Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:29 PM
jroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE

The Sport and the Pro differ in a just a few ways.
1) The head and tail unit of both are exactly the same parts; just blue on the Sport and black on the Pro
2) Sport is tail driven, Pro is torque tube
3)Sport has tail boom mounted rudder servo where Pro has rudder servo 'in' back of frame
4)Sport has aileron and pitch servos mounted horizontal where Pro has them vertical

If there is anything else it's minor.

All,
Remember how Isaid the only thing bad about this build is the motor install? Wellm guess what? Ihave to take it out and turn it 180 degrees...... Ijust finished setting up tail, gyro is setup, and mounted and Imoved to the ESCplacement. Ihave the motor wire coming out of the front of the frame, but this won't work with the ESCmounted under the frame where Iwant it. It would require the motor wires to the ESCto go under the bottom nose of the frame.....right where the canopy mounts.

well hell.

Well, Ithought for a second about putting the ESCon the side of the frame, but Iwant it to be a very clean build, so while i'm here....imma rip off the front again, and flip the motor...

oh well, at least electronic placement will look nice in the end. It will delay the maiden, but if Ido it any other way it will bug the hell out of me.

have a good one!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:00 AM
jroo

Hell, I'm a pro now. hehe. 15 minutes to flip the motor; i even reset and re-locktited (sp?) my pinion!

Looks much better and is much more functional now.

Before and after pics ....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91138.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	1428250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82512.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1428251  
Old 04-30-2010, 05:28 PM
rotarydoc

jreue,

Lookin' great!

It's little attention to the details that make a difference, and like you, if I skimp on something that I know I should have taken the time to do right the first time, it will bug me until I finally do fix it...lol...

Tomorrow is the open house at the heli club, I'm gonna go up and see what's up with those guys...and hopefully get a few flights in while I'm there.

I have flown there, by myself, and it's BIG...a 450 kinda gets lost out on that field, and I gotta be careful, since I am definitely not used to flying way out there like JPEE does...

I believe the word is "loctited"...

How's everyone else doing?

Glenn
Old 04-30-2010, 06:39 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Have fun at the open house.

I got some fuel and glow plugs today. I should be set if the weather is good next week to fly.

Nick
Old 04-30-2010, 06:57 PM
JPEE

Jreue,
Thanks for taking the time to explain the differences in the two helis.

Also, dont feel bad about the motor and tearing yor nose off again. Remember I said I had my motor wires backwards and had to pull the front nose off. OH WAIT! that was after the first time I had to take it off as I had the motor mounted with only one screw for a dry run and then forgot and got the heli DONE and then realized it and had to tear into it again for access. OH BUT WAIT, then there was the last time I adjusted the pinion and felt the motor screw STRIP out the threads and had to pull the nost for the final and third time to rotate the motor 90 degrees to get to the other two holes for new threads. THERE, now you should feel better after my mistakes.

Glenn, Nick, I hope you guys get your good weather and get to fly.

We have WIND and more WIND. The house has me tuckered so I decided no weekend work here. Just going to fly if weather permits (charging all packs right now) or lay around. I got all of the 2,000 sq ft floor plan stripped of all door casings and all base boards and.......all carpet tack strip and that CRAP is sharp, what a job from HADIES. I cut all of the stuff up on my Dewalt Chop saw and filled 2 ea. 40 gallon trashs cans.

JPEE

Name:	xv64877.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	1,023.8 KB
ID:	1428521   Click image for larger version

Name:	ok28765.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	1428522   Click image for larger version

Name:	bg92957.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1428523   Click image for larger version

Name:	fy72478.jpg
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1428524  
Old 05-01-2010, 07:53 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

BOARING HERE............is everyone grounded? Nick ! I think I hear your soldering iron going right? Glenn is sitting around and playing on his new "I" thingie no doubt. Jreue, must have done his 450 Sport maiden and just didnt tell anybody. JPEE has wind again for three days in a row.

