Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:15 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

Sorry about your 500 and 400.

That looks like the brushless version of my Cub. That was a fun plane once I added ailerons to it.

Nick
Old 06-06-2010, 11:54 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Looks like a black day indeed...I am so sorry to see the 500 compacted like that...[&o]

I have always feared going in tail first, now I see firsthand why...at least the battery pack was spared that way...gotta look at the bright side...

Yes, that does look like an expensive rebuild...and I hate those dang TT bearings...

The B400 is a mess...but you've got parts, and can do that puppy in your sleep...

Hope you can get the 500 back in the air before too long...

Hey, watch some of those guys destroy their helis on my fun fly vids...maybe you'll feel better...lol...

Glenn
Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 AM
evdreamer

Guys,

I installed my Vbar in the Velocity last night. It is turning out to be a nightmare. I got the tail servo working, but I can't get the swashplate servos to move in the right direction. If I have the aileron reversed I can get the swashplate to move in the right direction for elevator and collective. However, if I reverse the aileron it seems like the left stick is controlling the elevator and the right stick is controlling the collective. I probably just need to spend more time on it, but it would be nice to have a swashmix to reverse the aileron. I might try flipping the aileron servos 180 degrees like my 600 and see if that helps out.

Nick
Old 06-07-2010, 07:37 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That sounds like a weird problem...especially since the 600 went well for you, you would think it would be just about the same...

Hope you can get it squared away...keep me posted, and if nothing else, I can run it by Justin if it comes to that...

I actually have work today, so I can't be online long...

I'll check back later...good luck with it...

Glenn
Old 06-07-2010, 09:38 AM
JPEE

Nick, sorry to hear that V-bar is giving you fits. Like you said, a return visist might do it. Sometimes you have to step away from it to gain perspective. The good part is, this can be done, others have done it. It is made for the heli so it works, this is just the frustrating part to work out the bugs.

Glenn,
I read where your parts and stuff were left on the porch and rain, that sucks. You may live in a nice area but I trust NO ONE in this world so to say. I mean there are guys that follow the UPS trucks and walk up to the front porch can carry off the packages and thats why I have a private PO Box where they accept my packages and sign for them. I forgot the cost that I pay per year but its like $150.00. When I had the Home Repair business I had tools and parts being delivered and I did not want them left on the porch. This worked real for the business and now my batteries and heli stuff. What you could do is leave a box say 2 feet by 1 foot by 1 foot screwed down to your porch with a padlock on it and paint with a UPS logo for a drop zone, my friend did this. The guys comes up drops the package in the box and locks it WA-LA you stuff is safe.

Gonna go home after a small side job today and make up a heli parts list then go to the HeliHobby and see what they have in stock.

Take care you two..................good luck Nick
Old 06-07-2010, 11:57 AM
evdreamer

Guys,

I worked on my Vbar some more during my lunch break. I got my servos moving the right way now. During the transmitter setup I thought I had to have my elevator servo reversed, but it turns out I don't. I checked if the Vbar was still correcting in the right way and it is. I also got my swashplate level. I just need to put the head on and check the pitch. Then I can do some test flights.

Nick
Old 06-07-2010, 02:47 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad you got it sorted out....

Good luck on the test flights...are you going to fly today?

I may try to finish the setup for the B400 on the 9503 in time to test that out later on...lots of new stuff to learn...I did get the timer figured out, I love the auto start feature..

Glenn
Old 06-07-2010, 06:55 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I finished putting the head on and setting up the pitch on the Velocity. I also just carried over the same settings for the cyclic and tail from the 600 and it worked out pretty good. I got one test flight in before I had to go to school again. It flew pretty good except the gain for the cyclic is a little high. Other than that the tail is holding great and it is hovering pretty good. It isn't as solid as my 600, but my swashplate leveler doesn't fit the Velocity very good. It might also be from the extra vibration. I also noticed an increase in power just like my 600 did once I converted it to flybarless.

Have fun with the 9503 and the B400.

Nick
Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sonnds like you have a good start on the V-bar in the Velocity...keep at it...it takes some fine tuning a patience...you'll get it...

I have an issue I can't seem to find an answer to...see if you have any ideas...on the B400/AR6100/GY401...and the 9503.

I can't seem to get the gyro gain to work at all...the gain menu on the 9503 seems to have no effect on the gyro gain.

I have the gyro gain wire in the gear pins on the AR6100, and that works fine on the DX6i..everything is perfect, can adjust the gain, switch between two gain settings..etc.

