Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:52 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

Your SDX is looking good.

Nick
Old 05-21-2010, 12:23 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks.

It's coming along well so far, just taking my time and getting it right the first time hopefully.

I may get alot done this weekend, as the weather is not supposed to be that great, some chance of rain and showers both days.

I'd rather fly, but if it rains, I'll be building.

I got my DS 610's from Helidirect today, and my 2 in 1 and RX pack from Ready Heli. Plus the other BL servo that I am sending back.

I was looking at that servo...and it has a strange warning on it... "NiCd use only".... not exactly sure why that is...one more reason to get a "normal" servo...I have a 9254 coming...

Glenn
Old 05-21-2010, 10:24 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool your electronics came.

They probably mean that servo can only work on 5V.

I have one battery through the 600 on Flybarless. It is working pretty good. It was at a flyable position a lot sooner than the Skookum. I just got done getting the gain setting right on the tail. Now I am going to work on the gain setting for the cyclic. The Outrage flybarless head is working great. There is no slop in it. I looked at the description online and it was supposed to come with dampners, but it isn't worth arguing over a $2 part. I also noticed the blades spin longer after turning off the motor.

Nick
Old 05-21-2010, 12:38 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the early success with the V-bar...hope you can get it dialed in the rest of the way on the cyclics with a few more tweaks...

Glad the head is decent as well, and you have no slop, and the spool down is longer...

Hopefully, you'll love it as much as these guys here do.

Yeah, probably a poor Japanese to english translation going on there on the NiCd...I can't imagine why else they would specify that. Right above that it states 4.8v only. So that's probably what that is.

Have fun if you fly and tune later...

Glenn
Old 05-21-2010, 12:56 PM
choppersrule

Mark,

Not to worry, we know you've been very busy with the move and all to Florida.. I wish you well on your new job. I did get the Trex 500 maidened here about a week or 10 days ago. I must say that it is one sweet machine. The 500m motor has more power than I'll ever need. Almost scary. So far it's holding together fine, I remember you mentioning about the shaft coming loose, from a production problem. Seems like I missed the bad batch. The power to weight ratio is great. Hovers sweet and has power to spare.
I've got 6 packs through it now and no crashes yet. LMAO! The Trex 600 is doing great too. Neither one is something you can fly in a small back yard, that's for sure.
The weather here in the Indianapolis area has really sucked the last month. Windy and rainy most of the time, only like 5 days all month without rain.

Take care and have a safe trip,

Dave

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

Hi guys,
I feel kinda bad b/c I haven't had the time to post over at the Band of Brothers thread and see how Dave and Jeff are doing. Was wondering if Dave had a chance to maiden his new 500 yet. I'm sure I'll have much catch up to do when we are moved and settled in!
Gotta go run now - meeting with the rental agency for the house then have to make an appointment with the carpet cleaner guys for the rugs.
Take care everyone and enjoy the nice flying weather!
Mark
Old 05-21-2010, 01:33 PM
choppersrule

Glenn,

I've been snooping around like I usually do, and see that you've got the SDX. That's one nice helicopter bar none, and has a lot of great reviews also.
The main frame does look huge, looks bigger than my Trex 600.

Best to you on the build, take the time to do 'er right, I know you will though.

Dave
Old 05-21-2010, 02:35 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got the 600 flying pretty good now. I was trying to use the autotrim feature, but I couldn't get it to hold a hover in one spot. It kept adding left aileron trim when it should have been adding right aileron trim. I would like it to hover hands off with that feature, but it is pretty close with out it.

I probably won't be able to fly today or this weekend. I have been putting off some homework working on both helis and I have to work over the weekend.

Nick
Old 05-21-2010, 03:22 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Dave,

Thanks for the kind words on the SDX, I love it so far, and it's only partway into the build. I also have heard almost completely postive things about it, and that was one of the reasons I went with it. It's also nice to have something a little different than the Align stuff....although, they are hard to beat, for sure. I love both my 450 Pro and 500 ESP for sure.

Parts are a bit harder to come by...but in reality, I don't "stock" any parts for my Align helis either, so if a crash happens, it's online shopping time anyways, so it's no different than getting the Align stuff. Some of the parts can be kind of pricey...but most stuff is inline with the competition.

Nick,

Cool that you got closer on the setup. I am not sure why it would be adding left aileron trim when it should have been right....

If I remember, I'll ask Justin. Those guys were doing the auto trim/auto tune settings to a guy's 700n last weekend, I was watching, but not super close. The got it pretty good, the guy could do slow piro hovers with no hand on the cyclic...

