Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 06:41 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

I got into another crash with the CPP. The flybar was bent, the skid broke, and there was a little nick on the blades. I bent back the flybar and glued the skid and it flew like normal. Now that I know I can bend back the flybar the only thing I have to worry about is blades breaking in a crash.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:52 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Sorry to hear about the crash... But like ya said, cheaper to learn the 3-D stuff on the CPP than the Rex, and quicker for a rebuild among that ! I always wondered if a guy could mod-up a carbon fiber flybar... Kinda like what Gary did for the CX2...(Goldslinger). For the CPP I'am not sure if it would work well, or if it would put more stress on the next weakest link...

Anyway, The RC event was awesome ! Forget the Trex 700 someday, I fell in love with the Trex 600 Nitro Pro...Wow...Pure art and performance right there ! Here is a small video of the event, and some pics... I took over 130 pics, and massive video. Just need to spend some time to make one of the heli's. This one is a mix, and did it very quickly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH2-TrgmJi8

Take care,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46424.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1032739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69597.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1032740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17864.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1032741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68139.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1032742   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56334.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1032743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82180.jpg
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	1032744  
Old 09-13-2008, 07:58 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Hey, glad to hear that you are combining your tricks, that would sure make flying alot more fun...I only have a few things that I do when I fly so far. But I am slowly adding things here and there.

Work sucked today...but I'm glad I'm done...now I don't have to work on Saturday for another month....which is GOOD.

At least I am making alot of money...I will be able to do the work on the Subauru soon...and get it all fixed up, and ready to go. I can't imagine how many more helis and stuff I would have now if it wasn't for this new car...LOL

I am getting pretty fed up with trying to find a place to fly. There is some really weird thing going on at the horse track field...they set up this box in the field, which is part of a truck...hard to explain, but it's right in my flying field!!!

More and more of the places I fly are occupied, and my baseball field has been converted to a football field, goal posts (in the way) and all...

So, am pretty sure I am going to join my flying club very soon. As a matter of fact, Rob emailed me today, and wanted to go flying or work on helis....but I had to work.

I am going to get back in touch with him, join the AMA, and join the club, I do believe....it's kinda expensive, but not really, if I have a good, reliable place to fly when I want to.

And hopefully, I'll meet some new people and make friends there.

Rob asked me if he could fly the Quark, he's very interested in how it flies...of course I will let him, when we get together...

Let me send this...

Glenn
Old 09-13-2008, 07:58 PM
J-MICHAEL

Also the two Fathers of the Trex-line at the show........

Have a good one,

~ Jeff

Name:	Ay74077.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1032749  
Old 09-13-2008, 08:05 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry to hear about the crash, but it sounds like it was a minor one...and you got it fixed quickly. Anyone trying all the new stuff you are is bound to crash some in the process...

Thinking about letting Rob fly the Quark, I got it out (and dusted it off..LOL) for a spin. The cat knocked it off the shelf a while back, and broke one blade, but that is no biggie. I put a new blade on it and took it out.

It really does not like wind at all...it was pretty windy when I first tried it earlier. But, after the wind died down, I was reminded why it's the most fun helicopter I have, hands down...it just flat out fun to fly!

I didn't get a chance to fly anything else, really, since most of my flying places for the bigger helis are now so difficult to access. I flew the Quark in the baseball field parking lot...which is not big enough for anything else that I fly. It would be OK for the Gaui, if I was really careful not to let it get away from me.

I have a bunch of stuff to do around the house tomorrow, but I'm still going to try to meet with Rob if he has time....and hopefully join the club.

How is your evening going?

Glenn
Old 09-13-2008, 09:17 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That would be interesting to test out a carbon flybar. I was thinking about making a longer one to increase the cyclic response like Nick Maxwell and Kyle Stacy did. I am really suprised I didn't need any new parts after the crash except a new paper clip pin. The mainshaft and spindle weren't bent. I am thinking that is because of the bearing dampners. Those are cool pictures. It sounded like a great event and I wish I could see one someday. When I have time I will watch the video.