Just for fun and something to posrt here is a guy I know that has helis, he just got his 700E nitro conversion used. Now the electrics for it are order.

JPEE

Name:	sq46873.jpg
Size:	1,023.8 KB
ID:	1429120   Click image for larger version

Name:	up48354.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	1429121   Click image for larger version

Name:	pu52206.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1429122   Click image for larger version

Name:	bu58643.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1429123  
Old 05-01-2010, 08:17 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That house work doesn't sound fun.

I was using my soldering iron last night. I did some experimenting with my power panel last night. I noticed that glow plugs operate really good at 1.5A-2A on my power panel, but I have to put it at 3+A on my store bought power panel for them to work. So I redesigned all the components for that, so I can use smaller parts. I also noticed once I start the starter motor my LCD driver keeps resetting itself due to the current draw of the motor. I also noticed my glow plugs stay lit better once the motor starts on my power panel because I have a regulator circuit and the current just drops off on the store bought power panel.

That 700E should be fun. Do you get to maiden it!

Nick
Old 05-01-2010, 08:25 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Just got back from my open house a bit ago....and I'm sure glad I went!

This is the club for me, no doubt. ALL helis, and not many guys...in fact, only 3 guys are regulars at the field. There were some other guys there for the open house, from another club in Baltimore...

I saw some very nice flying by a couple of guys...the first is a LONG time heli pilot, he's got 3 Synergy N9's, the one he was flying to day was a V-bar...quite an impressive heli and pilot to watch for sure...he was doing easily the highest auto rotations I have ever seen, he had this .90 size heli so far in the air, you could barely make it out....I've never seen Curtis Youngblood do his high autos, but I'd be willing to bet this guy is really close...[X(] Inverted yet!

There was another outstanding pilot there, flying a Trex 600 with V-bar also...he's only been flying for 2 years, but he flies like it's been alot more than that...pretty spectacular flying...he had a very, very weird mechanical failure in flight, his RX pack came out, and hit the main blades, which of course brought the heli down....but the really WEIRD part was how it failed....the actual batteries came out of the shrink wrap!! The battery was secured with velcro and a strap, but the "innards" of the pack came out....very strange!!

He's very cool, and we got to talking after everyone had more or less left...and we asked each other where we fly, etc...and he came out and said "I need somebody to fly with!"....so we exchanged contact info..and have plans to get together and do some flying, wrenching, and simming....

I could learn a LOT from him, that is for sure, as well as the other pilots there too...

One other interesting heli up there was a LOGO 600 V-bar....that heli/pilot combo was also very nice...

So, I'm signing up later tonight, and have been cleared to fly tomorrow, weather permitting!

I got so involved meeting and watching, I didn't even fly...lol...

But I had a great time anyways....I think this will be the "kick in the pants" that I need to jump start my interest in helis again....

There was a guy there with a Raptor just like mine too...so I may break it out and start looking it over, the Synergy pilot said (and I've read it before) to flip the grips and make it leading edge control, he said that fixed most of the "woof and poof" problems back in the Raptor V1 days...

Looks like lots of flying, lot's of advice, and some pushing to get better coming up soon...

Glenn
Old 05-01-2010, 10:22 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool you enjoyed being at the heli field and being around other heli pilots.

Nick
Old 05-03-2010, 03:29 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi all,

Finally got a chance to get online since getting back from Florida. Things went really well, a bit tired from the interviews - all the questions they bombard you with!

Now is the time for some serious decisions b/c I have the feeling some offers are going to be coming in soon. Do I want to stay on nights or change to days? Do I want to commute an hour (and through toll roads) to get to a hospital that I really want to be at or accept the hospital that is only 15 minutes drive away? Going from 3rd shift to a 1st or 2nd shift is going to affect the time I have for flying - quite possibly shortening it considerably. Just some early brainstorming right now, I'll know more later in the week.

jreue,

Nice job on the 450 - any idea on a time for a maiden?

