Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 11:38 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff I did it! with one small problem.

I went on line to find the program and did. Though they said it was a free download after all of the downloading and using it a flag comes up and says it has a 60 sec max, then you pay 39.00 for the software. It's late here in Sunny California so I'll hit again tomorrow night. But with that said I did record two flights and the rewatch them. Once I saw how it worked I removed that software from my computer and will look for some shareware FREE and see what I can do.
No pass word or any other codes were needed to make it work
Many thanks JPee
Old 09-14-2008, 11:44 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Good to hear you have been flying the Walkera a lot and practicing side and nose in hovering. And cool to hear the Walkera is helping with flying the CPP. I am excited to test out my new upgrade parts for the CPP tomorrow and see how they affect the flight characteristics.

Glenn,

Did you get to fly with Rob today?

Nick
Old 09-15-2008, 07:56 AM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Wow... Last night I downloaded a submarine, and I'am tinkering around driving it and submerging in the lake ! LOL...!! Also, I looked deep and hard on my ZD re-coder, and think I may have found where I have the codes... I have to go to work in a few minutes, so when I get home later I will post the info for you and Glenn... Currently on You-Tube, I'am downloading a test of a few of my flights... It won't be done by the time, I have to go, but I'am letting the computer stay on to download... I'll post that also..

I found the Trex 250 also Nick ! So many models to choose from its crazy... So, JPEE if you need any tips on what shareware program to try, let me know... I have a few that I use for all my thousands of music songs, and lots of free programs... If any of you guys are able to access the computer before I get home, try and find one of my You-Tube links a page or two back, and click view 'more from JMICHAELSMITH01' and hopefully the G4 download for You-Tube will be there... I won't be able to check, until I come home later...

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-15-2008, 08:26 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Jeff I did it! with one small problem.

I went on line to find the program and did. Though they said it was a free download after all of the downloading and using it a flag comes up and says it has a 60 sec max, then you pay 39.00 for the software. It's late here in Sunny California so I'll hit again tomorrow night. But with that said I did record two flights and the rewatch them. Once I saw how it worked I removed that software from my computer and will look for some shareware FREE and see what I can do.
No pass word or any other codes were needed to make it work
Many thanks JPee

JPEE/Glenn ~

Here are the required codes... Please not the capital letters in the Twisted part... Capital T/E/Z... Sweeet !... Also, its still downloading, but I have the link available.... You may have to wait, and I still not sure if it may work, but I believe it will... Running late for work here ! Good thing I work for myself...LOl...

G4 SAMPLE CLIPS: (Please excuse the rough flying...LOL..!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slMvgFKG0hs Just checked !! IT WORKS...[8D]
Have fun,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45853.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1033834   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62740.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1033835  
Old 09-15-2008, 09:54 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That was cool. I like how the aircraft breaks apart in a crash. On FSOne it doesn't. Have you tried landing that T-Rex with the floats in the lake? That submarine was cool also. Can you see it when it is under water? Have you tried that T-Rex 250 yet? G4 looks so cool.

Nick
Old 09-15-2008, 10:36 AM
JPEE

Hello Jeff,

Three things I need to say.

1. THANK YOU!
2. It looks great but you'll have to share where to get the full program?
3. Stop taking flying lessons from Glenn.................LOL..he..he

I too am off to a job so I'll catch up tonight.

JPee
Old 09-15-2008, 01:14 PM
evdreamer

Guys I just got my parts. And as an added bonus I also got my next issue of RCHeli magazine. This is a good day for me.

Nick
Old 09-15-2008, 01:34 PM
evdreamer

Here are some pictures of the scale and Phoenix-10 ESC. The scale was in grams. I love the touch screen and how easy it is to use.