Glenn,

I have another puffed battery. I checked the voltage on the cell and it is 4.23V. OVERVOLTAGE. I am thinking it is because of my balancer. I am going to email the company and see what they think. It was the same balancer that made my other battery puffed. This time it is very easy to see and I will get a picture of it.

Sorry to hear about your day at work and not being able to fly at your normal spots. Cool to hear you are thinking about joining your local flying club. You should have a good time there.

On RCGroups some one found some upgrade blades for the Quark, but I didn't read too much about them.

I was bored today, so I built a voltmeter to read the individual cells of my batteries at once and display it on a LCD. I just got done with the programming and I have to adjust some readings and it is done. I will get some pictures of that too.

Have fun flying with Rob.

Nick

Old 09-13-2008, 09:28 PM
evdreamer

The first pictures is the voltmeter. Then the last ones is my second puffed battery.

Name:	Ec87622.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1032797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25757.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1032798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88649.jpg
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1032799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91925.jpg
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1032800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58630.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1032801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32120.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1032802  
Old 09-13-2008, 09:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

That's crazy with your battery ordeal ?! Man, you need to find the cause asap... That's gonna start getting expensive, and taking away from the Rex 600 fund... Yeah the show was so neat, it makes the 450 size heli's look like little toys to hover in the bathroom. I'am soooooooo impressed with the stability watching in real-life rather than You-Tube !

Alright, I'am off to play on G4....(Glenn's fault)

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 09-13-2008, 09:51 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I have changed my mine on the T-Rex 600 again. I think I will wait on that once I have a full time job. Now my attention is towards the T-Rex 250. I think I would fly that more since I can just walk out the back door and go fly compared to having to go to a field and fly the T-Rex 600.

Yeah I am getting sick of having more puffed batteries. I just emailed the company about my balancer. I think it is that because my other puffed battery happened with that balancer. And my other balancer is doing fine with no puffed batteries.

Have fun on G4.

Nick
Old 09-13-2008, 10:30 PM
evdreamer

I got my voltmeter working for a 2 cell battery now and it wouldn't take much to get a 3 cell working. The only bad thing is the main chip is only accurate to +/-.03V. I have another one that is much more accurate, but I haven't worked all the bugs out of that one.

Name:	Xv63753.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	1032857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58718.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	1032858  
Old 09-13-2008, 10:57 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That was a cool video. It looked like you got a shot of a $5000+ jet. And did one of the airplanes have a variable pitch propeller?

Nick
Old 09-14-2008, 12:12 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Wow, sorry to hear about your second battery pack...it's got to be something with that balancer, almost for sure...I hope the company will respond and maybe help you out with it. I have never had a battery do that yet, so it's got to be something with that balancer, since I know you probably take better care of your packs than I do.

That is a very cool voltmeter you made there, good work! You are very good with electronics, I would have no idea how to build that unless I had directions right in front of me...

I think you would enjoy a T-Rex 250 alot more than a 600 right now....as you said, you can just fly it in your backyard and have lots of fun with it there. That would be very cool.

Rob emailed me back, and we might get together tomorrow. He was saying that he thought that AMA membership runs from Jan to Dec, regardless of when you join, does that sound right to you?

Anyways, with the AMA fees and the club fees, it will cost me about $130 to join the flying club. But, it's pretty cool, because I will have my own key to the gate, and can fly even if no one else is there.

It's a little bit of a drive, probably about 5 miles I would guess, but that's not bad for having a place that I know I can fly when I want to.

I think it will be worth it.

Hope you can get some flying in tomorrow...

Glenn
Old 09-14-2008, 12:19 AM
JPEE

Hello evdreamer,

After Rotarydoc got his Quark and was so pleased I got one two. I noticed your mentionof the possible blade upgrade and would really really really like to be able to read that info. I am not familure with the site you mentioned but I got there I ran the site and looked around but did not see a clear search engine in their site to try and locate that Quark thread. If you see it again I would appreciate PM as to the location of that information.