Nick,

Sounds like you keeping busy tinkering with your power panel - did the other company's circuit board work out for you?

JPEE,

Hope you got some rest after all the house work you've been doing.

Glenn,

Sounds like the open house was a major success, glad you found some newly 'infused' inspiration for your flying!

Flying by yourself is alright, just not all the time. I think Nick and JPEE are the only one's that fly at a field with other pilots - the rest of us are solo'ers. I am hoping that after we move I find an official flying field so I can find some other pilots to fly with and just hang out.

Kind of interesting about the V-bar on most of the heli's you saw - never really considered it but sounds like many are going that direction. Guess for now my flybar and I are in it for the long haul!

Mark
Old 05-03-2010, 09:00 AM
jroo

Hey all.

no maiden on the 450 yet. It's nots even done yet. I went out of town this weekend, so the last pic Iposted is the latest. I did however take my 250 with me on my trip. Iflew t twice in my sisters backyard. The yard is small and it was pretty windy, so Ijust mainly hovered around. I did however attempt my first piro. I did it twice, but it was horribly sloppy. My tracking is a bit off, it was windy, but I survived!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:25 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good things went good for you down in Florida.

I haven't even ordered the new board yet. I am still in the design process. It will probably be a couple more weeks. I am finally getting a hang of the new CAD software, so things are going quicker. I still have to double check my calculations for the new hardware I want to use. I also redesigned the ammeter to be simple and not have anything affect it. I loose some accuracy, but I am not designing it for accuracy. I just want a general idea of how much current is flowing and whether the glow plug is good or open.

The cool thing about the V-bar is it will trim the heli for you for hands off flight. It took too long for me to set up flybarless helis. However, they fly great when setup properly. I just like adjusting my cyclic pitch to get the right feel on my flybared helis.

Jreue,

I don't know if you are doing fast or slow piros, but something I learned is don't try to attempt doing a fast piro when learning to fly. It will just end with the heli in the ground sooner or later. It took me a couple of times to learn that. I then went with a slow piro and learned how correct it with cyclic.

Nick
Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Whew, what a weekend....just now catching up...so here's the latest from my side of the country...

I planned on going up to the new club initially on Sunday, but I figured I'd call my new pal (Justin is his name, so you'll probably see me mention him from here on out..) and see what he was up to. He just got done doing some tail work on his Logo 600, and went to put some blades on it, and found out he didn't have any main blades...so he gave his friend a call and got some Align main blades for it...called me back, and asked if I wanted to come out his way to the field he flies at...since he's not yet a member of MHA, my new club.

So, I figured why not?? I'd like to see other places as well as the new club, and he learned most all he knows at this field, so I figure I'd check it out...and, it'll give us some time to chat, and maybe get him to look over/fly my stuff and see what he thinks...

I get there, took a bit of searching, and it's a large field behind an elementary school...and it's just fantastic! It's much larger than I had imagined, much bigger than the field I fly at for sure, with two benefits....where you stand is elevated compared to the field that you are actually flying over, so it kinda gives you an advantage in that you can have the heli more at eye level and still be pretty far up in the air...pretty cool, actually....and....when the sun sets in the afternoon/evening, it's BEHIND you......the field faces east...

So I get the car parked, and it's a good trek up the hill to where ya fly from...and Justin is all setup...since he's flying electric, he's got a Honda 1000 watt gas generator set up, and a 12 volt power supply, with two chargers hooked to it...man, how cool is that?? When I get there, he's making some last minute adjustments on the Logo, for it's first flight after the repair.

His Logo 600 has a Scorpion motor (not sure which one, 10 turn maybe?) Kontronics 80 amp ESC, and two 4200 mAh batteries, not sure but think they are 5S....at any rate, the thing has gobs of power, and it flies just amazing...it's also got a Mikado V-bar setup on it as well...

Very impressive, excellent heli, and awesome pilot...

So after his first flight, he was so happy, since he had been having issues with the tail/belt, it was slipping and/or skipping, but not anymore, it was flying great!

