Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:01 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

Are you wondering about the diameter or the length of the mainshaft? The diameter should be a standard sized. The length of a T-Rex mainshaft is 116mm. The top and bottom holes are 4mm from the end from the center of the hole.

That is good you like your transmitter case.

Nick
Old 06-18-2010, 03:55 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the specs on the mainshaft. I'll check it out when I get home...

This thing has managed to turn into a nightmare again, I took it out at lunchtime, and did a test hover, didn't even fly it...and it has a vibration that shakes the entire helicopter violently, the whole thing is blurry...

Just took it apart for a checkover, and it bent the mainshaft badly...I think it bent right off the bat, because the vibration started right away...

I have no idea...[&o]

I'll report later....

Not quite what I had in mind...

Glenn
Old 06-18-2010, 04:50 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I bought the CAD software last night. I was able to download it, so I wouldn't have to wait on shipping. I went for the next version up, since it had features I would want to use later and it would be cheaper than upgrading from the base version. It has a sheet metal option that I wanted to use, but it only bends straight lines and not curve lines like I need for an airplane. I am getting used to it now, so I can start designing some stuff.

Sorry your heli vibrated even more.

Nick
Old 06-18-2010, 09:51 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That CAD software sounds cool...hope it will do all you need it to do for you...

It's cool that you could download it, instead of having to wait for it in the mail.

I think the future of computing is what they call "cloud computing" where basically your programs are all online, and you won't need to store them on a hard drive on your computer anymore...or so they say...you just go online, and your stuff is already there.

Well, I've had it with the B400 for a while. It can sit there in the corner.

I thought I found a bent rotor head, so I replaced it, which was kinda a PITA...then it looked all good to go...

Took it out for a test hover...still had a vibration, and then put in idle up, and it was severe....again...then, I all of a sudden lost the rudder...and it started to spin...I got it down with a hard landing OK...

I can't find a reason for the tail to have failed. The belt is very loose, yet nothing seems missing, broken or anything. I can't move the tailboom, so I don't think it slipped out of adjustment.

I am seriously considering getting rid of it, and either stockpiling parts for the 450 Pro, or maybe look into a 450 sport. I still love the 450 sized helis, since I have alot more opportunities to fly them locally on weeknights.

Hope your weekend is going well...

I am going to get the other helis ready for tomorrow, I think I'm going to MHA.

The B400 can sit in the corner, where it belongs...lol...[&o]

Glenn
Old 06-18-2010, 10:42 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I had a schematic view of an Edge 540, but I am having trouble trying to size all the views to be the same size to scale it. I might buy the manual of a full size kit plane, since it has dimensions on it. However, that is kind of expensive, so I might have to wait awhile. The cool thing about this software is you can make a manual like the helis have with exploded views and schematics. I can also export pics out in a pdf.

Here is a simple aileron rib I made and didn't care about the dimensions.

Sorry about your B400.

Nick
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Vt56729.pdf (78.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-19-2010, 04:32 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is cool that you can import your CAD projects to a PDF...looks nice!!

I can imagine the manual for a full size plane would be expensive...

That latest go around with the B400 will be my last....

Just got back from Hobby Hangar....

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31614.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1455465  
Old 06-19-2010, 05:09 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool on the new heli. Will the B400's be going on Ebay soon?

I worked on the cowl of an Edge 540 last night. I found out last night in that PDF you can spin the part 360 degrees.

I picked up 2 gallons and some more glow plugs today. I also got my build videos today.

Nick
Old 06-19-2010, 08:38 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks...I am down to one B400, I kinda combined the two into one a while back...and was trying to make one good one out of both of them, so I have a ton of spare parts.

I am going to try to see if Rob or anyone on here (JPEE, jreue) wants it for parts.

I'm defnitely going to keep the electronics, my JR DS285 MG's and the GY401, 9257 rudder servo...might have a use for them later on.

If no one here or Rob wants the stuff, (he's actually on a B400 kick, got a couple of them...) it'll go on eBay...I am officially done with my B400's...and I kinda hate to see it go in a way...I learned a lot from it, and for the most part, it's been a pretty good heli. But the frustration level with those vibrations just got to be too much.

I guess you could say the B400 and I got in a fight...and it won! [X(] For the life of me, I can't figure out how it's bending main shafts just hovering the helicopter....and I no longer care....lol...

I just got back from MHA. I flew the 450 Pro, the 500, and the SDX. I got Justin to test out the SDX with a bit of mild 3D, and it did well, he was impressed with how stable it is. It seems to roll slowly, so it may be good for me to start with. It has all the weight still in the paddles, so that is helping make it slower to roll, and very stable.

I got some video, I'll post it later on.

Cool on the cowl on a 540, and discovering the 360 spin...

Cool on the fuel and glow plugs, you should be set for this coming week...

I'll think twice about going to Hobby Hangar next time...the traffic was just unbelieveable, it took me 4 hours to get there and back......and it's only 55 miles away. I think this area is in the top 5 worst traffic areas in the country...and I believe it.