Nick

Name:	Qo39736.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1033979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76991.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1033980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30107.jpg
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1033981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12495.jpg
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1033982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74964.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1033983  
Old 09-15-2008, 04:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE/GLENN ~

Go to this website here http://www.zdsoft.com/game-recorder/ Then where it says 'free download' on the leftside of the screen in red, click it.... Then when the box pops up that says to either run or save the file, click 'run'... Then just proceed with the set-up wizard to set it up. Can't really remember, but it should then be installed on your computer... I had a icon on the desktop, so I opened it and there you will see the box with info about the program... I think like you see in picture #1 it will be like that... Go to the top, to the very right, and click where it says 'about'... And you should then see the info as pictured in picture #2 (below)... Type in the activation and registration info as I did following the guys You-Tube video, and it will then be activated..! Don't forget the capital letters where they need to be...T wisted/ E nd Z....(T/E/Z)...

You then won't be limited to just the 60 seconds... Unlimited... Now I have to figure out with either Windows Movie Maker or Nero on how to make it high quality, because your only seeing about half of the quality of what it should really be... And my laptop is only running the minumum requirements to have G4 function properly. And with the ZD recoder, also running in the background, it takes some of my quality away, so I have almost everything for G4 set to 'low-Quality'. I will need to buy a desk-top eventually like Glenn does, so I can run G4 to its full capabilities, with even a better graphics and sound card... But it does fine now, for what it is for me.... It doesn't glitch or anything, but I see it wants to try with the recoder running in the backdrop. I'am right on the edge...

Its neat, because you can show guys who are interested in a simulator, to see what G4 has to offer...And right now, with as much model downloads that you guys discovered, it seems unlimited.... I can type in any model, and everything I fly, and it comes up for a download. I now have my Trex, Logo 10, Typhhon 2 3-D, all of em' listed below that you see I have.... Its really neat.. And my plane the 'Typhoon' flies EXACTLY on the simulator as mine does in real life... I mean EXACTLY !! Crazy...

You are seeing a quick, fast rough cut version, as there are a lot of settings on the ZD recoder that you can adjust and do... I haven't gone that far yet, and my computer skills are weak, so understanding is a little more difficult for me, so if you guys find out more on what you can do for making it better, let me know... I check the thread usually on a daily basis, along with the rest of RCU...LMAO.. Just because I'am logged off doesn't mean I'am not there, I just do more reading and fast passed wandering than I do posting....

Nick ~

Yes, you can land in the lake, or crash in it if you wish... I haven't tried the Trex 250 yet... I get distracted to much with all this other weird stuff you can download... I see other flying sites also, but not sure if they will work yet... I haven't flew on the G4, for a long time, so I could hardly fly it seems... I used to be able to do everything even with the Heli-Max Axe CP, and now I feel like a noob again... But I can fly my Trex...LOL.. I can see now, that I definately need some sim time... I only get to fly in real life for an hour or two on the weekends, and I believe now beeing on the sim, I'am falling backwards...With the new models, it will make it much more enjoyable now... Before I got bored with the same models...

I wish you could get it ! Maybe they will come down in price soon....

Take care guys,

~ Jeff

Name:	Zw69555.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1034096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56618.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1034097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57806.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1034098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt63213.jpg
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1034099  
Old 09-15-2008, 05:50 PM
JPEE

Hello JMICHAEL

There is a problem, at least for me. Everything happend as you explained accept! Picture #2 showes THIS IS A FULL VERSION and what we download says; THIS IS A TRIAL VERSION or close to that. So then I went ahead and input the codes but it wont take. Whatever you have downloaded is a full version but from that site and the red box it is the TRIAL version only. Could be they had done this to vblock everyone??

Lets not give up and I will be interested to see if Glenn might do better than I did.

Your are also right on the quality. I work like you from a laptop. But we do have a tower in the home office that runs much better but not like Glenn's super computer.

Thanks again for your efforts........JPee
Old 09-15-2008, 06:08 PM
evdreamer

I just finished setting all the electronics up. I really like the E-Flite S60 servos so far. They are much better than the S75's, but I still have to test them out in flight. I had a hard time at first programming the Castle Creations Phoenix-10 at first, but after I thought about it I got it to work. I got a CPP brushed 10 tooth motor and took the pinion off and put it on the brushless motor. And it meshes just as good as my 9 tooth. I think the pinions that came with the brushless motor were meant for an airplane gear box. And the weight of the helicopter dropped. I am planning on test flying it in a few minutes. Too bad I don't have my other CPP battery anymore.