We got to taking a look at my stuff, the 500 in particular, since I have always felt something was not right...he first had me power it up, and was checking everything on the head...and then...much to my embarassment...he said "it's a good thing we didn't fly this yet"....and I'm thinking..."uh oh"... and he saw something that I have overlooked for I don't know how long now....turns out the phasing pins were not in the grooves in the washout block...they were next to the slots, but not engaged like they should have been...I'm not sure how long it's been that way, pretty sure I didn't get that wrong when I assembled it originally...

ANYWAYS....we fixed that, he took a look and liked everything else setup wise, so he took it for a spin...trimmed it out, and flew it easy for a bit...easy for him that is....a few easy flips rolls, backwards tic tocs, inverted, etc....and he was loving it...so much, he was upset that it was making him want another 500 again...he's had 2 before...he says that they are one of his favorite helis...

So the day went, and same for the 450 we went over it, and he made some changes, mostly swash height, and throttle pitch adjustments, he flew it as well, and was really happy with it..

I flew the 500, and must say that is the best it's ever flown, and no more weird things happening on backflips anymore! I'm sure the pins being out of place really played havoc with the cyclic mixing, etc...and I can't believe I overlooked it for so long...sometimes a new/different set of eyes can spot things that one overlooks....he said he has had that happen before...I don't understand how it would...but it's fixed now...

He asked me to fly the Logo...and I declined...and then he bugged me to....lol...so I said I'd hover it...he had showed me earlier just what Nick was saying about the V-bar setup....he can take the heli out...hover it, get it level, and take his hand off of the radio on the cyclic, and then give it rudder, and it will stay perfectly level througout the slow piros...upright, or inverted, he showed me both...pretty amazing stuff!

I ended up finally hovering it...it's super stable, to say the least....next time, I'm going to take it for a little spin...[X(]

The day was not all great however....he had some bad luck this weekend, after his battery-pack-into- the-main-blades incident on Saturday....more bad luck, totally not his fault...

Right after I had gotten done hovering it (thank GOODNESS)...he went to fly, took off, hit idle up 2, went inverted right in front of us...and at about 30 feet up (thank goodness no higher) he lost all power....no control, no servos, nothing...and it came down..

Got lucky and it landed skids down...broke the skids, the frame, and one main blade (that he just put on)...then we tried to figure out what happened, when we got up to the heli, the RX light was on, servos worked, all seemed OK....his Kontronics has a LED for diagnosis....and it was blinking
8 times...but he didn't have the manual for it there...later on when I talked to him on the phone he said that code is for "internal ESC fault" and to send it in for repair....so I guess it just took a dump right then and there...and good thing, because earlier he was way up there doing some autos....would have been ugly to say the least...[X(]

Later on, we got online and did some sim work on Phoenix, and he helped me lot with some tips that have helped him....so I gotta keep working on that....

I'm still charging packs...lol... I flew every pack I took up there...

I flew the B400...he was amazed at it...said he'd never seen one fly like that....so I was quite proud of that!

Overall, easily the best weekend I've ever had flying...having someone of his caliber to lend a hand, and was even pointing out mistakes with my flying, sure goes along way towards enjoying the hobby more...

As we were walking back to the cars...he said "We're going to have you flying real good before long"... I have the feeling I'm going to be pushing myself here before long...lol...and it's about time!

Mark,

Some very tough decisions there, for sure...I like how you considered the impact on your flying time!

I wish you luck in whichever direction you go...

Nick,

Hope you can get some flying in this week....how's the weather looking?

Cool on the redesign ideas on the board...

jreue,

Glad you had fun on your trip, and got to have some stick time on the 250 at the same time...

Glenn

Old 05-03-2010, 10:42 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I told Glenn last night... but I was hovering my new 450 Pro in the back yard which has only had three packs put through her and got into the hedge line. I was SO FAST on the HOLD I think I hit the hold switch before I thought of it.

