Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:19 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey guys,

Mark,

Nope, no flying here, been windy and rainy all this week...more wind tomorow, but Friday and the weekend look good, other than work on Saturday, which always messes me up. Hope you can get some flying in.

Nick,

Cool on the new circuit board coming tomorrow in time for the weekend.

JPEE,

I always copy and save my posts before I hit that "OK" button, I have learned that lesson well....and I know how frustrating it is!

Sorry you lost a big one...

Glenn
Old 10-07-2010, 06:09 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

Here is one of my boards for my battery management system. It gathers info from a single cell, balances it, and sends the info out to a processor board. I can add as many of these boards as I want, so I could have hundreds of cells in the system. I didn't double check the hole sizes for the connectors on the outsides and they are too small, but everything else fits. I will just use some wires for now to get it working.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ec89922.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	1512372  
Old 10-08-2010, 05:27 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Your board looks nice...but isn't it missing something, like the IC?

Just curious....

I finally got to fly!

Got 2 packs in before the soccer kids showed up, and started kicking a ball around behind me....

Mike at MHA wants to fly tomorrow, but I have to work...but if it's a light day, maybe I can swing over there...have to see...the weather is absolutely gorgeous all weekend...

Good luck with the board.

Mark, JPEE,

Hope you guys get some flying in this weekend....

Glenn
Old 10-09-2010, 02:39 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Thanks. Yeah, I had the IC out on purpose. I wanted to test the hardware to make sure it was working and wouldn't damage the IC. I am also still working on the software and one of the connectors that wouldn't fit was for programming.

That is cool you got to fly.

Nick
Old 10-09-2010, 05:36 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,
Man, your battery management board looks great. I like the idea of a replaceable fuse rather than those thermal breakers.

Mark,
What's up down under in Florida?

Glenn,
You have me worried, your very quite these days? no new projects? I pray this was not your Saturday to work I know how much you hate that, I would too. Glenn, I hear you on copying the posts, generally I do too and I have yelled back to Judy, I JUST LOST ONE AGAIN but I had my insurance of a copy. Dag-gone-it anyway, it just should have to be that way. This post is in MS Word "for insurance"

Me
Well I have been very frustrated lately with my cam mount and camera. I got my new camera and it takes "spectacular" HD video standing on the ground. Because it is an optical zoom rather than digital it is crystal clear even when I zoom in on a heli or planes flying by. But when I put it on
the cam mount along with the 500 as the platform the video is crap and shakey. When I put on my old camera that is a bit blurry due to lens issues it looked pretty good and did not shake at all. So I read and re-read and re-read the new camera manual. There are so many bells and
whistles it is easy to lock in the wrong settings. So I "reset" the entire camera back to factory settings and tried again. Nope, a no go. So I went back to my roots, I mounted the old camera on the front of the 600 like I used to do and that video was poor and shaky???? Hummm. The front of the 600 where the cam mounts is pretty flimsy so I think that's why is was a bit rubbery in the this heat. OBTW..I forgot to mention that the old camera mount is on the underside in the middle, the new camera receiver is under the extreme corner so the camera hangs out there like a flag so to speak.

This morning I reworked the cam mount to fit the 600 which of course is much wider. I got it all done and then mounted the "old" cam on and did a test. Shakey again........but..........my sling straps that carry the cam mount were in a different position this time. So I moved them and kept reviewing how they would let the cam carriage hang when airbourn. Not only does it have to hang right, it has to hang and yet not too far down start as it then wants to start swaying under the heli. So I moved the straps and took up the old camera and hit the mark, great video! ! ! So then I mounted the new HD and took her up and there was the magic I have been trying to attain, a steady, clear and viewable video, just hovering over the house here "peeping" in the neighbors back yards LOL. Sorry, no sun bathers LOL.
I talked with my buddy and on the weekend's with nitro's at the field and that when they fly so long a guy can wait up to 45 min to get a flight in and wait your turn again. So we will go up there Monday morning and have the place to ourselves. Then I can hopefully fine tune that camera mount.

OBTW the new servo popped right in on the 600. Oh my goodness, I think that was the message that got blown away. The servos on the 600 were dated 2006 are no longer made by Hitec! I called them. But the revised servo is now programmable, a HS7975HB. OUCH...........$93.00 delivered from A Main Hobbies. A Main Hobbies shipped that puppy and I got it three days. It just the shipping and taxes that killed me, the servo was only $78.00. The pitch servo on the heli had melted nearly through the case when it died. That's what took out my BEC I'll bet you.
So now the 600 is up as well as the 500 and 450 pro. This flying a little slower and keeping the 3D to easy rolls, flips and loops somehow? manages to keep the heli's in the air longer without crashes...hum......funny how that works that way.

