuperSkid 300 (Black) 25.99 ......................................USD= 126.28

Took me about 3 hours to put together since I had to look & think "huh??? how?" very brief written assembly instructions for the skids. My initial fear was the brace for the tail boom; that was easy.

Have a nice weekend,
Jose

Old 08-08-2009, 05:47 AM
rusty63

Just when you thought it was safe they release the works New Model .<u>2.4ghz x3dpro brushlessBig Lama</u>Boy am i tempted . Already have it in my checkout . cya Russell
http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_in...s_id=2180{6}14</p>
Old 08-08-2009, 05:58 AM
pgroom_68

Peter: Thanks for the thumbs up on the upgrade.
HeliDynamic Metal Upgrade 33.50; Raiden Battery 11.1V/900mah/15c 19.50
Lama 400D Blades 7.30; Separate Canopy/Tail Boom 39.99
SuperSkid 300 (Black) 25.99 ......................................USD= 126.28
Took me about 3 hours to put together since I had to look & think ''huh??? how?'' very brief written assembly instructions for the skids. My initial fear was the brace for the tail boom; that was easy.
Have a nice weekend,
Hey again Jose,

I have worked out a similar amount - $155 (including LEDs) for upgrades for my 2.4G Big Lama[sm=72_72.gif].
(That figure reserves US$15 for Extreme Blades to try out also.)

I am now of the opinion that if Esky released a "2.4G Upgraded version 2" of the Big Lama with a metal head upgrade (including extended shaft) AND if they put some form of upgraded skid set on it - like is already released for the Esky Honeybee FP etc - they would have to sell them above US$220 each - which seems to be a lot of money to pay for a coaxial at once. But, if upgrades are done to it to get it to a similar state - it doesn't seem as much (well, you don't have to take out a third mortgage and sell the kids anyway)

So,[sm=50_50.gif] in a way, they have made a very shrewd business decision - offering a heli that can fly and hover in light wind (well, I might add) - but needs spare parts and upgrades in order to cater to the flying styles of most of us enthusiasts....... Esky - I applaud you! ]

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
P.S. Spare parts & upgrades is where the real $ is....
Old 08-08-2009, 06:09 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: rusty63

Just when you thought it was safe they release the works New Model .<u>2.4ghz x3dpro brushless Big Lama </u> Boy am i tempted . Already have it in my checkout . cya Russell
Hey again Russell,

i was just getting all philosophical and costing out the upgrades that I have done to get my BOL up to a flying standard that I enjoy - and rc711.com releases this baby. Like Sven posted a while ago, the brushless motors that they adopted was 3000KV (for, I think the term he used was, a "boarded system"). Notice that they don't undo the playdough grub screw in the collar and change out the standard for the extended shaft - just supply it as an extra - probably to much trouble for them to bother.
I am also very tempted to buy another 2.4G BOL........

P.S. I will order some [link=http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=60_139&products_id=1946]Walkera 400D blades[/link] at the same time.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:44 AM
rusty63

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: rusty63

Just when you thought it was safe they release the works New Model .<u>2.4ghz x3dpro brushlessBig Lama</u>Boy am i tempted . Already have it in my checkout . cya Russell
Hey again Russell,

i was just getting all philosophical and costing out the upgrades that I have done to get my BOL up to a flying standard that I enjoy - and rc711.com releases this baby. Like Sven posted a while ago, the brushless motors that they adopted was 3000KV (for, I think the term he used was, a "boarded system"). Notice that they don't undo the playdough grub screw in the collar and change out the standard for the extended shaft - just supply it as an extra - probably to much trouble for them to bother.
I am also very tempted to buy another 2.4G BOL........