CLONES ARRRRG the damage was both blade grip ball links broke off inside the blade grip and of course the blades were done too. So today I snuck off the house reno at lunch and bought Align blade grips and was back in business. My f shaft was unharmed. I have in my inventory several sets of woodies and CF HK blades. So though on the CF black and yellows. They were balanced out of the wrapper! I spooled her up and saw some slight vibrations so the main shaft is off a tiny bit and I shall replace that tomorrow. I am so happy that the damage was not more severe. I hovered and "carefully" flew the back yard again today just to do it damn it and I pulled it off

Jreue, glad you had a nice time.

Nick, hang in there on the meter.

Mark.......you gave me a headach! Man I am tryng to figure paint colors, carpet, tile for the floors, we picked the laminate floors Sunday BUT ! ! ! to the stress your looking at my friend, I am on a cakewalk! My personal best to you and your family

JPEE
Old 05-04-2010, 11:16 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool you had a great time flying with Justin. I am suprised it wasn't hard to fly without the phasing pins in the washout block. On one of my helicopters I saw the washout block went low enough to come out with max pitch and cyclic pitch. Luckily it was on the bench when I saw it. That is too bad about his ESC. Those Kontronics are expensive.

It is supposed to rain every day I don't work.[&o] Maybe I can fly in the morning after my 3rd shifts.

JPEE,

Sorry about the 450.

Nick
Old 05-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Glenn,

Awesome news on finding a flying buddy - and one who has a Honda generator charging station at the field! I bet you guys were there for a good few hours. I see some interesting flying from you in the near future - video please!

That is weird about Justin having double electrical failures like that - a battery gut ejection and then an ESC shut down (and Kontronics surprisingly). Thanks for the heads up on the washout block, I'll have to double check that at the extremes mine isn't doing the same.

JPEE,

Sorry to hear about your 450 Pro, and in the backyard no doubt. [] Good thing you got it airworthy again and conquered that backyard gremlin. LOL

Nick,

How's 3rd shift treating you? Sorry to hear about the rain on your days off - hey, maybe the weather guy got it all mixed up and its supposed to be sunny and no wind!

Presently got most of the 'stuff' off the walls (pictures, brackets, screws, etc.) in all the rooms and went over all the holes with spackle - man all those little holes add up! For the two bedrooms I actually decided to just repaint rather than try touch-up here...and there...oh, there also...seems just about everywhere needs touch-up! And JPEE you think YOU have the headache, uh?!? Also called Stanley Steemer and found out their $99 special is for 2 rooms so that takes care of the living room and sunroom - which look the worse out of the whole house, the rest a good vacuuming will do. Slowly its all coming together. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Mark
Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 AM
jroo

All,
Slow going on the 450 build. Got all the electronics in and attached the main blades. First off, the blades didn't require any balancing at all. They both weighed exactly 20 grams and their COGwas the exact same for both. I attached the blades and checked pitch. Icame out with -8,0,10. I noticed that the swash was slightly off level at mid-stick and the linkage ball on the washout arms were not lined up with the radial arms.

Took he head off and adjusted the servo linkages to get the swash perfectly level at 0-50-100 collective.

I'm much more comfortable with it now. This has been one long build, but Iknow (from past experience) a well setup head makes all the difference in the world.

Tonight I will most likely finish. I just need to drop the head back on and check pitch.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:16 AM
jroo

I was looking at the Align manual and their recommended settings for pitch/throttle curves for general flight is...

Throttle: 0,40,60,85,100
Pitch: 0, +4+5 , +9+11

0 pitch at low throttle??

I suppose this is a misprint right? Every other document/video I've seen states you need a little negative pitch at 0 stick.... Typical configuration as I've always setup is like

-3-5, 0, +9+11

Am I missing something?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:42 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

I don't start the 3rd shift until Friday. Then I only have to do it for a couple of days and then I go back to 2nd shift.