I won't post build pics, since you guys have already seen the ones from last 450 Pro.

The new one has the GP 780 gyro, and a motor that is supposed to run cooler, and still make the same power. I hope the bearings are better in it as well...

Glenn
Old 06-19-2010, 10:15 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool you got to fly and have Justin do some 3D with your SDX.

Have fun with the build. That is smart keeping the electronics. It would be cheaper keeping them and not having to buy them again.

I have been watching the airplane videos. It is interesting seeing how a plane is built. It is just a little two seater plane. They are kind of like the Finless version of planes. I have barely scratched the surface. I have 11 disks left and they are all about 2 hours long.

Nick
Old 06-19-2010, 10:49 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, it's good to have someone with experience fly some moves first...before I find out the hard way something wasn't setup right...

The build should be fun, I always enjoy building new helis. Yeah, it's not worth it to basically give the electronics away, because you never get your money back out of them, and I know they are all still good. I have found that used RC helicopter parts are not worth much...[&o]

I basically gave away my Outrage XP25 batteries for the CPP2's...I had 3 of them and they were barely used, probably 30 flights each, maximum, if that...I thought they would bring a little bit at least...I started the auction at .99 cents...it had one bid, for .99 cents ...it cost me more to run the auction on eBay than I got for them...and then had to pack and ship them...

I gave it alot of thought before I went with another 450 Pro, but it basically came down to 2 things...an article I read by Bert Kamerer stating that it's a real good idea when learning new moves, to stick with one helicopter, (or in my case, 2 nearly identical ones) so you are as familiar as you can be with the heli, and then can concentrate more on the moves...it was difficult switching from the B400 to the 450 Pro back to back packs, there was an adjustment period on each flight...that, and I'll only need to keep parts for one version of the heli...if I had gone with the Sport, some of the stuff is different of course, and that makes it harder to "stock" parts...

Sounds like those videos are very cool. I'll bet there is alot to building a real plane. More than you would think. I can't imagine videos on real helicopters...[X(]

I hope you enjoy the videos, and they help you with your CAD projects too...

Glenn
Old 06-19-2010, 11:02 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Here's a couple of videos from today at MHA.

The first one is of the SDX, just getting more used to it, and the radio...and how everything feels and reacts...it's still really rich in this vid, as you can see...time to start leaning it out for a bit more power...

It looks best in HD of course....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM-bipyFGd0

Then here's a video of something I've been working on for a while now....still needs some work, but I'm real happy with it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mwisnIKZoM

All in all it was a great day!

Glenn

Old 06-20-2010, 10:20 AM
JPEE

Glenn, good morning. I got up and my iphone had a message saying you posted some vids. WOW you really did well on the backwards circles. I wouldnt worry about the one 3rd one with a dip, you are really coming along nicley.
The SDX, dude that flight should have been called the Maryland "great american smoke out". LOL I all kinddign aside that heli looks great and like you said early on the idle is great too. You can clearly see the power that puppy has to give when your ready to use it. Good luck and enjoy.

Godda run now, tons to do. The kitchen arrives tomorrow. I read todays posting tomorrow while waiting for the truck.

JPEE
Old 06-20-2010, 02:33 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Thanks for the compliments! I have been working on those circles for a few weeks now...they are getting better all the time. I can't do them the other way very well though, so that is next on my list...

Yeah, the nitros will really fill up a field with smoke quickly, especially when the carb is set rich like mine is in the video. That was just about the last of my 2nd gallon of fuel, so I can start leaning it out a bit for some more power, and less smoke.

The 450 Pro build is going well, all I have done so far is the head, you basically have to disassemble it, and grease the thrust bearings, and loctite everything.

I considered both the 450 Sport, and the clones, and decided to just go with another "genuine" Align 450 Pro, the Pro over the Sport for reasons I mentioned above...

I just got back from meeting Rob at the plane field...and unloaded my B400 today! That saved me a bunch of hassle listing it on eBay. So much easier.

LOL, Thursday, I would not have belived it if someone told me I'd have a new Align 450 Pro, and no B400 by Sunday!![X(]

HOT and WINDY here, I may go to MHA later on, but still have some stuff to do here, usual Sunday stuff...

Hope you are getting ready for your kitchen stuff tomorrow...good luck with that huge project!

Glenn
Old 06-20-2010, 04:58 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Congrats on the backwards circle. I think backwards flight is more fun the forwards flight.

I just got off of work and I have to go back for the 3rd shift tonight.[&o]

Nick
Old 06-20-2010, 11:40 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the congrats...and yeah, backwards is alot of fun, now that I'm gettting a little better at it...

Owww...sorry for the double shift...I hope you get some overtime out of that!

I went to MHA today, and flew the SDX, and the 500 some. Had a little close call on the SDX, my first backflip didn't go so well....lol...but no crash, I saved it at the last minute. I think alot of it was my timing being off, the SDX rolls very slowly, and I'm much more used to the 450 timing on rolls and flips...so I need to work on that, and I think increase the roll rate on the swash mix, and take some weight out of the paddles. It rolls REALLY slow.