JPEE

Old 10-09-2010, 09:30 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I just lost a post too. It was short, so I didn't save it either.

Thanks. I did my best to make sure the board protects itself from the user. I am also using two of the LEDs as a diagnostic tool to show what is wrong with the board. They flash at different rates to show what is wrong. I am going to try an algorithm that is used on gyros for the balancer and will see how that goes.

That is good you got your new camera working well on your 600.

I also have obsolete servos on my Velocity.

Nick
Old 10-10-2010, 03:53 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi guys,

Still here, just been a busy past few days.

Found out Thursday night our son has strep throat. [] Poor little guy - really hard when he can't tell you what hurts, not quite the age of talking yet. Took him to a pediatric ER (didn't know those existed ) and they did a simple strep test and viola - positive. So we've been doing the medicating and temp taking (not orally mind you ), and things are getting better. Now to keep an eye on us over the next few days to see if we (the parents) get it - yaaaaaaaay!

Had to also take apart my first toilet this weekend to remove a flushed toy - that was a fun experience. Had to actually take the entire toilet outside to wash it out with the garden hose. Our son is now officially banned from the bathroom by closed doors!

On the lighter side, I came across a couple of local guys on the 500 forum on HF that live just 20 or so minutes from me. Seems both of them just got their 500's - moving up from a Blade 400. So we have been trying to get a time to get together to fly. Usually I fly alone but I am excited at the idea of having somebody to fly with - a new experience for me.

Speaking of the 500 - not here yet. But, was shipped from Hong Kong - thier website doesn't give much more tracking info though.

Have to get ready for work now,

Mark
Old 10-10-2010, 11:08 AM
JPEE

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about the illness of your son, that has to be heart breaking for you to see the little guy that sick. Done that been there with two kids and four grandkids. Then for you and the little lady to have to "wait" to see if you come down with strep, what kind of stress is that?

Just a short few words on flying alone and with friends. I started alone and was very unhappy. When I would master a part of flying, something as simple as going out and coming back in a circle and I was so excited had done it..............but there was no one standing with me to share that joy.[] Since I have a guy now that I fly with at least three days a week it is really become more fun for me. It also has given me a second roll in teaching him what I know that this Forum has givn to me as he is much newer in the hobby than I . There is the second issue of safety! When I fly "ALL" alone at the field I make plans and think about that if I get hurt can I call 911 and get help? Sounds silly but things happen and should I get struck with a heli or a flying heli part you have to ask yourself, can I get out of this mess all alone? food for thought. I hope you enjoy the guys that you found around you from HF and your flying and RC life becomes richer for it.

JPEE
Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 AM
JPEE

Hi Mark, here some picks of my 500 we spoke about.

JPEE

Name:	sl29449.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	1513959   Click image for larger version

Name:	vq50741.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	1513960   Click image for larger version

Name:	va73564.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	1513961   Click image for larger version

Name:	sl26923.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	1513962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21390.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1513963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24010.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1513964   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69795.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1513965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke90457.jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1513966  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Al70580.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1513967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16570.jpg
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	1513968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21300.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1513969  
Old 10-10-2010, 03:11 PM
JPEE

Mark,

Here is the 500 in it's new current external wiring. Again I did this so as to ease my accessto pulling the entire tail box out of the frame to replace the front crown gears, a real B of a job. So as you look through the picture in the post above you will so many wires running in and through that tail system in the frame. Then when you look these you will clearly notice how free the frame is. No matter which way you go, you will need to mount the receiver inside the frame. I also moved my ESC frmo under the battery mount to let it breath alittle better too. And one other thing to point out, my 500ESP is a 2008 so it frame would not accept the 3,000 mAh pack you see. I had to cut the down frame to make that work. My understanding is that they cured that issue on the new frames. Just for referance,

JPEE

Name:	ig11954.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	1514158   Click image for larger version

Name:	gb89475.jpg
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	1514159   Click image for larger version

Name:	ns44610.jpg
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	1514160   Click image for larger version

Name:	le92453.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	1514161   Click image for larger version

Name:	al72576.jpg
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	1514162   Click image for larger version

Name:	uk77940.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	1514163   Click image for larger version

Name:	hj87767.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	1514164   Click image for larger version

Name:	ed11114.jpg
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	1514165  

Click image for larger version

Name:	om94363.jpg
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	1514166   Click image for larger version

Name:	fs82700.jpg
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	1514167   Click image for larger version

Name:	xd27541.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	1514168   Click image for larger version

Name:	xi40337.jpg
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	1514169  
Old 10-10-2010, 05:32 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Sorry about your kid and toilet.

