Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 05:39 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Sounds like your weather forecast is like mine...chance of T-storms in the afternoon...but it's going to be pretty hot, and humid, so I'm not sure how that will affect the turnout.

For one, Charles said he might not be there if it's very hot and humid...there is like zero shade, unless you bring and setup one of those tents or canopies....

I am going for a few hours, I figure between about noon and 5 or so.

I talked to the guy from Hobby Hut about picking up my painted canopy, and he said a Hirobo representative should be there...that will be cool...I may ask him about the wobble and dampening issue while he's there.

I know one thing...I am bringing some cash....last time there were some pretty good deals on new and used stuff...you never know what you might run across...

Cool on the V-bar, and the extra wording on the case for the connections. Too bad you are so squeezed for time...you could pull a Justin, and go to a shopping center at 3AM for some testing...lol....long story...but true...

That is cool that you will at least get to go to the fun fly, for me, there is only this one, and I can fly any other weekend...so I'm not going to miss it....besides, if I leave at 5, I can be back in time to do a little 450 flying, weather permitting...

Sorry you have so much work and finals going on...[&o]

Glenn
Old 06-04-2010, 06:05 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It got up to 98 degrees today. Luckily it will be in the uper 70's tomorrow. Sorry it is going to be hot there tomorrow.

That is cool vendors show up at your fun fly. Mine aren't big enough for those.

Nick
Old 06-04-2010, 09:14 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I'm getting your cool weather on MONDAY, after we get a cold front coming through on Sunday...

There were quite a few vendors last year, it was interesting to look around...I saw a few good deals on stuff, but didn't bring any money with me last time.

I got my servo wheel from Ready heli, but not my servo yet from Heli Direct. Usually it's the other way around...I think Ready Heli is getting faster with their shipping.

I imagine both are very busy this time of year, and I'll bet their busiest day is Monday...after the weekend events...and crashes...[X(]

I'm going to pack alot of water, sunblock and a few sandwiches for tomorrow...

Did your FBL head make it from UPS?

Glenn
Old 06-04-2010, 10:33 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Hopefully you will get your new servo soon.

That is smart bringing water and sun screen. I am going to do the same. I usually bring less water than I need and end up leaving earlier. Then I also got sun burned pretty good when I went flying on Monday.

Yeah, my flybarless head and some other goodies came today. I was at work, so I just opened them up. I got a new canopy because the thumb screws were chewing my original up. I am glad Helidirect and other companies supply the canopy now. For a long time there was no canopies for sale. I also got that receiver battery you ordered. It is big as a 450 sized battery and maybe a little bigger.

I am getting ready for tomorrow. I am going to have to wake up early, since I have a long drive to the field. I think it is about as long as you have. It is about an hour each way and the fun fly starts in the afternoon. I am going to try and build the flybarless head tonight, so I can just drop it on when I have time. This time it came with dampners, but I ordered some just to be safe.

Nick
Old 06-04-2010, 11:45 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I was hoping the servo and battery would show up today...because I won't be here most of the day tomorrow....I am wondering if it will fit in the mailbox...I hate the thought of it sitting on the doorstep all day if it shows up tomorrow, which it should.

Maybe I'll hang around until about noon or so and see if it gets here.

I learned my lesson about sunblock and water the first few hot days at Justin's field, there is no shade there, and I ran out of water...[&o]

Cool on the new stuff....and the new canopy...glad you can get one now...why were they so hard to get for awhile?

I will be anxious to see that RX battery, I measured my battery area, and I should have plenty of room, the 2600 looks almost small there.

My field is also about an hour away...if I don't get lost in the forest again... It is in a state park, and I drove all over that place last time trying to find the actual field...

Have fun building the FBL head...hope it turns out well, and glad it has dampers.

I have my video camera ready, hopefully I can get some better video this year. I learned alot from the video of Justin last time...I just forget the LCD screen, and basically just point the camera at arm's length, like a handgun...seems to work pretty well, you just can't see the screen in direct sunlight.

If I don't talk to you later, have a great time tomorrow...

