Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 01:12 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Mark,

I think I will probably go back to the fly bar or try and put the old gyro back on. I checked the sensor out last night and it is picking up movement, but it doesn't do it accurately. I am also wondering if my regulator shut off from overheating. I think it might be a little under rated in current for a flybarless heli. I checked my satellite receivers and they weren't blinking for a brown out.

JPEE,

Sorry about your 600 battery.

Glenn,

I think most of the problem is with the V-bar. The Velocity was working fine until I put it on. It seems like the mini V-bar works better, since that has been great on the 600.

The fun fly started at 9am, so people were probably there in the morning and left in the afternoon. I originally had the morning off from work, but a guy need the morning off, so I took his shift. They probably left early because of the heat.

I took the LCD off the TP charger today at school. Now I just need to find a new LCD. I thought it was interesting they are only using 4bits to send data to the LCD. I also thought it was interesting they didn't have the power FET's attached right to the case. They have a thick piece of foam between the FET's and the case. That is probably why it gets so hot.

Nick
Old 08-10-2010, 03:52 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like a plan to try going back to a tail gyro, or just going back to the flybar, just to get the heli back to flying well again, and then maybe try to sort out the V-bar later.

I do know from talking to guys with V-bar setups, that like a gyro, they are very sensitive to vibrations in the helicopter, it can throw them off...so you may want to keep that in mind if or when you go to trouble shoot the V-bar...but it sounds like you may have found it with that sensor...

That is surprising the way the FETS were mounted...almost every application I have seen, they are mounted to a heat sink of some sort...or in this case, maybe the case itself...

Sounds like everyone fled the heat at your fun fly before you got there...

Mark,

Yeah, the more I fly the 500, the more I like it now that I have a large enough space..

The Gaui thing was weird, I guess I overloaded it, because the motor just basically stalled mid turn...and of course the heli lost altitude real quick!

Glenn
Old 08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

Three days from today will be very special for you! With that.......hopefully your tail troubles will blow away and the Velocity will come back together with the tail issues cured.

Glenn, I was not clear after ready the post, did the Gaui overload and go done, or just stall?

JPEE
Old 08-10-2010, 06:09 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

I should have used a better work....like "bogged"...more accurate.

It just overloaded the motor, and the headspeed went way down...and it lost a bunch of altitude, but I grabbed it in time...

First time I've seen it do that....I guess I'm flying it alot harder than I used to..

Glenn
Old 08-10-2010, 06:39 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I ordered a new LCD for the TP charger today. There wasn't very many choices for LCDs that were the same size as the original from major US distributors. The only choices in color was a yellow/green for that size. If I got rid of one of the supports I could probably put in any LCD I wanted. It was $12.70, so it wasn't too expensive.

Nick
Old 08-11-2010, 09:00 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That sounds cool on the LCD....is it yellow digits on a green backround?

Not a bad price....should work out pretty cool..I still haven't used mine lately...but last time I did, it was OK.

I still can't get over how big and bright the display is on the Turnigy charger I got from Hobby City.

I got a couple of batteries in tonight, the field was empty. I think people are burned out of the hot weather, and are staying inside.

I had a close call, I flipped back over from inverted, and got mixed up, and tried to gain altitude by applying negative collective..[X(] I caught it, about 3 feet from the ground...

I hope I can get some more flights in tomorrow and my favorite night, Friday, when I almost always get the field to myself. I have to work Saturday, so depending on how beat I am, I may or may not fly at MHA, or I may go and watch. I hate flying when I"m really tired.

Glenn
Old 08-11-2010, 09:33 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Thunder Power update!

Thunder Power is coming out with new charger to replace the TP1010 with the 210v balancer, to compete again the Hyperion Duo. With that said, a guy I know had his balancer burn up so he contacted TP three weeks ago and asked about sending in for repairs on his nickel. They no longer will repair that equipment! ! They told him, go get a standalone balancer and that will work but that's not what he paid for in the beginning, he bought a charger with a balancer that talks to the charger. He was really really unhappy to find this out so I'll bet TP1010s soon will be worth a nothing! As we have discussed for the average guy the HK 150 watt will do the job. I know what you're saying right now, then JPEE why did you buy the new Hyperion. Welllllllll I am kinda like Glenn.......a gadget freak LOL

Nick, I am glad you got your new LCD screen, sounds like a fun project.

Glenn, that's great you got to fly a bit today too. I hear you both on the temps and humidity you two are having to bare, my heart goes out to ya.

Me: Well I finished the bathroom floor grouting yesterday, installed the toilet today. WOW inside plumbing...whooda thought? This week here it has been overall cool and damp in the mornings and then low 80s during the day. Of course now that my buddy is coming in from Palm Springs to help me lay my big floor in the dine/kitchen area it will be near or...double digits for the entire week! Go figure.[&o]
I can't wait for the floor to be done then I can get my 500 back, man oh man I miss that heli.