P.S. I will order some [link=http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=60_139&amp;products_id=1946]Walkera 400D blades[/link] at the same time.
Hi Peter , Perhaps to fit in Standard shipping box they leave standard shaft in. Seems pretty good price . Like $70aus or so extra . Russell
ps ..If i do hit buy button will add Walkera blades .

ps . Almost forgot notice elevator servo horn still trimed .
Old 08-08-2009, 08:15 AM
pgroom_68

Hey again Russell,

Yeah - I noticed that also! I guess you could order [link=http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1903]Esky servo horns[/link] at the same time, (I see they are out-of-stock for a couple of weeks...SO...you get a misc bag of servo horns when you purchase an Esky servo - they are very cheap on ebay Australia

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 08-08-2009, 08:36 AM
rusty63

Hi Peter , Stop it you tempting me to hit that buy button .hehe. Besides i keep most of broken stuff and spares . No problems to find another uncut servo arm if i needed .lol..Now please stop. How about you buy it first mate . Russell ........Peter ill send you a servo arm if youneed ok .
Old 08-08-2009, 12:00 PM
erdnuckel2

guys, guys, ... hold your horses ...

Peter, Rusty,

think about it for a moment ... this is an Esky 2.4GHz BOL with the 3DPro blades, the 3Dpro alu kit and the brushless motors you can buy as a plug-and-play kit from AOERC ( http://www.aeorc.com/english/index.p...p;productname= )

It is (and I thought that at first myself) not ESKY, who listened to the wishes of the rc pilots out there in the forums, but it is rc711 itself ...
None of us who bought that stuff individually did get anything different

The only thing different is, they are a big vendor, so they will offer the complete packet cheaper than you can get your hands on the parts - this is the only difference ... but I know, usually for everyone the sole decisive one as well (considering how everybody always looks for cheap first .. )

The catch on that stuff will stay the You-get-what-you-pay-for-factor !!

Those are my 2 Cents to the newest development
Regards,
Sven

PS:
I would also claim that is the reason, why you don't read anything about the extended shaft ... because they just hop up the original 2.4G BOL'd and put them back in their original packaging .... so you will STILL need the DIY extended shaft, as long as they don't go selling that individually, too.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Buz

ORIGINAL: erdnuckel2

guys, guys, ... hold your horses ... [img][/img]

Peter, Rusty,

think about it for a moment ... this is an Esky 2.4GHz BOL with the 3DPro blades, the 3Dpro alu kit and the brushless motors you can buy as a plug-and-play kit from AOERC ( http://www.aeorc.com/english/index.p...productname= )

It is (and I thought that at first myself) not ESKY, who listened to the wishes of the rc pilots out there in the forums, but it is rc711 itself ...
None of us who bought that stuff individually did get anything different

The only thing different is, they are a big vendor, so they will offer the complete packet cheaper than you can get your hands on the parts - this is the only difference ... but I know, usually for everyone the sole decisive one as well (considering how everybody always looks for cheap first .. [img][/img] )

The catch on that stuff will stay the You-get-what-you-pay-for-factor !!

Those are my 2 Cents to the newest development
Regards,
Sven

PS:
I would also claim that is the reason, why you don't read anything about the extended shaft ... because they just hop up the original 2.4G BOL'd and put them back in their original packaging .... so you will STILL need the DIY extended shaft, as long as they don't go selling that individually, too.

Hello, Sven.....

It suddenly hit me that if you buy one of the BL's shown with the extended shaft.... I read the ad, then read it again and... if you pay all this money to get the extended shaft, metal head, BL motors and 2.4ghz.... all they are doing is tossing the metal head kit and the shaft extension kit in the box with a stock BL. It says this:

Package included :

* ESky Big Lama Helicopter Body (Brushless Metal Edition, Ready-to-Fly)
* 2.4G 4ch Receiver (EK2-0426) NEW!
* 2.4Ghz 4ch Transmitter (ET4i) NEW!
* 11.1V Li-polymer Battery (EK1-0188)
* Charger for 7.4V and 11.1V Li-polymer battery (EK2-0851)
* 1 x 100-240V AC Switching Adapter (EU, US/JP, UK, AU) We will choose the correct one for your country!
* 12V DC Connector to Charger
* Quick Start Guide and Manual in English & Simplified Chinese
* Gift box
* Extra! 3DPro Extended Shaft and Collar Set X 1
* Extra! 3DPro DuraBlade Type C X 1 Set
* Extra! EK2-0900A USB Cable + FlightSIM CD-ROM

