Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 01:07 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Mark,

I am supposed to get more snow on Wednesday.

I am working hard to finish my project up this year. I have a feeling I won't have any time to work on it when I start school next year. I ordered a faster chip for my display along with some parts to assemble a circuit board for it. Hopefully I can finish the circuit board up this month. Then I just have the main processor for all the circuit boards to finish up.

JPEE,

Sorry you have high winds.

I probably won't fix that board. I don't have the part for it and there is a few flaws in the board, since it was my first one. I have four boards that are working and I programmed all the chips for them. I just need to get a communication board to tie them all together.

That is good you fixed your work bench.

Glenn,

That is good you got to fly today and still enjoying your new computer.

Nick
Old 11-15-2010, 09:12 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,
Sounds like the board is coming along. I hope the new and faster processor helps bring her up to speed.

I had a pretty good of flying today.

2 flights on the micro P51

1 flight on the 600

2 flights on the 500

2 flights on the 450 pro

1 flight on the Aprrentice.......with some possible problems.

I was flying the plane and there was some wind, not much at all. About half way through the flight the plane would be flying horizontal and then pull nose up without any stick movement from me and do a 180 half loop. I'd grab the elevator and bring her nose back down. Well this happened several times so I flew with the wind at my back and the same thing happend again a few more times. So either the wind was worse than I thought up high, or my elevator is running away with itself. I came down half way through the pack to be safe and I will wait for a calm day and see what happens when I take her up again.

On my helis, I tried something different, I put in expo on the 450 and the 500. I learned to fly without expo and have flown that way since for the most part. But the other day when doing flips and rolls I found that if I moved the sticks half way the heli did its flip or roll smoother. So with the expo clicked in today and I would have to say it helps make the overall flight smoother.

That's all from California. We are looking at rain, Thu Fri Sat Sun and more breezes before that. I was to take my helis to a RC swap meet and see if I could my three Blade 400's, but now that is dashed with the impending rain on the way. Oh well time to finish those littlems items still on my to-do list from the remodel.

John

Old 11-15-2010, 09:48 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Do you think an elevator servo might be going bad on your airplane?

That is good EXPO is helping your flips and rolls look better.

Sorry the weather hasn't been the best for you lately.

Nick
Old 11-15-2010, 09:53 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

Do you think an elevator servo might be going bad on your airplane? That is good EXPO is helping your flips and rolls look better.

Sorry the weather hasn't been the best for you lately.

Nick
YEA NICK I THINK IT COULD BE. ON THE GROUND THE SERVOS WORKS WELL BUT SHE COULD BE STRESSED IN FLIGHT AND MOVE ON ME. WHEN I GET SOME STILL WEATHER I'LL TAKE HER UP AGAIN SO I KNOW FOR SURE.

oops. sorry for the caps! I am not yelling, I just goofed[X(]
Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

JPEE,

I would highly suggest you take that servo out of service, esp on an elevator. I'm not familiar with an apprentice but if your running simple HS-55 or something similar don't take the chance, definitely not worth it. On any of my nitro planes if a servo became questionable I would replace it, not worth a scrap pile of balsa!

I remember reading on HF about the boiling with dye to color plastic parts...thanks for the reminder 'cause I totally forgot.

Sounds like the wind calmed down for you and you took full advantage of it. Great flying day and looks like you got all your birds in the air.

Nick,

Hope the new processor chip works out...is it assembled on the board the same way as you find a processor chip on a computer mother board?

Maybe you'll dodge the snow bullet this week?!

Glenn,

Are you in the 200's yet? BTW, are laptops not called PC's anymore? Feeling a bit out of time here!

Funny that you fly when the sun goes down and I fly when the sun comes up, still is cold either way...I had to break out the sweatpants and sweatshirt this morning b/c it was getting too chilly for me...uh oh, someone's getting thin Floridian blood! I think it was 61 this morning.

