Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 02:01 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey guys,

Nick,

Finally got around to saying CONGRATS on your accomlishment of getting accepted into the college you wanted!!

Your board looks "professional grade" as they say...nice work!

Keep up the great work...

Mark,

Good luck with the tail build, and keep posting the pics as you go...reminds me of the old days...lol..

Hope you got the one-way figured out...mine had a bunch of slop, which I later figured out was perfectly normal...sure didn't seem like it at the time...

Yup, the wind here is in full force...hoping it calms down for the weekend, I want to get some flights in before it gets too cold..and tomorrow (Friday) afternoon/evening is usually my "golden" time to fly, everyone else is out celebrating the beginning of the weekend I guess...lol..

Glenn
Old 10-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi guys,

Got most of the tail done last night...and got the OWB greased too. The gears came apart very nicely, thanks again JPEE for the step by step pictures. (some of us just do better with pictures )

The only thing I have left for the tail is the servo install and the tail grips. I was very careful when removing the grip screws b/c I had heard of them breaking and/or stripping, but was relieved when they just came loose with little effort. Right now am reworking the loctite...didn't feel it was holding with my first application...don't need the stinking grips flying off during the maiden.

Mark
Old 10-21-2010, 08:52 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark,

She sounds like she is coming right along. My experience and nickles worth of opinion on your tail blade is this. If you touch down in deep grass or land heavy on the tail you will wind up putting the tail tt gears under duress. I have stripped mine more than once until......... I talked to some guys that fly real hard 3D. They urged me to loosen my tail
blades until they flop loose in the blade grip. Of this goes everything I had been doing for
months. But always willing to dare and take a chance I followed his instructions. Since that day I have several hard landings in the dirt and snagged a small rock or two with no problem. I keep both 450 and 600 the same way, floppy lose and I have no tail issues either, all heli tails hold very well.

Good Luck. JPEE
Old 10-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Aframomum

Here are a few pictures...it's almost too large for my workdesk.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97318.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1520851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27795.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1520852  
Old 10-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

don't think quite 60% done...but close.

This build I am finding harder than the 450 Pro I did this past January mainly because of the shift I'm on. When I was on 3rd's it was easy to spend 4 or 5 hours working on it, now I'm lucky to get 1.5 before I'm falling asleep. Work tonight was very busy and I am just beat, so I won't be spending any time on it today.

Thanks for your tip on the loose tail blades...main reason I almost always try to find some kind of pavement to take off/land from. Can you believe I did wind up stripping one of the socket button screws that hold the metal plate on the tail case (there are 6 of them)...so if I ever have to replace the rear TT gears it won't be much fun. I did get replacement screws from RCfasteners for the frame, seems I should have also done the tail too. [sm=disappointed.gif]

Nick,

That board does look very professional - bet you get a huge smile on your face each time you look at it.

Glenn,

Hope the wind dies down for this weekend, esp for your "Golden Time"!

Mark
Old 10-22-2010, 08:02 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark, yes you are right........60% was a bit of gift. It looks more like 59% lol.

I honestly don't know how you can work "those" hours and continue life as normal, my hat is off you! For real......your build is coming along fine. If you push your luck and build while you are too tired it can become drudgery and not fun as well as set you up for making assembly error's. We are talking $100.00's of dollars your throwing up the air, it had to be right on the money. I know, you know everything I said......................this is just Jiminy Cricket supporting you.
I have three 6S Packs that cost $250.00 each back in the day........LOL 18 months ago. They are shot now. I did not get 12 flights per pack I don't think. Their brand is called Air Thunder. I discharged them last night and then slow charged them back up. The voltage was at 25vt on each. I slipped them in the 600 today between rain and got 90 seconds out of each one before the 600 slipped in LVC. You just cant go wrong with HK batteries pure and simple. That's is all fly now. Rhino's 2250 mAh and Turnigy 3000mAh and 5000mAh both. Dag-gone good packs they are!
Man this grey and cold weather is just killing this California kid let me tell you, I need the SUN back.
JPEE

Name:	He97441.jpg
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1521314  
Old 10-23-2010, 12:43 AM
evdreamer

Thanks guys. I got my electronics today to finish up the 3 other boards I got. In that picture I had my first prototype board on top to try and show the size difference. I also got some parts for the power panel I am redesigning. Then I got some parts for my display.

Mark,

It looks like you have made a lot of progress on the 500.