Today isn't too bad for flying. A guy from my club wants me to help him setup a flybarless 450 pro. I am just waiting to hear what day he wants to meet.

Jreue,

There is nothing wrong with what Align stated. The closer you get to zero throttle in normal mode the less the pitch will affect the altitude.

Nick
Old 05-05-2010, 08:46 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, I broke out the Raptor box yesterday, and started checking it out, now that I finally have a place that I can fly it....

Started thinking about what happened to it, when it self destructed last year, and figured I'd start at the source of the issue, the rotor head. I got a ton of extra parts with this thing, so I started rummaging through them, and realized that I have enough parts to build a brand new V1 head.

So, I did...and when I got done, it's the same old story, slop both axially, and radially in the grips...just too much slop and play, even though everything is brand new!

Now I see why the V1 Raptors had so many issues with the blade flutter, and what not..so I did some digging on the net, and found a list of stuff that it takes to convert it to a V2, basically everything in the head...lol...made a rough price list for that, and all the stuff that was destroyed, missing or marginal and came up with about $150, not including a cheap pair of CF main blades...so let's just say it was about $200....

I had to think about it for a while, and then figured I already have everything else, so why not? So today I called Heliproz, and talked to one of their reps (I think all of them fly), and told him what I had planned. He asked me what heli I had, and then promptly advised me that it would be better in the long run to just buy a new Raptor SE rather than upgrade this heli to a V2/SE/V3,Titan or whatever the latest is (Raptors are very difficult to figure out if you didn't grow up with them...V1, V2, Titan, Titan SE, 50SE, etc, etc, etc...).

Anyways, we got to talking about the whole Raptor thing, and the woof n poof issue...and he said that even with the V2 head, there was no insurance that it would not happen again, and I have gathered that from doing alot of research on it...many variables come into play, head looseness, dampeners, head speed, collective servo strength, wear on the collective lever and links, main blades themselves, ETC ETC...

He said he just got out of the Raptors alltogether and never looked back...and showed me what seems to be the best deal out there for a .50 size nitro at the present time, the Hirobo SDX...

And I would have to agree, after reading the review online and in RC heli mag from April of '09...they loved it..and at this price, it would be hard to beat....roughly $200 more than I was going to spend on the Raptor...

http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=403955

So that's got me rethinking the whole thing....no time soon though, I don't think...I will sell off the Raptor stuff, and save the engine, and electronics. The electronics are old, but still pretty good, they would be good enough to get it in the air, and play a bit, until I could get more modern stuff....so we'll see....but I would be about 99.9% sure of being rid of the woof n poof forever....and THAT is what I want...I NEVER want to see a heli do that again!!

jreue,

I see no issue with Align's recommendation, as Nick said....but for the beginner, I do agree with a bit of (2-3 degrees) negative pitch at zero....for helping to bring the heli down in the wind a bit...and they can get hung up in the breeze, I can tell you that first hand! I think maybe they are thinking that with no neg pitch, the inexperienced pilot will not do as much damage when he chops the throttle when in trouble, and slams the heli into the ground with the neg pitch....it's up to you, I would not hesitate to put a couple or 3 degrees in it...I used to...

Nick,

Cool on the setup on the flybarless 450 Pro....I'd be interested to hear how that turns out for sure...

Hope the 3rd shift isn't too bad on Friday.

Thanks for sharing the phasing pin experience, maybe that's what happened here, not sure. Justin said it has happened to him as well...

Mark,

Thanks! Sounds like you got your work cut out for ya...hope you're almost done...

Yes, the flying session on Sunday was on the long side, I got there about 2:30, and we packed up at 7:30..[X(]...then another hour or so of midnight sim practice online with Justin on Phoenix....it was a long day!

I got shut out again at my local ball fields. I went up to check my local club (5 miles away vs. 25 for the heli club) and is hasn't changed a bit...guys flying planes non-stop..

I am thinking about joining anyways, there is a bit more room there than I thought in the separate heli area, although some of it is over some woods...heck, that'll help teach me to fly higher!