Brushless Metal Edition, ready to fly? It may have the brushless motors in it... but it certainly doesn't look like it is ready to fly right out of the box. I'm thinking you get everything you need for YOU to extend the shaft. Why didn't they offer a metal flybar instead of a stock one? I don't think the BL would fit back in it's box if the shaft was already extended. So, if you have a BL already... this deal is a rip off! All you need to do is order the extension kit and the metal head... for $33. It still doesn't have a metal flybar... but you're not buying another helicopter you probably don't need. My 2 cents worth, but maybe I've missed something in the advertisement. The last thing I need is another BL. So I ordered only what I needed from RC711.... and it didn't include paying for a new helicopter too.

Buzz

Old 08-08-2009, 03:49 PM
owneroppie

Big Lama arrived yesterday and must say that it is extremely stable and was great outside. The body is very delicate, I will use clear plastic (thin) shipping tape and put a 1 layer wrap on it and see if it takes a hard set down bettter than with-out the tape. All in all, very impressed for out of the box and ready to fly fun ! ! Easy for the newbie's (like me).
Old 08-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Buz

ORIGINAL: owneroppie

Big Lama arrived yesterday and must say that it is extremely stable and was great outside. The body is very delicate, I will use clear plastic (thin) shipping tape and put a 1 layer wrap on it and see if it takes a hard set down bettter than with-out the tape. All in all, very impressed for out of the box and ready to fly fun ! ! Easy for the newbie's (like me).

That's good news! Fly it when there is no wind and get used to it. And don't mind us old curmudgeons complaining because we outfly the helicopter. But, if you can afford to spend another $33, order the extension inner rotor shaft and the metal head upgrade. Then, you'll start off with a helicopter that really does fly as it should, without breaking so many blades.

Please post a picture of your body covered with the clear tape.... your helicopter body, that is.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:59 PM
erdnuckel2

Hey Buzz,

slow down a bit !
I would never say this kit makes any sense for someone who ALREADY HAS a BOL! In that case, of course you are better of buying the parts YOU need and want and put them on your own BOL.
But if you are someone who up to now was hesitant to buy a BOL, then it is a great deal for you. See, what you get is really not a new model from Esky. RC711 to a batch of 2.4G BOL's they got from esky, ordered the brushless kit from AEORC, put that in, put their Metal extension kit in and then sells it for 190 bucks.
Now, if you buy the plain 2.4G BOL, it will cost you 120 dollars. Now you need 33$ for the metal kit, 80$ for the brushlesskit, 5$ for the blades and you are where? at about 240$ - that means, if you didn't already HAVEa BOL, you will actually save 50$ to get where the people here on the forum try to get. I would not consider it a rip-off ... you need to keep in mind who is the target group for this offer.

That was basically, what I wanted to say - I would not advise you or anyone else on here who already has their BOL to buy this bird.

Best regards,

Peace Sven

Old 08-08-2009, 06:26 PM
jlvr51

Hello all,

My 1st BL was the 72m ... sold it to my roommate after repairs to bring it up to RTF condition. Turned around and purchased myself the 2.4g version. Very recently put my hands to outfitting it with the available upgrades.

<<Owneroppie>> part of the joy of this hobby is learning the nuts & bolts of the machine. A sense of accomplishment that "hey look it still flies" after you've put your hands to whatever repair or upgrade needed to keep your heli operating as you want it. I don't consider myself an aggressive pilot ... more scale flight. I just enjoy taking to flight and watching the helicopter grace the air around me. Very relaxing & fun!!! Hang in there and feel free to ask these "experts" for any help you need. I have found this group of guys very helpful.