The 9503 RX has 9 channels, and one of them is called AUX 2...this is where the instructions say to plug the gyro gain wire into...and of course the AR6100 doesn't have one...so I think the TX just doesn't "see" the gain signal on the gear pins of the AR6100...and I have no idea how to change that, if it can be?

The instructions say it's compatible with the AR6100, etc..and all the other functions work fine...

I can configure the switches around, but that just moves the control of the gain from one switch to another, not helping the issue...

I may set it all up on the SDX, since that is where the JR R921 receiver is going...and see how that works with the GY401 on it...in AUX 2 pins...

I hope I don't have to buy new recievers for all my other helis...

Any ideas?

I'll probably call Horizon tomorrow...and maybe post on HF...

Glenn
Old 06-07-2010, 10:09 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Probably the easiest thing to do is not use the gyro menu and use the travel adjusts for the GEAR channel. The + numbers should be HH and the - numbers should be Rate mode. I setup my gyros that way and I know others with JR radios have done the same thing.

Besides that I don't have anymore ideas without messing around with the transmitter.

Nick
Old 06-07-2010, 10:41 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

You saved the day! Well, the night...I'll sleep better now....

That did it....and it makes sense now, since that is the channel I'm using for the gyro gain...

I guess with the SDX, and the R921, I'll have full use of the gyro menu, since I'll have the ability to use the AUX2 pins for the gyro gain...

It looks like I'll have a lot of gyro adjustability, since the range is from like 4 when it turns on HH, to 150...

THANKS! I owe ya one!

Glenn
Old 06-07-2010, 10:53 PM
9sec240

Glenn, I believe that the gyro menu only works on the AUX2 port on the RX with the 9303 / 9503. This means you need a 7 CH RX in order to use that menu. As Nick mentioned, using GEAR EPAs to adjust gain is easiest when using a 6 CH RX.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:56 PM
rotarydoc

Ivan,

Thanks, that did the trick...I'll use the R921 in the SDX, so I will have the gyro menu available on it...

Thanks again guys!

Glenn
Old 06-07-2010, 11:15 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear the travel adjusts worked.

Nick
Old 06-08-2010, 02:04 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I finished the testing on my Velocity. It is now 3D ready. During the testing process I realized I forgot to program my engine kill switch. I also saw the pushrods are binding a little on the blade grip control arms at the positive extremes.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:02 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I was searching Helifreak for any info on the blade grip control arms. It turns out my first flybarless head had the new control arms that I like and my second had the old control arms. It looks like Helidirect might be getting the new control arms in because they and Amainhobbies are sold out of the control arms.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:05 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear the FBL is coming around now....

That is kinda strange that the first kit had the newer arms, and the second one had the old design...[&o]

I just got done putting the 450 Pro back together. I was setting up the radio, and I heard a clicking when I spun the rotor head...turns out the TT drive gear that is driven off the auto gear has a couple of teeth missing...

I know when it happened, I had a little tail strike at the horse track, there was a mound of sand there on the ground I didn't notice until it was flinging sand everywhere...

So much for the break-away TT saving the TT gears...maybe it would on a big crash, but it didn't here...had to tear the front gearbox out of it...kind of a PITA with the way I have my wiring...but it's done now.

Now I can get on to fine tuning the 9503 to this heli...

Then I'll have 2 down, 3 to go...

I was thinking/hoping that I could just copy the settings from the DX6i over to the 9503....but no way...everything is all different, basically have to start from scratch on everything..

Good luck when you go for your 3D test flight...any idea when?

Glenn

Old 06-08-2010, 10:36 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah those gears are a pain to replace.

I have been almost working full time, so I haven't had much time to fly. I plan on flying Thursday, Friday, or both days. My quarter ends on Wednesday and then I have a month off of school. So I plan on flying as much as I can.

Nick
Old 06-09-2010, 02:31 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Nick, THANK YOU for the phone call! Enjoy your MONTH off, you deserve a break forsure!

Today I got to take out my 450 Pro. I also put two packs through the old foamie plank the "Apprentice". Then finally I got a flight on the 600 T-REX. Replacing the head dampeners was the ticket! She is smooth as glass now and the blades hold their tracking.

HeliHobby just called and my 500 tail box came in OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$, so I am stopping by and picking it up on the way home tonight. Now I have everything to rebuild it, about $200.00 plus in damages to the 500. I will bring her back and then do my Blade 400's. I got a shipment of "budget" parts from HK, ESC's, servos, blades and such and will rebuild the (2) 400's cheaply. The ESC's and servos I saw a guy using at the field and he flies 3D but a bit slower like a soft dance with heli. It was quit impressive. He has been in hobby he said 20 years and said he is done with the high end parts and now only flies clones and HK electrics. Well thats it from California...OUT.