It's another $100...but it'll pay for itself in driving around looking, and getting frustrated...and it would be really cool for if/when I get the nitro, for setup, hovering, engine tuning, etc...

So let's see.....$58 for AMA, $75 for heli club, $100 for plane club.... $233..[X(]

You gotta pay to play...isn't that the saying?

Glenn

Old 05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is a pretty good price for a Hirobo. All the ones I have seen are near the $1000 mark. I wonder when Heliproz changed their website layout? I see they have an Avant Aurora in stock. It has been out of stock every where, since I last checked last year. I was extremely tempted to buy one when I was searching for a Nitro heli last year. I could say good by tuition. Then I can't imagine the cost for fuel for a 90 sized heli. However, I am sure it would be like going from a 450 to a 50 sized when compared to a 50 sized.

I heard back from the guy and it has an Align flybarless system, so I will have to research that some. We are both busy until next weekend, so I don't know when I will be able to help him out.

I had to build a Voltmeter for school today and I noticed that the higher the input Voltage is, the greater the distance from the actual Voltage is. I never tested my Voltmeters with large Voltages before, so I never saw this happen before. I tracked the problem down to the programming and it was because I didn't include the decimals in the formula because my controllers can't work with decimals. I found a way around that and now it is pretty accurate with large Voltages. I applied this to my power panel and now it is pretty accurate as well.

Nick
Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 PM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

I have a few tid-bits to share tonight.

Jreue, I fly most of my helis at 12 neg and 12 pos. I know Nick and I had this converstation recently and he flies with 10 eachside of 0. Today I built a 450 Align v2 "clone" I "think" for a guy and it came up with 10 on eachside of mid stick 0. He is a noob so thats all he needs. Yes he has slammed the heli in a few times but I have gotten him to learn that once he pulls back to mid stick the heli will stop whatever it's doing he doesnt like. There is not need to freak and slam the throttle closed. And as Glenn said here's why you need the negitive pitch. Just yesterday I was flying in the wind. Its not a problem for me anymore but! a guy has to be careful landing in the wind. About 9 months ago I was flying my 600 in some gusty wind and as I came in to land I knocked her done from idle-up to normal. Big mistake....................I was about 3 feet off the ground and without the head speed and enough negative pitch the gust grabbed it and rolled it over sideways right at me. Before I could react I saw the head button facing me and the 600 blades start to plow up the dirt. I had enough time to turn my face away and take a half step away and during that time flip the hold button. I did a lot of damage to the heli but more important I thought it was going to eat me up ! ! ! Now back to my flights yesterday, the wind was blowing with gusts. I took off my 450 and 500 in normal but when I landed I landed in idle-up then at mid stick I hit hold and then slowly close the throttle to pitch the downward to hold the heli in the wind.

Good luck Glenn on stepping up to a newer nitro should you take the path. Thank goodness that guy was honest with you and got on a good path to consider and follow.

Mr. Nick, sorry your meter was running away a bit, but it sounds lik you are closing in the problem.

Mark..........................what can I say............... your the man!

JPEE
Old 05-06-2010, 10:00 AM
jroo

Worked on the 450 last night again and I'm just about done. My swash is now level and the washout arms/radials are now in line at center stick. I then checked pitch again and I'm at

Throttle: 0 * 50 * 100
Pitch: -12 * -2 * +8

Everything on the head is level as we can see in the attached pictures, so I believe all I need to do is adjust the linkage rods to the mixing arms.

Name:	Vt57518.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1431652  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:02 AM
jroo

Oh, here are my electronic wiring pics.

As you can see, all wires are inside the frame. I used zip ties through the frame holes to ensure they would not interfere with the main shaft and servo arms. I like it; what do y'all think?

Name:	If10493.jpg
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	1431653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13110.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1431654  
Old 05-06-2010, 05:51 PM
evdreamer

Jreue,

It looks good.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.