Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 10:53 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

JPEE,

Much easier install and repair with the new/old way you did it on the 500. I've always been to lazy to mount the ESC under battery tray, just to darn hard.
Tip: Never get your zip ties to tight.
Dave
Thanks Dave for the hints.

Well the 500 went in again today on the first pack! I flew for a few minutes and she was smooth as always. Then I hit idle-up and pulled a back flip............oh crap.......you could hear the motor bog and then she went sideways and came down. The good part was my buddy was making a video and you can the see the heli doing well and then when the flip comes she bogs and goes a bit wacky. I found on the site that I lost one of my cheapie HDX blades, a Hitec 5424 or something close to that number, main and f shafts and thats all. My new frame survived YEAH ! ! I had "just in case" flew a taped up old canopy, so no lose there. The 3000 mah pack took a hit but appears to be ok at this point. I really can't understand why she came down. But she is shelved for the next 7 days whele I lay tile in the kitchen and dining room.

Mark, give yourself a rest. No sense flying if your not 200%. Best of luck on your training.

JPEE
Old 08-15-2010, 04:18 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Sorry your 500 went down again.

Nick
Old 08-15-2010, 09:49 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, I didn't get much flying in this weekend...in fact, none...

I was pooped after work on Saturday, like always, and like Mark just learned, I just plain don't fly if I'm really tired, I have learned that lesson before....another reason I hate working Saturdays...

But, at least that puts me at the bottom of the cycle now, so no Saturdays for at least the next month...

Today, it was a mixture of rain, and just not feeling like flying...cloudy all day, and rain earlier, and then looked like rain all day.

I should be good and ready to fly this week after work now though...

JPEE,

Wow, sorry to hear the 500 went down....sounds like it's fairly minor, at least, as you said, the frames were spared...

Hope you can pin down what happened...

Nick,

Looks like Dave posted some video of IRCHA for us....

Did you make any progress on the Velocity?

Mark,

Sounds like some scary stuff, that lightning down there....glad you didn't get any electronics or your computer zapped...[X(]

That sucks that your neighbor's electronics got hit even with surge protectors...ouch!!

I've got to redo the wiring on the 450's at some point. I think I'll order the braid stuff, to have on hand, and next crash or rebuild, plan on doing it then. 99% of the wiring looks OK, this was in a spot where the wire goes in tight with the frame. The wire wasn't cut at the frame, but rather on the outside...I repaired it using some pretty cool liquid electrical tape. The stuff goes on wet and gooey, and then dries, and looks and feels sorta like electrical tape. Works great on stuff like this, where it would be difficult to wrap electrical tape in such a tight area...

Dave,

Thanks for the link to the IRCHA videos....

I haven't watchted it yet, gonna do that next here...just wanted to check in!

Glenn
Old 08-16-2010, 09:02 AM
JPEE

Glenn,
Well looking at the weather it appears we have nearly to the same degree forecast 93 degrees. The exception comes where you have T Storms hanging and humidity. Right now it is 63 and it is 6:30 a.m. Yes I know your just getting ready to go to bed lol. Hope you got rested up on Sunday.
Take care guys JPEE on the side this week.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:06 AM
jroo

Flew 3 few packs on the 450 this weekend. Still flying well...
Old 08-16-2010, 10:48 AM
JPEE

Jreue,
Don't you just love the 450 Pro. Glad you got out there. I flew three packs on mine after the 500 went down again. Have a good week

John
Old 08-16-2010, 01:09 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I haven't even touched the Velocity. I was sick over the weekend, so I just watched some movies. I am finally starting to feel better. I might save the Velocity for a winter project.

Nick
Old 08-16-2010, 04:37 PM
jroo

The batteries I received with my 450 are these:

[link=http://www.flying-hobby.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_ id=1458]APLus 2200mAh 25C 11.1v[/link]

I really like them so far...

With my Blade 400, I am using the Zippy 2200mAh, and after a flight, they are pretty puffy. Are they about to go bad? They seem to hold a charge and perform well, I'm just concerned about the puffiness.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

JPEE,

Sorry to hear about your 500, hopefully you'll get that motor bogging issue solved. Hope the damage isn't all that bad. Yeah, we also have the nice hot weather, but you'd expect that with Fl.

Nick,

Hope your feeling better after this weekend. All night college drinking binges will do that you know??! What movies did you watch?
Office Space was always a favorite of mine.

Dave,

Yep, getting used to Fl weather - sort of. Thanks for the IRCHA video's, there's quite a bit. Did you see the one with the heli-chick? That heli was almost bigger then she was, yet she handled it with such grace.

jreue,

Good deal on the Sport flying. Don't worry too much about the puffyness, sometimes the battery warming will expand the shrink plastic, just keep an eye on the amount you put back in too see if your going past that 80% rule.

Glenn,

No more weekends for at least a month, that's some major flying time. Hope you get some flying in this week.

