Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 09:56 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Even with some red loc-tite on my CNC tail grip I had one fly off today. God only knows where it went. I didn't see it or hear it land. Just heard a weird ***** noise and lost tail controll. When she came down, it was gone. GO ME!!! At least I had the stock plastic one to throw on untill I'm able to order a new one. What a day, can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. hahaha
Old 07-18-2009, 10:15 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Even with some red loc-tite on my CNC tail grip I had one fly off today. God only knows where it went. I didn't see it or hear it land. Just heard a weird ***** noise and lost tail controll. When she came down, it was gone. GO ME!!! At least I had the stock plastic one to throw on untill I'm able to order a new one. What a day, can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. hahaha

In this hobby...things go bad quick. No matter how careful you are...there's no way yer gonna catch everything, it's just part of the hobby.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:57 PM
theradioflyer

Hi All!

It looks as though everyone is having a great weekend[8D]

Jer,
Tuning planes on the first flight can be hit or miss. It gets much more fine in tuning the smaller they get. The Sukhio will take much more attention to get it perfect but you'll hit it

Great day for me, while building a blind for deer hunting I heard a high performance jet headed for the AZO runway. I took me by surprise to see what I believe to be a SU-27 Flanker. Russian built jet not often seen in USA air, Very rare experience[8D]

I took some more pics of my hobby room as I'm rearranging the stuff to fit. I'm getting it all in but still need more room[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] or less stuff[sm=72_72.gif]

Have a great Sunday!

Blessings,

Jay
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55888.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1239549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92950.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	1239550   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io29236.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1239551  
Old 07-18-2009, 11:24 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Hi All!

Jer,
Tuning planes on the first flight can be hit or miss. It gets much more fine in tuning the smaller they get. The Sukhio will take much more attention to get it perfect but you'll hit it

Great day for me, while building a blind for deer hunting I heard a high performance jet headed for the AZO runway. I took me by surprise to see what I believe to be a SU-27 Flanker. Russian built jet not often seen in USA air, Very rare experience[8D]

I took some more pics of my hobby room as I'm rearranging the stuff to fit. I'm getting it all in but still need more room[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] or less stuff[sm=72_72.gif]

Have a great Sunday!

Blessings,

Jay

LMAO....your hobby room looks like a condensed version of Rogers Hobbies in Saginaw....yer missing the Lionel Train stuff though.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:29 PM
theradioflyer

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

Hi All!

Jer,

Have a great Sunday!

Blessings,

Jay

LMAO....your hobby room looks like a condensed version of Rogers Hobbies in Saginaw....yer missing the Lionel Train stuff though.
That's what you get after 20yrs in the hobby How cool would it be to have a train running around the room![8D] Man you just gave me a bad idea

God Bless Ya Vic,

Jay
Old 07-18-2009, 11:43 PM
erkrystof

I'm completely in awe, Jay. I'm an apartment dweller, but if I ever take the big leap to get a house, I am DEFINITELY making a man-cave like that.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:50 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

Hi All!

Jer,

Have a great Sunday!

Blessings,

Jay

That's what you get after 20yrs in the hobby How cool would it be to have a train running around the room![8D] Man you just gave me a bad idea

God Bless Ya Vic,

Jay
Better go with HO scale....N and O scale are quite LARGE. My son has an O scale he bought before he got married...expensive stuff. He knows he couldn't buy one now he's on his own. Good news from his plant...they were bought out and have aquired 2 new contracts of which one is for Chrysler. I worked at that plant for 11 years, mostly Ford and small GM stuff. They've been down to one shift for nearly two years and now within 30 days, they'll be running 3 shifts again, and may be bringing over 300 people back from layoff as well as hiring. In the overall scope, it's NOT much with this state at 15%+ unemployment rate, but it's a move in the right direction. That plant in 1996 had over 2500 employees, current population is about 400 I think. I think 1200 employees is about right for that plant if it's in full production because of solid 40 hr weeks and occasional overtime. Nothing is for sure, but his odds just got better. He's been working 32 hour weeks for a long time, and reciently, 40+.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:18 AM
joeyhatch11

