Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:13 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff,

Thanks. It looks like you are getting into 3D with your airplanes. My Super Cub has been collecting dust. I should get some flights on it some day, but I am to lazy to go out to a field.

Nick
Old 09-17-2008, 02:16 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

Thanks. It looks like you are getting into 3D with your airplanes. My Super Cub has been collecting dust. I should get some flights on it some day, but I am to lazy to go out to a field.

Nick
Nick ~

Yeah, take that sucker up and flying ! The dust will blow right off... Do it in honor of Glenn.... Well, been busy tinkering all night and now its just past midnight here Cali time...Lol.. Gotta get up in 4 hours... [] I see your still here on RCU... Your hardcore ! I always see ya up late... Same with me, I'am just logged off, and keep quiet... The early hours is when I'am usually active and posting...

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I only got 4.5 hours of sleep last night. I always try to get more, but I just can't get off RCU.

Nick
Old 09-17-2008, 01:58 PM
evdreamer

I just pulled of my first piro figure 8! It looks a lot better than a piro circle. When I crashed doing a piro in the past I though I would never do one again, but it is a lot of fun doing a piro and moving the helicopter around in the sky.

Bad news I crashed the CPP in an inverted hover again this morning. It pulled the support for the mixer arm off the grip. Then after I ordered my parts I found my aileron servo gears are stripped. I will go down to the LHS tomorrow and see if they have any or I will have them order the gears then I can get free shipping. I was doing really good and when I went to flip the helicopter right side up it went behind me and hit the house. I knew my luck of not needing parts after a crash would be short lived. I also got a Thunder Power 910mAh battery and it weighs the same as the stock 800mAh battery. I changed my settings to make the CPP more tame, so I hope that will help in the future. My tail is drifting to the left and I don't know why. So I put the 10T pinion back on and hope that fixes it since it didn't do that with the 10T pinion.

Hope every gets a chance to fly today.

Nick
Old 09-17-2008, 07:59 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the crash...but at your level of flying, at your stage, there are bound to be crashes. If you don't push the envelope, you'll never make progress! Doesn't sound too bad, just bad that you don't have the parts on hand to fix it. Sounds like you are having a great time with the piros with figure 8's....that must be pretty cool to do.

Sounds good on the taming down a bit, from what you said before, it was really winding up as far as head speed goes...maybe a bit too high?

I did get some flying in today. But not much. I basically just wanted to get my trims set. I didn't tell you I don't think that Rob wants to buy my spare DX6i, and we were talking about it. The problem is, the one I have been using forever (the one I bought for the CPP originally, a separate radio) has an issue with the roller. It is like super sensitive, and inaccurate. And very frustrating. If you are making adjustments, it will either not go far enough, or too far...and make you select the wrong thing.

I have been meaning to get it fixed, send it back, but never got around to it. Well, I finally took the time to manually tranfer all the settings for 6 models over to the good DX6i, to get ready to send the bad one back to Horizon. So, I have some trims to reset on each heli.

I went up to the horse track field, and I might as well have gone to Grand Central Station!! LOL The trucks were there, a new car carrier was there, loading up cars, and the old guy with the dog, and his daughter, and guys loading/unloading the trucks...etc...etc. I was determined to fly, so I just set up in the parking lot. It's a huge lot, with no cars around for 300 feet at least. Just light poles...and very hard asphalt in the case of a crash.

I got them both trimmed out nicely, and then it got too dark. I still haven't done anything with the AMA or the FSA (Free State Aeromodelers) club.

Hope you get your parts soon, and can fly by the weekend, at least.

I'm gonna watch some TV and do some simming on the G4 for a while.

Where is everybody else? LOL

Glenn
Old 09-17-2008, 10:06 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Can't speak for the rest of guys but I worked a full day and then had to get out and go see the sister in-law BUT!.....................not before charging all of my batteries to have a fly fest tomorrow morning. I'll take 402 and the Trojan. Should be a good day and I am going out to the big place with acres and acres of flying areas and NO GUYS with dogs or daughter either LOL. I am pretty sure I mentioned yesterday I had gotten to the Park only to find allof the crew working there, it just plain-oh sucks when that happens. You get all jazzed up and then the big let down.

I will look for the Quark by the endof this week (thats early).

My buddy the Geek got me 10 computer power sources. When it rains I will then get out the how to book and start making power stations for my chargers. I have already purchased all of the resistors and most of whats needed, we'll see.