That is cool you have someone to fly with now.

Guys,

I just got back from flying. A few people showed up while I was there. There are two younger kids that recently joined and they were there with some foamies. It was kind of windy and cloudy, but I had fun. At the end I did a lot of autos up really high.

Nick
Old 10-10-2010, 10:11 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I did get some flying in this weekend after all, I got 4 more packs in earlier tonight...so even with my Saturday, I still managed to get some flying in...

Mark,

Sorry about your son...and I hope you parents don't come down with the strep too!![X(]

That sounds promising about the new pilots in your area...hope it works out..it does suck to fly alone sometimes...for me it's a mixed bag...I tend to get nervous and mess up sometimes when I have 4 or more experienced heli pilots watching my every move...lol..

Sounds like you'll be above their level, or about the same...so it should be fun!

JPEE,

I'm fine....just working Saturdays basically ruins my entire weekend...I can't believe I have to go back to work in a few hours again...[]

Thanks for your concern though....

Nick,

Cool that you got some new, younger members, maybe they'll take up helis some day...

Glad you had a good time flying...

Glenn
Old 10-11-2010, 05:00 AM
Aframomum

Hi all,

Looks like everyone had a good weekend flying - I even got a chance to get several packs in with the 450 Pro. A bit windy but was still fun.

JPEE,

Thanks for taking the time to upload all your 500 pictures - I'll definitely be referring to them a lot during the build. Between you, Glenn, and Jeff I think I have the entire heli covered!

Ouch on that servo, guess there not kidding when they say bigger heli, bigger price tag. Glad you got the 600 flying again. Good luck at the field today and hope all of those heli snobs are busy working their snob butts off to give you grief (isn't retirement great?).

Nick,

Sounds like your enjoying your time off from school. As Glenn said it would be cool if you recruited some new heli flyers.

It sounds like your battery management system is coming along nicely - I like the idea of the diagnostic feature using flashing LED's.

Glenn,

Your one weekend of work is over for this month - celebrate after you get some rest!

Glad you were able to fit some flying time in with the busy weekend. Hope there wasn't any soccer practice, I remember how frustrating that was.

Wanted to let you know my son is doing better, thanks to all. We have a follow-up appointment on Thursday just to make sure all is fine. And in the meantime the parents are drinking lots of orange juice!

Seems the guys I met from HF are close to my age and have families also, so finding time for all of us to fly will be...challenging. But we'll make it work. Plus one just got his 500 (got it used) and so is going over it while the other is like me...waiting for the UPS guy to drop it off.

Oh the agony of waiting...

Mark

Old 10-11-2010, 10:25 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool you and Mark got to fly on the weekend.

Mark,

Yeah, I am enjoying my time off. Soon it will be all over.

Yeah, I have made a lot of progress on my battery management system. I did a quick and easy change to the hardware that reduced the current consumption by 3/4. I also redesigned the circuit board to make it smaller and allow the connectors to fit. Once I finish the software I will order another set of circuit boards.

That is great your son is doing better.

Nick
Old 10-13-2010, 01:27 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not too much new here, it's nice outside, and some bad weather is coming, so I'm going to try to get some flights in this evening...soccer players permitting, of course...

Looks like my heli club is having it's second open house for the year this weekend...with a special guest...looks like Bobby Watts will be at my heli club..

http://home.flymha.com/

I'll try to get some pics and vids if possible...I have never seen him in a "casual" atmosphere, only at larger events, should be interesting to see him fly in a more relaxed atmosphere.

Other than that, not much new going on here.

Glenn
Old 10-13-2010, 07:33 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

All quite on the Pacific side too. Truck has been loaded with planes and helis for three days now. Had family in from Colorado till this morning, then wind was blowing up to 37 mph today. However, it supposed to let up tomorrow, so I am locked and loaded to fly.

JPEE
Old 10-13-2010, 09:12 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool Bobby Watts is coming to your heli field

I started on the PID algorithm today. It is the same algorithm used on gyros. I will be using this for the balancer. I got a lot done on it. I need to adjust the gain because it is oscillating a lot on my o-scope. There are some more things that I can do to fine tune it, but it is pretty fun watching it work.

JPEE,

Sorry you have really windy weather.

Nick
Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Aframomum

Hi all,

Seems a slow week for everyone - doesn't sound like the weather is cooperating. []

JPEE,

Sounds like you had a good past few days with family visiting. Have a good flying day tomorrow.

Glenn,

Have fun with your clubs open house - did you get a chance to fly this evening?

Nick,

Have more circuit boards on order yet?