I'm so awsome!!! Yesterday, at the end of the day, I was out flying and I was taking it out wide and doing bank turns around this light pole. I did about 6 and on the 7th, BAM!!! The blades railed the pole and made this loud ***** "ding" noise. It was funny as hell. Broke some links, shattered a main blade and tail blade, bent the feather shaft and a slight bend in the main shaft too. I swapped everything out and I'm going to tune it back in now. What a day though. I was doing so good hahaha
Old 07-19-2009, 06:51 AM
Wnuk

Play with fire and you are going to get burned, Joey! LOL at least you had fun!

Vic- good news about your son. In todays enviornment every little bit helps.

Jay- It's amazing how much stuff we can fit in a small area just so we can hve more things! Love the pictures of the Hendrick boys too!

Jim
Old 07-19-2009, 07:49 AM
joeyhatch11

Yeah I'm good to go though. Going to head out now for some morning fun. But I'll make sure to stay clear of that pole. It's funny the kind of things that jump out in front of you hahaha. Enjoy your Sunday guys, happy flying!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jay

How are your heli's attached to the wall? I want to hang mine like that.

Vic

My father in-law has HO trains and I believe N is smaller. The scale from smallest Z, N, HO, O. Just found scale diagram online

Old 07-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Oracus

Joey

Read up on light poles here on this thread afew here have had this encounter LOL.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:56 AM
erkrystof

Wow Joey, I'm pretty sure if I did that I'd be laughing my arse off as well, I think at that point you must laugh or go insane. It's definitely a reminder to take a video camera with me whenever I fly. I took my Blade out last night in the apartment parking lot to fly it around a bit all lit up, but learned two things:

1. Setting up your video camera to point down at the parking lot from your apartment while auto focus is on and no zoom pretty much kills any detail. Must go ground level with a tripod, methinks.
2. Setting up your video camera in your apartment window pointing out the one time a bystander walks by makes you look like creepy video camera stalker guy.

However, I did my first 'idle up' switch flip and didn't crash it, so I'm happy.

Today the big guys are flying at a local softball diamond, going to see if my father and I can go watch, I'll take the video camera and see if anything interesting happens.

Vic, here is the final cut of the 'LOUDNESS' you saw before:

Name:	Wt59067.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	1239707  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Oracus

Ok glad everyone is having fun and doin ok this weekend. As for me 1st Horizon Hobby I still have not received the "call tag" that was to be processed and mailed out(7-10days) on the 2nd of July. They also have not responded to my emails I will call on Monday. 2nd on Wednesday got my Turnigy esc from HC soldered on connectors then hooked it up and will not power the RX internal BEC is bad. Its getting packed up and sent back to HK next week. Then lastly Friday had to take my 11 y/o German Shepard Jessie to the vet she was diagnosed with Canine degenerative myelopathy. For about a month her hind legs seemed unstable and shaky we thought she hurt her leg so wained to see it get better it didn't and Sunday morning her hind legs would not move and she was scared. Got a appt with vet on Friday who said this disease is progressive and has NO cure or treatment usually results in full paralysis in 6 months. So that has been my week today I'm going to a R/C and Ultralight Airshow.

Canine degenerative myelopathy (also known as chronic degenerative radiculomyelopathy) is a progressive disease of the spinal cord in older dogs. The disease has an insidious onset typically between 7 and 14 years of age. It begins with a loss of coordination (ataxia) in the hind limbs. As of July 15, 2008 the mutated gene responsible for DM has been found present in 43 breeds including German Shepherds, Boxers, Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, and both breeds of Welsh Corgis.[1][2] The disease is chronic and progressive, and resulting in paralysis.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Wnuk

Wow Eric, that looks sweet! My 4 year old would love it!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:14 AM
theradioflyer

Man Kyle,
I'm very sorry to hear about your pup[&o]
I hope you took a camera to the show
I'll get a picture of the way I hang the helis. I use old blades and screw them to the wall with spacers and then cover them with a bag or or an old pillow case to keep the dust off of them.