Thanks a bunch guys,
Jose
Old 08-08-2009, 10:00 PM
pgroom_68

Hello all,
My 1st BL was the 72m ... sold it to my roommate after repairs to bring it up to RTF condition. Turned around and purchased myself the 2.4g version. Very recently put my hands to outfitting it with the available upgrades.
<<Owneroppie>> part of the joy of this hobby is learning the nuts & bolts of the machine. A sense of accomplishment that ''hey look it still flies'' after you've put your hands to whatever repair or upgrade needed to keep your heli operating as you want it. I don't consider myself an aggressive pilot ... more scale flight. I just enjoy taking to flight and watching the helicopter grace the air around me. Very relaxing & fun!!! Hang in there and feel free to ask these ''experts'' for any help you need. I have found this group of guys very helpful.
Thanks a bunch guys,
Hey again Jose,

My first BOL was a 35.xxx FM and I tried my best to sell it to any of the guys at my work (7 of whom already have smaller Esky coaxials) - couldn't so started upgrading the components within it - starting with the motors. I upgraded them to a brushed one already available that was compatable with the Esky electronics - the [link=https://www.ushobbysupply.com/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=695&osCsid=5 a11b2b0f21394820e8233f339e16bfb]Xtreme 380[/link] - designed for an Esky Honeybee FP. I found out that this motor would just drop into place (cause it had the same physical dimensions), ran on 11.1V, and would increase rpms admirably! The only downpoint was that the supplied pinion with the Xtreme motor had (I read) 11-teeth and had to be replaced. I ordered a pinion-puller (and heatsinks) at the same time as the two motors - and used the pinion-puller to remove & retain [and "vice" back on] the original pinions. This increased the power out-of-sight - and importantly GOT RID of the thermal cut-out atop each motor responsible for so many cut-outs during flights that it was renamed the "Spin-And-Die" syndrome! The flight times were mainly unchanged, if anything, they were slightly longer!
If I had my time over again, I think I would go brushless right from the start - but a suitable motor/ECSs combination wasn't readily available when I first got my BOL.

Peter
P.S. Since then, I have been spending most of my allocated time trying every blade combination already released - 'cause the rest of my bird was behaving admirably and I just had to harness all that power!
P.P.S. I have, of course, been fine tuning the cyclic response also - Jestine gave us the first extended inner shaft mod, Fernando urged us all to try taping our blades to reduce coning - and I developed an adjustable flybar - like the smaller coaxials already have!

Name:	Jh15793.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1252612  
Old 08-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Buz

Hey Buzz,

slow down a bit !
I would never say this kit makes any sense for someone who ALREADY HAS a BOL! In that case, of course you are better of buying the parts YOU need and want and put them on your own BOL.
But if you are someone who up to now was hesitant to buy a BOL, then it is a great deal for you. See, what you get is really not a new model from Esky. RC711 to a batch of 2.4G BOL's they got from esky, ordered the brushless kit from AEORC, put that in, put their Metal extension kit in and then sells it for 190 bucks.
Now, if you buy the plain 2.4G BOL, it will cost you 120 dollars. Now you need 33$ for the metal kit, 80$ for the brushlesskit, 5$ for the blades and you are where? at about 240$ - that means, if you didn't already HAVE a BOL, you will actually save 50$ to get where the people here on the forum try to get. I would not consider it a rip-off ... you need to keep in mind who is the target group for this offer.

That was basically, what I wanted to say - I would not advise you or anyone else on here who already has their BOL to buy this bird.

Best regards,

Peace Sven

Hi Sven,

I don't think I got my point across very well. If you read my post again, it says "If you already have a BL, this is a rip." The way that ad was worded seemed like the shaft and metal head, etc is already installed..."RTF out of the box".
What I was getting at is.... don't buy that set up if you already have a BL.. It is not pre assembled as it sounded to me in the advertisement. That's all I was getting at.

