Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 02:18 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

I have been busy with school and work.

I got invited to fly at a big demo that I flew at last year. I think they are planning it for sometime next month.

Glenn,

Yeah Radio Shack tends to charge an arm and a leg for their stuff.

My teacher was trying to help me fix the cap meter today, but he said there were a lot of things wrong with it. The schematics were also missing some chip numbers and pin numbers, so he said it was a lost cause trying to fix it. I fixed a VCR and started on another one. I might work on the TP charger next week, since I am running out of things to fix. I was thinking about using a white or blue LCD in it.

Sorry your weather has been bad.

Nick
Old 08-05-2010, 04:41 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the demo invitation next month.

Sorry the cap meter was a basket case, and has so many problems. Maybe it's better not to waste time on it.

When I was doing my old transistor radios, I actually got one of them to work after I did a "recap" and replaced all the capacitors that had dried out. Most of the time though, I was not so sucessful...and I had to buy schematics for each one, since that lists the cap values and transistor numbers. It was fun, but frustrating at the same time. 50 year old electronics can be tricky to try and solder and unsolder on the PC boards...[X(]

Cool on the VCR repair...they can be fairly complex, depending on the problem. I have repaired a couple of tape transport systems on them, but that's about it. If it goes any deeper than that, I am lost...lol..

No flying tonight, just had a bunch of storms come through, and more on the way....

Glenn
Old 08-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Oh no, somebody missed their FIBER. Quick, get some Fiber One cereal...NOW!!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:18 PM
JPEE

Wow Mark, did it show that much?

Out in the garage charging packs. If they show I have three guys meeting me at 6:00 a.m. To fly. I have a new heli mount to see how that goes for the key chain cam.

Bought all new bearings for the 600 today but before I tore her apart to replace the main bearing r&r I did a hover in the yard and that sqweek I heard a month ago is gone. So she is coming tomorrow as well so we will see. The only problem is they expect cloudy and possible drizzle in the morning. We shall see.

JPEE

Sent from my iPhone
Old 08-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Yeah, I think we need a big group hug.

Hey, hope no clouds and drizzle in the morning for your fly in - sounds like a good time. Will be interested in seeing how the new heli mount works out for the minicam. BTW, did you get it online or somewhere local? Think I could find a place on my Parkzone Stryker to mount it.

Good deal on the 600 - and good luck with it tomorrow morning. I still can't believe you have light at 6am, here its pitch black. Guess the tilt of the earth thing accounts for that.

Glenn,

I passed your suggestion of buying a new heli to my wife but her look told me not a good idea right now. Worth a try right? Besides, seems you and jreue are buying enough new heli's for the rest of us!

Nick,

Congrats on getting re-invited to fly at the demo, seems they like you and admire your skills. Heck, we all admire your skills around here.

Mark
Old 08-06-2010, 10:05 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not a whole lot new here, just did a couple of packs with the 450's...until I got crowded out of my field by a dad with his kids that wanted to fly a kite...

I was there first, and surprisingly, they patiently waited...and even tough I wasn't really done flying, I told them to go ahead and use the field...

Fair enough...at least they had the decency to wait until I was done flying, unlike what has happened before, when some kids ran out on the field on me in mid-flight...[X(]

I thanked dad for being patient and waiting until I was done...

Tomorrow looks like a big flying day...weather has given us a break here, still gonna be mid to upper 80's, but not nearly as humid, which is the killer around here...

I am going to replace the glow plug in the SDX, purely as preventative maintenance...I have not yet practiced any autorotations, so I don't want to start now, buy having the engine quit mid-flight..

Mark,

Sorry the suggestion didn't go over with the wife....just explain that we take turns buying new helis, and your turn has come up...lol...nah...probably won't work !!

I'm done buying new helis now for awhile.

I would just like to get a new 450M motor and 14 tooth pinion for my original 450, and make them a closer match. The new one has a good bit more headspeed, since the older one has a 13 tooth pinion, but I don't think that motor would like a 14 tooth, it runs HOT as it is...and besides, the bearings are rattling in it still...