Nick
Old 10-23-2010, 06:17 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I just got back from flying. It was pretty windy again, so I had the field to myself again. I almost went through a gallon worth of back to back flying. I was starting to get good at doing rolling circles and rolling figure 8's.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:44 PM
JPEE

Nick, YOUR A KILLER OUT THERE with the Velocity!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:21 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Hope your rainy, cloudy weather lets up, and you get your bright, sunny So Cal weather back soon...

Nick,

Glad you got to fly, and had the field to yourself, that is always nice...

Sounds like you have some interesting moves you are working on...

I tried to fly the 450's today, but I had some soccer noobs at the main field, and homeless people hanging out at the horse track....so tomorrow is MHA day, I'll get back to the 450's later...

Mark,

How is the 500 progressing?

Hope you don't have to work those exhausting hours too much, you have a heli to build!

Glenn

Old 10-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Glenn...your right, I don't need to be working all these hours...I have a darn heli to build!

This week has been really good - I finally did my first stable inverted hover this past Wednesday. I held it for about 10 seconds and have to say my legs were shaking like crazy. It is and isn't like the sim if that makes any sense. I feel like I'm starting all over again - I have to tell myself what I need to do...it isn't automatic yet. But that rush is certainly there. Wow!

Also, I did bring my hat cam but need to remember how to position it b/c most of the flight was out of frame. [] I am nowhere near the height that Glenn hovers at...I think I'm about 6 mistakes high. Yep, think I'm flying up there on cloud 9 now!!

Mark

Oh...this was with the 450Pro, didn't want you guys to think I already finished the 500.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:15 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry you couldn't fly yesterday.

Mark,

Congrats on holding an inverted hover. My legs also shaked doing my first few inverted hovers too.

I got my circuit board sending data to my display chip last night. It was .01V off from my Fluke meter, but I have an adjustment that I can make it more accurate. I also noticed the accuracy started to go down after a certain Voltage. I found what was causing it. Now I have to find a way to fix it.

Nick
Old 10-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

I forgot to comment on your rolling circles and figure 8's, very nice work. I do hope in time to have half the talent you have!

Also good that you got your display chip functioning.

JPEE,

That view outside your window definitely looks gloomy, good sim time. Hope things clear up for you.

Glenn,

Sorry to hear of the soccer blues, good luck at MHA. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Mark
Old 10-24-2010, 09:52 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Sounds good on the circuit board, glad you found the problem, hope you can find the fix....

Mark,

Congrats on the inverted hover...that's basically how I got my start as well...problem I had was it's alot harder to see the heli's angles and stuff from way up there...I find it much easier (although risky!) when I have the heli lower...I've gotten my hovers at eye level now...I can do pretty well tail and side in, but nose in still needs some more sim time...

I never did make it out to MHA...called by buddy Mike with the 700n, and he wasn't around, so I started to watch the football game, and kept telling myself I'll go in a few....lol...then it was 4PM...basically too late to drive 50 miles round trip for 1 1/2 hours of flight...

Next weekend for sure... I've got a gallon of liquid gold (30% nitro..lol) yet to burn up this season...I should be like Nick and do a marathon flight day and use it all up this coming weekend...lol...

Glenn
Old 10-25-2010, 12:53 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I didn't wan't to spend the time trying to correct my hardware problem, so I went with an easier, but still accurate approach. I was able to get rid of 5 components and had to swap out another one. Now it works over the Voltage range I wanted. I started to work on sending the temperature to the display, but I still have some work to do on that.

Nick
Old 10-25-2010, 10:21 AM
JPEE

Hey Nick,
Sounds like the board is coming along, good news.

For me, it rained late afternoon and all night. Now we will have 20-25 mile per hour winds here at the house but up in and around the canyons ( severe weather alert ) for the next two to three days and the California Interstate 5 Grapevine it can goe as high as 50-60. We areleaving town Wed and coming home Friday. We "were" to take that freeway and pull our RV trailer, NOPE not in the antisapated high wind. Man, I can't get a nice day for wishing here.

* WINDS: LOCAL NORTHWEST TO NORTH WINDS 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 50 MPH WILL BECOME MORE WIDESPREAD AND INCREASE TO 25 TO 40 MPH WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 55 MPH AROUND DAWN. WINDS WILL THEN FURTHER INCREASE TO 30 TO 45 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 65 MPH DURING THE LATE MORNING OR EARLY AFTERNOON. THE STRONGEST WINDS WILL OCCUR THROUGH THE INTERSTATE 5 CORRIDOR.

