Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 07:23 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Guys,

I ordered new parts for my engine and also some goodies for a new project.

I met up with the guys who had the flybarless 450 today. It was lightly raining, but I setup his tail and his pitch. The Align flybarless system was pretty good. I didn't do any 3D with it because it wasn't setup for that, so I don't know how it would perform doing that. The guy with the flybarless heli is going to join the club and they know people at work that might also join too. The more heli pilots in the club the better.

With Glenn talking about Justin's flybarless helis and flying another flybarless heli today got me thinking about going flybarless again. So I ordered a mini V-bar along with a 50 flybarless head. I don't know what heli I am going to put it on, but it will probably be the 600. It could benefit from it the most.

Nick
Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Mark, sorry I did not get back to my post. What I was going to say is; your hobby room is beautiful! The wall colors you have are near what we just painted our house, me likie!

Nick, man oh man! your engine really bit the wennie there mister. I am really sorry about that. I read where you said the pitston had some scratchs down the sides but the top looked a bit iffy by it edges too. Sorry about the major cost there but I think your 100% right by getting a new piston. Save a buck now and pay 3 times cost with another engine failure and crash later........no thanks say's I. I hope the shift changes aren't killing ya there going from shift to shift.
Me likie the BBQ too! I did home made cheese burgers tonight on the grill.

Glenn,
I think we covered everything last night. Good luck with the build and just wait for parts deals and take your time. Thank goodness you have Nick for a seasoned go-to man with your questions. LOL, even though you can fly, going nitro kinda makes ya a noob lol. This is a whole new game son.

Me, I hope to fly next weekend. I worked on the house both Saturday and Sunday and am caught up pretty good now.

JPEE
Old 05-16-2010, 08:42 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Cool that you can get the piston separate...I think that is possible because it is a ringed engine... back in the RC car days, we had smaller engines called ABC engines, that the piston and sleeve always came as a set...because they are a matched set.

Sounds good that the inner race still fits well on the crank...you should be OK...

I won a brand new JR servo on eBay like the ones I have, so I'll have at least one spare for parts...so I'm going to go with them, I ran it by Rob, and he says go for it...I am going to try those servo wheels, I think they will fit, and like you said, they are cheap enough to try out...

That reminds me, Justin just today said he had a JR servo wheel, and I forgot to get it from him....

Sounds COOL on the Mini V-bar...is that the smaller, one unit Mikado, or did you go with the Align 3G? I was watching Justin help a friend today with his Mikado V-bar, he had his laptop there, with the Mikado programming application. They were doing something called "Auto tune" where you basically hover the heli and do some small manuvers, and the FBL unit "learns" from it...and tells you the progress....very cool stuff!

I will look forward to seeing how you like it...these guys ALL run them, and love them...

Cool on the RX stuff....the Raptor had a very primitive setup, basically a 4.8v NiCd, with a switch between the battery and the RX....I was thinking about starting with that...what do you think? The battery seems to be in good shape. Pretty heavy, but who cares at this stage?

Just got back from flying, we went to "Justin's field"...lol...had 4 of us there...had a great time. Justin got his Trex 600n flying again, the one where the RX pack came out.

He is much, much more comfortable with that nitro heli than he is so far with the 700e...I have never seen him fly like that...OMG...doing some hard 3D a few inches from the ground, it was very impressive...he's a bit gun shy to go that low with the 700e, and who can blame him?

And nothing bad happened today! He had a great day. I had alot of fun, flew all 3 helis, B400, 450 Pro, 500...it was great weather, and everyone had fun...kinda makes me wonder why I joined MHA now...lol...

Hope everyone else had fun today...

Glenn

Old 05-16-2010, 10:07 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

It is hard for a couple of days after going from 3rd to 2nd shift, but it isn't too bad.

Glenn,

That is cool you have a spare servo now.

Yeah, I got the mini V-bar and you are correct it is the smallest one. I like I can pull the receiver and gyro out now. It seems like Readyheli is the only US distributor of the V-bars. They were out, so I had to order from over seas. I wanted the V-bar over the Align one because I can program it through a computer. I am surprised at how many online stores sell the Align 3G after being recently released.