JPEE,

Good luck with the new bearings in the 600, sorry the "mystery noise" is now gone, you'd probably feel better if it was still there...

Boca has some new "hybrid ceramic" bearings ...they sent me a flyer in the mail...

So I went to the website, and looked them up...the full set for the SDX is $370....[X(][X(][X(]

I think I'll buy my bearings individually, thank you very much....lol...

Glenn
Old 08-06-2010, 10:47 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is good you are getting some nice weather. I heard it is supposed to be really hot at my fun fly. That won't stop me though.

Autos aren't that hard with a .50 size heli. I think Nitro's are a little easier to auto than the electrics. Maybe because of the weight difference of my two 50's.

I also looked at some Boca Bearings for the 600 and it would be $200+ to replace them all.

I started thinking about fixing up my super cub this morning. I ruined the fuselage were the landing gear was on a bad landing. I thought about getting a new fuselage, but I might use some wood to fix it up. I also thought about using A123's in it. It would double the capacity and wouldn't weigh much more than the NiMh battery. It was a pretty fun plane to fly, so it might be worth it.

Nick
Old 08-06-2010, 11:39 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

When is your fun fly again? Good that the hot weather won't stop you...hope there are some shady areas you can hang out in so you don't get too overheated.

I think I need to at least practice some autos on the sim first, just to get the feel... I have done some on the sim, and they seemed to go pretty well. I was watching Justin's friend try some on his 600E...and he was doing pretty well for not having much practice.

I guess it's like anything, just start out from a fairly low altitude, and work your way up.

It is certainly a good idea to know how to do them with a nitro...

Yeah, those same hybrid bearing kits for the Trex 600 are $299, I think there are 4 less bearings...I have no idea why the Hirobo kit is so much more...I guess like everything Hirobo...lol..

That would be cool to fix up the Super Cub. Sounds like a fun project. Then you'd fit right in with the plane guys at your field...

I should get a plane, since I spent $100 on my plane club membership, and have only been there a few times....nah...helis for me!

Hope your weather isn't too hot.

Glenn
Old 08-07-2010, 12:08 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx0sgCr0aLc[/youtube]

Well I did alittle flying today playing with my "key chain cam" again. Though the scenery is the same for the most part I tried some editing you might like.

I flew three packs in the 450 Pro and she is home again. Did some flips and rolls and some inverted. I didnt relaize how much I missed flying harder than I have been for a few weeks not wanting to crash so I didnt lose the only heli I had at the time. I tried the cam on the underside of the heli today and the video was real bad, helis just dont get it with these little jobbers. But in the same breath............ I have had I an idea how to solve the issue, so I have plan. The 600 flew like a dream and put two packs through her too and no squeek. To back up a bit, I remembered that when I crashed the 600 the time the wind flipped her over I replaced and or greased every bearing on the heli. So now with like 8 flights since then it was hard for me to believe that a bearing was gone.

Mark, I got my camera from Xheli at http://www.xheli.com/72p-808h-carkey.html
But I also recommend for your reading you check this out, it really helped me. http://chucklohr.com/808/

Nick, I hope you do well in the big fly and watch that heat and drink TONS for water too..................crap I sound like a Dad.

Glenn, it was "very" nice of that father to make his kids wait for their turn at the Park. That will build charactor in them LOL. Hope you can fly your socks off on Sunday too.

JPEE
Old 08-07-2010, 12:24 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Cool video, nice editing job! Makes the video much more interesting, and entertaining! Great job!

You sure you didn't have a piece of tape dangling off one of the main blades did you??? I still can't believe the noise that made on the SDX....

Glad the helis are all back in order now....

Glenn
Old 08-07-2010, 06:03 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Thanks for the links, that second one was quite a run down. Think I'll be ordering with Xheli today. If I can't get a heli then I guess I'll settle for a minicam. I guess you did the editing with Window's Media Moviemaker (or something similiar) then uploaded the finished file to Youtube?