Eric,
That is an awesome job on that canopy, very COOL!

Jim,
I need to get a Mark Martin poster, too. He's tearing it up this year with the new owner. Too bad Jack Roush didn't give him the stuff he needed. I'm hoping this will be the year for him to finally get the cup.

Joey,
JPEE did the same thing with a light pole a while back. It funny how those inanimate objects will reach out and grab the helis.

Blessings,

Jay
Old 07-19-2009, 10:17 AM
joeyhatch11

Well I had a awsome time flying this morning. It's beautiful here with almost zero wind. Was on my 4th pack and lately I've been trying to learn to fly backwards. So far I was doing rather good. Something told me to call it a day and come back out later but I figured one more pack. So I'm up and all over the place, fun fun, then I have a brain fart and lost it. Didn't strip the main gear but cracked it hahaha Didn't know that was possible. Bent the fly-bar (but that was fixable) Finally broke the frame too but lucky me, next month is my b-day and I'm going to have the wife order me the HDX450SE frame and main gears. CAN'T WAIT!!! Well I think I have another main gear somewhere, off to go search. Later guys. Joe
Old 07-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Steve Landron

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Crashcrash. I was planning on replacing all the servos anyway. When I get back in a few months off deployment I'll go ahead and replace all three, I have done everything else. I remember reading somewhere saying to replace the servos when you have the yo-yo problem, but I'm not sure. Couldn’t hurt!

Thanks again

Steve
Old 07-19-2009, 01:41 PM
erkrystof

ORIGINAL: Wnuk

Wow Eric, that looks sweet! My 4 year old would love it!
But what about your inner 4 year old?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:19 PM
theradioflyer

Hey Kyle,
Here's a pic of the wall mount. It's really easy to do and a use for those broken/nicked blades.

Vic,
I'm glad to hear your son's getting more work! Maybe things a finally coming around[8D]

God Bless All,

Jay

Name:	Xv63327.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	1240198  
Old 07-19-2009, 08:28 PM
crashcrash

Hey Kyle,
Here's a pic of the wall mount. It's really easy to do and a use for those broken/nicked blades.

Vic,
I'm glad to hear your son's getting more work! Maybe things a finally coming around[8D]

God Bless All,

Jay

I'm hoping it'll turn around for all you guys. We're at the highest unemployment rate in the US.
Fishing this AM was close to being a complete bust. Water was like glass, no hits at all for the 1st hour and a half. Total was a 14" bass and 3 keeper gills. I had a BIG one get off my line at 10:30 am, but this is the slowest I've seen it. I may call off the month of July as a waste, start back in the second week of August.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:28 PM
joeyhatch11

I got bord at work today and this is what I come up with. I figure I can use it when I go to certain feilds and the grass is too high. Should work pretty good hahaha

Name:	Db84962.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1240763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96605.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1240764  
Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 PM
crashcrash

great idea...looks HEAVY!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Oracus

Joey

I just built the same kinda thing I used 1/2in pvc and plywood cut in half with hinges on the bottom side so I can fold it up. Ill get some pics this week.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:07 PM
choppersrule

Joey,
I'm thinking it's okay for taking off, but can be dangerous for landings. Especially in the wind. Plus as Crash / Vic mentioned heavy, and I would say bulky too.

Just get ya some pressed board or a piece of plywood and make your own. It's portable, it's light and Cheap (LOL!) Mine is 2 x2 foot. But you can make it any size ya want to. See picture.. Oh, BTW, notice on top of the board, I made a NICE EASY carrying hold. If you're ambious, you could paint it green and make a cool looking heli pad. Me, I'm to lazy.

Dave
ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

I got bord at work today and this is what I come up with. I figure I can use it when I go to certain feilds and the grass is too high. Should work pretty good hahaha

Name:	Ay73585.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1240772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25728.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1240773  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.