Your NiCd receiver battery should be fine.

That is cool you guys had fun flying without any incidents.

Nick

Old 05-16-2010, 10:22 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Yeah, Ready Heli seems to be the sole US distributor, and the reason they are out is the Mikado "loyalty program" which I was going to get Justin to get mine, had I gone that route...so they are selling out as fast as they get them in.

The mini should be fine. Justin has had both, the mini and the regular version. He said they both work approximately the same, just the larger one has more mounting options if you need to remote mount the gyro unit, and as he pointed out, you can replace one unit or the other if something goes bad, or a crash vs. the one piece unit. Doesn't seem like a big deal, really.

I got lucky on that servo, now I feel better going with those, in case I need parts. One of the cyclics is missing one tab, so I may use that new one and keep the broken case one for spare gears and what not. Now I just need to get those servo wheels coming, so I can see how that will work out. And I need new servo grommets, eyelets, and screws, I found a place online that sells them as well... The servo was $35, so that was a good deal at the right time.

I think you'll love the V-bar...and of course if you ever need to know anything about it, I'd be glad to get in touch with Justin, he's always glad to help out.

I have heard that most people like the V-bar over the Align, one reason is as you mentioned, the PC setup.

I think that NiCd will do the trick, it worked well on the Raptor, I didn't really have any electrical issues with the Raptor at all...

Yeah, it's always good to come away with no crashed helis...and I was relieved, because of all the 3 times Justin had bad luck, I was there...we were always joking about me being bad luck...lol...so at least that is off my back now...

I can't wait! I think the SDX will be here mid-week. Rob is actually very interested as well, he loves Hirobo helis.

Glenn
Old 05-16-2010, 11:02 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I will be interested to see the build pics of the Hirobo.

I got the outer race of the rear bearing out of my engine. In the process I set the smoke alarm off.

Nick
Old 05-16-2010, 11:26 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I'll be sure and post all the build, as usual...

LOL, I'll bet mom wasn't too happy with a YS engine crankcase in the oven???[X(]

I just ordered the servo wheels. Rob said he thought it was the larger ones, so I got both sizes, they are dirt cheap...

I also ordered all that little impossible to find hardware, like the grommets, brass eyelets, and screws from a place called appropriately, Servo City....

Glenn
Old 05-16-2010, 11:33 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I won't be able to save this tail servo....so I'm going to get a new one. I want to get something decent...I was thinking Futaba 9254...but I am not up on the latest stuff...I don't need any ultra fast JR's or anything.

I still may end up gettting cyclics before all is said and done. I asked Justin what he thought of Align servos, and he's had no issues. I know there were some issues with the DS 410's in 450 Pros....but I never had any.

I see Helidirect has some nice Align 3 cyclic servo sets...but looks like they are out of stock now.

Just kinda thinking ahead...in case I have a killer week at work or something...

Glenn
Old 05-17-2010, 12:51 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I didn't use the oven. I used a hot air gun and a temp sensor to get the outer race out.

I have heard of servo city, but I don't remember if I checked them out before or not.

Nick
Old 05-17-2010, 11:04 AM
jroo

Started tearing down the 250 last night to see the damage. My original once-over finds were still good. Looks that I just need to replace the

1) Landing gear
2) pitch linkage rod (it's somewhere in my front lawn)
3) pinion...

On Friday, I put in an order to HeliDirect

1) 250 swash leveler
2) 450 swash leveler. My current one works on my B400, but the arms are a little short for the Align 450.
3) 450 Ball Link pliers.

This is my 3rd attempt at getting ball link pliers for the 450. The first set was way to big for the ball link diameter. The second sets as way too thick, it would end up scratching my blue anodized swash. I opted for the HeliMax tweezer style.

[link=http://www.helidirect.com/ball-link-removal-tool-p-2211.hdx]http://www.helidirect.com/ball-link-removal-tool-p-2211.hdx[/link]

Finless recommended them, so I'll take his word.