Mark
Old 10-13-2010, 09:24 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Sorry about the high winds...I have some of my own on the way, with some rain too...but by the weekend I might be OK, just some wind maybe.

Mark,

I had to work until about 5:30 today, and didn't get everything in order in time to fly...but it was a gorgeous day!

I should get enough flying in on Saturday to last me for awhile...

Have you found yourself double checking the doorstep for packages...?

Nick,

Yeah, Bobby lives in Baltimore. I have heard that he occasionally flies at our field, I think he may even be a member..not sure...but I'm sure they wont' turn him away if he's not...

Should be fun.

What is a PID?

We have something called a PID we use, but I doubt it's the same thing (Parameter I.D.)...

Sounds like an interesting project there, and seeing it on the O-scope must be cool too.

Glenn

Old 10-13-2010, 11:19 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I might order some new circuit boards soon. I need some more parts if I did and I found a chip that I need to allow my display to work with my project that I could order at the same time.

Glenn,

In my case PID is an acronym for Proportional Integral Derivative. It determines how far it is off from the target and predicts how much the output needs to change like how far a servo should move.

Nick
Old 10-14-2010, 11:43 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys...........look whats going on at my house!

Yo, what a day and night. Last Thursday Fedex tried to leave parcels at our house #2. Vinnie (our neighbor here at this house) a gardener by trade was there mowing and blowing. He told the Fedex driver NO! Mr. Dave ShXXXXXX....the address'e does not live here, John does. Then a few days later we got a card in the mail box (at house #2) that was from Penny's saying thank you for the purchase of bedroom furniture yet to be delivered to that address, our house? On this card was David's "ordering" house address which is a few blocks away from our main living house #1? So we wondered why a guy that lives here would be buying furniture and other stuff and sending it to our house 15 miles away? AH HA I said after I noticed this was all done with a CCard. So we went to the Police Station yesterday to talked with the cops. They said, for me to call Penny's and try to alert them and see what they do. Still waiting for their call back today.

MEANWHILE at 11:15 p.m. last light the neighbor at house #2 called and said our house alarm was going off! So we lock and loaded and drove out there. Walking around a house testing windows and doors is "stressfull" no matter whether we had our shot guns and 357's let me tell you. We found no signs of forced entry so now we enter the house and look under every bed, closet and room as well as the attic trap doors and found nothing! Crap I was dripping wet when this was done. NO! I did not pee myself...sweat LOL. The alarm zone that had tripped was the one in our bedroom from a motion detector yet there was nothing out of place, not a pillow , not a drape, nothing. So we have the Alarm Co. coming out Sat morning to replace that motion sensor and give the alarm a look see.

MEANWHILE #2 we come home at 1:00 and crash to bed only to find out what happened early in the morning 4 doors up to our neighbors. The neighbors left their garage door opener in the car which was parked in the driveway. The crooks opened the door of the car, used the garage door opener and then opened the garage, walked in the house! ! ! ! found the car keys laying on the table. Then went back out to the garage and loaded all of the tool's incliding big stuff like his compressor and drove it all off in their car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOT EXCITMENT?? like this at your house..............P

Ya godda love Los Angeles Kallifornyah
Old 10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

It sounds like you have had a few interesting days. That is good nothing was stolen from your house.

There has been a lot of CC fraud in Lincoln the past couple of weeks. Some how they were able to get the CC info from some companies in town and start buying stuff. Then a new one was some one is sending text messages pretending to be the bank and asking them for their card info.

Nick
Old 10-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Holy cow is that a messed up couple of days! [X(] Glad all is alright now.

A lady I worked with in SC had the exact same thing happen in her subdivision with crooks using garage door openers in the car to open the garage at night. Seems it happened to several houses the same night. Found out there was a group of neighborhood teens commiting these crimes - talk about stealing from your neighbor. [:@] They would do there walk around during the day and get to know a families routine (work, bed, how many occupants, etc.). Crazy stuff and brazen kids. I don't think I was ever that cocky at that age!!

Nick,

I've had several emails from paypal that turned out not to be from paypal - glad I didn't open any links from it. I also heard of the texting scams - seems CC scams are all around these days.

Mark

Old 10-14-2010, 07:38 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

It got a bit worse. In speaking with Penny's today it turns out that $7,000.00 of merchandise has been sent to "our" house! Some has even been signed for! meaning someone has been there in front. A truck load is due there tomorrow too. Now the Police is "very interested". Somebody's gonna get a surprise tomorrow.................

P
Old 10-15-2010, 12:27 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I ordered my new circuit boards last night. I also ordered a lot of electronic parts for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.