Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:43 AM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Joey ~

Others will also give you some ideas, but if I was to stray away from Castle Creations for my esc's, I'd go with the Hobbywing brand. Much cheaper, and I've heard nothing but GOOD stuff about the Hobbywing stuff. In fact, I'am not sure I've ever heard of anything bad ? Randy over on the Struggling Thread uses the Hobbywing 40 amp esc with his -8 Scorpion in his Mini-Titan and he 3-D's the crap out of it with great success... I beleve there is also a programming card to make it simple to program instead of the ancient tone and TX method.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:46 PM
helig33k

You live in St.Louis Michigan??? / Mi

or Missuri?
Old 07-13-2009, 03:04 PM
joeyhatch11

Yeah I was looking at the HobbyWing 40A. It's about $20 cheaper than the Scorpion. With the way the funds are looking, I'm probably just going to get that. Thanks for the feed back though, huge help guys. Joe
Old 07-13-2009, 03:11 PM
crashcrash

LMAO...yeah, Michigan, but an hour and 40 minuets from you. We have a place up by Houghton Lake we stay at once in a while....I've flown R/C at the airport a few times there. The wife was born in Grayling.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Wnuk

Joey- I just got the -8 motor with a scoprion 55A ESC. I haven't been able to fully test it yet, the ESC would not program upon arrival. I have test hovered it in my driveway with the factory default ESC settings andthe -8 has plenty of get up and go. Jeff steered you in the right direction for sizing the ESC so no need for me to expound upon that. I'm not sure how the -8 will fit in a Belt CP but I'm sure once you get it, you won't be disappointed.

Jeff & JPEE- I'm going to catch up on your videos tonite, looking forward to them!

Vic- Looks like your are well on your way with the latest build, well done!

My weekend of helping out the charities was a great time. We had a full scale PT 17, SNJ-5 , alnd an Extra on static display. We were raffeling off chances for a ride in the SNJ, I sadly was not the winner. The Extra rolled to inverted just after takeoff when it was leaving and did an inverted climbout. It was a great site. I didn't get any vidoepersonally as I was too busy working the entire show. I'll post a link to some videos and ppics once they are up on our website. The RC show featured a TON of heli flying this year. What a show they pput on along with all the other acts. All in all it was a great day and we should know how much money we raised for Make-A-Wish later tonite after all expenses are calculated. Last year for a 1 day event we raised $6800, granting two "wishes" for local kids. I'm not sure we did as well this year with the economy but are pleased non the less.

Jim
Old 07-13-2009, 03:32 PM
helig33k

LOL. had to google a bit. Did not know there was a st.louis michigan..

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

LMAO...yeah, Michigan, but an hour and 40 minuets from you. We have a place up by Houghton Lake we stay at once in a while....I've flown R/C at the airport a few times there. The wife was born in Grayling.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:51 PM
crashcrash

If I ever pull enough cash together, I'll work hard at forgetting it ever existed.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:57 PM
joeyhatch11

My only concern with this motor in the Belt CP is that right now I have a 9T pinion on the stock motor and if I try putting anything bigger, it binds with the gear. So with the Scorpion motor having a little bit bigger shaft and having to use a 11T pinion, I doubt it'l fit right. I did get the motor today and just finished taking it out of the box. The way the holes are, look just like the stock ones so I dont think lining it up will be a problem, just trying to get a good mesh with the gear is going to be a pain in the *****.

On a good note though, my b-day is nexct month and I'm going to see if the wife will get my an early present. I want the HDX450SE aluminum frame. Hahaha With that set-up I'm sure I'll have no problems getting this motor in. If I find time, I'll play around with it in the Belt CP tonight and see what I can come up with.

Look what I just found on CNCHeli.com. Let me know what you think........

