Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

That's some really crazy stuff you just described with your credit cards - you always hear about it but when it hits close to home you get on alert. Hope the paperwork saga doesn't take all that long. Good thing you caught it before you had to use the card and found out by it getting declined. []

You guys have definitely taught me to take a moment to quickly save/copy before hitting the ok button, dang its aggrevating to lose an hours worth of stuff in a blink of an eye. [:@] I feel your pain JPEE.

Good to hear you saved the 600 - I know how I felt when my old 450 would go in, couldn't imagine a 600. [X(] Good save.

I definitely don't do the glare, clouds somewhat, but not glare. Case in point, I brought my Pro with me yesterday to fly before work but found out the sun at 1pm is right in your eyes if you try flying anything above the horizon. So wound up getting to work very early.

Thanks Dave for keeping us updated on Jeff, hope all is going well for him. I know he had gotten very busy with the new house move and it seems he is still just as busy. []

Mark

Old 09-09-2010, 03:08 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I"ve been slacking on posting lately, not really a whole lot new here, it's been great weather, very low humidity, and the temps are nice, but it's been quite breezy, for sure, with gusts in the 20's MPH range.

JPEE,

Hope you get that credit card stuff figured out, I've been there not once, but twice...[X(] In both cases, the bank was real good about taking care if it as quickly as possible, but the "investigation" part took about a month...before all was totally resolved. In the meantime, they credited my account (mine were both with debit cards)...

Glad you saved the 600 at the last second! That would do a number on your bank account too if it hit the ground...

I can't picture the glare you are talking about, but I only fly after about 3PM...lol..

Nick,

Hope the Velocity is all ready for your demo.

Mark,

I ALWAYS copy and save before I post...I have lost a few LONG posts, and man can that be frustrating!!![sm=what_smile.gif]

Dave,

Thanks for the update on Jeff, sure hope he can find some time to get some flying in again one of these days...in the meantime, hope all is well with him...we miss him around here!

Glenn
Old 09-09-2010, 05:55 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah, the Velocity is all ready. I was going to go flying today, but it was raining earlier today. It is still kind of cloudy, so I didn't want to take a chance.

I am working on writing some code to get my OLED working on my new controllers. My LCD should be here anytime between Friday and Wednesday, so I would like to get the basic code done to get the display to turn on and display some simple stuff.

Nick
Old 09-09-2010, 10:27 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I got my OLED display working and here are a couple of pictures. I was just trying out some of the features.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vs55938.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1498152   Click image for larger version

Name:	pn37792.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	1498153  
Old 09-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Aframomum

Nick,

Looks good. Is the LED your waiting for the one with the touch screen? What exactly is an OLED - for the electrically challenged?

Hope you get a chance to fly your Velocity soon.

Mark
Old 09-10-2010, 01:09 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

The touch screen that I am waiting for is a LCD. It should be about the same size or a little larger than the standard LCD's on chargers. OLED stands for Organic Light Emitting Diode. Glenn could probably go into more detail, since he knows a lot about new technology. I have read that these displays could be put on a thin film and rolled up when you want. The company that I got these displays from also has a large touch screen OLED display, but that is pretty expensive. I plan on using my new LCD on a battery management system that I have been working on for a few years.

Nick
Old 09-10-2010, 11:15 AM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

Well its been pretty quite here other than the CC scam and what that intails. The bank sent me some forms I have to take them to the Police Station and file for Identity thieft. There are many sheets to complete and letters I have to write to all three Credit Agencies too. Glenn, this is my second time too!

It was a Beee U T ful day yesterday so we went to fly at 3:00 up at the Club Field. The wind was blowing but that means nothing for me but I was a bit concerned for my noob. He jumped right out there with his plane a Cub with a brushed motor which dang near flies itself I told him this: flat out baby and head into that wind, lower your timer because you will eat the pack running at higher RPM than you every have over and entire flight and he did. He did extremly well and came and landed but tipped over almost at a stop when the cross wind took it. Then he took his 450 clone up for hovering and then his 500. I did a few things to help him. After he struggled with the wind on the 450 I could hear his motor going up and down as he struggled keeping in place against the wind. So I went out and modded his throttle curve so at 55% stick... he was at 80% throttle across the board. Then when he went up again as he moved the stick for pitch the motor was stable thus his tail did not jump or move with him cranking on the throttle. He said he loved it but it was a bit scary to hear the higher RPMS, but again remarked how easy it made the heli fly.

