Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:45 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

I wonder how early people have to reserve a hotel for IRCHA?

JPEE,

Good to hear you got that 500 setup good now.

Nick
Old 07-29-2010, 10:04 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I am not sure. I do know that those guys were talking about going to IRCHA way back in the beginning of June, at the MHA fun fly.

I have read that it is absolutely huge...the biggest RC event in the world, of any kind, much less all helis! I think they also do some plane stuff too...one article said lots of people rent golf carts, because it's so big. This year there is supposed to be a rental place for golf carts...

Isn't it like a week long?

It would be cool, but Muncie, Indiana is a LONG drive from here...[X(]

JPEE,

Glad you took a refresher course with Finless...it really does do a mind good to rest as well...

Good to hear a sucess story from time to time!

Great job!

Glenn

Old 07-29-2010, 10:15 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I got my July issue of RC Heli today.

In addition to their sketchy delivery, they REALLY need a proofreader, someone to review the articles before the magazine goes to print...

Did you notice on page 32, where there is an article on the OMI fuel magnet, that the first couple of paragraphs are talking about TT systems?

Wonder how much they would pay me to proofread? I find mistakes in every issue...lol..

Glenn
Old 07-30-2010, 05:35 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi guys,

Not a lot going on down here. Went flying yesterday morning but some days are better than others as we all know. The good part is no crash but my flying was soooo sloppy, I think my brain was still somewhat asleep. Better luck out next time.

JPEE,

Congrats on getting that 500 issue taken care of. Out of curiosity is your friend happy with his EXI or does he sorta wish he went the Align route? No clones for me, of course, I am just curious.

Nick and Glenn,

Quite a bit talk of iPhones and electronic projects. I wish I could join in the conversation but I know absolutely nothing of iphones and circuit gadgetry.

A guy from my old field in SC used to attend IRCHA each year - he was an excellent flier and had been flying heli's for 20-some years. Some of the pictures he had of past events were absolutely amazing. It was an annual trek for him to drive up to IN. Speaking of IN, I wonder if Dave (Choppersrule) is going to IRCHA - it's pratically in his backyard!

Mark

PS - Glenn, could you proofread this for me to make sure I didn't make any speeling errrorrs >??? (sorry couldn't resist!)
Old 07-30-2010, 10:24 AM
JPEE

Hi Mark,

He likes his clones, thats all he buys, the cheaper the better he says. His skill level is where he can now hover close, far and high and he has just started from center to the left with
nose left. Once he reachs say 9:00 and then he trys to come back to the right 3:00 with nose right but it is more nose way from him but he getting better. He is affraid to lose
orientation, clearly like me he is left eyed. But with that said, every week I see improvement why?................because this guy wants it real bad! He also got a Cub and now can fly
that in right or left circles which is helping his heli skills. To go back to your question, when he started this hobby he had no one for guidence so he was driving helis into the ground
right and left. As we bench work on them he sees the clear difference but while he admits "me JPEE" needs the costly Align for my level of flying he does not for his skill level, these
work fine and I cannot disagree using these for trainers. As he said, when he drives on into the dirt, he goes and buys another $35.00 plastic heli and transfers the electrics and he is
read to go. This 450 Pro taught me alot and while I am still ahead $$ "barely" I am ahead and at this point and I have Align, ESC, tail servo, blade grips, main gears, swashplate, TT
gears, canopy. About the only thing that is HK is the boom, frame and head, less the grips.

Take care JPEE
Old 07-30-2010, 03:04 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I am not sure how long IRCHA is.

I don't remember reading the error in the fuel magnet article. I do remember a few spelling errors in the magazines.

Nick

Old 07-30-2010, 09:56 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, finally a great flying evening! Perfect weather, low humidity, no wind, about 80 degrees, and NO PEOPLE! Got 4 packs in the 450's and one in the bullet (Gaui..lol..). That little booger still amazes me...glad I kept it!

Weather is supposed to be good again tomorrow, so I'm charging now.

Mark,

Sorry to hear you had a subpar day....it happens to me alot too..seems some days I'm just "on" and other days out to lunch...sometimes I seem to do better with a break, a day off in between...don't know why...

Glad you have a nice field that you like now though, that helps alot. I usually have to drive around a bit lately to find a spot. Seems Friday nights are my best time.

