Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 08:45 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

OK....thanks anyways...

I was just thinking after that happened that a governor might mask a lean condition like that...which could actually be kinda bad...

I think I'll get my engine and temp issues well straightened out before I jump into a governor.

I really don't need one at this time anyways, I'm not doing anything that it would really help me with. One time when Justin was flying it, it did overspeed a bit in flight, when he unloaded it a bit from a manuver, but it was no big deal really.

Sorry you have to work tonight. When I go in tomorrow morning, it's gonna feel like I never left...[&o]

Glenn
Old 07-12-2010, 06:22 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Aww, you guys are killing me with all the flying your getting!!

Well, no internet yet - was hoping this past weekend but will have to wait till next weekend. Grrr. [:@]

Been busy cleaning up the house and reorganizing. My 450 is down b/c on my last spool up I noticed a strange sound coming from the head and upon inspection I had a few loose screws (no pun intended ). Of course my hobby box with my allen drivers is buried under many other boxes in the walk-in closet, so will be really trying to get to that later this afternoon.

We are having the Stanley Steemer guys coming tomorrow morning so will finally get to start moving stuff into the 2 cleaned bedrooms as soon as the carpet dries. Yeyyy!

Till then gotta run,

Keep flying guys!

Mark
Old 07-12-2010, 11:10 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

Aww, you guys are killing me with all the flying your getting!!

Well, no internet yet - was hoping this past weekend but will have to wait till next weekend. Grrr. [:@]

Been busy cleaning up the house and reorganizing. My 450 is down b/c on my last spool up I noticed a strange sound coming from the head and upon inspection I had a few loose screws (no pun intended ). Of course my hobby box with my allen drivers is buried under many other boxes in the walk-in closet, so will be really trying to get to that later this afternoon.

We are having the Stanley Steemer guys coming tomorrow morning so will finally get to start moving stuff into the 2 cleaned bedrooms as soon as the carpet dries. Yeyyy!

Till then gotta run,

Keep flying guys!

Mark
Hi Mark, sorry your stuff is buried ALIVE! your tools mean....lol. Hope you get settled and unpacked soon. We just moved back home last week and its tough. BTW, are you gonna change your login from SC to FL?

JPEE
Old 07-12-2010, 01:43 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Mark,

Glad to hear you are starting to get settled in, anyways...sorry about no internet yet and the tools being buried...but you're getting closer!

Hope you can get the 450 looked at and in the air soon...

Take care,

Glenn
Old 07-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Aframomum

Finally getting unpacked today!!!

Having the carpets Stanley Steamer'd and so will finally get to start moving things to a more permenant place. And get to find my hex drivers! Busy day but well worth it.

Take care,

Mark

Old 07-13-2010, 06:32 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Your request granted!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:44 PM
jroo

I love the post: "sniper?"

hahah

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1f0SfVoZMU&NR=1[/youtube]
Old 07-13-2010, 08:18 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Good to hear you are getting unpacked.

Guys,

I went flying today. They repaved my runway, so no airplanes could fly today. I mainly did scale flying and some high speed passes. It was nice not worrying about crashing.

Nick
Old 07-13-2010, 09:57 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

No flying here today, storms came through...

Mark,

Glad to hear you are finally getting settled in a bit....and I see you adjusted your location!

Nick,

Glad you got some relaxing type flying in today, wiht no planes to boot!

Cool on the high speed passes!

jreue,

Nice total destruction vid there....[X(]

You got me looking on You Tube, and I found this one...

Guys, don't forget your jesus bolt!!!! If this weren't so dangerous, it would be hilarious!! (it's hilarious anyways, since no one got hurt!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uynAl...eature=related

Glenn

Old 07-13-2010, 10:18 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Here's one that gives me the chills....it reminds me a little bit of my Raptor going up....except this one clearly has a problem before things go bad...and mine was in the air..

What is scary, like mine was, is HOW FAST things can go bad...[X(]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko8Yp3Kv6Is

Glenn

Old 07-14-2010, 02:11 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I thought the vid with the head flying off was pretty funny.

My Velocity parts came today and I got most of it assembled. I just have to install the swash driver and blade grip pushrods. I got the new blade grip arms, so that is cool. I will probably test it out tomorrow.

Nick
Old 07-14-2010, 02:56 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on your parts arriving, and a test flight tomorrow. Hope it turns out well. I'm supposed to get a new header tank for the SDX today, since a few guys said they had issues with the RJX one, and mine had a leak right from the get-go. I got a Quick UK one, which everyone seems to rate pretty highly.