Nick

Name:	Xv65760.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1034112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56004.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1034113   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80018.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1034114  
Old 09-15-2008, 06:24 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

That's weird... I wish that guy had his You-Tube video still there.... It was only up for like 3 days, and then was removed...? I'am trying to go from memory, on his tutorial that he showed as he was on his computer going step by step... Worse comes to worse you could always try a file sharing program like Limewire/ Bearshare/ Filo hippo/ Mini-Nova, and all the others out there to see if you can pick up a version free...

I clicked on the trail version, and just went to the 'about' and typed in the info in the squares like in the pics, and it registered as good.... What I can do is try doing the process all over again from scratch... I'am not at home right now in Washington, but here on the Central Coast of Cali for the past 10 months, is the reason why I have to use my Laptop right now... When I get back home, I'll use my desktop for the G4... I thought of it many times to pick one up for down here, but the RC stuff distracted me...Lol.. I do have my other Dell laptop here however, so I can give it a shot, and see if it works.... It should work...

Not sure if Glenn was interested in it, but if he does try it will be interesting to see if it works for him ?

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-15-2008, 06:26 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I hear ya about programming the Castle esc...! I also have a Castle 45 amper for one of my planes and I'll tell ya, it will give a guy a headache ! Great to see you get the CPP up and running again... Can't wait to hear the results and your feedback after a flight or two..

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-15-2008, 06:57 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I got pretty frustrated with programming the ESC and almost went to the LHS to pick up a Castle Link.

My CPP is only 17.7g heavier than stock right now. And I lost 54.6g with the new electronics. My GY240 is kind of heavy, so I could put my G90 on and loose some more weight. The S60s act like digital servos in the sky, but don't make the buzzing noise on the ground. I like the soft start on the Phoenix-10. I haven't noticed any difference in cyclic response, but I am still waiting for my higher C rated batteries to get here. It kind of seems like my tail motor is loosing some power after 46 flights, but I will need to fly some more to tell for sure. I have some damaged blades on, so I will change those out and see if that helps. I might make a longer flybar and put different paddles on. I found the stock for the flybar, but I need a die cutter small enough to make threads on it. I still can't get the response rate that John Adams is talking about with his CPP and I have everything that he had and done except for the battery. It will probably get dark before my battery charges up to get another flight in today, but I have all day tomorrow to test it out.

Nick
Old 09-15-2008, 07:25 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I'am tellin' ya..... Once you get those batts with some serious 'C' juice flowin' with hopefully lighter weight, will put ya there for some Nick Maxwell flying maneuvers....

JPEE ~

Well, I tried it on the Dell but it won't let me... The reason why I have this new laptop here... The Dell lets me get on-line, but it is seriously sick and won't let me open up any programs. [:@] I could delete the program on the Toshiba here and try it again, but I'am afraid now, since it won't work for you... Maybe they invalidated the code, because of all the massive hits from that guys You-Tube site or something... Don't know... If Glenn tries, it will be interesting to see if it works..

Actually..... I might try something later... I have an external hard drive, that I plug in via/usb... I may try putting the program there and storing it, while I erase it from the computer, and then try again...![8D] We'll see.... I have to make sure it would work on putting it back. I just would have to make sure I find the whole program for a transfer.

Have a good one guys,

~ Jeff
Old 09-15-2008, 07:38 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

how is everyone in here, I haven't posted in a whole day and it feels like forever, its going to feel like a year when I'm on the honeymoon lol
Old 09-15-2008, 07:42 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I just got back from a flight with the T-Rex and I pulled of a really good piro circle for my standards. I wish I had my video camera out. I was thinking the batteries I got were a little heavier than the stock batteries. I would like the Thunder Power Pro lite 730mAh batteries, but I don't like the idea of them not having balance connectors on them. The next option would be Thunder Power Pro-lite 910mAh batteries or the Flight Power lite 800mAh batteries. I can almost do every move in the upright position except a tornado and a piro figure 8. Then there are probably a few things I could mix up that I haven't thought of or seen yet. I have to master inverted flight before I can do the stuff Nick Maxwell can do. I am wanting the CPP to flip in spot to try inverted flight in my backyard again, or I could try it again tomorrow.