Yes, it is nice to look back over the year and feel a sense of accomplishment - inverted flight with your nitro, that's major! I'm nervous enough doing short invert hovers with my 500 and look at you!

Great job.

Mark
Old 11-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Aframomum

Hey guys,

Wanted to share a video of yesterday mornings flight. Doing a bit more but am still a bit intimidated so am keeping a few mistakes high just to give me some leeway.

http://www.vimeo.com/16889198

Mark
Old 11-16-2010, 03:37 PM
JPEE

Hey Mark,

That was some flying! Once you master that 500 it will settle down and not be all over the sky, flipping, spinning the tail, rolling and such. It is a very stable heli and again once mastered she will fly nice, level and straight, LMAO. Great flight, you have become very comfortable with her already which is clear to see with your very adept 3D skills. As Glenn and I have said, Align got that puppy right with power to weight ratio. Glad to see a man enjoy his heli....... 500's Rule

I had stuff today so I only got 2-500 and 1-600 flight before I had to head back home. There were 8 guys there today so it slows down your time to fly.

The skies are getting that haze that comes as the weather turns, kinda glare-eee. We are expecting rain for TH FRI SAT SUN so todays fix will hold me till that all blows by.

JPEE
Old 11-16-2010, 11:38 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not much new here on the heli front...but keeping pretty busy on the new Mac...

Nick,

Hope your board is going well, and you are having fun with it...and get some fun electronics stuff in before school starts and then the hard work starts...

JPEE,

Sounds like you are dodging the weather just to get some flights in...sorry your weather isn't cooperating.

Are you going to unload all of your B400's?

I guess a swap meet is as good a place to sell them as any...I've never been to one...not sure they have them around here?

Mark,

Page 201 last night...lol...

Generally speaking (not set in stone by any means) a PC usually refers to a desktop or laptop running Microsoft Windows, where as an Apple Mac (Macintosh actually) is considered a "Mac" ...

i.e. " I just transferred some files from my PC to my Mac"

Wow, your video is fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to share with us...always enjoy seeing a new heli and all the pleasure it can bring to it's new owner...

Looks like you are having a great time with it, keep up the practice....I am really jealous of your flying area, you have more room there than I do when I drive 50 miles round trip! My field is prettier, though..lol..

Your low swoops remind me of a certain 500 pilot of past....Jeff used to love to do those low swooping flybys...they do look neat, and they look fast...

I have always been an evening flier...to me, nothing beats an early evening flight on a summer night, about 8PM, during that "golden hour" just after the sun starts to set, the wind dies, and just before the bugs start to bite...lol...

Enjoy the 500!

Glenn
Old 11-17-2010, 10:37 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Nothing big to report accept FOG! which they say is to blow off by this afternoon. Here are two snaps out the front door. Then rain to follow, of course they keep changing how many days of rain that will be but I am sure no matter what we will have at least two days worth.

Glenn,
Glad you having fun the new Mac Reading and picking away at and learnign something new every is fun for sure!

Mark,
Can I assum that you last video of the 500 was with the keychain cam? It did a nice for you if so.

JPEE
Old 11-17-2010, 07:26 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I got my electronic parts today. My processor can't do everything a normal computer processor can. It has 28pins and is a through hole part and not a standard surface mount. I still need to design the circuit board for it. It wil be a simple circuit board with two connectors and the chip. I will try and start copying my code to the new chip and see if I can get it working tonight.

Your heli looked cool flying at that time of day.

JPEE,

That is cool you got to fly yesterday.

Wrap your electronics in plastic bags and put some lights on your aircraft and you will be already to fly in the fog.

Nick
Old 11-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Wow, that's some thick fog...I think if you take Nick's idea and get some lighted blades you should be just fine.

I didn't use the keycam to take the video, that was taken with my regular camera. I really haven't used the keycam since that aerial flight a month or so ago. Probably should throw it on my plane and find a different area to fly to get some different aerial footage...wonder if they would mind me flying over the city one morning...second thought, maybe not!