I was looking into fuel magnets, but I read too many bad things about them. You have to keep them saturated in fuel all the time, or they dry up and crumble apart, so they say.

That video had me laughing so hard...I have heard of that happening, but never seen it before...funny how the guy follows it all the way to the ground...

In his comments, he says it landed with a nice soft auto...lol...

Glenn
Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good luck with the new header tank.

Nick
Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Good luck with all the new parts on the Velocity.

I won't get to test the SDX until Saturday.

Glenn
Old 07-15-2010, 01:03 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I think I know what happened to the Velocity because it happened again. I try and take off from the grass to avoid getting Nitro on the concrete. However, my grass has been a little tall recently. It stripped the tail gears almost right away. Luckily I found out what was going on before I took off, so I only ruined the tail gears.

Nick
Old 07-15-2010, 01:12 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Wow, I am glad you caught that before it turned into disaster!

That is a huge issue at MHA for my 450's... I am very surprised I haven't stripped any TT gears there on the grass yet. I bought a mat from Walmart to put down for the 450's.

I have not had an issue yet with the SDX, or the 500. Justin pointed out a sloped area on the flight line, and showed me how he always sets his Logo and 600N on the slope so that the tail blades have plenty of clearance from the grass, it was a good tip for sure.

Hope you have some new gears so you can get it back up in the air again soon....

Glenn
Old 07-15-2010, 01:30 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Duh, I guess I haven't had an issue with the SDX, since it's got a tail BELT...

Glenn
Old 07-15-2010, 07:59 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I don't have any gears, but I ordered some from Grand RC and they already shipped out.

Have you ever used a Linux OS? I am taking an online class for Linux and it is interesting. My instructor gave me some commands to try out, but they left out some important commands to use the original commands.

Nick
Old 07-15-2010, 09:05 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry you didn't have any TT gears...[&o]

I have never actually used Linux, but I know a little bit about it...not much....just that it's an open source OS, and that it's not too popular, but most of it's users/supporters are hard core into it. It's open source, so anyone can write programs or apps for it.

Biggest problem is, it's not supported for many popular products, and drivers are hard or impossible to find for alot of hardware.

I also know there are a few different types, like Red Hat, Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.

I have used it on a couple of netbooks in store displays...but that's about it.

I think it is cool, being user supported, it's just not too popular...lots of fiddling to get stuff to work with it in a lot of cases, but that can be fun too..if you make a project out of it.

That's cool that you are taking a class for it.

I flew 2 packs tonight. Would have flown more, but I forgot my extra batteries...

Glenn

Old 07-15-2010, 09:24 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I forgot some stuff...

Have you gotten your July issue of RC Heli magazine? Mine still hasn't come, and I saw it on the newstand yesterday...[&o] I ended up buying a magazine called "RC Heil Pilot" ....looks like a pretty cool magazine so far...I like it.

I just got done mounting and checking the header tank on the SDX. I have a hand held vacuum pump from work for cars, so I brought that home. It works great for testing the fuel system for leaks. Only problem is, when you apply vacuum, it sucks the tank down, and it partially collapses, mine got loose in the frame mounts. It doesn't seem to do any long term damage. I got mine to hold 5 inches of vaccum for hours, so I know there are no leaks...

Have you watched Bobby and Bert's SmackdownRC vids yet? I am going to watch the nitro one tomorrow night. They charge $2.99 for the download, but it's 45 minutes long, and I've been told it's very good...

Glenn
Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys, you two have been very chatty lately LOL.

I know your board but we are still working on the house. They finished the kitchen install yesterday so we have been out looking a tile and granite for the counters.

I did get out to fly at 6:00 a.m. GLENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes were were there at 6:00 am. while it was still cool and crispy clear with blue skies to die for. The 600 is grounded due to the last time I wanted to lift off I heard a bearing screech so it is grounded. The 450 still has that bearing noise somewhere and I think it is a motor bearing as I can slightly take the motor can and move it enought to hear it click click from side to side so I will start there....sometime. Then yesterday DISASTER struck. The 500 came down nose in. When we walked over it did not look to bad. It was a nose and belly in crash. The short of it: New canopy, new main frames, new 6S pack, new blades, straighten head linkage and flybar, replace F and main shafts. I see about $175.00 in damage. All of the gears and parts in the frame and tail complete were 100% safe thank goodness as thats where the real money is. So I have "nothing to fly" but on the upside we cleared up tons of room in the garage now that the kitchen was taken out of there and installed so I can set up a table and get to work.