I remember you talking about there being possible plans to build on the land you fly on in the future - I really hope you don't lose your field to development, it is prime flying grounds with some nice scenery. Hey, maybe with the way things are going the developers won't have enough to start such a project.

Nick,

Good luck with your demo, next weekend right?

You definitely should get your cub back to flying status, just to have a plane to toss around. Heli's are great but sometimes you do need a change of pace, something that is a 'no -brainer', so to speak, to fly.

My Stryker (flying wing basically) is what I would like to use for when I get a minicam, but first I need to swap out motors for it. Right now it has a brushed motor and that thing is on its last leg so I want to go brushless with it. I'm sure I have an ESC and receiver laying around somewhere so all I'll need is the motor.

Glenn and Nick,

I'd like to say I can't believe the price for the ceramic bearings but...sadly I can believe it. Esp. for Boca one's. []

Glad to hear there are still parents around that teach decency to their children. I've heard too many stories of guys flying at fields and parks and not only the children but the parents get to be a hassel. Even having the gall to ask the pilot if their child can fly the 'toy' plane. Of course my son isn't going to have that problem b/c he is going to have his own plane and heli to fly when he gets to be that age.

Enjoy the cold front you guys up north are having this weekend. Hey, can you believe its already August??? Just a little bit longer then nice cool flying weather will be here!

Mark
Old 08-07-2010, 09:21 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

My fun fly is tomorrow. They fly at a soccer field and there is no sun shelters there.

JPEE,

That is good your helis are flying good again.

Mark,

My demo is next month.

My cub also has a brushed motor, but it doesn't really need a lot of power for a cub.

I was thinking about putting my 540 brushless motor in the cub. It is a 900W motor and the cub only needs a 300W motor.

Nick
Old 08-07-2010, 07:10 PM
jroo

Hey all,

It's been since June 20th since I flew. That was when I attempted a 'fathers day flip' with the 250 and it ended bad. Finally, after all the headaches, all 3 of my birds are ready to go. The 250 took loads of damage in the last crash. I just had to replace the main shaft and flybar in the 450 and I put some foam tape inside the gyro case of my B400.

So, they all need some test hovers; maybe tonight in the garage.

I've been rather swamped in other stuff, so I have not been on lately. My truck needed a new AC compressor and a water pump. It was 1200, but I can't complain. It's 11 years old and that's pretty much the only problems I've had thus far. I also just did a triathalon last weekend. Time just get's eatn up...
Old 08-07-2010, 09:59 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Jreue, good to se you back. Sorry for the long loss of flying time and the costs that dinged the old budget! As you said for 11 years, while expensive thats only $111.00 per year. Look at it that way and it is easier to swallow.

Glenn, you should have been flying all day today "hopefully"!

Nick, sorry I got goofed about when your big fun fly exhabition will be held, the time will fly by and next month will be here. LOL

Mark, yes it will be a tremendious loss when they build there as it is only 2 miles from the house.

Here is a slow fly video of the 600 cut waaaaaay down for short viewing with the key chain cam on my hat. I am really pleased the job it does. Right now 8:00 PST the video plays but is not clear until you tube finishess with it. WATCH IN 480i

JPEE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DPkB45-yug[/youtube]
Old 08-07-2010, 11:36 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Have fun at the fun fly tomorrow, and stay cool! I think your hot weather is headed here....[&o]

JPEE,

That is pretty impressive video for such a small device...looks great!

Glad to see the 600 in the air again too...

Mark,

Yeah, I am trying to soak up all the nice cool, low humidity air I can...before the heat blast comes again next week...looks like 100 again by Tuesday..

Com'on FALL!!!

jreue,

I was wondering where you went...welcome back aboard...and good luck with all the test hovers...

I got back not long ago from flying, the session ran a bit late, we were packing up in total darkness...lol...long story...and then we grabbed a bite to eat afterwards...overall a great time...