CNCheli ESC 60A- $32.00
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...ESC-for/Detail

HobbyWing ESC 40A- $42.99
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...40A-new/Detail
Old 07-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff

Thanks on the plane info. I have a Skyfly which is a 3ch trainer like your aerobird over the winter the battery died I've had the plane since '07 with the same batt(only one). So I was trying to decide if the plane was worth putting MORE money into a aging/discontinued plane. My result was NO it has a all-in-1 board with built in servos and a fishin line/rubberband push-pull system that is on its last leg(servos are going). Well today after thinking I have 2 460mah2s lipos for a 3ch aileron foamie i built this year and cant fly very good. So with some not so good soldering I made a parallel cable so now its a 2s 920mah lipo in a skyfly. I am goin to try it out when the wife gets home. So thats that I am not gving up on planks just regressing back to a trainer and gather funds down the road for a e-starter. Which hobby spending might come to a halt for awhile I have to take my 10year old GSD to the vet this week she has been slowing down and havig trouble walking for afew weeks now until yesterday her hind leg would not move at all and I cant have one of my animals in pain or discomfort(1 dog has a titanium knee$$$$$$). As for heli's I'm still down with the dx6i recall.

[link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKLV7&P=7[/link]
Old 07-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Oracus

Joe

This is the esc I recived today good reviews and "looks" to be well made. Would give you more info but wont run without a TX

[link]http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3729[/link]
Old 07-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Wnuk

Kyle, still didn't get your TX back from Horizon?

Joey- Looks like a good price for the CNC ESC but I don't know anything about the quality of them.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:21 PM
joeyhatch11

I think I'll stick to what I know is good and get the HobbyWing. Its a shame the 30A I have wont work and I'm not going to run the risk of something happening. Not after all the time I've spent getting her up and flying again. I just got back from flying 5 packs and I still get the shakes when I'm done. Hahaha Helis are by far the coolest thing in RC.

P.S. Does it make you guys mad when people refer to them as "toys"? I get so pissed, I'd like to hit them.. LMAO
Old 07-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Wnuk

LESSON LEARNED!

Well tonite I went to finish dialing the tail inon the Flasher 450. I spooled it up once and lifted off, noted the direction I needed to move the tail slider and set it down. Power off, make adjustment, power back on and rearm ESC. All is good. Add some throttle, blades start spinup, all is good. Add more throttle and BAM!! See something fly off. Shut her down real quick and notice my tail assembly is rotated 45 degrees and the part I'm missing is a tail blade grip and the tail blade[X(]! Find parts, bring inside and evaluate. Conclusion... I NEVER thought to Lock Tite the bolts that hold the tail blade grip to the tail rotor hub, they backed out naturally and finally threw the blade grip. Damage report to the CNC tail grip........NONE! The only part that broke was the plastic control link between the blade grip and the tail pitch slider.

LESSON LEARNED....... Inspect Everything twice. I'll be going over some more things before geting her airborne again.

Joey- Naw, I don't get mad when people call them toys.... I just tell them toys are found in Wal Mart these are not.

Jim
Old 07-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Oracus

Jim

Actually I am still waiting on the "call tag" from Horizon Hobby they said 7-10 days and I think today was the 10th business day. I'm just not trying to take any chances of using it knowing it has a problem.

But the skyfly flew just fine with the lipo's they are recharging now to see what it used up in about 5min of full power. Stock skyfly batt is 93g NIMH the lipo's are 50g together. So I lost 43g's and need to balance it out. The weak servo is the ele so I'll tinker with it some and get it decent and the just fly it till it dies(hopefully after I land). Next time I'll try and get a vid.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:44 PM
joeyhatch11

Hahaha true. I too had my tail blade grip fly off. If flew about 40ft behind me. Only reason why I was able to find it was because I heard a loud thud behind me then saw the heli start to go crazy. When I saw what I was missing I figured that thud was it and started the search way way behind me. Hahaha Good times.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:50 PM
crashcrash

"Joey- Naw, I don't get mad when people call them toys.... I just tell them toys are found in Wal Mart these are not"

I'd like to see a licensed real helicopter pilot with NO R/C experience fly one...it can't be done. In addition to that, I'd like to see him walk away from a real helicopter crash unhurt from some of the crashes I had ...and walked away from (LMAO). A freind of mine has a 1972 Chevrolet, it's running 670 HP, he calls it his "toy". I guess it's just a mindset thing...I've had ONE serious injury from R/C planes getting mixed up with a propeller at full throttle, and I have an immense respect for even a 200 sized heli, let alone a 450-600 sized.