Tomorrow I am going to hit up my local hobby shop for the 250 parts

1) The 250 PRO version of the landing struts
It has a higher stance and is built much more robust.
2) A new pinion
I attempted to glue the pinion back to the motor, but there was a thin layer of old loctite already in the pinon. It went too far on the shaft, and any attempt to move it back up was a serious pain. I ended up having to use pliers wrapped in a cloth. I attempted to remove the pinion without damage, but it has a few nicks on the teeth. I bet you could still use it, but I'm not going to attempt trying for $6 with the possibility of tearing up my main gear.
3) New set of linkage rods and ball links. Like I said, once flew off in my yard somewhere...
4) Extras, such as flybar, tailboom, spindles, main shafts, etc are always good to have handy

Old 05-17-2010, 03:33 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys

how are all you doing?

checking in to see how everyone is

Just got my wisdom teeth surgically removed friday and my face is killing me lol

but I did promise pictures of my t-rex 250 along time ago

well here it is flying yesterday love it

* O yes I did replace the stock motor with a scorpion and it is amazing*
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50044.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1437985  
Old 05-17-2010, 03:38 PM
jroo

nice pic! yea I love my 250 as well. Getting parts tomorrow considering my recent run-in with the ground.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:46 PM
HeliStyle

lol I hear ya on that, I just had one about a week ago.

was doing a loop and lost visual of it and dumped it into the ground
Old 05-17-2010, 05:21 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not alot going on here, kinda rainy. Just counting the hours until the UPS man brings my package...lol...

Heli,

HEY! Sorry to hear you are an agony over your dental work...that's gotta ruin your whole weekend! But, if you took that pic yesterday, at least you felt good enough to get out and fly...good for you!

Nice pic of the 250....looks like you are enjoying it alot.

How have things been, work, school and stuff?

I sold a bunch of smaller helis, finally going for a larger nitro heli, got rid of that Raptor that self destructed, and got new nitro, going to use alot of the stuff from the Raptor on the new one.

Finally joined an all-heli club, and met some great people, and now have a field that is big enough to fly a .50 size heli.

Hope all is well with ya, and keep in touch!

jreue,

Those ball link removers look like they would work well on the smaller helis...I have all but given up on my ball link pliers on smaller helis. Let us know how they work out for you.

Sounds like a good list of spare parts...and some upgrades too.

Good luck on the rebuild, hopefully it will fly better than ever (that actually happens!).

Nick,

Glad you didn't mess up the oven. I saw the pics in RC Heli and was thinking of you doing it that way...I'll bet more than one wife/mom has gotten upset over that idea before!

Servo City is pretty cool for those hard to find servo accessories. It seems that they cater to the robot community, since the Paypal payment page mentioned Robotics, Inc.

I'm not sure if the Futaba grommets will fit exactly, but they look like they should be close.

JPEE,

Yup, the nitro will be a learning experience for sure. I was just getting comfortable with the Raptor as far as setup, tuning and starting the engine etc...so hopefully I can pick up where I left off.

Mark,

Hope all is going well....don't sweat not being here...we'll all still be here when ya get back...you gotta be a busy man right about now!

Glenn
Old 05-17-2010, 07:18 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: jreue

Started tearing down the 250 last night to see the damage. My original once-over finds were still good. Looks that I just need to replace the

1) Landing gear
2) pitch linkage rod (it's somewhere in my front lawn)
3) pinion...

On Friday, I put in an order to HeliDirect

1) 250 swash leveler
2) 450 swash leveler. My current one works on my B400, but the arms are a little short for the Align 450.
3) 450 Ball Link pliers.

This is my 3rd attempt at getting ball link pliers for the 450. The first set was way to big for the ball link diameter. The second sets as way too thick, it would end up scratching my blue anodized swash. I opted for the HeliMax tweezer style.