Many Thanks, JPee
Old 09-14-2008, 12:33 AM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Just a quick THANK-YOU for sharing with Rotarydoc the info on the G4 downloads for new aircraft !!!! As he passed it on to me. I couldn't thank-you enough... I also figured out how to record my sessions and put them on You-Tube... Amazing stuff....

Take care guy,

~ Jeff
Old 09-14-2008, 12:52 AM
JPEE

Hello J MICHAEL,

Thanks for the kudos, but after all thats why we are all here...................to support one another right!

It is awsome thats for sure. My good friend Rotorydoc is downloading his brains out there. It is I think for all of of us like being a in the LHS with a free pass LOL. I'll have to check that out on the youtube download, sounds very interesting. How are you listed so I can find it?

Smiles JPee

Old 09-14-2008, 12:55 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I hope the balancer company will do something about it. Maybe I should just make my own balancer with an over voltage protection. LOL Any other battery I get in the future will be a Thunder Power V2 or Air Thunder. They say their batteries can't puff, so that would be great. But I don't think they make batteries for the CPP, just the 450 size and up. But Thunder Power makes a Pro-lite version for the CPP, but it still can puff. I just don't seem to have luck with LiPo's.

Yeah my voltmeter seemed to change values between my CX battery and my CPP value. But it is only .03V off from the real voltage. I left it on there for awhile and it seemed to balance the cells out.

My AMA membership expires December 31. I will try to look up when I purchased it. Have fun flying with Rob tomorrow. That is cool you can fly when no one is at the club. It is the same for mine, but mine is like 9 miles away. I am thinking about joining next year. In the mean time I will use my 3 free visits as a visitor per year. My flying club is having a fun fly for the president of the clubs birthday next Sunday. I am thinking about going there and see what they think about helicopters. Since most of them fly airplanes except a couple of people I don't know how they will react. The president there said there is a spot where I could fly if I wanted too.

That sounds like a good idea joining your local flying club since what is going on with your previous flying spots.

Nick
Old 09-14-2008, 01:15 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Rob emailed me back, and we might get together tomorrow. He was saying that he thought that AMA membership runs from Jan to Dec, regardless of when you join, does that sound right to you?

Glenn
Glenn,

I got mine on March 20, so it sounds like Rob is right. I paid $19 for mine, so there might be a discount for joining later. Then next year it would be full cost.

Nick
Old 09-14-2008, 02:03 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hello J MICHAEL,

Thanks for the kudos, but after all thats why we are all here...................to support one another right!

It is awsome thats for sure. My good friend Rotorydoc is downloading his brains out there. It is I think for all of of us like being a in the LHS with a free pass LOL. I'll have to check that out on the youtube download, sounds very interesting. How are you listed so I can find it?

Smiles JPee

JPEE ~

I haven't put any to save yet on You-Tube.... But will shortly when I can squeeze some time in. If you look back a few posts, you can see a You-Tube link of mine that will direct you to my account however.... It's from an RC event I attended Saturday A.M.

But if you go here ..... Crap... Actually the guy removed it from You-Tube... I was going to give ya a link that shows a step by step tutorial on what program to use, and how to record and save your G4 flights on You-Tube....Hmmmm... Weird to, cause he just put it up a few days ago.... I think I may still have the info, and remember how to do this... It's only been a few days that I downloaded the Re-coder that records the flights, & converts them...If you or Glenn are interested, just let me know and I'll throw up the info for you guys... It was his password to his program and everything... Maybe You-Tube banned him from doing that ? I wrote it down though somewhere around here scratched on some scrap paper......

Yes, thanks again...

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-14-2008, 08:55 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

well no flying for me for about 2 weeks, this week is going to be busy as hell, this upcoming saturday is our wedding then we go on a honeymoon for about 1 week, then we are finally moving into our first house, I guess I will only be flying the walkera 4#3b in the apartment and such for now untill everything is done.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:22 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding...I don't guess I'd be doing much heli flying if I was getting married on Saturday either!! LOL

I know you'll be happy when you get in the new house, and can fly in out back.

