Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:49 AM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn ~

IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried the Cp-Pro with the G90 and its there and imported great...! I tried it for just a minute, before coming back here to tell you, and oh my.......It flies exactly like the CPP, cause I can't fly it LMAO...!! Sooooo awesome... Thanks a million... Its almost 11:00 P.M. here Pacific time, and I have to get up for work every morning at 4:00 A.M. ! Soooo it might be a long night... I sure wish everyone could have the G4, and if there was ANYWAY for a guy to just save the money for it, I would do it.... It may save you money in less crashes anyway from just going and getting it anyway... Heli, are you listening ?! Nick this doesn't apply to you as your the king already...Lol..

Funny thing, is I almost took out the CPP tonight for a hover... But since the Trex is done for just a bit, I decided I better not, until I get things wrapped up with it as I don't like to have a bunch of downed-aircraft... This will be so helpful now ! I'll have to tell my dad, as I bought him the G4 for his birthday a few months ago...

Thanks again !

~ Jeff
Old 09-12-2008, 05:22 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

lol I would rather just crash my heli and repair it, if that makes sesne. I like repairing it, I really haven't crashed it in awhile I'm still on my flat bottom blades which I bought about 1 month ago, which could because I haven't flown it in about 2 weeks lol
Old 09-12-2008, 05:24 AM
HeliStyle

tonight im going to put the orignal cp grips on tonight and do some hovering in the kitchen, thats when Im done with my junk car
Old 09-12-2008, 07:55 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I have to leave for work in 5 minutes, but I just downloaded for fun the team Losi stadium truck for the G4, and it also worked...! Now I see what ya mean about looking at the 'required' area in the description... Its funny to be ripping around with the truck on the flight-line....Lol.. Boring.... But hilarious !

This is so great ! I've been actaully trying to figure out a few weeks ago, how to record our flights with the G4, so I can upload them to 'You-Tube' if I ever wanted to show someone what G4 looks like....I know how to record, and playback, but trying to convert for the rest of the programs on the computer to recognize.... I may have a new mission..... The one thing that is nice with a sim, is if its raining, you can still fly to practice... Or to practice new maneuvers, or to customize the craft to see how it acts with different components or conditions instead of wondering, and for traveling also, like airports, or any other boring place as I use my laptop for the program and it serves it well...

Take care guys !

~ Jeff
Old 09-12-2008, 09:57 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I thought that scale was pretty cool for the price. It looks like it should cost more.

The way you and Glenn are talking about G4 makes me wish I got that instead of FSOne. I think there are only a couple of extension packs for FSOne, so I don't have as many choices on helicopters or places to fly like you guys do.

Nick
Old 09-12-2008, 03:55 PM
evdreamer

I just downloaded a new update to my simulator. It has John Adams instucting how to do 3D tricks with the stick inputs on the bottom of the screen. Man he makes it look so easy.

Nick
Old 09-12-2008, 05:24 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

How is the car coming along? Let me know how you are doing...

Hope you have some time left over to do the grips on the CPP tonight, and see how it does.

That is the one mod I didn't try when I was in my CPP taming stages...hope it works out well for you.

Glenn
Old 09-12-2008, 05:35 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Cool! Sounds like you got it to work for you, that is awesome. It's a bit tricky at times, but I have about 10 new and very neat helis now to play with...and I'm only at page 30 of 223!

I could not agree more, the G4 was and still is the best investment I ever made in this hobby. For example, when I wanted to learn backwards flight, like Nick is doing, I put my mind to it, and just kept on it on the G4 until I got the hang of it....and it took me probably 6 hours, give or take. Now, figure out how many flights that is at 10 minutes for each flight....I figure about 36 flights....or 6 trips to the flying field, and that is NOT EVEN figuring in how many crashes I would have had. Now, I'm not really confident on the real thing yet, but I can do the stick movements in my mind...so it will certainly be easier when I do get around to trying it in real life!

Wow, you must have a kick butt laptop to run G4...or at least run it smoothly. I thought my laptop was pretty decent (Intel core 2 duo, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista, etc), but G4 really bogs it down, and it runs very poorly on it. I got it made at home, no issues there, my desktop easily exceeds even the recommended hardware, and it runs like a top on it...it's just about like being at the field! It takes alot of PC horsepower to run G4 at it's full potential!!