Don't feel bad, I don't know anything about iPods or iPhones either, or otherwise mine would still be working, with a new battery, instead of in the scrap heap...lol! I basically chalked it up to a learning experience...

LOL on the proofreading! Hey, I make mistakes on the forums all the time too....but if I was publishing a magazine that thousands of people read...I think I'd check it out a little closer before it went to press!

JPEE,

Interesting. I guess there are 2 schools of thought on the clones...and I guess if you look at them as basically throw aways, it can work out...if you feel like dealing with all the shortcomings in between...

Nick,

Hope you get to fly this weekend. I also have seen many misspellings in RC Heli.

Glenn
Old 07-30-2010, 10:42 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It sounds like you had all the right things happen today for a perfect flying day.

I didn't get to fly today. I have to work the 3rd shift this weekend, so I will have to see how tired I am tomorrow to fly.

Nick
Old 07-31-2010, 12:17 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, the stars must be perfectly aligned or something...lol...it almost never gets that good...

I hope you aren't too tired to fly tomorrow.

I know when I'm too tired, and I won't fly if I am...been there, done that before...lol..

Hope work isn't too boring.

Glenn
Old 07-31-2010, 01:50 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I can watch TV at work when there is nothing going on. On this shift there usually isn't anything going on. There is usually some good movies on at this time too.

Nick
Old 07-31-2010, 06:04 AM
Aframomum

Ahhh, the good ole days of 3rd shift. My old job had a TV and many a night we used to watch reruns of Rambo or some other old move on A&E and TNT. I have to say the first thing I noticed while training in my new job was no TV in the break room - darn. [] So Nick, I can relate with you on that aspect. Have fun on the overnight shift - how long this time?

Depending on how awake you are at the end of the shift you may want to bring something to fly after work - the mornings do provide some of the best flying weather.

BTW, IRCHA Jamboree for this year is Aug. 11 - 15. Their homepage: http://ircha.org/index.php?pr=2010_Jamboree Wouldn't that be an event to go to just once?

Glenn,

Great news on a perfect flying session - I love it when everything works out just right, makes you feel giddy the rest of the day.

I do hope that you are able to continue to have an open field to fly at. I remember driving up to my old field in SC sometimes just to find it being used for soccer games or something. Major bummer.

Haven't heard much of Justin lately, are you guys still hanging out and flying? When I was living in Ohio I had a buddy that I used to fly with almost every weekend (airplane days ) and have to say that those were some of the best days I had, just hanging out talking about the hobby and stuff. Sometimes times like that don't come around often. Alright, enough reminiscing.

JPEE,

How in the world is that house of yours coming along???

Also, any word on that pin camera you were talking about - have you tried it out yet? I have been looking at a few of them for some time but havent' made any buys, guess I'm waiting on something that has good memory storage and video quality, not just 35 or so seconds of vid time on the supplied chip.

I did take the day off yesterday from flying - had a few other things I needed to get done. Think I'll try again Monday morning. Can you believe I am just now finishing up with my rear brakes - yeah, the job I was talking about last week. At least when I'm done I can feel good having saved about $550 in labor and parts that the shop wanted to charge. And this is just for replacing the rear brakes, brake cylinders, and drums. []

Have a good weekend,

Mark
Old 07-31-2010, 08:53 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

My shifts are 8 hours long.

I don't like to fly in the morning. The good field faces East, so the sun is in my eyes. Then the other field faces West, but they haven't cut the grass in a long time at that field. If a heli goes down I would have a hard time finding it. However, it is 78 and calm out right now.

Yeah, I would like to make it to IRCHA at least once in my life time.

That is cool you finished up your brakes.

I think I jinxed myself in my last post. About an hour after I typed it a couple of big things happened and took up a lot of time.

Nick
Old 07-31-2010, 12:43 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Mark,

Haven't heard much from Justin lately...he's kinda been MIA in the heli club...last I heard, he had to trade his 600N for his 700N back from a guy because it didn't fly right, some sort of helacious vibration driving the FBL system crazy. Last I heard, he switched back to a flybar, and was still chasing vibes...[&o]

And his Logo needs batteries, kinda expensive when you're running 10S...[X(]

I'm sure he'll be back around, I've heard he' just really bummed out...I think we all can get a little down in the hobby at times...