Sorry you have homework and work to catch up on...maybe you can fit a flight in here and there in between. I'm not sure about my weather this weekend, or even where I am flying yet. I would really like to get up to MHA, since I have not been there yet to fly since I joined...lol..

Glenn
Old 05-21-2010, 07:36 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That would be great if you could ask Justin about the auto trim feature. I did pretty much what the videos said and let it drift on its own. Then when it got close to something I corrected it and let it drift again. I did that for a full battery.

Have fun doing forward flight if you can get up to MHA this weekend.

Nick
Old 05-21-2010, 08:06 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I haven't heard from Justin yet as far as plans for this weekend, but when I talk to him, I'll be sure and ask.

When they were setting up that 700, it looked like they were doing just that....letting it drift on it's own, then they moved to a spot with more room....

When they hooked it back up to the PC, it showed a progress bar on the auto tune settings...it looked like they had about 1/3 bar. Maybe it takes a while....not sure...I'll ask though.

Just got back from the plane field. I was working on side in hovering. Rob came up, but just got off work...he was just stopping by. He got himself a 450 Pro for Christmas, and is going to maiden it tomorrow at the field.

I'm not sure what I'm doing for flying tomorrow, but leaning towards going to MHA, my heli club. Never know with Justin, he might just call and want to fly at his field. He doesn't give me much notice...lol...

Hope you can get your work and homework out of the way to fly a bit.....

Glenn
Old 05-21-2010, 10:01 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Remember me OLD JPEE!

Sorry I havent been around lately but without flying hardly at all and just working on the house I did not have a lot to offer. I see Nick, you've been having some problems and just plane bad luck of late, really sorry about that. Glad the 600 is coming around on the positive side for you.

Mark,
I just read that Dave did his maiden sometime ago and eith yesterday or today flew 2 packs in the 500 and 600 each and a good fly day. Yep you colors are about like mine. I snap a few when I get closer to being done. The master, guest room, hall, master bath, home office are 100% done. They shot the livingroom ceiling yesterday with alight texure of orange peel and then today painted it. Tomorrow Saturday they will paint the walls and move on to the entryway be the front door and second coat the kitchen. We went to Lowes and HomeDeopot looking for all new hardware and locksets yesterday and today along with new light fixture thoughout without a very much luck. It will come together. We expect to move back in two weeks, thats our goal BUT the kitchen tile floor, the new cabinets with not be in. We will still cook in the kitchen I built in the garage. My buddy will come and live with us for a few days to do the tile work. Then of course the cabinet can be hung. Hope your rental stuff works out for you.

Glenn,
Thats one big sucker forsure. It will be so nice, you have no idea how the big helis fly STABLE........very stable! I hope you get to fly tomorrow either at the club or with Justin "if he calls".
I drug my 450-500-600 to the City Fly Park last night on the way home to our temp house. I dont know if you've seen the youtube video of the red bull heli pulling a loop "for real". Well there was a guy there at the flypark who I was told by others there I know that said "he was in the heli when the loop was pulled and! he has video from inside to prove it.
Anyway..........he was a nice and guy and he had aa 250-450 700N there. I told him I am not a good flier like him but I said I try. So I pulled out my wedge-ie and went for broke. I flew the 450 Pro like a dream but no 3D. When I landed he said, nice flying. I will admit I was in idle-up and flying hard. Then I took the 500 and that I am very comfortable with so I was doing flips frontwardss and backwards and side rolls and loops and then barrel rolls on the horizontal and a few going straight up and all sent well. Now the 600, with a new 5000 mAh 30C I took her up. Well I kicked her around a bit and in idle-up and then....................coming out of a flip the tail started wagging or wipping side to side. So I throttled down and came in easy like and landed. As I walked by he said........."turn down your gain on the gyro" and I replied ok I will but (I checked my belt too he he) Then he came over to my table and to make this already tale short for all of you. He took off my 611 gyro and reworked it and my radio that was a mess by his standards and then he told me take her up again. HOLY FREAKING COW, that heli has never flown like that and the motor did not have that wine under load either. I cant wait to fly it again tomorrow morning on the way back to the house.

Jreue, glad your getting your bird back together too.

Take care guys............JPEE
Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That is cool that guy help your heli fly better.

Nick
Old 05-22-2010, 10:03 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Great day today...flew at my heli field for the first real time...met everyone, and got about 5 flights in...had a good time overall...one of the best things I have ever done in this hobby for sure...