Jim....I had the exact same thing happen ONCE with a K2...never did find the tail blade and grip that come off....it was a helleva crash (LOL). A really FUN one is having a main blade shoot across the yard as the heli mangles it's self up comming down...(LMAO). I didn't pick the username "CRASHCRASH" for nothing ya know.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Oracus

Jim

Good thing none of the parts hit you. Yeah I noticed after getting my CopterX cnc tail the blade grip bolts would back out so i would recheck before and after flight now it locktite not moving.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Oracus

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

A really FUN one is having a main blade shoot across the yard as the heli mangles it's self up comming down...(LMAO). I didn't pick the username ''CRASHCRASH'' for nothing ya know.
I had that happen too and I dont remember fun LOL I even got it on video and fun is watching it over and over then showing someone else who has never seen a heli crash before hahahaha

Batties just finished and batt 1 took 273mah and batt 2 took 279 mah back in so with thr management I can go about 10-15 with no power and gliding around maybe longer with some wind.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMt2r5eiBrY[/youtube]
Old 07-13-2009, 08:08 PM
joeyhatch11

WOW that was nasty to watch. Like it exploded......BOOM!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:35 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

WOW that was nasty to watch. Like it exploded......BOOM!!!

Now imagine that same thing from 6ft up. Yer like...."what the he!! just happened?".

The wind went down about 9:15pm....I pulled a little stick time on the F-16 at daylights end. At least I got one flight in today.....
Old 07-13-2009, 08:52 PM
choppersrule

Kyle,

That was an unfortunate mishap there for sure. And it does look like it Exploded. It's another learning experience. I had the same thing happen to me about a year ago or so. One thing that Vic and I stress SO MUCH is Preventive Maintenace.. Ya gotta go through every nut, bolt and linkage ALL the time.. Not counting belt tension, tracking (main blades and flybar paddles), gear mesh, tail box assembly.
The list is endless.. It'll take me about 10 minutes or so to check everything out, but worth the time, compared to the expense of a crash.

Dave
Old 07-14-2009, 07:37 AM
Wnuk

To ALL the BOB's!

Awhile back I bought some heli parts from lookyj. Along with the parts I bought, he also sent along an Align 430L motor which he wasn't using anymore. Now having the Scorpion motor I too no longer have a need for it. With Jeremy's permission, I am offering this motor to any of you (no cost) who may need it for a project or to get you by while you save for another motor. I guess the easiest thing to do is just post (first one to post?) here if you would like it and then I'll send you a PM for your address. I will even cover the shipping charges to you. Hope you all have a great day.

Jim
Old 07-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Oracus

I don't "need" it but could replace my aging stock belt cp motor. If someone else is needing a motor give it to them.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:11 AM
crashcrash

Jim....I'm good, I have a spare as well....Thanks.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Oracus

Well i did it I got the skyfly in a HUGE tree 40ft+ Ill check in a few days and see if the wind knocks it out. I don't think anyone will be grabbing it its on my property and I live in backwoods country so I might just cut down the tree I need firewood for the winter I'm not worried about the plane it has sat around unused for 6 months until Monday when i paralleled 2 rhino 2s lipos to get it goin again they were nice batts but got them cheap so i lost about $10-$15 no big deal. And to beat that That was the 2nd crash in 10 min 1st from the front yard (ok let me say I strapped my cam to it so turning was slower) ried to bring it around and gain alt but bam hit the power line no damage just the camera fell about 30ft and still works so I strapped it on the plane again this time out back side of my property over a soybean field. Got it going left and picking up altituide slow turns turn turn turn damn it and in the tree it went.

Ok forgot camera fell again(found on ground thru dense woods) battery's popped out, mem card ejected, and lens focus ring came off(currently still MIA). So picked it up there is rattling inside put batts back in and mem card, push power and it works just fine in caught it all still before it hit the tree(tree-ground vid part missing)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.