Glenn
Old 06-05-2010, 12:09 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just finished the Flybarless head up. I am not as impressed by it as my first one from Outrage. First it seems like they changed the blade grip control arms. I don't like the new design. It looks like it will be easy for the pushrods to bind at the extremes. I will just have to wait until I put it on the heli. Then it seems like they over did the powder coat or anodized finish on the inside of the main hub because the mainshaft is a very tight fit. Other than that it seems fine. I am trying some Tri-flow grease instead of white lithium grease on the thrust bearings. It seems to work pretty good. I will have to get some flights on it to see how it does. I test fitted my new receiver battery in the 600 and it barely fits inside the frame.

I don't know why the canopies were so hard to get, but no one had them on their websites and it seemed like Canomod never had them in stock. I was always thinking don't crash the Velocity because I wouldn't be able to get a canopy.

Nick
Old 06-05-2010, 12:27 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on finishing the FBL head...sorry the redesign is not as nice as the first one....they must have had a reason for the changes, I would think?

Maybe the tight fit on the main hub will be a good thing in the long run though, better that than sloppy I think...I guess time will tell.

I have not been able to remember to order Tri Flow grease....as many orders as I've placed lately...

I assembled the SDX using some "Super Lube" that I got from Harbor Freight....seems pretty good, it's very similar in consistency to the Align one way bearing grease...it's synthetic, with PTFE teflon...I think something like Tri Flo. Seems good so far, everything was very smooth, and it's rated for 450 degrees, so it should stay put.

Glad the battery did fit...even though it's tight. Hope your CG turns out OK with it.

Cool that you can now get canopies, and you don't have to worry about not being able to get one.

It's raining lightly here, and SUPER humid...you could cut the air with a knife... Hope tomorrow isn't too brutal.

Glenn
Old 06-05-2010, 03:19 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got back from an interesting day. First off my GPS took me to the wrong place and I felt like I was going to get shot in the neighbor hood. Then I gave up on trying to get to the field, so I was trying to find a way back home. I printed off mapquest directions and when I was traveling home I noticed the same exit to the field from mapquest. So, I decided to give it one more shot and without the GPS this time. I finally got to the field about an hour after the fun fly started. It was a nice field. All the people were friendly and introduced them selves. I kind of felt like an outcast, since they all pretty much new each other and I was the only one from my field there. They had free sandwiches and chips. That landing fee ended up just being a one time fee to fly at the event. The weather was pretty decent at the beginning and it ended up getting in the upper 90's. I got two flights in and watched the rest of the people fly. It was mostly .50 size and up. There were some good pilots there. One guy had a Velocity there too and another guy said he owns a Velocity. The Outrage receiver battery worked out great and the heli was still balanced.

Hope your fun fly is fun today.

Nick
Old 06-05-2010, 09:21 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I'm just getting home...[X(]

What a day!!!

I'll have to tell you about it in segments....and post vids when I can get them uploaded...

Let's see...to begin with...Bert and Bobby were indeed there...got video of that...

The 450 "Challenge" was pretty good, not quite as good as last year's...almost everyone had a hard time (AKA crashed!) on the second obstacle...I have vid of that too...

It was alot more fun for me than last year, because I knew alot more people, and I know what you mean about feeling like an outcast...that was me last year....

I picked up my canopy...it's very cool...and I picked up something else too.....

It was crazy, I was almost at the field, driving along, and hear this horn honking behind me...and it was Justin...the amazing thing is, we had no previous plans or communication to meet at all today....just pure chance that we arrived at the exact same time...what are the chances of that?

They had an event at the end, at dusk called a "smackdown"...there is a corn field just to the left of the main flight line...and the object was to rip up as many corn stalks with your rotor blades as possible, without crashing....crazy stuff...I think the overall best performance was Justin Chi,
who is 7 years old this year, and looks like he's improved dramtically since last year, he tore up a bunch of corn with his Trex 700N...[X(] I didn't get video of that, but it was VERY impressive to see that kid fly a 700 nitro helicopter...

Man, sounds like you had quite an ordeal just getting to your field....glad you didn't give up, and had a nice time for the most part...it was hot here, but more humid than anything...about 90..not as hot as you guys...

I stayed way later than I planned, but it was worth it...got to talk to alot of people, including a couple of Hirobo Representatives..who were very cool...

They were flying a team of 3 helis at once..pretty cool, and they had a scale fusalage heli that was doing 3D...everyone got a kick out of that, even Bobby Watts was impressed...