Nick,

Good to hear your parts came in today...planning on staying up late tonight working on it?!

Glenn,

I remember seeing video's of those low swoops and thought they looked cool, esp with a double piro on the upward leg, just couldn't remember who's video's they were...ah, should have known it was Jeff.

Yeah, my flying field has no pretty backdrop of fall colored trees, just some road. But I do like that it's only 4 minutes so I can go there around 6:30 and be back before anyone is awake at 7:30. Of course the sun starts rimming the upper horizon around 7 so I have to move around to avoid the glare...and yep, that's in the AM!

Looking forward to some good flying tomorrow morning...I am thinking I'm going to be needing some more batteries...2 flights at a time are starting to not cut it any more!

Mark
Old 11-17-2010, 09:34 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,
Forgive me if I am repeating myself on this subject. But I just bought a set of flight lights for a heli or plane. For fun I taped them on the 450 and then tried to hover in the backyard. Holy cow...no sale. I now know you needed the store bought lighted blades too. I got off the ground a few feet and had to come back down. So I will now try them on the oldest plane, my T-28. Now I don't want o lose this plane but the lost would be less than my much larger and new Apprentice. There is a secret on how to get the wires though the foam and out the wings and tail a guy shared with me so now to implement that plan. Yep, Nick right a baggie and I am good to go LOL.
On the charger, I recently bought a new Hyperion Duo III and loved it. It is not for the weary, it was $250.00 but here's why I forked over the cash.
1. It is two "separate" chargers in one box at 180 watts per side
2. It can be fed by 12-24 volts to allow more charging amps for faster charging.
3. You can charge (like me) 2 each 6S 3000 mAh 40C packs at 2C which is 6 amps in about 23 minutes.
4. You can charge 2 each 3S 2250 mAh 25C packs on "each side" that are closely at the same discharge from flying the 500. This does require two adapters from HK for a total of $4.00
5. But! that means you can 2 batteries per side for a total of (4) four packs at once.
6. The other reason I bought this charger is you can link the two chargers together so it sees a 12S pack! ! ! My thoughts were and are at some point to get a LOGO 600 or TREX 700 both of which do or can use 12S. When charging them as a 12S pack that "ensures" that both packs are balanced to "eachother".

I have included pic's for you to see the layout.
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/eos/

Mr. Nick, great news on the parts coming in. Like Mark said, I see an all nighter ah coming, LOL

JPEE
Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Since I graduated I have been staying up till 4-5AM every day. Then I usually wake up at noon. I am not a morning person. So I should have plenty of time to work on my project tonight.

Do I see a Nitro heli in your future?

Nick
Old 11-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Aframomum

Hey Nick,

This is for when you wake up around noon...

Nitro Conversion Kit for the 500:

OS 37 Engine w/muffler
Fan Shroud
6 oz fuel tank
Receiver and gyro tray
Throttle link rod

Think I'll just go for a 600 size in the future.

Mark

Old 11-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Aframomum

This morning I got the chance to adjust my gyro settings a bit...noticed that when I did a punch out the tail would kick to the right a bit...raised the gain and now it holds.

One thing I noticed while I was packing up was how breezy it was this morning. Never realized it while flying around...amazing this heli.

Mark

Old 11-18-2010, 01:32 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I saw Finless do that conversion on a 500. It looks like it works pretty good.

That is great you are still enjoying your 500.

Nick
Old 11-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

I almost forgot...your new Hyperion charger is very nice.

I see your already planning for the future to have a charger that will charge a 12S pack. In the meantime the idea of being able to do 2 6S packs at the same time is sweet, not to mention (for those of you who have 20 or so 3S packs laying around ) doing 4 of them should cut charging time by a lot.

Has that rain moved in yet?

Mark
Old 11-18-2010, 06:56 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Here's a vid I took over the weekend, and just now got around to posting....

I mainly wanted to see how the iPhone 4 video cam works...