Yeah, I think I have that same CP Pro, it flies alot like my real one does with the GWS motor, as in, the tail stays pretty well behaved, like mine does now. It doesn't fly like a stock CPP, that's for sure. But it seems to have about as much power as mine does, and responds similarly.

I saw the Losi car/truck...and was wondering if you could actually use them... I guess so!! LOL...I'll have to download one for fun tonight!

Take care,

Glenn
Old 09-12-2008, 05:41 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I thought that scale was pretty cool for the price. It looks like it should cost more.

The way you and Glenn are talking about G4 makes me wish I got that instead of FSOne. I think there are only a couple of extension packs for FSOne, so I don't have as many choices on helicopters or places to fly like you guys do.

Nick
Nick ~

Which is exactly what I was thinking today at work.... I'am trying to figure out a way that I can send you or Heli the G4 Cd's, so that you can download the program... You need the serial number on the box....Which I have...You need the serial number on the Tx...Which I have... So then your gonna be without a TX however... But you will have the program. I'am guessing...The one nice thing about the G4 is you can also use like your DX-7, or a few other Tx's out there, but you need the adapter cord. I have the cord, but need it for running my DX-7 with it. If it could work, where a guy buys the adapter cord, and then just uses his TX, of whichever ones work ( I know the DX-7 works) then you would be able to have the program, with both the serial numbers, and then just use your own TX... You would have to ship the Cd's back asap however, as I'll be going back to Washington in a month or so...

Glenn....Would this work ? Or would having the serial numbers on two different computers in two different states make it so it wouldn't...? Computers are my weakness, so I'am not sure....But I would do this, but only for you guys... As I trust your characters, from just snooping on here a long time ago...Even before I had posted my first post on here.

If anyone knows, we need to find out.... But for now, I got some downloading to do ! Many heli's to add to the G4 thanks to Glenn !...Lol.. I only have the expansion pack one (which also has a serial number) and it sucks because they give you like say 11 or 13 planes, and then only a couple heli's ! I WANT HELI'S..... The planes are cool, but my passion is the helicopters and always will be. Now thanks to Glenn, I'll have a buttload of them ! I did give my dad the expansion pack 1 to copy to his G4, and it worked.... He just downloaded the cd, typed in the serial number, and no red flags, or anything... So we both have it, and only paid once....Hmmmm.... What do you think Glenn ?

~ Jeff
Old 09-12-2008, 05:43 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I LIKE the scale...I wish I had held out for that one...mainly because it does tenths of a gram...mine only reads in full grams. So, yours is much better for measuring parts and what not.

The only drawback I see is it's 500 gram limit...that's a bit low to measure, say, a B400 fully loaded...but I'd rather have the more accurate one and lower limit. Nice scale though, and a nice price. Might have to pick one up next order from Helidirect.

Yeah, I wish you had G4 too, that way we could compare helicopters, do reviews, etc.

And if Heli got it, he could fly his Walkera on it too...LOL.

You know, you can get a group together on G4 and all fly at once online...have heard the guys on HF talking about it...

How cool would that be, you and Jeff with the T-Rexes...me with the B400, and Heli with his CPP...or, we could all bring our CPP's and have dogfights...LOL!!!

No flying for me tonight....raining. I might go up to my closing LHS again, and poke around.

And, I have to work tomorrow.....sigh...

Glenn
Old 09-12-2008, 06:47 PM
HeliStyle

haven't had time to put the grips on and prob won't get the time tonight which sucks, I went down to my uncles shop today to look at the car, I actually resoldered all the relay spots that it said to do since they said they could crack, and actually it started fine. We tried the thing you told me to do, and there was plenty of spark lol The car seems to be fine now, I think I might just buy a new relay. I was actually thinking about picking up another beater car, its a 1999 ford contour with 132,000 on it for 1800 for wifes friend is moving to england and needs to get rid of it, just had the timing belt replaced. I'm not a huge fan of fords but do you think thats an alright price and what do you think of the ford contours do you get alot of life out of them?
Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds good on the Civic, I hope it stays fixed for you...Hondas are generally really good, reliable cars, but any car with 180K on it is liable to give you some trouble. Even Hondas break down every so often!