I hope you have a great wedding and honeymoon!

Hope the Civic relay repair lasts for you also.

It's too darn hot to fly today here, maybe later on when the sun goes down...I thought all this HOT weather was behind us...but not quite yet, I guess.

I can't wait until it gets cooler, and is about 55 or 60 degrees during the day, then it will be perfect for flying helis.

Glenn
Old 09-14-2008, 03:27 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I was looking at the AMA website, and it looks like I can do what's called an introductory membership, which must be what you did? It's good for 3 months, and it costs 19.95....so that would take me until almost year's end, and then I could renew for next year then.

It says you get all the benefits, so it should work for my club. I'll ask Rob to be sure. It is so hot here, I have no desire to go out flying until maybe later. I am supposed to call Rob here in a few, and see what he's doing. He said he might be at the field today for a while. I will probably go up the field anyways....as I am curious which direction the field is facing...whether it's facing west, which would be a problem flying in the evenings.

I wish my field/club offered a vistor's pass, but Rob never mentioned anything about it. I would hate to pay the money and find out for some reason I don't like it....but I think it will be cool.

Hope you got some flying in today. I hope I get some in later on.

Glenn
Old 09-14-2008, 03:52 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

When you sign up you get a credit card size piece of paper and mine says associate member on it. Mine might be cheaper because of my age. I really can't remember since I joined in March.

The temp here is the exact opposite. It has been in the 50-60s most of last week and today. Have fun at the field.

I think the reason my field has a visiting pass is because they give introductory flight lessons for people interested in the hobby and to see the events offered there. So after they fly on a buddybox and see an event or two they will probably join. I think you will have a lot of fun there because I sure had fun with the one time I went up to mine. If only I brought my helicopters.

I won't be able to fly today because it is really windy and I have to go to work soon. But good news is my CPP upgrades should be here tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Nick
Old 09-14-2008, 05:39 PM
JPEE

Hello Jeff,

Without any time or trouble "if" you find the info then yes I would like to look into it, but a no bother to you. You can either post or PM.

Today is the first time in weeks the responce to a thread on this Forum has worked and sent me an email that there has been a reply. So should you post then please (just in case) drop a PM to say its up please.

Good Flying.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:11 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

thanks alot glenn, I can't wait to go on vacation for a week, I haven't been on a vacation in a very very long time, to tell you the truth I can't wait untill everyone is done, wedding and moving in so everything can get back to normal. As far as the civic I drove it around today and it started every time lol werid how cars are. I flew about 15 packs in the walkera heli today been going through withdrawals of the cp pro since it is now packed up, but I have been practing side in hovering and im pretty decent at it now, got acouple of nose in hovering in, but after about 8 seconds I lost control of them, I just got to remember the controls are backwards when you do nose in, I'll eventually get there. This little heli has been helping me alot though with the cp pro, because about a month ago I could never hover that thing in my kitchen, no its no problem. How is everyone else doing, hope all is well.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:06 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hello Jeff,

Without any time or trouble "if" you find the info then yes I would like to look into it, but a no bother to you. You can either post or PM.

Today is the first time in weeks the responce to a thread on this Forum has worked and sent me an email that there has been a reply. So should you post then please (just in case) drop a PM to say its up please.

Good Flying.
JPEE ~

I found the piece of paper with only a partial of the guys password that I used to 'activate' and register the program that will convert and recode G4's recorded flights into what ever file you wish to convert to... I must have just added the rest, directly from his You-Tube video which says has been removed... I can get you started though on what program it is, and its called ZD Soft Game Recoder 2.0..... You open it up, then open up G4.... Then you just hit F9 and it picks up a game is in process, and records until you hit F9 again...

You might have to do a little digging to see if you can find anyone's activation code anywhere, but it sure is neat... I'll also see what I can find out too... Computers are my weakness, so bare with me, but we'll get it..... I'am not one to give up.... And its no burden what so ever, so don't worry about it my friend...

Have a good one,

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.