Bert Kamerer stripped 3 main gears in his 700E in one day...so it's not just Justin that had that issue, I think I have that on video...

I ran out of memory on my camera...

Whew...

I'll be back...

Glenn
Old 06-05-2010, 10:22 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool you got to see Bobby, Bert, and Justin Chi fly today.

Good to hear you like your new canopy.

That is cool you saw Justin at the fun fly.

It sounds like you had a fun time at your fun fly too.

Nick
Old 06-05-2010, 11:11 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I just looked at some of the video, and it came out pretty good....I'll see how much I can upload tonight....

I've got one of Bert and Bobby flying syncronized, at least in parts...it's pretty cool...

I'll post some pics in a few....

Glenn
Old 06-05-2010, 11:29 PM
rotarydoc

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24854.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1448481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63777.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1448482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr39577.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1448483  
Old 06-05-2010, 11:39 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool transmitter.

Nick
Old 06-05-2010, 11:44 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I got a great price, because there is no tax, since Hobby Hut is based in PA....and the price was $30 off list, so it was a good deal overall, and no waiting...

I have a LOT to learn, I'm sure it's alot different than the DX6i, and alot more complicated in some aspects...I'll just plan on spending most of this week on it...

I started some uploads to Youtube....hope they don't take too long...

Glenn
Old 06-06-2010, 12:49 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

It looks like this video is ready of Bobby Watts flying his Miniature Aircraft....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi0hRxc1yh4

Glenn
Old 06-06-2010, 11:32 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Here's the MHA fun fly vids...these are all of the "450 Challenge"....pretty cool event!

Of course, they look best in HD, 720p...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgKEvkyrjq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LCcJggoYhA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLUV_5G9lf8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_jqALXG74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54MAlmidEw0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOemTWr9564

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwroqpfJTKc

Bobby and Bert were there narrating, and a camera guy, so it may be on video on their smackdown.com site or somewhere else as well...

Enjoy!

Glenn
Old 06-06-2010, 11:36 AM
rotarydoc

Guys,

Here are the big gun's vids....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi0hRxc1yh4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACgSKsXtCc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTEWsOtzdg

As always, they look best in HD, 720p....

Enjoy!

Glenn
Old 06-06-2010, 12:47 PM
jroo

Hey all!

Well, finally, I got a 450 maiden!

I had 2 packs for the 450 and 1 for the 250.

I got to my soccer field about 9am; light light breeze. Got the 450 up, and man... what a piece of work; it just feels good. I can tell a difference in the Align gyro compared to my HK401B. This align gyro just holds it so well. I am impressed by the 401B, but this is a different category it seems.

Well I got 2 flights in for the 450 and it just fly's great. It certainly does not get whipped around in the wind like the 250. Got some great figure-8's in.

Next came the 250. I am just getting so much more comfortable with the little one. I flew a bit, mainly doing figure-8's; really working on handling the flight from my left back to me. It's starting to feel much more comfortable.

Well, it was getting late in the pack, and I decided 'one more run'. On the return back, the battery got a bit low, and the ESC started to trim the throttle back. I lost a lot of altitude in my bank turn and it came all the way down; well almost.

The heli was in the middle of my bank turn and I'd say it was about 40 degrees. The main rotor kicked up some of the dirt... but I pulled out... I gained a bit more altitude and landed a little hard as the battery was about done. I ran it way too long, but I had to get that last run in.

I was stoked I actually pulled out of a crash.

I went over and accessed the damage and was actually happy of what I saw. My first tail boom strike! Call me weird, but it happened under such awesome circumstances.. heh

So from first inspection, it looks like a tail-boom strike and those cheap landing struts broke again. I have the more heavy-duty PRO landing gear ready to go.

What a day!

Old 06-06-2010, 12:53 PM
jroo

here is the smacktalk site

[link=http://smackTalkRC.com]http://www.smacktalkrc.com/[/link]
Old 06-06-2010, 03:05 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Those last videos were Awsome.

Jreue,

Cool on the maiden and sorry about the 250.

Nick
Old 06-06-2010, 03:32 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks...I tried to do good on keeping the helis in the frame...

Bobby and Bert put on quite a show...it is amazing to watch in person, the vids really don't do them justice..