As for the Ford, like you, I am not a big Ford fan at all. But, whether it's worth the money really depends on it's condition, maintenance, appearance, and whether you like it and/or need it....is it going to be a replacement for the Civic, or an addition to the Civic? I mean, if I had a choice, I'd stick with the Civic any day...hands down. Also, is there a Safety Inspection in CT that the car has to go through when it's sold/purchased? If so, will it pass inspection without major repairs? Lot's of things to consider and think about!

Well, yeah, there will be plenty of spark when it's starting OK...you want to check it when it's NOT starting...

The new relay is probably not a bad idea anyways, that way you wouldn't have to worry about it being the problem...$67 isn't much in the car repair world these days...LOL

Good luck with it....be glad you are not in Texas....Ike looks like it's pretty bad down there where Evan T is from....

Glenn
Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff.

First of all, let's not forget that JPEE is the one that gave me the info on the downloads, so he deserves the credit! (but I'll take the credit for relaying the info....LOL!!) Many thanks, JPEE!!

Jeff, nice idea, but it won't work...Knife edge has us by the b***s....you need the Interlink controller itself, even if you have it's serial number and the software serial number. Ditto for the idea of using your own TX...it also has to go through the Interlink to work, it' won't work otherwise...nice try though!!

But yeah, what you did by updating dad's G4 WILL work, I don't think there is a limit on how many PC's you can load G4 or it's expansion packs...for example, I have it on this desktop, my laptop, and my PC at work all from the same program CD's....but I need the Interlink when/wherever I want to use it.

Have you never forgotten to hook up the Interlink and fired up G4? It knows RIGHT AWAY that there is no Interlink attached...and politely reminds you of such...LOL!!

I wish there were a way to share G4 with Nick and Heli...but I'm afraid not...on that subject, I went up to my LHS that is closing down...and everything was 30% off...and I was entertaining the idea of a second G4...not a bad buy at $140....BUT, they were ALL GONE!! The only real advantage, however, would be that I could then have an Interlink at work and at home, instead of having to lug it around from work to home when work is slow...

Happy flying!

Glenn
Old 09-12-2008, 10:58 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Crap...! That's right ! I forgot you have to have the stock TX to hook up your other controller !...Lol.. Its been so long since I used the DX-7, that I forgot....DARN...[:@] I was thinking about it at work, as I thought it would be awesome to give it to Nick, or Heli...Dang it... So what happens if our TX dies then ? There's a loop-hole somewhere, but maybe not...

Yeah, I've been meaning to catch JPEE, and telling him thanks for sharing that info with you, and then you sharing it with me. I was actually going to post a new post offering this information to others on the forum for the G4 users out there, and stating in appreciation from you and JPEE on sharing the info.... Just been busy, and I'am beat tired, but I still lug off-line spying all over RCU... Late at night, everyone will be gone and I'll be still reading like a mad-dog ! Gaaaaawwwd I'am addicted... I need help..LOl..

If anything, one of you guys should post something maybe... As much as I read on RCU, I've never came across that info.... So I'am thinking there are others out there that don't know about it also...

Alright, better get back to snoopin'....Talk with ya later Glenn, and hope everything is well....Oh......... Evan T even has a house right on the beach in Galveston !! Right where the hurricane is gonna smack head on.... Crazy huh ?! Notice tonight, he just kind of went 'off-line'.....[X(]

Also a good friend in the Wheeee...Cp thread Barrick lives in Texas also, and I worry for him also... He's 72... His Raptor .90 and his Trex's and HBK2 are all sitting up high on a stand in his living room... YIKES !

Take care guy,

~ Jeff
Old 09-12-2008, 11:06 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff.

Yeah, I was wondering what would happen if one were to lose or run over their Interlink with their rear tire or something? I would just like to have another Interlink for work....I wonder if you can prove or supply the serial number if they would sell you another Interlink? But, then you could just give your buddies the CD's, and all they would need to do is buy an Interlink....so they probably have that figured out too...but it seems that if you are the original owner, you should be able to get another Interlink...

Yeah, I hope Evan and Barrick are OK...didn't realize that Evan lived on the beach in Galveston...I looked at Spring TX on the map, and it looks like a suburb of Houston...hang on tight guys, and good luck in the storm!!