Great bunch of guys we have there....all 5 of us...lol...

JPEE,

Glad you had an experienced guy give you some advice and settings that worked out for ya...no replacement for experience! Sounds like he's very knowledgable for sure....

Nick,

I had a chance to talk to Jusin today, and asked about your drifting/left aileron issue with the mini V-bar.

It wasn't real clear, since I didn't have a screen in front of me...but he said basically to look at your setup trims for cyclic...and they should all be just about equal as far as trims go....apparently, a little on the bars is alot in the setup...

The main thing he stressed is that the swash being absolutely perfectly level at low, mid and high with a swash leveler is critical...since the V-bar bases all of it's trims and adjusting on a perfect swash.

See what happens, if you are still having issues, let me know....he's more than willing to help...in fact, he said "where is the heli?"...lol, and of coures I replied "in Nebraska"...lol !

If need be, I'm sure we can get him on the phone and guide you through it...it was difficult for me to understand what he was saying without the program in front of me...alot can get lost in the translation...

Another guy there had the Mikado portable unit for programming, a small hand-held unit that they hooked to Justin's 600n and made some rudder gain adjustments...it was super quick and easy...

Hope that helps some...let me know...

Glenn

Old 05-22-2010, 11:09 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool you enjoyed flying today.

Thanks for asking Justin about my V-bar. I had to add some trim because the servos weren't centered. None of them were the same number. The swash is level at center and full negative pitch. However, the swash isn't totally level at full positive pitch. I didn't see any adjustments for travel adjust and I can't use the transmitter's travel adjust, since it is set for 1 servo. The swash just tilts a little to the tail at full positive pitch.

Nick
Old 05-22-2010, 11:51 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

You are welcome....sounds like you already had the swash level for the most part...

I am not sure what to do about servo travel adjust, since you can't find it in the program, and it's not available on the radio since it's set for one servo.

I can see the dilemma you are in better now...

There must be a solution somehow...

When will you get a chance to test it again?

I am still building the SDX. I have the main head done except for linkages, and am working on the tail now...I should be able to get the tail and boom on tonight..

It's starting to look like a heli now...

I'll try to post some pics here in a bit...

Glenn
Old 05-23-2010, 12:58 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I would like to try and test the auto trim feature some more on Monday. The auto trim bar was already halfway filled up before I had my first flight on it, so I wonder if that was causing problems. I won't be able to go to the field until some time mid week to try some 3D with it. I really like the tail gyro though. It is able to stop the tail with a lot of force and it holds really good. I think it is better than my JR G770 gyro. I will have to see how it does with 3D.

That is cool you are almost done building the SDX.

Nick
Old 05-23-2010, 01:46 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That will be good to see if the V-bar will work better for you...and cool that the tail holds really well too. Hope it turns out good, let me know...

I'll have to take some pics tomorrow, I'm pooped!

Got the tailboom, fins, belt, boom supports and all that done.

I don't know if it's just larger helis, but Hirobo has a very cool way of adjusting flybar weights....there are two metal bars inside each flybar paddle, with plastic cover...one is made of lead, and one is made of brass. You can remove one, both or leave both in to tune the response.

I left both in for now....but I have a feeling I'll want to remove one after I get more used to it. It should hover very well with both in....and the cool thing is it only takes a couple of minutes (if that) to remove the cap and bars.

Everything looks great so far. About the only things I didn't like too much about the build were the phillips screws through the frame halves, and the swashplate balls were very odd, they are 4 sided, instead of hex, and no center hex hole, they were kind of a PITA to install.

I'm not used to having to "build" a canopy. This one you have to cut out, and install the windsheild. Not too bad, then I have to do the decals...

I'll get some pics tomorrow....

This thing is big now, I didn't realize how big until the tailboom is on it...looks bigger inside than they do out on the field...

Glenn
Old 05-23-2010, 01:59 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

What pipe/muffler do you have on the Velocity?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get an engine, thinking most likely an O.S. .50 Hyper...

I have the old muffler that was on the Raptor, I'm not sure if that will fit the newer O.S. engines or not.

So I'm going to start researching the options.

Glenn
Old 05-23-2010, 04:29 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I found some V-bar setup videos on Helifreak and it does have an option to adjust the endpoints. However, the manual and Mikado's videos didn't show it.

That is interesting on the flybar weights. The Velocity didn't come with flybar weights, but it had different mounting holes to adjust the way it flies.

I don't like Phillips screws either.