JPEE
Old 08-11-2010, 09:49 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I am not sure what color the digits and background colors are? It didn't have a picture of it on and only said yellow/green. I will find out when I install it.

That is good you were able to save the heli.

It sounds like you will be getting a lot of flight time in soon.

Nick
Old 08-11-2010, 10:01 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Did that guy open up the balancer/charger? It would probably be a pretty easy fix.

It sounds like you made a lot of progress on your bathroom.

Nick
Old 08-11-2010, 11:17 PM
JPEE

Nick,
I don't believe he did. Is this something you want to peek at?

JPEE
Old 08-12-2010, 05:31 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi guys,

No flying here for awhile, some remenants of a tropical storm have been hanging around since Sunday. Lots of wind and rain, I can't imagine how high the grass will be in several days.

Glenn,

How's your heartbeat after that close call? Wow, that sounded scary - 3 feet to spare. Good catch. Was this with the 500 or 450? Have a good flying day both Thursday and Friday.

JPEE,

Congrats on getting some work done on the bathroom. Closer and closer to being done. What do you plan to tackle once your house renovations are done - you may actually find yourself bored.

Nick,

Don't have enough gadgets to fix at school, now your having things shipped to you?

Mark
Old 08-12-2010, 05:04 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

If he wants me to try and fix it I could see what I could do. It is kind of hard to fix electronics without a schematic, so I couldn't make any promises. If he wants me to take a look at it, it would help to see some detailed photos of the circuit board around the balance connector. There will probably be some burn marks on the components or the board.

Mark,

Sorry about your storms.

Nick
Old 08-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

The storms actually blew over today, so sunshine and clear skies for the rest of the weekend.

Have you had the chance to look over your Velocity yet? Bet your getting geared up for this weekend.

Mark
Old 08-12-2010, 06:25 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I only did a quick look over on the Velocity the day I crashed it. It looks like I have most of the parts except a boom support and maybe some bearings.

I probably won't go flying this weekend. I have to work in the mornings and it will probably still be in the triple digits.

Nick
Old 08-12-2010, 10:04 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not much new here...had a few big storms come through, and dodged a couple of big ones...no power outage this time! There were tornado warnings, and trees down, power out in Northern VA and other parts of MD...

Nick,

Sorry it's so hot for ya there...I think I am getting a little break, looks like mid 80's this week and weekend. I have to work on Saturday too, if that makes you feel any better...lol..

Hope it cools down some for ya...

Mark,

Sounds like you got a break in the weather...good deal!

That close call was with a 450...my NEW 450...so I'm glad it didn't end up in the dirt! It would not have been too bad, from that altitude, but still....it's still uncrashed...and I'd like to keep it that way if I can...

Hope the clearing weather gives you some flying opportunities!

Glenn
Old 08-13-2010, 12:57 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is good you didn't loose power this time.

I got my LCD today and installed it. The datasheet for the original LCD wasn't accurate or TP modified the LCD because it was shorter than the specs on the datasheet. So the LCD I got is a little too tall for the charger. Other than that it seems to be working great. It has black characters and the backlight is the same color as the original.

Nick
Old 08-13-2010, 05:00 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I lucked out this time on the power. Some people are still out now as I write this. It's been a hot, stormy summer here....worse than I can remember in a while, and that's after a horrible winter too...[&o]

The LCD sounds like it worked out well, if not perfect...are you able to fit it in the case so it looks OK? Sounds like a sucess overall...

No flying tonight, it's gusty, and looks like it could pour rain any time now, but it's nice and COOL...72 degrees!!!

Glenn
Old 08-13-2010, 06:37 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

There is a few glitches going into some menus where the words wrap around in the wrong spot. I don't know if that is programming or the LCD. I let it charge one of my recceiver batteries for a half hour and there wasn't any glitches. My new LCD is a half inch taller, so the case can't fit all the way down. There is probably an 1/8 to a 1/4in cap in the case top. If I cut into the plastic top I could fit the top all the way down. I also ordered some other electronics with the LCD. I got a couple more powerfull microcontrollers and some other electronics. I don't have any projects for them know, but I didn't want to pay a lot in shipping just for a LCD.

Nick
Old 08-13-2010, 09:25 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry the display has some bugs, but it sounds like the charger is working well.

Too bad the display didn't come in the correct size...sounds like you could mod the case to have this one work and look OK...

Cool on the new micro controllers for future projects.

I wonder how things are going at IRCHA?

I think Charles and another guy from Hobby Hangar went earlier in the week. It's a nine hour drive from here...[X(]

I'd like to go sometime, but that would take some planning, and saving for that trip.

Hopefully, I'll have enough energy left after work tomorrow to fly at MHA. If not, I'll probably just go up there and hang out. I met a couple of real nice friends up there that are cool to hang out with....we all turn wrenches on cars or buses...so we kinda have alot in common in that respect.

Hope your hot weather cools off some, so you can get some flying in, at least with the 600...

