Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:24 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Allright guys,

HERE IT IS...my very FIRST YOU TUBE VIDEO...(and it looks like it...LOL)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqZj8YsxepI

Don't ask me what the music is, I have no clue...any idea how to use your own music?

It turned out pretty good, but I realize now that the heli needs to be pretty close to give the best effect on such a small screen.

I was playing around with one of the new helis I downloaded, it's some sort of a custom job...flies really well!

I'll have to do some better vids when I'm not so tired. That one has alot of wasted time, especially since I only have one minute.

WHEW...I'm BEAT...I was tired BEFORE I started this little project!!

Enjoy!

Glenn
Old 09-15-2008, 10:25 PM
rotarydoc

Let me try that link again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqZj8YsxepI

Glenn
Old 09-15-2008, 10:32 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Great flying there.

I just redid my formula by multiplying it by 1.095 and now my voltage is only off by .01V. I say that isn't too bad for a couple hours of work.

Nick
Old 09-15-2008, 10:36 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Talk about whos been quite, look who is flying 3D and never mentioned he could. OUTSTANDING video!

JPee
Old 09-15-2008, 10:48 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the compliment...I'll have to practice some more. Maybe I'll see if I can find the T-Rex 250 model tomorrow, and do a video of it.

It might be hard to see...as the heli in that video is pretty large, and it's not that easy to see.

That sounds great on your voltmeter, looks like your hard work is paying off for you on that.

I still need to figure out the audio, I'd rather have that than some music that I don't even like...

Glenn
Old 09-15-2008, 10:50 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Thanks! I have been doing a little bit of simming lately...some of these new helis are really cool to fly.

Thank you for the compliment! I'll have to do another one or two that are a better use of time until/if I get the full version and can do longer than one minute.

I still need to figure out the audio.

Maybe Jeff has some ideas on the audio?

Glenn
Old 09-16-2008, 12:10 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Holy moly ! You fly well....! That was cool.... It looked soft and relaxed the way you were doing those flips...[8D] Yeah the audio I don't know how to do either... That's why I just used music and such... I use my music from my external hard drive that I have saved from a file sharing program called Limewire. I have over 6,000 songs. Can you tell I love music ?! All kinds...[8D]

That's so weird that activation code doesn't work. I'am thinking they did something to not make it eligible or something ? I don't know, as like I said computers are my weakness. It's funny, cause all evening the reason why I haven't been on RCU is I have been downloading new flying sites and heli's. I have to only use the photo-fields, as I get the best performance as far as speed and quality goes for the G4... But I like them better anyway. They look more real to me. I downloaded an aircraft carrier that you land on for a flight deck, out in the water and also another cool photo field of a flying area. Its so neat !

If you want to really edit your G4 movie clip, you can use Windows Movie Maker (Which should be on your computer) or Nero 8, which you can get from a file sharing program like Mini-Nova... I use both... They both have different things they offer. WMM (Movie maker) has slow-motion which I like. You can use these programs also for using your own music on your computer's hard drive also... If you don't have any music, download for free "Limewire"... Just type in what your looking for, and download it. I'am so beat tired... Got 4 hours of sleep last night, and have been drawn-in playing on the computer.

Talk with ya guys later.... BTW... You should be able to find the ZD Soft Recoder free by using a file sharing program. I'll have to look for you guys when I get some time hopefully tommorow. But also.... If you just keep saving your 1 minute clips, you then just combine them using the programs I gave you above. You simply drag them to the time-line below, and it will make a whole movie so to speak. If you remember my first G4 movie above, that's how I did that, because I just wanted small clips of various models anyway... You can even put 'transitions' of your choice and style to blend them together like I did in the one you saw...

Alright, take care guys....

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19825.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1034335  
Old 09-16-2008, 12:30 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

You were talking about how it's hard to find parts for your Logo and this [link=http://www.readyheli.com/Electric_RC_Helicopter_Kits_Eheli_Electrics_Mikado _Mikad_s/426.htm]company[/link] has Logo parts. Glenn and I have both bought stuff there and like the company. It seems that they recently added Logo helicopters because I haven't seen them there in the past.

Nick
Old 09-16-2008, 01:19 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Hey thanks... I never thought of Readyheli... Or maybe I did before, but they didn't have them listed before... I have to say the Trex 500 is one of the better flying heli's so far. I can actually fly it much better than some of the others. I'am wondering if that's the case in real-life... So far is pretty accurate on the G4, compared to what I actually own, and then fly on the G4.

Glenn ~

I found the Trex 250, but its not listed under the search function when you type Trex. Instead, it was under the 'T' section at the bottom. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work ! But how could they know exactly anyway, when its not even out yet...Lol.. I'am trying to find however the fiesty little Gaui 200 though...!