Hope you have a good TV abd SIM night

JPee OUT
Old 09-17-2008, 10:35 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah I'am still accounted for also, but just been super busy with wrapping things up here in Cali, and getting ready to depart back to Washington State in the next month or so... (I'am an over-planner...) Also, because of you and JPEE I have been busy downloading models and flying sites for the G4 !...[8D] Have you been downloading new flying sites also ? There is some really cool ones !

Just thought I would add that I'am a subscriber to 4 RC magazines... RC Heli/ Fly RC/ Model Airplane News/ and Radio Control Helicopter... In this months issue of Radio Control Helicopter, they give the Quark extremely high ratings... "The perfect first heli" they say... As stable almost as a coaxial ! Pretty neat... The guy giving the review said he has NEVER flown a helicopter that size that is as stable or maneuverable as the Quark.... A perfect step up from a coaxial... Pretty cool you and JPEE have one !

Nick ~

Sorry about the crash.... But glad to see you pushing the envelope more and more.... You've came such a long way, there's no reason for anything to slow you down now... There will be a time when those crashes will cease to exist, but your flying will just be like all those popular name professionals we read about, and in the end will be all worth it as you already know my friend.....

JPEE ~

Sure could use some video of those B-400's of yours, and even that T-28...! I live for videos, as we all do I believe.... Glad to see you sticking around here... I also now find myself not just posting in priority to my home thread the Wheeee.....CP thread, but now feel connected and obligated here as well.... When my time is limited and short I now have two priorities for posting.... I like the friendliness and the expert knowledge here with you guys, and feel fortunate to be a part of it...

Alright guys, take care.....

~ Jeff

Old 09-17-2008, 11:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

Old 09-17-2008, 11:18 PM
evdreamer

Glenn and Jeff,

I like to think of my CPP as a test dummy and don't care if I crash because I have plenty of spare parts except the two I needed. I kind of think that I crashed when I learned upright flight and I will crash when learning inverted flight. And it probably won't be my last crash in a long time. I baby my T-Rex too much to try any more inverted flight with it until I master it with the CPP.

Glenn, I was getting around the max RPM the CPP can handle.

Good to hear you got to fly today. I have heard people complaining about the roller on the DX6i on other threads. Yeah asphalt doesn't sound like the best place to have a crash.

I should get most of my parts by Saturday, but if I have to order the servo gears it could be longer. Or I could just put the S75 servos back in for a temporary fix.

Nick
Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

just stop in to see how everyone is doing, I won't be on for the next week or so seeing my wedding is saturday, just wanted to see what everyone has been up to?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:24 AM
JPEE

Jeff, I remember you said at one time where you are here in Sunny Cali for a while but where?

JPee
Old 09-18-2008, 09:28 AM
JPEE

Helistyle,

Don't forget to sneak at least a CX2 in your honeymoon bag and a few batteries, LOL

Have a wonderful wonderful life and congradulations! We just finished 25 years and I would not trade that for anything.

Smiles JPee
Old 09-18-2008, 10:48 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

lol I thought about bringing my walkera 4#b but that wasn't happening with the wifey, thanks so much, and congrads on the 25 years long time and very rare these days that marriages last more then 5 years
Old 09-18-2008, 11:39 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Guys,

I don't have much time, it's lunchtime at work, but I ran across this very interesting video you guys might enjoy...it's Nick Maxwell again, this time flying a Gaui 200 that is FLYBARLESS...

I have heard some chatter about this heli, and I think it's just in the developmental stages...but it sure looks impressive to me (well, ya gotta consider who's flying it too...).

Talk to you guys more later on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDE2eF_9jbQ

Glenn
Old 09-18-2008, 12:20 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is an impressive video. I wonder if he is using a flybarless gyro or not. I was thinking Gaui was making a gyro for a flybarless system.

Nick
Old 09-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Evan T.

hey guys if i flew my blade cx2 untill it wouldnt hover any more is the battery messed up
Old 09-18-2008, 01:07 PM
JPEE

Helo Even,
More than likely your OK. However dont do that anymore. Set and egg timer if you have to and fly like 6 min. You wil find that you have hover with a low battery but when you give throttle the red lite will come on to let you know the battery is working harder. Again depending how old that battery is you should fly like 6-8 min that change out them out.