Congrats on the completion of the rear brake job...I don't envy you, I hate doing rear drum brakes, even to this day...thankfully, most of our cars a Mazda now have rear disc....so much easier! I forgot to get back to you on that, see if you needed any tips...[X(]

Getting ready to go to the heli field later on...need some fuel...

Let's see....filling up the Forester for the next 2 weeks...$30....... Filling up the SDX for the next 2 weeks...$37...LOL...

Makes me glad I'm not flying a .90!

Nick,

Sorry about getting busy at work...nice that you can watch some TV though!

I can't even watch You tube at work, it's blocked...but I can sim if I take my TX and adapter!

Glenn
Old 07-31-2010, 10:21 PM
JPEE

Mark,

Today was a B buster as I was laying tile in the bathroom. The house is close. My Bud is coming Aug 16th for the week to do the kitchen and dinning room in 18" tile. This old dog is past a job that big all alone so we will work as a team.

Re the camera, I "just" put velcro on my canopy of the 450 and 400 and then did a yard hover. Well there was some blurring with the close in shots of my hedge until I got airbourn but then with the heli up and cam taking infinity video it got much better. HOWEVER there is the wave in the frame like your looking at the picture as a reflection in pond is the best way I can explain it. That might be duer to it being right next to the motor and the electronics, when I made the plane video that was not and issue. Last Sunday when I had it on my plane I got see-sick watching the video, so that was a no go. But, try try try again I say. I am supposed to go flying in the morning and if it is not cloudy then I will put it back on both vehicles and try for a better picture. It will take 2 hours of video on the 2 gig sim card.

Nick, can you refresh my memory as to what you do at your workplace now? Sorry about the crappy last night shift too. I hope you get to fly sometime soon.

Glenn, I left some stuff for you on SKype to download. Hope the weather was good for you and you a great day.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pn37314.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1476209   Click image for larger version

Name:	lj21886.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1476210   Click image for larger version

Name:	oj28497.jpg
Views:	22
ID:	1476211   Click image for larger version

Name:	in27004.jpg
Views:	21
ID:	1476212  
Old 07-31-2010, 11:24 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I had a GREAT flying day today! The weather was great, not hot, about low 80s, not too much humidity, and just a tad bit of a breeze....

I got to the field about 4:30...and Charles and another guy were just leaving. So I had the field to myself!

That can be good, or bad I guess...good in that I can get alot more flying done when I'm not BSing with the other guys there, you sure can waste alot of time doing that...the bad I guess, is that you are not wasting time talking to you buddies, which is half the fun..lol...

Anyways, it went great. I ended up flying the 500 once, and then I flew the SDX. Once I flew it, I decided to just concentrate on it, and forget the electrics.

I got in 7 tanks with the SDX total, back to back...and it sure did help my confidence with it considerably...and you gotta love nitro for that...almost an hour of flight time!

I ended up getting comfortable enough with it to do some aileron rolls...I was kinda sketchy on that, because my first backflip a few weeks back turned out really ugly...almost a crash...[X(]

But not this time...the SDX was so easy to roll, it wasn't even funny...my jaw dropped when I did one...I was expecting something different I guess..but it just was so smooth and easy, I was amazed...so I did about 20 more...lol...

Very good day, not even any close calls...and got much more comfortable with the SDX...the more I fly it, the more I love it!

I ended up burning about $25 worth of fuel I guess....but it was worth every penny...

Nick, that Outrage 5000 RX pack we have is awesome...after 7 eight minute flights, I still had 2 of 3 green lights on the 2 in 1... It would probably go for 10-12 flights easy, and I'm using a glow ignitor too...

Hope eveyone else got to fly today....

JPEE,

Neat little cam there...hope you can get some better results next time out...I'll check those vids here in a bit...

Glenn
Old 08-01-2010, 08:58 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool you had a great day flying.

That's good to hear your SDX is flipping good.

Yeah, I like the Outrage receiver batteries too.

I was able to fly yesterday. I got 4 flights in on my Velocity and one on my 600. My Velocity was doing pretty good with 3D. It shakes a lot when the HS is increasing, but once it is at the flight HS it goes away. The canopy grommets worked pretty good on the Velocity, but it is a pain to put the canopy on now. There was some grass clippings on the run way and I was having fun blowing them off to the side with the Velocity. It kind of sounds like my rear engine bearing is going bad again. I am hoping it can last the rest of the season.