I was really happy with it, minus my finger in the left upper corner, and a bit of shaking (it was chilly!) towards the end...

Be sure to watch in HD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udam_oO1SKg

Glenn
Old 11-18-2010, 08:09 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Your video turned out great.

I finally got my new controller working. I was having a hard time at first because a lot of the info that I needed was in fine print or hard to find. Now I am going to try and add some features to take advantage of what it can do. Then I was working on a feature to update all my controllers with the new settings, but I still haven't been able to get that working yet.

Nick
Old 11-18-2010, 09:50 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

JPEE,

I almost forgot...your new Hyperion charger is very nice.

I see your already planning for the future to have a charger that will charge a 12S pack. In the meantime the idea of being able to do 2 6S packs at the same time is sweet, not to mention (for those of you who have 20 or so 3S packs laying around ) doing 4 of them should cut charging time by a lot.

Has that rain moved in yet?

Mark
Mark,
I hope your gyro adjustment came out well for you.

I got to fly late this afternoon which I like at the Club Field as the Sun is to my back.
2 ea 450
2 ea 500
2 ea 600 YAAAAAHOO

Before I left I had to charge. I charged two 3,000 in exacly 23 min at 2C ! The 5000 mAh pack on put on my Thunder Power charger at 1C and it took 53 min and it took 3475 mAh

The rain starts tomorrow night through Monday. So I am going to work on my T-28 and put lights on it. I was at the field late todays as I said and at dusk about 4:45 these youngsters were still able to see and fly elec jets. So I got a good grasp of the light and I wanna try a flight with lights on a slowe plane like my T-28 which I can fly a bit slower and see how it goes. Ya godda change it up once in a while, right!

JPEE

JPEE
Old 11-18-2010, 09:53 PM
JPEE

Glenn,
Great video with your new iPhone!

Nick,
Good news on the controller working out for you!

JPEE
Old 11-18-2010, 10:56 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Thanks for the kind words on the video, with some practice, maybe I can do more and better videos next year from MHA...and maybe get Mike to get some of me, since he also has an iPhone 4...

Sounds like your project is continually evolving, and getting better all the time...and that you are enjoying it too...

JPEE,

Thanks, the iPhone 4 takes nice video, I was impressed...I just need to remember to move my finger, and wear a heavier jacket..lol...

Glad you got some flights in before the rainy weather hit...

Sounds like your new charger is working out well for you too....

Back to the Mac book...

Glenn
Old 11-19-2010, 02:47 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That is good you got to fly yesterday.

That will be cool to see lights on your plane.

Guys,

This chip has been working great. With my old chip there was about a 2sec delay before it showed the button pressed. Now there is only a small delay that I put in on purpose. I designed and ordered the circuit board for that along with a communication board for my other controllers. They both should arrive on Monday.

Nick
Old 11-19-2010, 11:45 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like you are having lots of fun with your controllers and screens...

I was thinking today about your projects...do you think you'll move on to any touch screen projects?

My friend at work just got a new phone, a Samsung Galaxy....it has a Super AMOLED display, and it it amazing looking, the colors on it really pop out, and the black is super black, one of the best looking displays I have ever seen...neat stuff coming out these days!

Hope you keep busy with the cool new projects.

Glenn
Old 11-20-2010, 12:42 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The LCD that I am using is a touch screen display. The company I bought the display from offered me a 10% discount and I was thinking about getting a AMOLED touch screen display. However, it was a half inch smaller and I wouldn't be able to put as much info on it. I finally figured out how to update all my controllers with some new settings from entering them on the screen. Now my programming is done for the mean time. Now I want to work on another controller that measures the current, total Voltage, Ah, Wh, average temp of all the cells, # of cycles, control safety circuits, control fans, determine State of Charge, and maybe more. Then I would integrate it with the display and all my other controllers. I will wait for my circuit boards to come before I start that, so I can have more room on my bread board for prototyping that project.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.