I flew my 450 Pro and my 500. My 450 is so twitchen and dialed in she just takes the wind like nothing. On my second to the last flight of the day when I brought the 450 in she was dancing all over. I could not tell of something was wrong heli or it was just wind but it was a battle. I put her on the bench and found the flybar had come loose in the cage! So I got everything aligned and loctited in place. Then I took her out and and flew her socks off on stunt doing loops and rolls until..................all of a sudden she would not handle at all, there was very little response to my stick. I could see as I was pretty high up I was not going to be able to regain control so I just hit THold and let her fall still working the sticks. As I have explained we fly in a debris dam basin so there are large trees and bushes and brush. It took awaile looking and I could not find her so I called my noob out and we started a more methodical pattern looking. I told him to check the trees and bushes. He yells out, I found it! I walk over the there she is on her side in the brush after falling through a bush that was 10 feet tall. Just looking at it the only damage I could see is a blade strike in the boom and the boom was bent downward just a bit and everyting still turned through the gears. So it is possible that the wind threw her around and she had the blade strike and that brought her down. I just dont know but she will get a complete tear down and a look see to every part to look for another reason she lost control. Guys, I have crashed everything in spades I own and have always been forth coming about it, this crash was not Pilot error but a mechanical one.

OBTW.....at the field I was using my Hyperion Duo for the I think the second time and man oh man charging the 500 3000 mah packs at 2C is so cool. It charges them at 6 amps faaaaaast!

Nick, your charger looks so cool. I hope your touch screen comes in very soon, thats quite a project!

Mark, Glenn, Nick, thanks for the kind words on the CC scandel I am trying to right.

Nick, my accomplishement as far as electronics goes was a good one. My new key chain cam quit working and wont hold a charge for more than 30 seconds. Once I found out Xheli would not cover with warranty as it was 40 days old and the warranty is 30 I took it apart. I will admit there is a site I checked first that shows how people mod these cams for their needs and change its focus, larger batteries and chips for longer run time. So I took it apart, looked at the 3.7 Lipo at 200 mah and cut it out! Then I took a connector for a 1 cell 120 mAh from my micro P51 and MCX and soldered that all in. Now you have to remember I paid Xheli $29.70 for this thing so it was not going in the trash can NO WAY. I now can find them and have bought more at $9.00 in China delivered...I digress so back to the matter at hand. I soldered in the connector and plugged in the battery and YAHOO she worked like a champ! The battery was not fully charged but I got a 7 minute video before it shut down. I also learned about internal battery over charge circuts in my homework on this project. Use the wrong battery and BOOM! I saw where a motorcycle rider modded his camera by taking out the mic and extending the wires in his helmet to the front of his mouth with a jack no less. Then he took out the battery and brought those wires out and used a Nokia 1000 mAh camera battery and taped that to the outside of the cam. Then on the back he used two rare earth magnets so when he is ready to ride he comes to the bike, sets the cam on the handlebars, plugs in his mic and he has a two hour battery life and a 1 hour SD card size and he is tickled with his results.

Ok I have board you all enough.....bye.

JPEE

Old 09-10-2010, 01:16 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That is cool you had some nice weather for flying. It has been raining here for the past two days.

Sorry about your 450.

That is good you are enjoying your Hyperion charger. I really like mine. I like their new data logger for the PC. I think your charger is capable of using it.

That is cool you fixed your key chain cam.

My LCD came today. My other electronics came also. However, I didn't hear the door bell, so I have to pick them up after work tomorrow. I forgot this new LCD has a built in speaker that I can use.

I went to my LHS today and they are still out of fuel. Now they said it will be in sometime next week.

Nick

Name:	da83253.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1498420  
Old 09-11-2010, 11:15 PM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

Here are my plans for tomarrow morning.
JPEE

Name:	Vt58384.jpg
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	1499063  
Old 09-12-2010, 12:14 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Looks like fun.

I might have to send my new LCD back. They sent me a LCD with the wrong processor and I don't have the equipment to program it.

I picked up my electronics today. I built most of the hardware for my new version of my battery management system. Then I ran into a problem. I went to go program my controller, but my programmer wasn't working. I found out my programmer doesn't work with this type of controller, so I had to order a new one.[&o]

Nick
Old 09-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Aframomum

Nick,

sorry to hear they sent you the wrong processor for your new LCD, and then your programmer not working - I think you just need to go out and fly some to get all that off your mind. Hopefully you get all your programmers and processors straightened out during the week though.

JPEE,

man oh man does that look like a good time for sure, lucky you!

Seems you had a good time flying at your field the other day, minus the blade strike on your Pro. [] Hey, your 500 sounds like it performed flawlessly. Your newbie seems to be progressing nicely, good job and I'm sure he's grateful to have someone to guide him through these early and sometimes confusing times.