BTW Nick, hopefully your batts come tommorow... I'am interested in what you think when you take a flight up. You should get familiar with the Windows Movie Maker that should be on your computer, as you can edit a portion of the clip you prefer for slow motion for a cool move you do, for instance...Its just one neat feature of many. If you look at my last flight on my Typhoon 2 3-D plane from Sunday morning and look at the end, and the middle I did the slow motion effect. its kind of neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvcH0iNUqcI

Take care,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48262.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1034357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80621.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1034358   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20190.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1034359   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93277.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1034360  
Old 09-16-2008, 03:07 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

The Logo 400 looks like a nice 400 sized helicopter at a reasonable price except the V-Bar version with electronics. Then it is over $600. I have heard that the T-Rex 500 flys more like a 600 sized, but it is easier to find places to fly because of its sized. And the batteries are much cheaper. I was looking at my RCHeli magazine today and it looks like there is going to be even more choices in the 400-450 sized helicopters in the next couple of months. I am really looking forward to the release of Curtis Youngblood's 450 Rave to come out in the next couple of weeks I hope. It has a torque tube and looks to be well engineered and it is around $510. The promo videos are amazing. Then there is also a boom in the 200 sized. I want to see the Outrage 200, but there aren't any photos of it yet.

I don't think I will be getting my batteries anytime soon. They shipped out the 11th and the shipping said it would take 10-20 days to get here. That is what I get for getting cheap shipping, but the total was still less than one E-Flite battery. RCHeli mag also said Thunder Power is coming out with a version 2 of their pro-lite batteries. I will want to test one of those out for the CPP when they are available.

I actually used to use Windows Movie Maker all the time when I was younger. And I made some pretty cool movies on IMovie in High School. I really liked that program and wish it would work on Windows. I might make a video of me doing piro circles then mess around with Windows Movie Maker and make it go in slow motion like you suggested. The only thing I remember with it was adding songs, titles, and affects. But I don't think I used the slow motion feature. It is supposed to be nice outside this afternoon, so I will try and get some flights on tape.

Nick
Old 09-16-2008, 12:18 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I was thinking of another editing software in the previous post. I have been messing around with Windows Movie Maker today and I figured out how to add titles and do the slow motion, but it won't let me put music in it. When I hold the cursor over the audio section it says to drag audio into, but when I do I get the circle with the slash through it. Do you know how to do that. Or I could just not use music like I have in the past. WMM is a lot like the IMovie I used in High School so that was kind of cool.

My transmitter and camera should be charged by now, so I think I am going to get some flights in.

Nick
Old 09-16-2008, 01:14 PM
evdreamer

I just put a 11T pinion on the CPP and it sounds a little intimidating. I also went inverted again in my backyard. It seems to flip a little faster than before. I can't wait to see how the new batteries improve the helicopter.

Nick
Old 09-16-2008, 03:14 PM
evdreamer

Here is my [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hNoo1ZGoM]video[/link] from WMM. I don't think it turned out too bad for my first time with the program. For some reason the volume is really low. I will have to work on that with any future videos.

Nick
Old 09-16-2008, 03:27 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That was a cool video. Were you hovering the Typhoon?

Nick
Old 09-16-2008, 05:13 PM
evdreamer

Here is a [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhYIJeo5K6A]video[/link] of me hovering inverted. I did a cool flip not on purpose in the middle of it, but my camera wasn't pointing high enough to get it.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:57 PM
JPEE

evdreamer,

Very nice flying!

JPee
Old 09-16-2008, 07:15 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Thanks.

I just got back from practicing inverted hovering with the CPP and I flew it into a tree and the ground. I only shattered my paper clip pin and nothing else was damaged. I am not scared to flip it anymore which I think will help me. I got to work on side and tail in hovering and did a little flying around foward inverted. I love this helicopter. It is going to be a great trainer for inverted flight and it is tough in a crash too.

Nick
Old 09-16-2008, 07:15 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

AWESOME! Very cool flying...it looks like once you had it inverted, you were flying mostly tail in? That seems like the best way to start out...I have been practicing it mostly that way on the sim.

It also looks like when you actually do the flip, you have quite a bit of altitude? Wow, I saw where you got kinda crazy there for a bit in the middle!

Overall, looks like you are doing great with it!

Congrats!

Glenn
Old 09-16-2008, 07:21 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Thanks. Yeah I was mostly flying tail in except once when I tried side in hovering. The rest of the time it wasn't tail in I wasn't in control. I am most comfortable with it tail in, so that is my safety spot when it gets out of hand in any other orientation. I made it sensitive enough that it is going to take a while to get used to it.

Yeah that barn is about two stories tall. But it kind of flips in a small area. The CPP flips fast enough for me now that I feel confident doing it in my backyard. I noticed my tail was drifting to the left in flight and then I saw my tail blades aren't tracking. And sure enough my tail motor isn't perpendicular to the ground anymore, but I just added rudder trim for a temporary fix.

Nick
Old 09-16-2008, 08:38 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I didn't get to fly today, had to work a bit late.