I have the Outrage pipe on the Velocity. It came with the kit. I like the deflector. It has a plug that is connected to the deflector.

Nick
Old 05-23-2010, 12:29 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the endpoint setup...I figured that there had to be a way to adjust that...as well as I've seen these V-bars work, they must be totally adjustable for different setups...great news!

Hirobo advertises this heli as both a beginner machine, and a full tilt 3D heli...so I guess they build plenty of options in for tuning. I am just building the linkages by the book for now...there are other holes that I can change setup on later if need be...looks plenty adjustable.

I may look into SHCS for the frames, and definitely for the 4 tailboom clamp area through bolts, since they may get worn after adjusting the belt a few times.

I was looking at the Outrage pipe. That plug I guess you mean that plug is to plug the deflector so it doesn't leak oil when stored?

Is it like this pipe?

http://www.helidirect.com/outrage-hy...rs-p-12483.hdx

Also, do you use any kind of exhaust gasket between the pipe and engine? I can't seem to find any listed....I read an article in RC Heli about cutting your own out of gasket material....

Hope your day is going well.

Cloudy here, looks like rain any minute...back to the build!

Glenn

Old 05-23-2010, 01:59 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah, you are right, the plug stops oil from leaking out when in storage. I see Helidirect now sells the deflector with the plug attached.

Yeah, that looks like my pipe. A heli guy was visiting my field and he was impressed by how quiet the Outrage pipe was.

I don't use a gasket. It seems to do pretty good without one.

Nick
Old 05-23-2010, 03:25 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the pipe info...and I am thinking of going that way. Justin mentioned that the Align pipes tend to be noisey...which I don't care for too much. I looked at the old pipe that came on the Raptor...I can't I.D. it at all, and it looks pretty lame by today's standards, and was pretty loud if I remember correctly.

I just got done with some of the linkage, and mounted the servos, all but the throttle one. I am going to use the rudder servo from the Raptor for the throttle, it should do fine there.

I don't see the deflector with that pipe, so I guess it's separate. I think they are only a few bucks.

I think I am going to get an air filter as well...I know most people don't run them, but I sure can't see where it would hurt anything...

I am thinking about these blades to go with at first, not super expensive, just in case...but have pretty good ratings;

http://www.helidirect.com/600mm-pro-...is-p-10336.hdx

I took some pics of the build so far.

I took a pic of the adjustable paddle weights, and a very cool way to lock the head at zero pitch using a provided pin, which you insert temporarily in the mixing arm and blade grip to make your zero pitch settings...pretty cool stuff!

Thanks for the info on the gasket, I don't think the Raptor had one either, and it did OK.

Glenn

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54376.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1440859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok28689.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1440860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97172.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1440861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo35288.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1440862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju13565.jpg
Views:	24
ID:	1440863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yp92753.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1440864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vx47620.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1440865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf20032.jpg
Views:	22
ID:	1440866  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ut26365.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1440867  
Old 05-23-2010, 06:33 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The SDX is looking good.

The deflector was in the box with my pipe. If I remember right it is the black thing in the middle of the picture on Helidirect.

That isn't a bad price for some 50 sized blades.

I redid the head setup on my 600. Now the max trim I have is about 5 and it used to be in the high 60's. The swash is also level from negative pitch to positive pitch. I still want to work on the cyclic pitch some more, but it should be flyable again.

Nick
Old 05-23-2010, 07:02 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,
As long as your picking up a set of those "cost effective blades" go ahead order me a set too. I'll send you my address and you can just forward them on to me, ok? I wanted to also say think you for the new blades too. LMAOOOOOOO. Ok lets get real now. The pics look great! That is one moster frame no doubt about it man. It looks different in layout than anything I have ever seen. I predict it will be airbourn in no more than 14 days from today Sunday.

Nick, sounds like your tweaking down the 600 to where you want it, best of luck to you on that.

Me, no flying, just working on the house. I laid 80 feet of 4" base molding and my knees are yelling at me for it too. You have to do everythng twice. I fist have to gound around the walls and find the studs and mark the floor so when I push up the new base board I know where to shoot a nail. Then there are those trips out to the saw for my corner cuts. Lordy.....some good grub tonight and perhaps even a beer, then I ll be ready for work tomorrow.

Glenn, should I be asking Judy of OVERTIME pay for working on Sat and Sun both?

JPEE
Old 05-23-2010, 08:35 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Hope your knees feel better soon.

Yeah, I hope my new settings work out great on the 600.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.