I had a good day....got there a bit late, but still got some quality flying time in....got some more flights with the SDX, and a few rolls...and I made alot of progress with the 500...getting more comforable with it all the time...managed a 15-20 second inverted hover...sure is alot easier than a 450... I could have easily gone longer...lots of fun!

I let one of my new pals that currently does not have a heli here, they are down south where he used to live fly my 450 Pro. Everyone said he's a good pilot...whew...for someone who hasn't flown in months, he put on an amazing flight with my 450 Pro!!! This guy is real good with a 450!!

He's ordering a Trex 600N in a couple of weeks, so he'll be back in the swing of things soon. His name, BTW is also Rob, not related at all to the Rob from the plane field that bought my B400....

We tried to get ahold of Justin, but he's still MIA lately...

Overall, a great flying day, and no crashes! Had a close call with the Gaui though...I pushed it a bit hard in a tight 180 turn, and bogged the motor real bad...lost altitude real fast...but I recovered it OK...

Nick, have a great time tomorrow!

Glenn
Old 08-08-2010, 01:35 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

If your YS is feeling a little down on power....maybe this will help some....lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VI5x...eature=channel

Pretty cool!

Glenn
Old 08-08-2010, 10:03 AM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Glad you had a good flyday! You got there LATE, come on man you cannot get up at noon and then go flying LMAO. I am so glad you enjoyed the 500 as I have said many a time, that is my real love of my fleet and now with your field you have room to let her out and go!

It is grey and overcast here yesterday and today until about noon, then we get a nice day but with moisture in the air there is a terrible glare that I cannnot fly in. So today I will get back to work and finish the tile job on the small bathroom. I hope to get out Tuesday for a fly day and they predict; clear u and red devil hot weather back then.

Smiles JPEE
Old 08-08-2010, 01:14 PM
jroo

oh yea,

Just put 5 batteries through the Blade 400 and the 450. Man, I have not flown in so long, but I flew better than ever. In my downtime, I've really been practicing on the simulator and it has paid off bigtime!

I have not flown the B400 in months. I took apart the gyro (HK401) and put a piece of double sided take inside to ensure the circuit board and wires did not rattle inside. I've read that this has been a problem with others, and it works like a champ; flys very well now.

Then I took up the 450. Man, I absolutely love this heli! It is just amazing. I was just in my front yard doing some circuits and I've never been so confident in my flying. I live on a corner lot so I was just doing some slow circuits and tooling around. What a blast. It was actually a pretty breezy too, but the musle memory just kicks in on the handling.

Although the Phoenix sim is expensive, it's the best $140 I've spent thus far in this hobby.

I'm back! hehhe
Old 08-08-2010, 02:08 PM
JPEE

Jreue,

I flew my 400 and 450 Pro a day or two ago and there is NO comparison AT ALL. I have put the 400 back up on the shelf as an "emergency heli" should someone say let go fly and my good stuff was down. Yes you have to love that 450. It flies like my 500 but smaller but dang near as stable!

Glad you got your feet wet and got to fly today.

JPEE
Old 08-08-2010, 02:38 PM
jroo

I'm not big into planes, but this thing is nice!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmCJBjd36II&feature=pyv&ad=5326545462&kw=R C plane[/youtube]
Old 08-08-2010, 07:53 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Your little key chain cam has better video quality than my big ancient video recorder.

Jreue,

That is good you have been getting some flights in after a long break.

Glenn,

That is cool you did some inverted hovering.

I like that V-12.

Well I had a pretty bad day today. I went to the fun fly today, but no one was there. It took an hour to get out there, so I was pretty bummed out.[&o] I decided to stop by my field on the way home and get a couple of flights in. I flew the Velocity for 3min and the tail stopped working again. I was low and inverted, but I managed to save a little bit of it. Mostly from the boom to the tail is bent/broken and the main blades are shot. The engine was also running really bad, but it was a 190 degrees. Then I flew the 600 and it was flying great as usual. I am starting to hate my Velocity because of it being unreliable. Right now I am not real motivated to fix my Velocity.

The heat index was also 115 degrees. I didn't think it felt too bad outside. I guess I am getting used to it.