Mark
Old 08-16-2010, 07:54 PM
jroo

Just got in another flight in my yard with the 450. Looks like a bit of a storm is coming in; I caught the weather just in time. It's getting pretty windy now. Need I say again, I love this heli!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:35 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Man, sorry to hear you were sick over the weekend, hope you are doing better now....I hate having a cold or being sick in the summer worse than I do in the winter...[:'(]

Yeah, maybe it's best to put the Velocity away for a bit....and even for a winter overhaul project...maybe you and it need a break...but I'm sure in time, you'll be ready to get it back in shape again...

Hope you feel better soon.

jreue,

Sounds cool on the 450...they are great flying helis for sure...glad you are liking it!

I had some Rhino batteries that got puffy like that after a flight, and they just kept going and going, just kinda died a very slow, gradual death, but it took a long time...as long as they are putting out good power, and taking a normal charge (very carefully observed, I might add...[X(])...you can continue to fly them for awhile...

Mark,

I'll bet the weather is hot in FL....but in a few months, when the fall leaves need raking around here, you'll still be flying... I'm going to try to fly until I can't take the cold...so I should be OK until sometime in November...if memory serves me correctly from last year, I put my low flying temp at just about 45 degrees....much colder than that, and the fingers just don't like to work anymore...unless it's for short, one-flight bursts, then warm up in the car...

Glenn
Old 08-17-2010, 02:42 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I wasn't that kind of sick. I had a cold that I probably got from a co-worker. I have a few more months left before I can drink. I feel like normal now.

I watched 3 fast and the furious movies and Hidalgo. I haven't watched Office Space in a long time. There are a few kids in my class that wanted to destroy some electronics like they did in Office Space.

Nick
Old 08-17-2010, 06:18 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Glad to hear your feeling better. WASH YOUR HANDS when you are work so THEY dont' make you sick LOL.

Yes I watched Office Space "partly" again the other day, what a flick.

Well night two and I will sleep like a baby. Yesterday it took us most of the day to float the kitchen floor with self leveling compound. Today we set all of the whole tile square. Tomarrow we cut 50 or more piece to fit all of the short areas. Holy cow my back is already sore.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64219.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1485767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34853.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1485768  
Old 08-17-2010, 06:26 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Your kitchen looks good.

Nick
Old 08-18-2010, 05:13 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

JPEE,

that tile floor is coming along nicely - nice professional look too. In the end well worth the aches and pains.

Nick,

Just messing with you about the drunken thing. Glad to hear your feeling better.

I think the only F & F movie I liked was the first one. Don't think I've heard of Hidalgo.

Glenn,

I remember last winter with all the snow you guys had, totally crazy. Hope this one will be a bit more gentle.

I am looking forward to next month when I can finally start evenings and get the chance to fly in the afternoons - at least the weather will be a bit more managable than it is now.

Mark
Old 08-19-2010, 08:28 AM
jroo

Got to fly a few packs last night. Flew 1 pack in the B400. After some adjustment to the swashmix and the gyro gain, it flew pretty well. It's a good bird, but does not hold a candle to the 450. I had the idea of holding onto the B400 as a backup bird, but I just don't enjoy flying it as much as the 450. I think someone here said 'learn' on one helicopter, don't flip back and forth between them. I have both B400 and 450 set to feel about the same as far as flight controls, but the 450 just handles better; it feels heavier/bigger in the air; not so twitchy/hoppy.
I then flew 2 packs in the 450. I'm really just trying to feel more comfortable in all orientations. I'm having a great time just doing small circuits in my front yard/street. I can tell you, just 2 months ago, I was uncomfortable hovering side-in, but with a ton of sim time, I am so much more comfortable. Next is nose-in.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
evdreamer

Jreue,

That is good you are enjoying your 450.

Guys,

I was doing some research last night and I finally figured out how to measure Ah when the current is constantly changing. So I started designing some simple test circuits last night. I am hoping to get a working prototype by tomorrow. Then maybe sometime next week I can get a working Watt meter.

Nick
Old 08-19-2010, 08:39 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

The kitchen tile and stuff looks great! Looks like you are getting close to being done....good for you!

Hope you can get everything wrapped up soon on that huge project!

Mark,

Yeah, I doubt we'll see another winter as harsh as that one, at least snowfall wise, for quite a while...it would be hard to top that...

Weatherman said we have had over 60 days of 90+ heat here so far this year...this is one of the hottest summers I can remember as well...and the electric bill shows it too..[X(]

Hope you can get more flying and better conditions when you start evenings....

The days are getting shorter and shorter....I can only fly now until about 7:45 before it starts to get a bit too dark...my indicator is when I can clearly see the gyro or RX light illuminated while flying... Learned not to fly past that point about a year ago.....don't ask..lol...

jreue,

Sounds like you are making progress in leaps and bounds!