Justin had a good day of practice. He increased the "pitch pump" on the 600N's V-bar setup, and he's loving it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R86zlmQ54Z4

Then, he decided to do a bit of trimming the grass at MHA at the end of his Logo flight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MdyQlFumOk

I met a couple of new friends at MHA today as well...so it was a great day overall...

Didn't get anything more done on the 450 Pro....gonna work on that this week.

Hope your double shift isn't too long.

Glenn
Old 06-21-2010, 01:13 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is good you were able to save your SDX. That is cool you had a fun day at MHA.

Both of my shifts are/were 8 hours long. Luckily I like this shift.

Nick
Old 06-21-2010, 08:17 AM
JPEE

Nick, congratulations on your new CAD program! The first drawing is awsome. You are going to develope some masterful skills with that. Like Glenn, sorry about a double shift, thats a killer, don't over do and catch up and get some rest.

Glenn, great videos, all fours. Cool on the new Pro too. You know the last time I crashed and had to reapir some stuff and then after tipping Mikes tail rotor and stripping his gears anf haveing to tear that thing down I think I will make a change I DONT want to. All of my wires are run sinde the frame and in and out of the tail boom frame box. What a bitc* to get it out and not damage those wires. So I will run the wires outside the frame so as to make the removel smoother and faster to work on TT stuff. And I will add that since I put the 500 landing gear on there she sits nice and high which has been benificial too. Glad your having fun now and have a group of guys to hang with. GOOD riddens to the 400 I say. However I would have liked a chance to trouble shoot that thing. I know like myself you know the 400 with your eyes closed but a second pari of eyes can see other things sometimes. Let me know what Rob turns on the please.
OK I am gone to go meet the Kitche Cabinet truck between 8-5 p.m. How nice of them to keep me sitting there the whole day right? And this Friday is Judy's retirement party at work. Then she will go back M T W to clear up a few files and she is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPEE
Old 06-21-2010, 04:44 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Did you bring any helis to fly while waiting for the truck to arrive?

Nick
Old 06-21-2010, 07:48 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

Did you bring any helis to fly while waiting for the truck to arrive?

Nick
Nick, you R so funny...........of course, here at the house is where my fleet is hangered! I have "everything here to fly". You can almost see my fleet here for the kitchen in boxes.
JPEE

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	eb86906.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	1456666   Click image for larger version

Name:	gb88843.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	1456667  
Old 06-21-2010, 10:56 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Thanks for the compliments on the videos...if I take many more, I'll almost be able to justify a REAL video camera....the Webbie is cool, but it's very difficult to keep in frame...maybe next spring or something...

I hear ya on routing the wiring outside the frame....much easier...and we aren't entering any heli shows with these things after all...lol...

I would not subject anyone to the torture of finding that vibration in the B400...[X(] I hope Rob doesn't spend too much time chasing it down...and if he does find it, I don't want to know...lol...I'd rather just leave it be...

Cool on the kitchen progress....I know you'll be glad when that is done and behind you! Good luck with everything!

Nick,

How's the CAD program?

Isn't tomorrow your flying day? Hope you have good weather.

I flew today, only one pack....only one heli...[&o]

I was trying out a new setup that Justin is getting me to adapt to...basically flat throttle curves in idle up, rather than the traditional "V" curves...I like it so far...

Hope you get some flying in....

Glenn
Old 06-21-2010, 10:56 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I have been offered to put on another demo at an airplane museum on Wednesday. It is the same place I did demos last year. I don't know if my airplane friend will be able to show up, but they are trying to get some RC plane pilots to come.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 PM
9sec240

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

That is cool that you can import your CAD projects to a PDF...looks nice!!

I can imagine the manual for a full size plane would be expensive...

That latest go around with the B400 will be my last....

Just got back from Hobby Hangar....

Glenn
Glenn, you are going to love that heli!! The B400s are a PITA. I thought you had a Pro already though.

EDIT.. just looked at your sig. Pro Pro!! very nice.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:05 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I haven't been working with the CAD program for awhile and have been watching my videos.

Tomorrow is a work day for me, so I won't be flying. There have been some really bad storms here lately. I have heard there has been flooding in the town my field is located. I also had hail damage to my car.

Nick
Old 06-21-2010, 11:42 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the vids...sounds like there are a lot of them...

Sorry for your work schedule.

Those sound like some terrible storms....sorry for the hail damage to your car..[&o]

Must have been some big hailstones!

Hope you get to fly later on in the week...

Glenn
Old 06-21-2010, 11:47 PM
rotarydoc

Ivan,

Thanks...and yeah, I love my current Pro so much, I got another...makes quick back to back, after work practice possible...let one cool while flying the other one, can usually manage 4 packs like that in an evening...

Almost went with a Sport, but this will keep my practice more consistent...

I won't miss the B400 much...but, it did teach me a lot...so I can't knock it too much...but time to move on!

This build is going just as smoothly as the first, Align quality is as great as ever! (minus a few motor issues on the first one...)

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.