Nick
Old 08-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Really sorry to hear about your Velocity, hate to hear of a crash due to equipment failure. [] Things will turn around for you...you may actually have to resort back to a flybar for it to work reliably. Of course flying in 115 temps doesn't make things better you know?!

Glad everyone had a good weekend, more or less. A bit tired tonight so turning in early.

Mark
Old 08-08-2010, 09:07 PM
JPEE

Nick,

I am really sorry to hear that the Velocity came down on you again........ As you said, perhaps it is time to let it sit for a while and enjoy the 600 hummmmm? Man those temps would kill a guy out there flying if he wasn't careful and did not drink enough water forsure!!

I flew my Pro and 600 today. We had a good strong breeze and gusts going on buy my noob really wanted to fly so we went. The Pro of course does fine in the wind after I kicked her into stunt but still it makes you stand on your toes sometimes. The 600 has a non helicopter issue and that's my new $100.00 5,000 mAh 40C packs from HK. They do not charge to 4.2 per cell some stay at 4.0. Then after my flight they come in like 3.7~ 3.8~ 3.8~ 4.0~ 3.9~ 3.6. I can hear the sound of the motor is different too. Besides that, when I started to lift off I saw a lot of vibration on my vertical tail fin. I flew the three packs but kept my ears open. When I landed after flight three I checked the head I ...just maybe..... my dampners are gone. As she flies not only does the tail fin buzzzzz but the landing gear are buzzing too. When I shut off the motor and the blades come down, then I see the heli shutter like the head is out of balance, she used come down smooth as glass. In a couple of weeks I'll giver her a look see after I wind the work I still have left on the house.

Take Care Nick
Old 08-08-2010, 11:23 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I can't believe you lost the Velocity again...man, that is a bummer for sure...I don't know what to tell you....do you think it was mechanical, or something still with the FBL?

You probably don't feel like talking about it, and I don't blame ya...maybe put it aside for awhile, and stick with the 600 until you feel like taking a look at it when you are in a better frame of mind with it....

Any idea why no one was at the fun fly? Was it just too hot you think? Sorry you drove all the way there for nothing...

Thanks on the inverted hovering, I'm slowly getting there. It's like learning to fly all over again....lol...

I thought that V-12 was pretty cool...I'll bet that thing cost an arm and a leg...I'd hate to think...I'm sure it's all custom made....

Wow, you must be getting used to it if 115 heat index didn't bother you...[X(]

Hope you can take your mind off of the Velocity for a bit...

jreue,

Congrats on the awesome flights....sounds like you got a huge confidence boost there!

JPEE,

Sorry to hear about the HC packs...I wonder if their quality is starting to slip, since they have gotten so much bigger and popular? Hope the packs recover from the strange voltages and what not.

Hope you can find the vibes when you take it down in a couple of weeks.

I just did a couple of flights today. I had a servo wire starting to rub through on the frame of the original 450....I think I'm going to get some of that servo wire braid stuff, since the wiring is so tight and prone to chaffing on the 450 Pro's....I read where alot of guys on HF do that....seems like good insurance...

Glenn
Old 08-09-2010, 05:28 AM
Aframomum

jreue,

Welcome back! And congrats on finishing that triathalon - that's quite a major accomplishment. Glad to hear you got some flying time in, I remember you were having some frustrating times there for a bit. Looks like clear sailing ahead.

Glenn,

Great news on getting more practice with inverted hovering with the 500, I bet the stability really comes in verses the Pro. Good catch with the Gaui - those close calls really get the heart beating don't they?

JPEE,

Maybe a few more cycles with the HK battery and things will balance out. Of course you could try contacting HK and see what they have to say, I've heard of them replacing damaged canopies on HK heli kits. Couldn't hurt to try, right?

Good luck on the house, sounds like your making some good progress there.

Was thinking about flying this morning but when I looked out the window all I saw was a milky murk of fog. Blah. [:'(] Better luck tomorrow morning.

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.