Yes, the B400 and the Align 450's are quite a bit different....and I agree with the 450 flying bigger and heavier...

Still, at times, I miss the agility and quickness of the B400....yeah, they aren't quite as stable, but they are very quick responding helis!

Nick,

That would be a cool accomplishement if you got a watt meter to work next week. I have never used one, I have seen some plane guys use them at the plane club.

Hope your cold is better.

I finally flew tonight, 4 packs....the first time I've flown in about a week...it's either been rain, work, or people in the way lately....but tomorrow should be good, and the weekend weather looks promising...I'll have to make up for last week, and missing flying because of WORK.

Glenn
Old 08-19-2010, 09:33 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Well I ordered my repair 500 parts yesterday and then picked them up today, a $107.00 CRAP! As I tore in to the heli and removed the Ptich servo which is a Hitec 5424MG? I then found the Elevator servo was trashed too! CRAP another $50.00 tomorrow I need to spend. I opened both servos up and found bent shafts and stripped MG gears! So then I thought I will go back and order two replacement gear sets at $17.00 each instead of the new servos. But again under the magnifying glass I found that in both cases the little female divit in the top of the servo case that holds the shaft in place was split out. So I am affraid that under stress that the new gear pins "might" slip out and let the servo fail. So the choice is not very difficut, two new servos for $100.00 or rebuild them for $34.00 and take a chance on crashing a $1,150.00 helicopter............hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm......OK I have made my decision NEW SERVOS.

Side note, the floor is done! The appliance's arrive tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. just about the time Glenn is considering going to bed LOL and we will be done. The only hold up is.....the Plumber can't come back to do the tie in of the gas and faucets and dishwasher until Monday..............

We can survive two more days.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:44 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I have a Watt meter that I was thinking about using as a comparison to mine for accuracy. It is pretty useful on planes, but is kind of dangerous to use on a heli.

That is cool you got to fly.

JPEE,

Sorry about your repair costs.

Nick
Old 08-20-2010, 04:25 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I hate it when this happens.....[X(]

http://jalopnik.com/5617310/video-cr...ver-air-rights

And I thought flying at my plane field was risky!

Glenn
Old 08-20-2010, 08:37 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Nick, I hope your well by now!

Glenn, what a video! At the City Fly Park it is posted we have a 400 ceiling

I just finished rebuilding the 500 AGAIN and could find no reason for the last crash. This last crash cost me: new blades, new main and f shafts, new front TT drive gear only, TWO new Hitec servos 5424MGs...man I tore those gears apart and strip many teeth off, "used" canopy, new lower main gear to drive tail TT gear.

Glenn, I got more of the servo mesh and ran all of my wires outside now. So I am attaching a few pics for your review. Some are the old shots and then the new with the jacketing on the wire. OBTW.........just now while making my test flight I heard a buzz and thats when I found the frot TT drive gear was missing two teeth. So here was my chance to tear off of the tail fast and you what? it worked. Having no wites inside the frame let that tail just slip right out.
Going flying in the morning so I PRAY this thing wil hold together and NO idle-up for me for a while.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65928.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	1487393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73337.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1487394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43244.jpg
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	1487395   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23258.jpg
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1487396   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40640.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	1487397   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40332.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1487398  
Old 08-21-2010, 03:09 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I would think the full size plane would be able to see that big RC plane on the runway and get out of the way.

JPEE,

That that is cool you got your 500 back together in a short time.

I have been working on my Ah/Watt meter all day and I thought I would be farther by now. I had to write some new arithmetic code to handle bigger numbers. Then I was trying to get my analog to digital converter to work, but couldn't. I think I may have damaged it. So I am using an external one with good results. I am about a 1/3 done with it. This has been fun so far and it is about time I had another electronic project to work on.

Nick
Old 08-21-2010, 07:52 AM
JPEE

Hi Nick,
man I am sorry for the frustrations on your meter project. Not knowing whether the meter is defective or not makes it even more difficult. Good luck with the projects.
It is 5:50 a.m. am loading up
my plane and two helis. I hope the day goes well, and I hope yours does too.
John
Old 08-21-2010, 04:37 PM
JPEE

Oh Boy,

It is quite again, everyone must be busy.

Well I took out the 500 and flew three packs through her in normal mode and just did circuts. In the end I noticed the tail bobbing up and down far to much to consider that is a normal as TT 500 are known to do that. In the field I checked the tail rotor shaft and it looked good. So I am thinking that the boom has a "ever" so slight bend in it and that perhaps the TT drive rod is stressed and causing this. To address this matter I will pull the boom and replace it and see how she does. The tail blades are perfect and in balance so thats not it. But overall what a day. Again the 500 three flights and the 450 Pro two flights and my plane one flight and after that is was getting REAL hot so we packed it in and came home WHOLE.

Smiles JPEE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.