[link=http://www.helidirect.com/ball-link-removal-tool-p-2211.hdx]http://www.helidirect.com/ball-link-removal-tool-p-2211.hdx[/link]

Finless recommended them, so I'll take his word.

Tomorrow I am going to hit up my local hobby shop for the 250 parts

1) The 250 PRO version of the landing struts
It has a higher stance and is built much more robust.
2) A new pinion
I attempted to glue the pinion back to the motor, but there was a thin layer of old loctite already in the pinon. It went too far on the shaft, and any attempt to move it back up was a serious pain. I ended up having to use pliers wrapped in a cloth. I attempted to remove the pinion without damage, but it has a few nicks on the teeth. I bet you could still use it, but I'm not going to attempt trying for $6 with the possibility of tearing up my main gear.
3) New set of linkage rods and ball links. Like I said, once flew off in my yard somewhere...
4) Extras, such as flybar, tailboom, spindles, main shafts, etc are always good to have handy

Jreue, I have both types. The bulky pliers type and the TWEEZERS. I love them..............they work great! You won't be sorry you spent the $5.95

Nick, don't let this oven thing get blown oput of proportion. If you used your Dad's toothbrush to clean out the carbon deposits, that "might be" something to worry about.

JPEE
Old 05-17-2010, 08:16 PM
HeliStyle

Glenn school is going good, taking my time and really having a hard time balancing school and work though. Working werid hours 2:45am - 2:30 pm :/

Also the traveling is not so fun over 1 hour to work one way. Me and my wife did end up getting a new car, got a brand new Honda civic Lx, it is very nice

Glenn you selling your gaui or quark by any chance ? I might be interested in them
Old 05-17-2010, 08:39 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Glad to hear that you are able to balance school and work OK, esp with those odd hours...

I guess you are still traveling alot for work...so the new car was almost a necessity for that daily trip...

Cool on the new Civic...hard to go wrong with that car...sounds nice!

I am down to one CPP2, which is going soon, and the Quark, Gaui, and the XRB.

The CPP2 is deff going...sooner the better. I am having a hard time thinking about parting with the Gaui, and will probably never give up the Quark...my new heli is a Hirobo, part of what sold me on it was how the Quark is built and attention to details...super high quality.

Let me think on the Gaui some...I have a TON of extra parts for it, an entire shoebox full...and about 4 really decent batteries...

I was playing around with the Gaui in the shop a while back, and cranked up the headspeed, and it flew better than it ever has. I have not had it out to fly it yet....

Glenn
Old 05-18-2010, 03:02 PM
jroo

Got all my 250 parts today

spindles
main shaft
flybar
screw set
ball links
linkage rods
16 tooth pinion

also picked up

MIP Thorp .05" hex driver
MIP Thorp 1.5mm hex driver

Old 05-18-2010, 03:28 PM
jroo

Has anyone ordered anything from myatomic.com? They have free shipping on orders over $25.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:00 PM
rotarydoc

jreue,

Cool on the new stuff....

Those Thorp hex drivers are the best in the business, bar none...

They aren't cheap, but they'll get a tight screw out when others will just round it out....[X(]

Glenn
Old 05-18-2010, 08:41 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not too much new here, I called Hobby Hut, since I haven't seen any updates on my SDX yet...talked to the guy there, real cool guy, said he was waiting for the new version to send me....apparently it comes with a really nice custom painted canopy, which sounds pretty cool for no extra charge!

Since he's in PA, he asked if I was going to be at my heli clubs Fun Fly in early June. I will be there of course, same one I went to last year...and he said instead of shipping it now, he'll just bring it there, and give it to me there at his vendor stand...pretty cool!

I got to thinking about these servos and stuff... Once I ordered the rudder servo....started thinking how dumb it is to setup the entire heli with 8-10 year old cyclic servos, a NiCd RX pack, and some crude on-off switch...better to do it all now, during the build...