Buzz
Old 08-09-2009, 11:46 AM
erdnuckel2

Hi Buzz,

to put it in figurative speech "I think we are hovering on two different planes here"
I read your post again ... and again and I still seem to not get the decisive point ... because essentially, we BOTH say the exact same thing: If you already have a BOL, this offer is not right for you!! I just added that I don't think it is a rip-off like you say, because it is not meant to target people who already HAVE the BOL in the first place. You were absolutely right just ordering what YOUneeded, which is the 33$ metal head kit with extended shaft. But take the guy on another forum - I mentioned the ad there ... he did NOThave a BOL yet and decided to buy one now ... this type of person is the one targeted by the ad, not you or me.

Do we zone in on the same hovering plane now?

regards,
Sven

Hey Buzz,

slow down a bit !
Now, if you buy the plain 2.4G BOL, it will cost you 120 dollars. Now you need 33$ for the metal kit, 80$ for the brushlesskit, 5$ for the blades and you are where? at about 240$ - that means, if you didn't already HAVEa BOL, you will actually save 50$ to get where the people here on the forum try to get. I would not consider it a rip-off ... you need to keep in mind who is the target group for this offer.

Best regards,

Peace Sven

Hi Sven,

I don't think I got my point across very well. If you read my post again, it says "If you already have a BL, this is a rip." The way that ad was worded seemed like the shaft and metal head, etc is already installed..."RTF out of the box".
What I was getting at is.... don't buy that set up if you already have a BL.. It is not pre assembled as it sounded to me in the advertisement. That's all I was getting at.

Buzz
Old 08-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Buz

Hi Buzz,

to put it in figurative speech ''I think we are hovering on two different planes here''
I read your post again ... and again and I still seem to not get the decisive point ... because essentially, we BOTH say the exact same thing: If you already have a BOL, this offer is not right for you!! I just added that I don't think it is a rip-off like you say, because it is not meant to target people who already HAVE the BOL in the first place. You were absolutely right just ordering what YOU needed, which is the 33$ metal head kit with extended shaft. But take the guy on another forum - I mentioned the ad there ... he did NOT have a BOL yet and decided to buy one now ... this type of person is the one targeted by the ad, not you or me.

Do we zone in on the same hovering plane now?

regards,
Sven

Hey Buzz,

slow down a bit !
Now, if you buy the plain 2.4G BOL, it will cost you 120 dollars. Now you need 33$ for the metal kit, 80$ for the brushlesskit, 5$ for the blades and you are where? at about 240$ - that means, if you didn't already HAVE a BOL, you will actually save 50$ to get where the people here on the forum try to get. I would not consider it a rip-off ... you need to keep in mind who is the target group for this offer.

Best regards,

Peace Sven

Hi Sven,

I don't think I got my point across very well. If you read my post again, it says ''If you already have a BL, this is a rip.'' The way that ad was worded seemed like the shaft and metal head, etc is already installed...''RTF out of the box''.

Buzz

Hahahahaha! We're talking about the same thing.... I just thought they were advertising it as being extended and ready to fly out of the box. For someone who DOESN'T already have a BOL.... it's a very good deal.
I was educated in the USA. I can't read English. ROFL!!!

Buzz
Old 08-09-2009, 04:23 PM
pgroom_68

Hey guys,

Is the target buyer of this [link=http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2180]ultimate[/link] setup really the newbie to this hobby? If it is then what are the benefits of have a metal head with more expensive parts to replace WHEN the bird crashes and bends something in the head (happened to me)?? Isn't plastic a better option for this time in (y)our "journey"?

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 08-09-2009, 08:46 PM
erdnuckel2

Hi Peter,

I can't speak for Buzz, but as far as I am concerned I had hoped I stated clearly who I think this offer is really for - people who already fly something (most likely smaller) and know how to "operate" it.
I would also not recommend this bird for a total newbie - a) because you are right and a crash will burn a bigger hole in your pocket and b) a brushless conversion may pose quite a challenge for someone who NEVERflew a heli before...

It has a certain target group - and I guess we can eliminate BOL owners and newbies from it.

Regards,
Sven

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.