Very interesting writeup on the keycam. Will have to save that for later on - I think my order from Xheli will be coming in on Tuesday so that is good to know for when the time comes.

Not a whole lot going on here, weather is still hot so just waiting it out for a few more days. Been going over my old CPP2 and ordered some parts to get her airworthy again. Kinda missed the freedom of having something small to fly around the front yard.

JPEE, have fun at the funfly today and get some pictures if you can.

Mark
Old 09-12-2010, 04:45 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

Yeah, I really need to get out and fly. It seems like work, school, and my projects have been getting in the way of flying recently. I know I will fly on the 17th though.

Have fun with the CPP2.

Nick
Old 09-12-2010, 08:15 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

Looks like fun.

I might have to send my new LCD back. They sent me a LCD with the wrong processor and I don't have the equipment to program it.

I picked up my electronics today. I built most of the hardware for my new version of my battery management system. Then I ran into a problem. I went to go program my controller, but my programmer wasn't working. I found out my programmer doesn't work with this type of controller, so I had to order a new one.[&o]

Nick
Hey Nick, sorry to hear you have to deal with all of that returning of LCD's. Man that must be very frustrating to try and work with something and then find after hours of work THEY sent you the wrong parts.

Suprise JPEE ! ! is what I heard when took a litle bit better look at the 450 Pro. The frame got broken on one side where the boom strut makes contact. It is not broken off but 80% damaged. I think it will fly fine, I am not gonna sweat it all. Still have not had time to tear her down.

The Fun Fly was a joke. Very few people. a few very nice planes but this was not near what I have seen before. The upside is..........my noob had never been to the City Fly Park so that made it a bit interesting for him. We stayed one hour and call it DONE. But in a week or two they are having a swap meet! Now that perks up my ears...we will be there for that, you can bet on that.

JPEE
Old 09-12-2010, 08:52 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Sorry about your 450 frame.

That is too bad that your Fun Fly wasn't very good.

Nick
Old 09-13-2010, 09:02 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I kinda missed posting here in the last couple of days...had to work Saturday, so that pretty much ruined the weekend for me...as usual...and I missed all but the last half hour of the "Rotary Wings Over Maryland" helicopter fun fly at my plane field...the one day out of the year that the club does all helis, and I was scheduled to work...[&o]

I still got to see the "gang" from MHA, most everyone was there, and chatted with everyone, they had about 15 heli pilots registered, so that was a pretty good turnout...

As expected, exactly at 4PM, the plane guys were out on the field...lol...Charles from MHA got there at 8AM, and there were plane guys there then, they waited and BS'ed around all day, waiting to fly..

It was cool, I got to see most everyone in the local RC heli world, and chatted with everyone...so not a total loss...

I did get a couple of flights in later at my little field, and that was good, it's been awhile since I had the 450's out...

I'll post more later, just waiting here at work for an AC system to vacuum down...

I've also been kinda busy at the gadgets again....got a shiny new iPhone 4, which I absolutely LOVE!

Talk to you guys later on....

Glenn
Old 09-14-2010, 09:17 AM
jroo

howdy,

Still alive here. Got a few flights in last night and it was great. The weather has been perfect here, 0 wind.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:32 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry you missed most of your heli fun fly.

Cool on the new iPhone.

Jreue,

That is good you have nice weather.

Did you finish your electronic swash leveler?

Nick
Old 09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
JPEE

HEY GUYS

FREE SHIPPING RIGHT NOW FROM HOBBY PARTZ. 1:50 PM. 9/14/10

http://www.hobbypartz.com/

Old 09-14-2010, 05:39 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

My previous job just called me. They wanted to know if I could temporarily work for them during the holidays. I turned the offer down because there would be way too much stress and I would get payed less than my current job.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:17 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not much going on over here, I wanted to fly tonight, but had to work late, and finish some stuff up, and do a little bit on my car.

Maybe tomorrow night...hopefully, the days are getting shorter all the time...

Nick,

That would be nice to have the extra cash at the holidays, but I hear you on the extra stress...I hate just working Saturdays when I have to, I can't imagine a second job...[&o]

JPEE,

Sorry your fun fly was lame...mine was good, but I missed most of it, so that was kind of a bummer...maybe next year. At least I got to see eveyone though.

Thanks for the heads up on the Hobby Partz site.

jreue,

Good for you on the excellent weather, mine has been pretty decent lately too, I just have to get out and do some flying....

Mark,

Hope you weather turns a bit cooler for ya, and you can get the CPP2 up and flying for some front yard flying soon!

