Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:55 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

That is an interesting helicopter.

I finally got my program working again. I found a lot of bugs from converting my code.

Nick
Old 11-04-2010, 08:22 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I never would have thought that a coaxial heli would be the world's fastest heli...

Hope you can get the bugs worked out, seems like that would be rewarding once you get them all ironed out and it's working smoothly...kinda half the challenge...

Glenn
Old 11-04-2010, 08:42 AM
JPEE

Glenn,
That was a very interesting article on the coax heli. What I found interesting is that I had never heard or seen anything on this puppy.

Nick,
Keep up the good work on your board.

Mark,
The 500 looks sharp. I like those blades, pretty spiffy

JPEE
Old 11-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi guys,

Nick...got those bugs 'raided' yet? Haven't had a chance to look at HF to see if they have a flipping figure 8 listed, but is it a horizontal figure 8 just with flips instead of forward flight? Whatever it is, it just sounds very difficult. But I'm sure you will have it down in no time.

Glenn,

Yep, I got the Stealths from Helidirect...buy one and get the second for .99. Can't beat that...and that gives me 3 sets of blades with the included Align's.

Kinda cool that coaxial in the video...and fast too.

Aiming to Saturday morning for the 500 maiden...given it isn't too windy then. We are getting a cold front moving in Friday and usually with them wind. So will be checking the weather channel often late Friday to see. Keeping fingers crossed.

BTW, shuttle was delayed due to a faulty main engine sensor and rain. They will be trying for Friday so if they do go we will be heading out there, lucky I have off from work tomorrow.

Cheyne,

Did you get the blades fitted into the grips yet? Also, did you get your order to HK in? It's nice they now have a US based warehouse...I think it cuts down on shipping costs and time.

Mark
Old 11-04-2010, 06:05 PM
JPEE

Hey Mark,

I sure hope you intend on taking a video of the maiden no matter if you have the set the camera on the table! When I "attempted to make my maiden hover in the back yard LISTEN TO THIS, I had a tail spin I could not figure out. I called Glenn on Skype w/video because he had recently made his maiden and a second pair of eyes would help. So I set my laptop on the hood of my truck where had a good shot LIVE of what was going on in the backyard. After a few tries at coming up Glenn noted what was wrong and I made a radio or gyro adjustment as I recall. Then I got her up and hovered the whole pack. There I was LIVE with Glenn in Baltimore and me California and we shared my maiden flight (hover). I must-ah had a smile a mile wide

So for us here who want share in your moment, take camera with you.

JPEE
Old 11-04-2010, 06:32 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

HF has a flipping circle listed. Yeah, it is just a horizontal figure 8 with constants flips. The straight parts are easy, but the curve parts are hard. I need to work on my timing with them and get used to the weird orientations. I practice a lot of piro moves and not so much of the flipping ones.

That sounds like a good deal on blades.

Have fun on the maiden.

Nick
Old 11-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Aframomum

Hey Nick,

I saw the rolling circles on HF and figured instead of rolls you do flips. Wow, those are some advanced maneuvers...congrats.

JPEE,

Yep, going to bring the camera and just leave it on normal, no zoom. Plus I am sure I won't be doing anything but some gentle ovals...I'm sure I'll be shaking just a bit during it. Don't worry...I wouldn't keep you all out.

I saw where you guys weighed yours and came out to around 4lbs...I have to say I am surprised at how heavy it is. But I am looking forward to a much more stable flying bird.

Mark
Old 11-05-2010, 07:33 PM
cheyne

I placed my order but everything I needed was backordered or not available in the US so I had to place it over seas. No biggy. Hopefully it doesnt take the full 45 days to arrive. Blade are ok. I am thinking of putting the stock blade holders on for stock blades and the metal for when I go carbon.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:59 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Chyene,

I don't quite understand what you mean by putting 'stock" blade holders? Do you mean your going to try Plastic Blade Holders (blade grips) on the CNC head post?

Good news that at least you got your order started and in the mill so to speak. Placing one tonight too at HK

JPEE
Old 11-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

No flying today...way too windy with the front that we got in a couple days ago...but the weather has been absolutely beautiful with highs in the mid 60's. Actually feels like fall. Maybe things will be better Monday morning.

Mark
Old 11-06-2010, 08:45 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

SORRY that you could not maiden today Mark, you must a be just a tiny bit dissapointed? But waiting for the "perfect" day is really the best way to go. You've waited this long, three days more will just make that fist flight that much more exciting.