* IMPACTS: TRAVEL WILL BE AFFECTED ALONG INTERSTATE 5 IN NORTHWEST LOS ANGELES COUNTY UP TO THE GRAPEVINE.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Oct 25 Today
A shower or two around the area early, then partly cloudy during the afternoon. High near 70F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Oct 25 Tonight
Some clouds. Low 54F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph.
Oct 26 Tomorrow
Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High near 75F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph.
Oct 26 Tomorrow night
Mostly clear. Low 54F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph

JPEE
Old 10-25-2010, 08:57 PM
choppersrule

Hi Fellas,

Just trying to help another heli friend. Vote for his son. Scroll down and vote for #6. Vote everyday, until it expires. Not sure when that will be.

http://www.timesleader.com/contest_gallery

Thanks,

Dave
Old 10-26-2010, 05:49 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Sorry about your high winds. It is pretty windy here, but not as bad as you have it.

I am now able to display the logs of the Voltage and Temp that my circuit board records. I can also display real time line graphs of the Voltage and Temp. Right now I am trying to make my code better.

Nick
Old 10-26-2010, 10:11 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not much new here...looks like rain the next couple of days, then chilly for the weekend...so hopefully just not too windy...

Nick,

Sounds like your boards are getting pretty sophisticated....good luck on the finishing tune up touches...

JPEE,

Hope the wind dies down some for you soon...

Dave,

I put in my vote for #6...good luck...

Mark,

How's the build going?

Glenn
Old 10-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give an update on the 500 build...had a bit of an issue with the ESC placement. Wanted to put it under the battery tray, as in the 450 Pro, but just didn't like the fit.

I saw JPEE somehow got his under there and Glenn put his on the frame up front (like in Finless's vids) but I wound up putting it on the back side of the frame. I found that way I had the less bunching of wires and such. I had to remove the bottom plate so to route the wires and just left the screws out since I will have to get in there when doing the receiver. Have to say this has much more room than the 450 Pro does.

Plan on doing the head tonight...

And decided to go with the EC5's in the end.

Forgot to ask...are the black dampers (the 80's) ok to use or do they wear out rather fast? Thanks!

Mark

Name:	Wt59274.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1523826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76048.jpg
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1523827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ou49976.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1523828  
Old 10-26-2010, 10:56 PM
JPEE

Mark,

She is coming right along. The black dampner's are the hardest and snappiest. Depending on how you fly they will last you quite awhile.

As far as the ESC when I built the heli "it was" under the battery tray BECAUSE Glenn and I had the old frames which were higher. The frames like yours are now lower like mine now where I had to cut it down to get the 3000 mAh 6S packs under the hood so to speak. Thats why your ESC would not fit. Again I carry mine right where you have your now but on the left side. I flew today briefly in high wind. After landing the 6S pack was barely warm and the ESC was COLD. The side mount really helps. I have don't this as well with the Pro now, cool electronics is the name of the game.

Nick, great news on the your board. Are you going to get a thermal sensor that plugs into it so you can tape that to a pack while charging to see if the temp rises on the pack?

Sorry Glenn about you rain and bad weather now and what's coming. My wind will last one more day or so then more rain is due on Saturday.

JPEE

JPEE
Old 10-27-2010, 12:20 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry about your weather.

Mark,

You are getting close to a maiden.

I have black dampners in my 600 and they have lasted over 200 flights so far.

JPEE,

Yeah, I have some temp sensors that I will attach to a connector for the board. On my test board I have the temp sensor attached to the board for testing.

I have one more feature that I am working on. Then I will show everything working.

Nick
Old 10-27-2010, 02:05 AM
evdreamer

Guys,

Here is a finished version for a screen that displays info about a single cell.

Name:	us52943.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1523863   Click image for larger version

Name:	pn36917.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1523864   Click image for larger version

Name:	xv63470.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1523865  
Old 10-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Your project is looking incredible, bet your smiling silly now that its nearing completion. Great job!

You bet I'm getting close to a maiden...looking at sometime in the beginning of November, heck...that's next week.

I kinda figured the black dampers would hold up, I know the one's I got for the 450 Pro are still going strong.

Hope the wind dies down for everyone to get a flight in.

I was able to get a good chunk of the head done last night and will try to finish it after work tonight...mainly have the blade grips to do. The tail is just about done, just need to pin the boom. And of course do the servo setup.

Mark
Old 10-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Aframomum

Guess where I'm going next Monday?

Name:	Ro41982.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1524153  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.