Nick
Old 08-01-2010, 09:35 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool that you got to fly...sounds like the Velocity is doing well.

Yeah, the SDX shakes if it doesn't have enough headspeed. A couple of guys last week said to loosen the blade bolts a bit...but that didn't help much. Apparently, Charles hit it on the nose, it's just the very firm dampening that causes it to wobble or vibrate at lower HS. Once it's tuned well, and in idle up, the shakes go away. Sounds like you have a similar issue?

Glad the grommets worked out well. But the tradeoff is it's hard to install, eh? [&o] The SDX canopy is pretty easy to get on and off. It's made of that bleach-bottle type plastic that Raptors have, very tough stuff...and it has retainer clips in the rear, which is nice.

Cool on the grass clippings..lol...

Sorry to hear you engine might be making noise again...I hope it's not the rear bearing again. Maybe if it makes it to the end of the season, you can get a new engine for next year...

I guess MHA did OK on the fun fly, we got 2 brand new picnic benches and a new barbecue grill yesterday!

Everyone else is quiet today.

I got 2 flights in with the 450's today.

Seems Justin is coming back on the heli scene, he called yesterday. He sold everything except his Logo, and he got new packs for it. Maybe he got tired of buying nitro...

Glenn
Old 08-01-2010, 11:01 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah, my issue is due to the dampners. It seems like the FBL head came with stiffer dampners than the fly bar head.

Since the Velocity uses thumb screws to secure the canopy it makes it a little harder. Then with the grommets I have to fight them to screw the screws in.

I am trying to save my money, so I probably won't get a new engine and just put in a new rear bearing. I already have a little over 80 flights on this engine, so it is doing pretty good so far.

Good to hear you got to fly today.

Yeah I don't like paying for Nitro either. I already payed more in Nitro than I did on my 600 battery.

Nick
Old 08-01-2010, 11:01 PM
JPEE

Nick,
Thanks for the note, I hear ya. Kinda neat if ya ask me. Sorry to hear the Velocity "might" be throwing another rear bearing. Lets hope its not and this is just a phantom sound. At least you got to fly. Read down below because I am going to embarrass myself "again".
[youtube][/youtube]
Glenn, thats nice for you that Justin came back to town. Glad you got some stick time two.

Me, wellllllllllllllllllllllllll, I have been struggling with a tail issue on the 450 Pro for atwo weeks now. I can fly her prefectly in normal and the tail hold very well with my $19.00 GY 48 gyro. But when I click up to stunt #1 on the DX7 seven the tail lets go. The short of this rediculous error is...........I forgot that on the Dx7 you have to adjust the outter radio trims in normal, stunt 1, and stunt 2. I was sitting here this afternoon after flying today for a few hours this morning and it came to me, I mean I remembered that oddity from the Dx6i to the DX7. I got up looked at the radio and shifted from normal to stunt1 and there it was, the rudder sub time was waaaaaaay off. Once aligned together she flies like she used too. If I get anymore forgetful someone better call or kick over here to wake me up.

Mark, I have post three boring videos for you with the Key Chain Cam. The one on the plane wing is the best. Now I repeat these are not good videos BUT they show you applications. The plane I toook up to a high altitude and shut off the motor and di as best I could to coast down and keep the plane level. The helicopter with the cam velcroed to the canopy looks like it was shot under water do to the waves in the video in my opinion frmo the motors magnets. Then the last video, I just held the cam in my finger why my buddy worked on his hovering. So there you have it as to what a key chain cam 808 model can do.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPrcpQ0XUSs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1A_7MZpGsA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rk5KdxPv00[/youtube]
Old 08-02-2010, 07:48 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I just hope my rear bearing doesn't come apart like my first one.

Good to hear your 450 is flying better.

I thought the videos turned out pretty good. You could try putting foil around your camera.

Nick
Old 08-03-2010, 05:22 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Thanks a bunch for the video's, and they looked really good. Stop being such a hard critic on yourself. Your field looks huge from the air, lots of room for flying way out there.

Glad to hear you were able to nail down the rudder subtrim issue on the DX7, guess Horizon software engineers weren't able to match up that aspect of the Dx6 and Dx7.

Nick,

Hope no more engine bearing mishaps come your way, I think you've had more than your share.