Chyene,
Here are some pictures of old main shafts I found that I still had in a box. Then you will see two pictures of two of my 400's with one having a soild main shaft and the other a hollow one! Remember me telling you about this? So when you just tap them and they bend, now you won't ask yourself howed that happen........... it just means you looked at funny and it bent.

Next, you will see a Blade 400 main gear one-way bearing puller. Go online and look up a main gear with its one-way bearing, then look it up without. You will see several dollars in preice difference. That's why I bought this tool and it paid for itself after using it twice. You set the open sleeve on the table and then with hammer in hand, knock the smaller one down along with the bearing into the bottom half of the tool. Then you reverse this when you bring the new main gear into play. Even being and old hand at this, last week I re-set the one-way bearing in upside down. When that happends...........meee heli no fly, so I had to pull the main gears out and flip that one-way the right way before the heli
s tail blade would spin. I may not be the brighest light bulb here but I know when a heli fly that I worked on and why, LOL

Nick, Glenn?????

I did a little project for myself today. Recently I bought a new 45 amp power supply. But on the back it only had lugs, so I got a pice of angle aluminum and laid out some banana jacks.

JPEE
Old 11-06-2010, 08:51 PM
JPEE

UPDATED

Part two, the pic's.

Well I am finding that becuase the pic's were at 15 mega pixel they are to big to load. Tomorrow in the day light I will scale them down and re-submit.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:06 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

My weather is just like yours.

JPEE,

Have fun with your new power supply.

I added the last of the features that I wanted on two of my screens last night. I have one simple thing left on my menu to do. Then I will start on my settings screen. I already can display everything on the settings screen, but I need to write some code to determine what button is pressed and save the different settings.

Nick
Old 11-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Another windy morning...think I'm just going to play it by ear and when I get a good morning I'll get my maiden in. The delay actually has helped me go over a few areas that needed a bit of touch up, so some good has come from waiting.

Looks like the shuttle never had the chance to go up...they were ready for Friday but during the external tank fueling a leak developed between the connector tube of the shuttle and external tank...so things got scrubbed until Nov. 30. I don't blame them though, better to play it safe rather then rush and have a potential disaster.

JPEE,

A 45amp powersupply, how does that compare in power consumption to say...a 1 room space heater? I really don't know squat when it comes to electronics and comparing things. I think my charger has an 8 amp internal powersupply so does that mean your 45amp P.S could theoretically run about 5 of these type chargers...and not blow a circuit? Just curious.

Nick,

Sorry to hear of your windy weather also. At least your not waiting for a maiden though.

Good to hear your monitoring project is just about done.

Is Glenn MIA...maybe's he's buying a new heli...say a 700e?? LOL.

Mark
Old 11-07-2010, 11:49 AM
JPEE

Nick,

Congratulations on finishing your screens! I can't wait to see the finished product. I really like the screens you are using that rather than boring digital numbers which are very robotic to me.

Mark,

I have 4 power supplies and about 8 chargers last time I counted, that's not bragging that's showing that had I looked at the beginning I would have not bought some of the one 3S battery per chargers. But my newest charger is a Hyperion Duo 3. That new model is like having two chargers in one box, but there is a reason for my buying this model. My goal is to have a heli that requires (2) each 5000 mAh packs, like a TREX 700e or a Logo 600LE. Clearly you can charge two packs on two different chargers and get real close but I thought with this new charger I can charge any battery from 1 cell to 6 cell per side on the charger. It gives you the ability to put a 6 cell on each side and charge separately or..........internally LINK the two chargers and charge those pack together as a 12 cell! thus making your packs for that heli fight balanced. As you one battery is always stronger than another so this puts them in harmony.
As far as the "biggie" power supply, when I charge two 5000 mAh packs on the Hyperion, and I use a Thunder Power charger to do a single 5000 mAh pack with each having its own power supply my previous supplies would not handle both chargers when doing these larger packs. So with a a 45 amp power supply and the Hyperion using at max charge about 16-18 amps with two batteries at start up and the Thunder Power pulling another 7-9 amps shows why before I was using two powersupplie to meet the needs of the chargers, now I can use one! That saves me from having to use multi end power strip from plugging in multi supplies. Oh I forgot to mention that I charge my packs at 2C thats why the draw on all of the equipment is so high. Then if I want to charge the BEC pack on the 600 T-Rex I can add a third charger and charge that pack which is a 2200 mAh at 2C wich is another 4C.
Generally there is not a need to slam my packs with time constraints but it does happen. Even with my nagging cold still hanging on ( DAY 7) but whos counting..........a buddy called Friday and said, meet me at the field. So the wife go sit in the sun on field, you wont share your cold being outside. Being home a for a week now I said OK. I grabbed my battery bag and noticed I had not not charged my 5000, nor my 3000 packs for the 600-500 heli's since last time out. So now here is the pressure, and with my equipment I was ready to go in like 35 min.