Glenn
Old 09-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Aframomum

Hi all,

Nick,

Isn't it nice to turn down a job offer b/c they can't compete with what you currently have? Power! How's the projects going?

Glenn,

Glad you had the chance to fly some (the other day I mean), hope the car work wasn't too bad.

The days definitely are getting shorter and I do hope this winter is much nicer to you then last years. []

JPEE,

Finally got my keychain cam from Xheli. Have been going over the sites you gave way back. Maybe I can get some aerial video up sometime this weekend.

Sorry to hear of the damage on the Pro. Maybe a bit of superglue will take care of it.

Swap meet in a few weeks aye? Sounds like you and your newbie will be stocking up on new goodies!

jreue,

Good to hear from you. Are you still flying the 250 or the Sport - or both?!

Got my parts in for the CPP2 so will be working on it a bit tonight after work, in between playing with my new key cam of course.

Mark
Old 09-14-2010, 08:31 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I just got done working out the bugs in some code I have been putting off for awhile. I can't really do too much more until my new programmer arrives. It should come in the next couple of days. I have all the hardware setup for testing, so I can start right away once I get the programmer.

That is cool you got your CPP2 parts and your camera.

Nick
Old 09-15-2010, 09:25 AM
jroo

Nick,
I did finish the leveler. It came along well. Both SPOTs take accelerometer readings and report the measured angle as well as miscellanios data such as battery life, signal strength, etc via radio signal to a remote basestation. The results are presented on the computer screen. Last thing i was working on was displaying, graphically, the battery life; very similar to the graphic used on your phones.

I've been meaning to create a video and post it here. That will be on my to-do list.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:42 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,
I hope your new programmer arrives real soon so you can move on to your next step.

Mark,
Glad you cam has arrived. If you have any questions feel free to send me an email rather than a PM as email comes to my phone and I get those almost instantly.

Jreue,
Sounds like you and Nick speak the same language "electronics" LOL. Your project sounds very cool too.

Glenn,
Well I told you all the 450 Pro went in again last week and that is was a heli failure. I finished replacing some minor parts, a boom and tail box gears and shaft and got ready for a test hover and noticed the elevator was dead. Today I tore her down again I found the issue, yes a Hitec 65MG is dead! So I plugged in another servo to verify the receiver and the radio were ok tool. So there is a new servo in there and Glenn, I found a dramatic short cut to take the elevator servo out easy as pie! While she is apart I thought I would go ahead and slip wire guard on every wire like I just did to the 500 and run all of the wires outside again...like the 500 for easy access in the future. Tomorrow I will hit Fry's and buy a roll of that wire armor. With the stock elevator servo in the frame which is put in place from the inside out I found that by removing the servo case screws (4) that the servo box top with the wings or tabs came off and lifted up through the small area inside the fame and out. Then I just slid the servo body out sideways and then quickly set the top back on so as not let the gears move around. Worked like a charm. But the new servo I decided to mount from the outside in. So I cut a small piece of CF from my broken tail fin and drilled it to accept the servo screw and used it as a shim to match the frame thickness so the servo sat vertically level. Again it worked like a charm and the up and down movement of the swash is there too. I hope this tip will help someone in the future.
Forgive me if I am repeating myself but I want this information to be out. Remember I thought my 5000 packs for the 600 had a bad cell or cells, well it was the HK $2.00 battery checkers that were bad. And my noob's went bad this weekend. I found this by having had charged the pack and the Hyperion said the pack's were perfect at 4.1 per cell. Then as I went to fly I found two cells a t 3.9 and 4.0 . It was then that I put them back on the Hyperion there at the field and they showed prefect. So watch your equipment for its proper working order!
JPEE

Name:	Lj22673.jpg
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	1501642   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42126.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1501643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94397.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1501644  
Old 09-15-2010, 10:13 PM
evdreamer

Jreue,

That would be cool to see some video of your leveler. Are you using Voltage to determine the battery life? I have made some simple ones doing that with a bar graph on a LCD.

JPEE,

My programmer came today, but when I tried to program my chip I got a message saying I need a $20 adaptor. It didn't say that anywhere in the documents of the controller, so I am upset over that. I haven't had much luck with that series of controllers, but they can do a lot when they work. So, I decided to use the series right below that one, which have always worked good for me. Now I have to write some more code to do the same stuff as the more expensive controller. I am really looking forward to graduating, so I can spend more time on my projects. I have 5 days left.

My TV remote stopped working today. So, I took a look at it after work today. It was a pretty simple fix and now it is working just like new.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.