I'm not going to do much tonight, I spent alot of time last night getting that video of the G4 online.

I also find it easiest on the sim to fly inverted tail in, I get confused when I get turned around.

I wish I could fly in real life like I was on that G4 video. But, it's going to take a long time before that happens. Also, that heli is a big heli, and reacts very slowly, so it is fairly easy to fly. But, that can be good for learning sometimes.

I'm gonna write to Jeff real quick, and watch some TV.

Great flying, hope your batteries get here from China soon so you can flip the CPP faster.

Glenn
Old 09-16-2008, 08:45 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks very much for the compliments! That is one of the easier helis to fly of the new ones that I downloaded, so it is alot easier to fly than some of them.

I think that passcode for the ZD soft has already been used/validated, and it won't work again...just my guess.

I have the Gaui 200 on my sim here...it's really a highly modified T-Rex model, but besides the size difference, it flies pretty close to the real thing! I actually got it some time back, off of Helifreak's Gaui 200 forum (LOL...be careful if you go in there...you are likely to spend a LOT of time reading...don't say I didn't warn you!!!)...I looked today for the thread, but I couldn't find it. I have the Gaui 200 add ons, but I don't know what I did with the original T-Rex from which it is modeled. I will look if you want, I am sure I can find it...it's under a thread something like "Gaui 200 on G4" or something very similar.

Hope you got some sleep, I'm still dragging from posting that vid last night on YouTube....heck, I figured out how to make a recording on G4, then figured out the ZD soft thingie...and then figured out how to upload a vid to YouTube, all in one night!! LOL

Gonna go watch some TV...

Catch ya later,

Glenn
Old 09-16-2008, 08:49 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear you didn't fly today. I wanted to fly some more, but I spent a long time with WMM and I don't want to use the one balancer. So I have to charge one battery at a time.

Yeah it is a little tricky to do the other orientations inverted.

You will be able to fly in real life like you did in the sim. It took me a long time to get where I am at today.

Yeah I would like to get my batteries soon, so I can fly more in a day. But I think the CPP's cyclic response is just a tad faster than I am used too. So I don't really need it to be faster any time soon.

Nick
Old 09-16-2008, 09:40 PM
JPEE

Hello Glenn,

This morning I was trying to figure whether to fly or not as I had a busy day ahead. So it 9:00 I said do it! I loaded 402 and the T-28 and was off to the park. Of course all of the freaking park staff were working on the entire park so I said... its not mean to be and went home got my truck and ran off to make the some Heli money. Once I got done with work I grabbed the car and went back to the Park and it was wide open at 3:00 pm. To windy for the T-28 but I took 402 out and flew. I damn near got slammed into the ground from the wind. As I did figure eights flying away from the wind is no problem but coming back and swooping the wind would try to drive me into the turf or if I was high up it would elevate me and dang near flip up and over. But as your new fly friend says there, WHAT WIND?? so I stuck with and overall I now can say the same. I did bring up my head markably today however. Yesterday I flew one pack in 401 and with a very high head speed from carring my camera I had forgotten how high it was. My time has always been set for 8 minutes but to my surprise I got hit with a low low battery warning and the heli went to safe mode at 6 minutes and just got it down before I lost control. Bottom line....more head speed, a much shorter fly time.

Smiles to all, JPee off to the TV

PS: what it that heli you fly in the video?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:44 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Good for you, sticking it out in the wind...I am definately not as intimidated by the wind as I used to be...at least not with the B400 anyway. The smaller birds are another story, the Quark and Gaui are just plain no fun in the wind. At least the B400 has a fighting chance! Yeah, it was pretty amazing when Rob brought out his T-Rex 450 in a good 15 MPH wind, and it wasn't even an issue for him whatsoever. I guess 15 years of flying helis will do that for ya!

The heli in the video is a custom made heli by someone....can't remember his name. It's called (ready for this?) a LF Tecknik RoXXter 55.....crazy name....very cool heli. It flies great, the guy did a super job creating it. Give it a try sometime, I know it's in the first 30 pages of the downloads somewhere, it's worth searching for.

Hope you guys have fun flying, I'm gonna try to get some flying in soon, looks like I have a nice string of beautiful weather coming all the way to my weekend, in which I WILL NOT be working!!! YEA !!

Catch everyone later on...

Glenn

Old 09-16-2008, 11:38 PM
J-MICHAEL

Great video Nick ! I watched it and still dream of the day I can do that... I've been super busy, so gotta keep it short and sweet... I have read all your guys' posts... JPEE, that's neat you have a T-28... I've looked at those ! You'd be surprised how well some of the planes do in the wind... My Typhoon does very well, and I fly it when I can't fly the Trex from to much wind... Not sure about the T-28 however, but it should do pretty well...

Took up my little Vapor this evening... Fun little toy ! I thought of Glenn when I was flying it, and how much he loves the planes and such...LOL..!

Take care guys,

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.