Yes on the about 8 chargers. If I charged all of my 3S 2250 packs at 1 C per per pack = round up a bit to 2.5 amps per pack / 45 amps I could power up like 18 small chargers. Some of these chargers were giving to me, some came with used helis, and some I bought new into the hobby not know my butt from a hole on the ground because of a lack of knowledge in the RC Field. That's why I try so hard to "guide noobs" so they can make more prudent choixce when spending their hard earned dollars. Over the years Nick, Glenn and I have seen many many many people come and go on this thread, we are the three hold out Musketeers and hope you become the 4th

Smiles JPEE ................... and good luck on the biggining of the week
Old 11-07-2010, 04:26 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Didn't somebody ask you in the last few days about these hand/radio warmers and you were saying you quit flying a 45 degrees.

JPEE
Old 11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Been a bit distracted this weekend, got a new toy, but it's not a heli...my gadget addiction got the best of me again...

It was not exactly ideal flying weather anyways, upper 40's...and pretty breezy too...but this week is supposed to be nice, but now the days are so short...

Mark,

Sorry about the delays, both with your 500, and the space shuttle, I know you were very much looking forward to both....hope the weather turns in your favor soon, so you can at least get the 500 out there and spin it up a bit...

Nick,

Have fun with your final adjustments and your settings screen...hope all is going well with all your projects

Winter is coming, so you'll have plenty of time for projects then, hopefully between work and school...

JPEE,

Yeah, that is the hand warmer thing I was thinking about....I have no interest, but I knew I had heard of them somewhere....

I found something that you REALLY might want to see/know about....something you have been waiting for.....

http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-MV5250-Pack.htm

Looks very interesting for the multi-size electric helicopter owners....see what you think....

Hope you guys get to fly some this week....

Glenn
Old 11-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Aframomum

Okay Glenn, stop holding out and tell us the new gadget you got?!!

JPEE,

thanks for the nice words...I don't think I'll be going anywhere...having too much fun here.

Mark
Old 11-08-2010, 09:09 PM
choppersrule

Come on Glenn, what is that new GADGET you got!

You got my curiosity up on the multi-packs too. I checked it out and it appears for the $49.95 price, you only get ONE cell and all the connectors to make a 6s pack.
Each additional pack is extra. Make a long story short, to make a 6S pack for a 500 or 600 size heli, it'll run you about $229.99 plus $9.95 shipping.

I went to the site and put it in my cart, then added 5 more cells, and came up with that number. They also have 2200 mah cells for a 450.

I like the technology involved, but kinda pricey for my wallet.

Dave
Old 11-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Aframomum

Glenn,

I think the individual cell idea is a great one...how many of us have had to toss a pack to the saltwater bath b/c of one bad cell? I know a few of mine went that way. So this idea is great for that. I also believe that for now they are going to have a tough time competing when a 6S pack will go for less than $50. However, new technology lends to advancement to other manufacturers and over time prices drop. One last thing, I noticed on the website it states advanced electrical knowledge required...and that is a major key when dealing with putting lipo cells together. Overall, a very interesting direction for lipo's.

Now quit keeping us in the dark...

BTW, did RCU go on the fritz earlier tonight? I couldn't get it to load up for a while. Very unnerving.

Mark
Old 11-08-2010, 10:06 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I think I remember seeing those cells in a RCHeli magazine. I wonder if there would be a problem with unmatched cells. You probably have experience with matched cells in your racing days. I know there are unmatched cells in my A123 packs. I tried to match them by internal impedance.

Mark,

I also had a hard time getting RCU to come up earlier. They were probably working on a server.

Nick
Old 11-09-2010, 12:35 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I saw those packs in the latest RC Heli magazine, (you were right, Nick) and immediately thought about JPEE, with his multilple sized electrics, and how he hates to have "one application" battery packs...