Funny hearing about you blowing around the grass clippings. One of my old fields had a ditch with large marshy plants growing out of it, made for some fun weed wacking with my old CPP2.

Sorry to hear about the tricky thumb screws for the Velocity canopy, at least you'll know that sucker isn't going to come off and go fly into your blades. [X(]

Glenn,

It's good to know Justin is coming back, guess we all need a break sometimes to recharge.

Congrats on your SDX time over the weekend - one hour of non-stop, nobody bothering you flying, wow! Looks like your really getting comfortable with your SDX - doing aerilon rolls and all. I think I would be a nervous wreck. lol

No flying for me yet, been rather busy with other things for the moment - plus it was cloudy yesterday morning so it was darker than normal at 6:30. Not much fun flying if all you can do is hear your heli.

Mark
Old 08-03-2010, 05:22 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Nice videos....the plane one is nice and steady...I guess there was some interference on the heli one, causing the wavy appearance, but it still looks fine otherwise...nice views of SoCal!

Is that the guy you've been helping out lately in the one heli video?

Nick,

I hope your rear bearing lasts for you.

Kinda strange that you would have another issue so soon. Some guys at the heli field were saying that OS Hyper .50's have rear bearing issues, so I may be in the same boat...

Mark,

Yeah, I think Justin will be around some more now. He's down to one heli, the one he seems to like the most, his Logo 600.

I was brain dead at the end of the day Saturday after flying for just about an hour straight with the SDX!!![X(]

It still makes me nervous to fly it, but it's getting better with each tank. It took a bit of thought before I did that first roll....but what a relief when I saw it come back around level again... After that, the world was good...lol...

Hope you get some more time and better conditions soon, so you can get out there and tear up the skies in Orlando!

Glenn
Old 08-03-2010, 09:27 PM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

Mark,
Thanks for the kind words on the video's. I am going ot try and relocated the heli cam site to the bottom of the heli to move it away from the motor and those spinning magnets! I dont think aluminum foil would help because the velcro on the bottom needs to remain uncovered.

Nick,
Again I am sorry that pesky rear bearing is knocking, like the rest.... I hope it takes you through to winter.

Glenn,
Yes that is my newer noobie. As I said; he wants it bad! and is working hard to improve his skills. Last Sunday he did his first of three piroettes, that's progress. Yes your right the wingover mount on my plane is the best of the video's and yes that is my secret fly zone until they build as you could see by the surrounding home, and more homes and townhomes in the area. I WILL BE SICK, when I lose that area. That is the ONLY open land in our entire San Fernado Valley north of Los Angeles.
Just working on the house day after day. As beautiful as it is now, it is fast becoming drudgery. Started laying bathroom tile but had to stop and get a different trowel and will resume tomorrow. Then I had to get a SMOG check so I can get my new Cali DMV reg tags for my 2000 Camry. $75.00 for the scope to say, your OK, thieving B's

That is all from JPEE
Old 08-05-2010, 09:40 AM
JPEE

Did you guys all go to a new page and not tell me or WHAT? The last post here was days ago and it was by "me" to boot. Where the Sam Hill is everyone?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:09 AM
rotarydoc

Hey JPEE,

I think the thread needs a jump start or something...somebody buy a new helicopter or something...lol...

I was going to post later on...but not much to post about, really...

The battery in my temp gauge went dead, so I got a new one at Radio Shack, stupid little button cell battery that cost $5....then went online, and got 20 of them for $5...lol..

The temp gauge does not have an auto off feature, so if I forget to turn it off at the end of the day, it will kill the battery...so I have plenty on the way...

I flew a couple of packs Tuesday night, but the weather here has been hot, humid, stormy, and basically miserable.

Looks lke we get a break for the weekend though, so I'm looking forward to that...

Other than that...not a whole lot...

Oh, I've been meaning to tell you guys about a pretty cool website, called RC Heli Nation...if you have not been to it, it's pretty good...has a talk show on there that is pretty interesting, but a bit long at times...

I listened to it while I was doing other stuff last weekend, it's OK, but I couldn't just sit there and listen to it without doing something else...

The show I listened to was where they interviewed Matt Botos about developing the new Synergy N5...and it goes into the development, testing and so forth on the new heli..

Kinda neat...

http://www.rchelination.com/

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.