Glenn
Old 08-13-2010, 09:25 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Well I did it! the 500 is back. You are talking to one happy guy! I did do some things different this time on the rebuild. I ran the wiring outside the heli in armor until I ran out and both LHS were out too so I have to get that done yet. In doing this, the complete tail section and box come out of the frame without the disturbing any wires now. Another by product of modifying the EXI 500 frame (it was dead on too) to fit my 3000 mah packs I chose this time to take out the ESC and mount it on the side where she can cool better and.....now I don't sweat the wires getting into the pinion anymore or interfering with the battery strap.

When I took her for a hover the blades kept coming in and out of tracking, HUH? Well homey has played that game before so I rebuilt the head and took out the worn out SOFT grey dampners and replaced them with hard black one's. Oh boy I'll bet she will pop now. After taking her for a flight over the house in both normal and stunt 1 everything stayed tracking 100%.

I'll read the back posting to see what you guys are up too and get back current replies.

John

Nick, cool that you got the TP LCD to work! Sorry the fit was not what you want. LIke Glenn said, perhaps you can make something work. Heck man that is still a $200.00 if its the TP1010 so it is worth fixing forsure. Sorry about the extra hours too and the heat, man you getting it from several directions.
Regarding the balancer thats very nice of you to offer. I'll touch base with him and see what's what and get back to you. If it comes to that then you can give me your address in a PM.

Glenn, sorry you have to work Saturday, I know how much you hate that. Yes I agree for a 9 hour road trip some plans and $$ would need to be set aside to be able to go and have a good time. Glad to hear you have some buds to chat it up with even if your too pooped to fly and that are "hands on guys's" like yourself makes it even better.

I hope you guys have some fun this weekend. JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16483.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	1483593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24947.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1483594  
Old 08-13-2010, 10:28 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Congrats on getting the 500 back in the air again, and all the new changes that should make maintenance and repairs easier in the future.

I am thinking about re-doing the 450 wiring with that servo wire braid stuff, to keep the chaffing down. I found a bare wire the other day, and it was near a frame edge...that could be ugly if it shorted out. I repaired it for the time being, but I think I'll get some of that braided servo wire line to have on hand for the next rebuild, and do them then. I have found that the insulation on the Align servo wires is very, very soft, and is easily damaged.

Good to hear that the new dampeners solved the tracking issue.

I'll check back in later or tomorrow....

Glenn
Old 08-13-2010, 11:01 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

There will probably be some cool vids of IRCHA once it is over.

That is cool you have some more friends to fly with.

JPEE,

Good to hear your 500 is flying good again.

I have the TP 610 charger, so it is a little cheaper. However, I probably fixed it faster than if I sent it to TP to have them fix it.

Nick
Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Hope the weekend has been going great for you all.

I think I am going to have to slow down on my morning flights for the rest of my dayshift training. Had the chance to fly Friday morning - not too bad later in the flight but in the beginning I almost flew her into the ground during a turn. I actually saw dirt fly up as I gave full throttle. Craziest thing - I was just doing a turn and I guess I was still in that 'half asleep, half awake' mode, kinda like your mind is still in a fog after you first wake up. Very slow reactions to say the least. Will be looking forward to when training is over and I can start evenings, that'll give me a chance to fly around noon before I go to work - be out there during Glenn's flying time.

JPEE,

That looked like a bunch of work you just did on your 500 - congrats on getting everything squared away and her back in the air. I like the change in wiring so everything is quick and easy to get to during a repair. That's what I had to do with my Pro, make the wiring a bit unsightly but have it easy to take things apart.

Nick,

Good job on doing the DIY repair for your TP charger. I do wish I had your skill so that when an electronic gadget goes out due to something small I wouldn't have to rely on factory repair to do the job. Sounds like a tangle with a dremel wheel and the case should fit your new LCD.

Glenn,

Hope work was nice to you today. And enjoy that cool weather too!

We too had a wicked storm hit Friday evening - I was on the computer but decided after a few close cracks to shut things down. I lady from work told me that her house was hit by lightening and she lost several electrical components, and they were hooked up to surge protectors. Kind of a scary thing considering I am now in the lightening capital of the country. []

One thing to consider with your wiring wrapping around the frame of your Pro is to use electrical tape - I wrapped a few sections on both the frame corners and on the wire itself. You could even do that and braid the wire afterwards, for added security. Definitely good catch on that before it became a short. Wouldn't want to have a mishap with your new Pro (or any heli for that matter) due to shafed wire.

Mark
Old 08-14-2010, 08:55 PM
choppersrule

IRCHA videos, for ya. Hey Mark, sounds like you're settled in there in Florida and having a great time. Best to ya. Dave

http://www.crackroll.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115
Old 08-14-2010, 09:02 PM
choppersrule

JPEE,

Much easier install and repair with the new/old way you did it on the 500. I've always been to lazy to mount the ESC under battery tray, just to darn hard.
Tip: Never get your zip ties to tight.
Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.