Glenn,
100% right on the DX6i and the JR, it is different that the DX6i to the DX7........you cannot do a direct transfer of information, the radios work differently. Glad to hear your 450 Pro is coming back too. OBTW, my 9257 on the 500 stripped it's nylon gears in the tail end crash. The new gears cost $13.00 .........................what a rip. Blade 400 nylon gears cost $4.00, go figure right. Good luck with the SDX.

JPEE
Old 06-09-2010, 05:43 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear the new dampners helped out the 600.

I got out of school early today, so I went out and flied. My Velocity is flying pretty good. I noticed a couple of things that need adjustment. The tail is pretty slow, so I have to speed that up. Then the heli kind of bobs up and down in forward/backward flight. It isn't that bad that I can't live with it. I think I know what I need to adjust to fix that. I also increased the cyclic rate on both helis and it makes a pretty loud and cool popping noise. My engine doesn't seem to bog anymore.

Nick
Old 06-09-2010, 06:00 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

OUCH...man, a $200 crash...that's scary! Did you have to get the entire tailbox? How much was that?

Glad the 600 is better with new dampers...nice and smooth...cool.

Looks like you have some rebuild work to do!

Nick,

Sounds like the Velocity is getting better all the time....it does take some fine tuning with the V-bar to get them just like you want...

Are you able to make adjustments at the field, can't remember if you have a laptop or not?

Cool on the cyclic rates, and the nice pop....it's amazing how loud and sharp that noise can be...Justin flies with alot of pop...and it's pretty impressive to see and hear... There was a LOT of that going on at the fun fly last weekend..

I put the 450 Pro aside, I have to watch the Finless build vid again to do the Align GP750....it's way different than the GY401's....I forgot how to set it up...

So I'll try to get alot done on the SDX tonight, the throttle servo, figure out the RX pack mounting, new fuel filter and get around to the SHCS in the frame finally.

Hopefully, all will be ready for the weekend. It's raining now, so I can't fly anything... I have yet to fly a heli with the 9503 yet...[&o]

Congrats on your long break from school..

Glenn
Old 06-09-2010, 06:03 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Almost forgot...finally had time to upload the final vids from the fun fly last weekend...

One is a short one of "Team Hirobo" flying that crazy scale fuslage heli...lol....and one of Justin flying his Logo 600...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJr7DjtxJ9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L6x2B0EGT4

Both kinda got cut off...I was running low on memory...so kept them short...

Enjoy...

Glenn
Old 06-09-2010, 06:16 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I can't make adjustments at the field. I thought about getting the little hand held unit from Mikado, but I didn't. I just have desktops at home.

I was having fun doing tic tocs really low to the ground today. Normally I didn't do that because I was afraid of loosing power and hit the ground, but with the Vbar I don't have to worry about that. I also forgot to mention that I am really enjoying the Outrage receiver battery. It was working great on the Velocity today and I still had all the lights on the regulator after flying today. I also did my first auto with the Velocity. With this new one way bearing it just floats to the ground. I was enjoying doing autos with my last few flights of the day.

It sounds like you will be busy working on the helis too.

I will have to wait till I get off work to watch your videos.

Nick
Old 06-09-2010, 06:30 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That would be cool to get the hand held unit from Mikado, they seem pretty cool, and easier and cheaper than a laptop PC to take with you to the field.

Cool on the low tic tocs, and that you have the confidence now to do them lower...sounds like the V-bars are working well for you..

Thanks for the mini review on the Outrage receiver battery, that makes me feel better now that I know it's working well for you...I hope to get more than 5 flights in without losing all my green lights...[&o]

I think the combination of the power hungry Align servos, and the 2 in 1 built in glow ignitor makes alot of demand on my RX pack.

Cool on the autos, and congrats on your first one with the Velocity!

Check the vids when you have time...they are no match for the ones of Bert and Bobby...

Glenn
Old 06-09-2010, 07:58 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick, Glenn,

Glenn, the tail box I picked up today complete with gears $52.56 with tax. Yes this is the overall most expensive crash in my RC history. This crash and two orders at HK for batteries and stuff I am down this month $700.00 in RC stuff. Oops, I forgot the new charger, so now we are at $950.00 for the month. I think I just made myself sick [:'(][X(][&o]after reading this line

Nick, everytime I read how much work that V-Bar is to tweek and tune, I say JPEE...thats not for you, live with a flybar. I know when your done it will be tops but what a lot of work. Tonight when I picked up my new tail box I bought some Deans for my new batteries and new charger leads. I cant wait to fire that puppy up.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98963.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1450911  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.