Gotta work tomorrow, I HATE working Saturdays!!

Glenn
Old 09-12-2008, 11:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Your right.... He must have another house as I see in his post here... I just mis-understood... But still crazy I believe no matter where ya are there I would imagine....!

i live in houston and im not evacuating and have a beach house in galveston thats gonna flood

Evan T.

Nick ~

I see ya finally popped on-line, I've been wondering where ya been all night....

Alright, talk with ya guys probally tommorow.....

~ Jeff
Old 09-12-2008, 11:33 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I work evenings and usually miss when people are logging onto RCU. I learn the basics on FSOne, then I have to do most of the learning in real life after that. That would be pretty cool to all fly together on G4 like Glenn was talking about. I didn't know it could do that. It reminds me when I used to fly online with flight simulator. But I don't know if I want to spend $140 on it. I usually snoop around RCU late at night too. I haven't had 8 hours of sleep since I found RCU. I saw Barrick's Raptor and it looks nice, but I didn't realize it was a 90 size.

Glenn,

I figured I would just use my bathroom scale for anything over the 500 gram limit. I did that with my Belt CP to see how much it weighed. Yeah that would be cool to fly together on G4. I will think about getting it. That would be cool to do a dogfight also. I also hate working Saturdays. I don't have to work this Saturday, but I get the joy of working next Saturday and this Sunday.

Helistyle,

To bad you don't have Alldatapro to help decide on the Ford. It lists all the problems with every car made. I really enjoyed having it for free at school, but I don't want to pay $900 a year for it at home. It listed one of the problems with my car that is very common.

Nick
Old 09-12-2008, 11:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

I saw Barrick's Raptor and it looks nice, but I didn't realize it was a 90 size.
Nick ~

It may be smaller but was guessing, as I couldn't remember.... Yeah I see you all night long my friend..... I just stay quiet when it gets late, so I can read and concentrate...Lol.. I can get caught up in the excitement REALLY easy....

Take care Nick,

~ Jeff

Old 09-13-2008, 12:01 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I didn't read a post saying what size it was. I was trying to say that it is cool that he has such a big helicopter.

Nick
Old 09-13-2008, 12:09 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

What's cool is he's 72........!!! [X(] Man I want to be like that when I get older... I'am only 38...Lol.. I think I may be able to acquire a few more heli's eh ?!

Old 09-13-2008, 12:24 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

It sounds like a good pass time during retirement. Yeah you have plenty of time to get the helicopter(s) you want. When I had four helicopters I had a hard time flying all of them the same amount. I usually stuck with one helicopter for awhile, while the other ones where grounded. I think I will stop at three. Unless a few more new ones come out that I like. It would be so much easier to choose one if the helicopter companies didn't keep making new ones all the time.

Nick
Old 09-13-2008, 01:31 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The updates I downloaded for my sim have made one helicopter fly pretty close to real life, but the others still aren't very close. I was doing an ok piro flip, funnel figure 8 where half of it is inverted, rainbows, and tic tocs. Now if only I could do that in real life.

Nick
Old 09-13-2008, 08:56 AM
HeliStyle

well I woke up at 8am today to install the blade grips today, and let me tell you it makes a big difference its not as touchy as the bell hiller stepup is, was deff worth the 8 dollars I payed for it. The honda seems to be fine now that I resoldered those joints, but the true test is this week when it sits in the sun. Also I came to the conclusion that im going to just buy the contour as much as a I dislike fords shes willing to go down to 1500 on the price, the car is in pretty much perfect condition, no rust, no dents and interior is perfect, out of a 10 I would give it like a 8 so I guess if it breaks then all well lol
Old 09-13-2008, 01:06 PM
evdreamer

Good to hear you like the CP grips. I thought you would like them.

Nick
Old 09-13-2008, 03:32 PM
evdreamer

I can do the funnel with the nose pointing down the other way now. I just need to work on the other direction with the nose pointing up then I can do all the funnels in the up right position. I am getting better at my piro circles. I learned what to do on the sim instead of just moving the sticks around and hoping the helicopter went in the right spot. It is starting to get fun now because I can mix up the tricks I know during a flying session.

I am glad it isn't raining like it was supposed too.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.