Glad you enjoyed them, it's kind of a PITA to do, because you are more busy following the helis than watching...[&o]...but it's worth it to have the videos, something to look at on a cold winter day...lol..

I started reading the manual for the 9503, and charged it fully. It looks and feels GREAT...what a difference, doesn't feel like a toy like my DX6i's...

I have figured out some of the basics, I wasn't sure what the levers on the sides are for...apparently they can be programmed to do just about anything you want...

There are also 2 cool switches on the radio...in front, "HOV PITCH" and "HOV THRO"....apparently, these can be used to modify the throttle and pitch curves up or down in the 3 mid sections by up to 15%, without going into the menus, etc...

jreue,

Congrats on the sucessful flights with the new 450...

Sorry about the mishap on the 250...good that you have those Pro skids ready to go...sounds like the originals are a bit fragile...

Thanks for providing the link for the smacktalk site...as many times as I saw that on signs yesterday, you'd think I'd remember...

Old 06-06-2010, 05:30 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool you like your new transmitter.

Nick
Old 06-06-2010, 08:04 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I went to check the mail today, to see if my stuff came in from Heli Direct, and it wasn't in the mailbox....I noticed it on the side doorstep, where they almost never leave mail...I guess it was there since sometime Saturday...[X(]

It rained here pretty good, and the box was soggy...but everything inside seems fine.

That 5000 mAh pack is pretty huge...a bit bigger than I pictured it...but it should be very cool...

The servo looks good, and I got an OS #8 glow plug and some fuel filters, since mine seems to be seeping fuel at the oring.

I did some preliminary setup on the 9503, I know how to set the basic stuff so far...the timer is a bit confusing, I'll have to look at that closer...

I have to think up 7 steps on throttle and pitch curves now....I guess I don't have to...but it might be smoother that way...I'll have to see....

Either way, it's a nice problem to have...

Glenn
Old 06-06-2010, 09:15 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear your parts weren't stolen or ruined by the rain.

Nick
Old 06-06-2010, 10:20 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys, I will make this small post then go back and read the tons of stuff youve been posting.

Today was a Black Day in Bedrock for me. I lost the 500 and the 400 came apart in flight due to what I have determined to be a broken blade link snapping allowing that blade to go wild and take out the boom. The parts were flying all over the sky. The 500 was on the first pack an I had been up for no more than a minute and was doing a type of funnel I call it and then lost control. No matter what I did I couldn't get her into control as she was coming donw fast and she hit very hard tail first. Everything related to the TT is done 100%, gone, finetto, toast. The main gear is gone too. But back to the crash, I always walk the crash site and look at everything before I touch the heli. As you can see in the photo, the front of the heli (old cano damage) is untouched. I found one of my battery leads unplugged! ! ! ! ! I will admit that "that" EC3 was not as tight as the rest of my packs so it is possible that was the culprit and not dumb thumbs from me. I do remember hitting TH and hearing the motor stop "I thought" but who knows. This will be a very expensive crash $$$.00.
The 400, only the electrics are left and the servos, esc, and gyro. All blades, frame, head parts, boom, struts, main gears, are toasted and totally gone. I do have everything on the shelf in inventory to replace it so I will. But I will only get into the 400 after the 500 is done and back in the air and that will be a deep reach into the wallet[]. I guess the only salavation here is that it was not a 700E that came down, should I get one I would have to take a home load to pay for parts.
Oh I almost forgot. I was buddy-boxing with a friend and noob and we lost his little clunker Cub. Some CA and she will be fine but its the idea of three down RC's today.

JPEE and back to reading past posted and what looked to be Glenns photos or vids\

EDIT: Glenn, sound slike you had a nice time ad got to see some neat stuff. Sounds like you rmaking some real progress on the SDX too. NEW RADIO so COOL
Nick, I am so sorry you got lost. My navigator has taken the wrong or long way to from time to time. I alos like Glenn mentioned know what it is like being at a stranger new place and not know anybody SUCKS, but you make the first move and generally people will loosen up.
Jreue, sorry about your crash. I put T Rex 500 laning gear on my Pro and love it. I dont have a picture at this computer but it really lifts the heli up to a safe zone for the TT tail.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sq46586.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	1449239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53022.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	1449240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64094.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	1449241  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.