Nick
Old 09-15-2008, 07:45 PM
evdreamer

I am doing good. I got the CPP flying today after the upgrades I got today. I forgot to mention that I finally got a hundred cycles on one of my Flight Power batteries and it still has power to spare.

Did you get to fly the Walkera today?

Nick
Old 09-15-2008, 08:20 PM
rotarydoc

GEEZ Guys!

You all sure have covered some ground since I was last online! I don't even know where to begin...LOL! Let me address everyone very quickly...

Heli, hope you are having some fun with the Walkera since the CPP is packed up...and hope you are not gettting the jitters too badly yet...LOL. Yeah, I guess you'll be out of touch for a while there during the honeymoon...but you'll be having fun, so you won't miss us too much!! Congrats again on your big day Saturday!

Nick, the scale looks awesome, as do the new electronics...is the scale able to weigh the CPP? It looks like the metal pad is too small for the entire heli? Nope, I didn't get to go flying with Rob, I was late calling him, and he was busy...maybe next weekend. I was beat anyways from 6 days straight of work.

JPEE, Congrats on the new PLANE! You sneaky SOB!! I KNEW you were up to something...you were too quiet there for a while...LOL. And I caught that comment about teaching Jeff how to fly....let's not bring up your flying...LOL!! Just because I almost lost my heli on a warehouse rooftop, and nearly amputated my leg with the B400 doesn't mean I can't fly!! HA HA !! I hope you enjoy the new plane! (yawn) LOL!! Maybe if I actually flew a plane it might change my mind...but I dunno...

Jeff, I will give the ZD soft a try...heck, I JUST NOW learned how to make my first recording on G4...an I have never uploaded anything to You Tube yet...so I'm WAY behind the 8 ball on getting a G4 clip up...but I'd love to put one up there for you guys to see....

OK, now I've said all my short stuff to everyone, let me get more specific in some other messages, before I lose this one!!!

Glenn
Old 09-15-2008, 08:38 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah the pad is too small, but I took the scale cover off and put it on the pad. Then I zeroed the weight. Then I put the helicopter on the cover. It works pretty good that way.

Nick
Old 09-15-2008, 08:44 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is cool on the scale, glad it works like that.

I am trying to capture a video from G4 to post on You Tube, but I'm not having too much luck yet.

The G4 crashes are very cool...I have completely lost my canopy a couple of times, and the heli keeps flying around without it, and you can see the battery and electronics. One time, I had a pretty spectacular one, where I broke the tailboom completely off...and the heli was still flying spinning in circles, with only the main frame...it looked very funny!

Hopefully, I can get this thing to work.

Keep up the great work on the CPP!

Glenn
Old 09-15-2008, 08:53 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That would be cool to see you flying on G4 on youtube.

That sounds cool on flying after a crash on G4.

I would like to know how the CPP flies with a better battery. But I think I could order a battery from the states and get it shipped here before the one from China gets here.

Oh I forgot to say that I used my home built voltmeter to check the cells of my battery after flying the T-Rex and two of the cells were the same voltage at 3.7V and the other cell was .08V higher. So that one was a little out of balance. I have to use that more because I find the data interesting.

Nick
Old 09-15-2008, 09:59 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I should have the video up soon, but I couldn't figure out the audio yet. It is pretty cool, but the trial version of this software cuts me off at 1 minute...so it's kinda short.

I'll let you guys know when I get it posted...should be cool!

Glenn
Old 09-15-2008, 10:02 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE, Jeff,

I got it to work! BUT, I also could not get that password to work, so I'm limited to one minute. I also can't get audio to work either, but I didn't try too hard yet.

If it works out really well, I may spring for the $29 or so it costs....we'll see!

I am waiting for it to convert or whatever it has to do...

I'll let you know when it's ready.

Glenn
Old 09-15-2008, 10:24 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear you got it to work.

I just got done programming my voltmeter to add up the individual cell voltages and to display it. The bad thing is its accuracy is +9.5%. Oh well it is still fun for me.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.