I have had some thoughts and am looking around for the best deal on frames. I am toying with the idea of buing a HK or EXI 500 that has carbon frames and use the rest of the parts perhaps for back up. The Align frames are $65.00 and for like $99.00 you can but a 500 clone. That would give me frames, mains shaft, complete "backup head", skids, tail fins, boom, boom struts and so on. I dont know yet, I have some homework to do.

Nick, I hope you get the tail drive in soon. A guy I know that flys 450-500-600 TT and he told me he has NEVER stripped a TT gear as he keeps his tail blade loosy goosey, I mean flopping around with no resistance. He is a beater like you and can fly and he too flys at a field with taller grass. Since he told me that I have done that to all of my tail blades and am hoping for good results.

Glenn, I hope you get the SDX flying right too. Today it was 103 and will be there and more this week through Sunday.

JPEE

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	qo39871.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	1468520   Click image for larger version

Name:	bw72822.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	1468521   Click image for larger version

Name:	hm24016.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	1468522   Click image for larger version

Name:	qk21332.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	1468523   Click image for larger version

Name:	eq87693.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1468524   Click image for larger version

Name:	fv26318.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	1468525   Click image for larger version

Name:	ya57788.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1468526   Click image for larger version

Name:	zy83086.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1468527  

Click image for larger version

Name:	nm92092.jpg
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1468528  
Old 07-15-2010, 11:04 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Man, I'm so sorry to see and hear that on the 500...that is still an expensive crash, even though the tail and main gears are OK...[&o]

Yeah, seems like that would be worth looking into, the HK or EXI for a parts heli...I just wonder how the quality of the frames and head parts will be though?

Good luck on the rebuild when you get into it and decide on the path you will take....

I heard it is HOT there, I think you'll have it worse than me this weekend, I'm looking at mid 90's both days...sure doesn't make tuning the SDX any easier!

The SDX flies great, it's just the engine fine tuning that I'm getting down. It think I told you that I took out all the flybar paddle weights last time out...and it was very twitchy like that...I put one set back in...not quite ready for that kind of cyclic response just yet...[X(]

Hope all the kitchen tile and granite and other stuff goes well.....

Glenn
Old 07-15-2010, 11:12 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The only reason I am taking the Linux class is because it is required for my electronic degree. I think this is my last quarter. I applied for an engineering college for next year and I am waiting to hear back from them.

That is cool you got to fly.

I am drilling out my new Velocity canopy. I am installing grommets this time. It didn't take long before the holes started getting bigger on my first canopy. I just have one hole left.

I got my July issue a long time ago and I have had my August issue for awhile of RCHeli.

That is good you don't have any leaks in your fuel system.

I haven't watched any SmackdownRC vids.

JPEE,

Sorry about your helis.

I think I will try and loosen up the tail blades like you. Mine only move with some light pressure. I think the gears in the back aren't as strong as the front ones because those are still fine.

It got up to a 105 here yesterday. Luckily mine won't last as long as your heat wave.

Nick
Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on your last quarter!! I know you are glad for that...and sounds great on the engineering college for next year too...

The grommets should help alot on the new canopy. The vibration will take it's toll on those holes without them, esp on nitro helis. Should be good to go for awhile now.

I'm going to have to email RC Heli, this is ridiculous....and earlier this year they got way behind, then I got like 3 magazines in a 2 week period...[sm=48_48.gif]

I'll let ya know how the Smackdown vid was after I watch it. Seems like a deal for $2.99...probably pick up alot of tips...

I also loosened my tail blades after JPEE told me that, it's a good idea....not sure how much it helps, but it's a good idea anyways...

That is good if your rear gears are weaker, they sure are easier to replace...

Glenn
Old 07-16-2010, 04:59 PM
JPEE

Hi Glenn & Nick,

Glenn, here are some pictures fo my 450 Pro next to a Blade 400 for a show and tell. Meaning I put 500 landing gear on the 450 and it really helped with the "stance" and elevation of the heli's tail from the ground.

For desert I also included a picture of my new 6S packs for the 500 that got 1 3/4 charges before it go killed! It is perfect and even holds a great charge, but homey ain't putting that in a $1200.00 helis and flying with the thing.

If you still have your Rapture and want to sell it for parts, let me know. There is a guy here who two and is always looking for parts.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fd91827.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	1468816   Click image for larger version

Name:	ql34478.jpg
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	1468817   Click image for larger version

Name:	wb74797.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	1468818   Click image for larger version

Name:	nh12577.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	1468819   Click image for larger version

Name:	yj64172.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	1468820   Click image for larger version

Name:	rh66961.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	1468821   Click image for larger version

Name:	ac62164.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	1468822  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.