So...I ended up with this stuff coming...

http://www.helidirect.com/align-ds61...00-p-18428.hdx

http://www.readyheli.com/FUTM0521-Fu...o_p_32789.html

http://www.readyheli.com/K10381A-51V...r_p_34642.html

http://www.readyheli.com/HE50H10-B6T...n_p_33468.html

http://www.readyheli.com/THP26002SPL...k_p_36809.html

The rudder servo may be a bit overkill....but I plan on keeping this heli for a good long while...hopefully the BL motor will be very durable (esp for the price!)...

So the SDX is supposed to be here tomorrow...I can't wait!

Now, I gotta get rid of these old servos....guess I'll list them and the new in box one I am getting back on eBay...

Nick, don't feel bad, your wallet is not the only one a bit thin around here lately!

Glenn
Old 05-18-2010, 09:05 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I just realized I made a boo-boo....turns out when I was looking at Helidirect's description of the BL servo, they mention that it will NOT work with a Futaba GY401...the Readyheli description didn't mention that little detail...lol..

I'm not spending $300 more on a GY611.....so it's going back. I guess I'll get a Futaba 9254 instead...

Oh well....I guess I should have done more research...[&o]

Lesson learned.

Glenn
Old 05-18-2010, 11:05 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

I know how you feel. I got all 4 widsom teeth pulled at the same time. It took me about a week to recover.

Glenn,

Do you know what the new Version of the SDX has over the older version?

Those cyclic servos have a lot of torque.

The Spartan gyro is a little cheaper than the GY611.

I would recommend you check out Helifreak on all the posts on the Align 2in1. There is a known issue with fuel messing up the switch, if I remember right. There is a fix to it somewhere on Helifreak.

Have fun with the SDX build tomorrow.

Yeah, I was only planning on buying a little $3 pushrod for the Velocity and it is funny how quick the cart gets filled up. I was thinking I could almost buy another heli. I like the new Mikado 600. They are stating it has flights times as long or longer than a Nitro.

Nick
Old 05-18-2010, 11:28 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I wish I did know what else, if anything is new on the SDX....all he mentioned was the custom canopy...which to me is no biggie, it's nice...but hopefully they made some other improvments to the heli itself. I'll have to research that a bit....

One thing that the RC Heli review pointed out was that although the head is very adjustable from mild to wild, Hirobo doesn't include any instructions on what holes, settings, etc to use for different effects. I mentioned that to Rob, and he says to look at the Avant Aurora manual online, it should be very similar...he's supposed to get back with me on the details.

I went with the DS 610's after reading online about them, most guys had good luck, and Justin has had 3 crashes with those servos, and his are still going strong. I also went with them because that is what they used in the test in RC Heli magazine...and they really liked the SDX.

I'll look into the Spartan...didn't you have or still have one? How did you like it?

Thanks for the heads up on the Align 2 in 1....in fact, Justin's friend, Ben with his 600n was having switch issues with his just this past Sunday...if he played with the switch, the electronics would malfunction, and switch on and off....he flew anyways...[X(]

I am looking forward to the build...should be alot of fun...my first big heli build!

Is that Mikado real new? I was wondering if it's the one Justin has, he's got the Logo 600, but not sure how new it is. I can't remember how long his flights were, but it is an impressive flying helicopter, and another guy at MHA flies them also. I think he has 2 or 3... he swears by the reliablity and parts durability over Align stuff. Those helis are made in Germany, and the Germans are known for great engineering and high quality (when they try). Seem like good helis to me...

Let me check into the Spartan and the 2 in 1 issue...thanks again...

Glenn
Old 05-18-2010, 11:50 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

On my Velocity head all the outer holes are for fast cyclic and the inner holes are for mild cyclic.

Yeah, I have a Spartan on my 450. I like the way it holds. My version is a little hard to get into the programming mode, but the new versions fixed that and I think they also updated some other things. It is cool you can program a lot more with it through the computer with the optional cable and the firmware can be updated as well.

I would ground my helis if the electronics were malfunctioning like that.

I haven't kept up with all the new helis, but I think the Mikado 600 SE is pretty new. If I remember right they are claiming 10-15min flight times.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.