I agree though, they seem very pricey when buying by the cell...maybe with time and competition, the prices will get bettter.

Nick,

Yeah, we used to have to match cells back in the day, they were NiCd cells, and we had all kinds of sophisticated cell matching equipment, and some of the better ones were quite expensive...we had one guy that had a nice machine, and he would do the cell matching for .50 a cell for us...

The idea in the RC race cars was to get the cells very closely matched so all 6 or 7 cells would have the same run time....and you could tell....the matched packs died all of a sudden, when all the cells died at the same time...where the unmatched packs just slowly dropped off power, as they had poor matching of the cell's runtime.

I've been so busy with the new gadget, I haven't had time for much else...lol...

I have always loved Apple products, I have never been disappointed with anything I have had from my first iPod, to my latest iPhone....

The one thing I have never tried that Apple makes is any of their Mac computers....until now....

http://www.apple.com/macbookair/

To say I'm impressed with it, would be an understatment...the thing is a work of art just sitting there....lol...solid aluminum...and I have no idea how they get everything in that thing...it's really that thin and light...

One of the coolest things it has is a Solid State hard drive...no spinning discs...it's totally quiet, VERY fast, and very compact...the thing will boot from button press to desktop ready to go in 14 seconds flat....[X(]

A bit of a learning curve here too....the Mac OS X Snow Leopard operating system is worlds apart from Windows! I have an 880 page book....taking it one chapter at at time....it's like doing homework...but FUN homework...lol...

So far, I'm absolutely in love with it....many of the reviews I read said once you go with a Mac, you won't go back to a PC....my buddy at work says his brother is a great example, his HP Windows PC collects dust since he got his iMac 6 months ago....

I'm not quite ready to give up my Windows PC just yet....but time will tell after I get more used to the Mac OS...maybe my next desktop may be an Apple....only problem is, I don't think Phoenix runs on Macs...[X(]

Anyways, there ya go....it's keeping me really busy learning...but it's really interesting...I see lots I like on this thing!

I'll keep up with RCU a little better once the new toy excitement wears off some....

Nice weather this week here... I may be able to slip a flight or two in at lunchtime .....

Mark, keep us posted on the 500 maiden too!! I want to hear about your new toy too!!

Glenn
Old 11-09-2010, 01:38 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool it has a solid state hard drive. You probably don't have to worry about that crashing like a normal hard drive. That is good you are enjoying your new computer.

Guys,

I don't know if I showed my Menu screen before. I wanted something simple and it is easy to add on more buttons for more screens if I want them. Then here is my settings screen. I got all the buttons working and can go between all the pages for different settings like cell capacity, nominal cell voltage, max cell voltage, min cell voltage, max cell temp, and max current. I was thinking about some other features like what temp a fan should turn on and when some heaters should turn on. I just need to display the numbers and prevent entering a value that won't work.

Nick
Old 11-09-2010, 02:57 PM
JPEE

Glenn,
Today I was able to do the download of your new laptop, it is incredible to say the least. Good luck with your new toy and the brain stimulation reading 880 pages LOL

Nick,
Your panel readouts are excellent! I do have a question for you. In the layout of the key pad with the number 1 starting off at the bottom, why did you not put them in a "telephone" configuration with the 1 starting at the top so end users would be familure with the layout? Or.............. did you do this deliberately so as to match the key pad on a computer key board? I am sure you had an idea in mind.

Can you tell me what motor and ESC you have motor 600ESP. I was looking at Scorpions and have been doing some homework and see where they have bearing issues and "they" at the manufacture tells you to lube the bearings "every" 6-7 flights. My thinking after reading about the temps that can gather in that motor is that oil is not the way to go but more like I use.... the high temp "grease". I am courious about your thoughts on this.

Mark,
I hope your maiden day is coming soon and dont forget that camera LOL

JPEE
Old 11-09-2010, 04:13 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I was looking at my calculator keypad when I designed the screen.

I have a CC Phoenix HV-85 ESC and a Scorpion HK-4025-740KV motor in my 600. I picked those based off of my A123 setup. I haven't noticed a bearing problem in my motor and I don't lubricate them. It did have a main shaft problem. It started spinning inside the inner race of the upper bearing and started getting smaller in diameter. I replaced the main shaft and used CA to attach it to the inner race of the upper bearing. It has been working great since.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.