Good Luck JPee
Old 09-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Evan T.

okay thanks the only reason i did this was because i got it from a kid and it didnt have the charger and i wanted to fly really bad and it didnt have to much of a charge to begin with so it ran down real fast
Old 09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
JPEE

Hi Evan,

If you think your gongto stick with this hobby then look at the EFLITE 505 charger. It will charge up to 5 cell batteries one at a time. They cost 100.00 but a great tol for the hobbie. If you get a CX2 charger (crap but works) it takes 1.5-2 hours to charge a battery. The C505 flies through the charge and I think it takes me 25-45 minutes max, honselty I dont keep track anymore.

Smiles JPee
Old 09-18-2008, 02:22 PM
JPEE

Hey guys, I need to get some more 3 cells packs for my Blade 400s and my T-28 airplane. I have looked and read up on Zippies, Kongs and of course Eflites. Has anyone used beyond the eflites any other batteries and have a record of a good alternitive?

Thanks JPee
Old 09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I ordered some batteries that are an alternative version of the Zippy and it is called the Rhino battery. I am hoping to get them some time next week. I have three Flight Power batteries which two of them are no longer usuable. One due to a crash and the other due to puffing. The one Flight Power battery I have left has 102 cycles on it and still going strong. Then I have an Outrage battery and it seems to have a little more power than the Flight Power batteries. Then I ordered a Thunder Power Pro-lite battery yesterday that I am planning on getting on Saturday or Monday. If you have the luck that I do with puffing batteries I would recommend the Thunder Power Extreme V2 or Airthunder batteries. I now have two puffed batteries I can no longer use and they didn't have that many cycles on them. But the Thunder Power V2 and Airthunder batteries are supposed to never puff so that would save a lot of money. Just my two cents.

Nick
Old 09-18-2008, 05:15 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

I wrote a response to you battery info but it has not poted. I'll wait and see if it does or not before I re-write it, thanks for your input.

Well guys I kinda got ballsie today and tried two things that I have never done nor did I think I would. First I took my T-28 plane and was doing fig 8s and then barrel rolls and lastly loop de loops. Now this was my 3rd and 4th packs in this plane. Then I took a chance and got some elevation and flew upside down twice for a far distance it seemed like and WOW what a rush! So then after having success and confidence and that this is HELICOPTER thread I took up my 400 #2. Now I have to mention that both of my 400's 01 & 02 I took all of the neg pitch out for more slow and scale flying. The 3D crazyness just did not appeal to me months ago so there is that consideration before I mention what I tried. Now with that said, at zero throttle my blades are at zero pitch but I thought what-the-hey lets try anyway........ so I climbed pretty high at full throttle and pulled back the stick and tried a loop de loop with the heli. When I went up no problem, as I hit 12 o clock at the top of the circle no problem, I pulled back and over and as I came down no problem but it was starting. As I tried to start pulling up at the bottom of the loop I was closing in on the grass and ground and now saw..........I AN'T AH GONNA MAKE IT!........I continued down at half throttle and still kept back on the stick and then as I closed in at the bottom I open up the throttle to pull the bottom of the loop.........I am not sure what happend exactly as my life was in front of my eyes but the heli came to the bottom of the loop and was ready to hit the ground so I closed the throttle while still pulling back the cyclic and ever so lightly she hit the ground and stopped abruptly and sat there nice as you please. When I walked up on her figuring I'd see my poor 402 a mess I found that one skid leg was broken and thats all! I guess luck was with me today. I will now take my 402 and reset it back to stock settings so I can again (try) do the loop de loop under idle up with everything in a faster mode and I should be able to. Hell, if you don't try whats the use ah flying I say. Thas my story and I am sticking to it.

Thanks for listening....JPee
Old 09-18-2008, 05:27 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Your welcome.

Cool to hear about your experience with your airplane and helicopter. The last time I tried a loop I also crashed. So now I want to be able to fly inverted before I try the loop again. I crashed because I wasn't used to inverted flight.

Nick
Old 09-18-2008, 05:46 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick, while your right here did all of the batteries you mention have a drirect hook up to the Eflite ESC's and .....do they all have balance plugs?

Smiles JPee
3:46 Cali Time
Old 09-18-2008, 06:00 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah they all have the main leads and the balance connectors. I am assuming you have the C505 charger based on a few posts ago?
If so you are going to need an adapter from the Thundpower Balance connector to the E-Flite(Also called Align) balance connector. The Thunder Power, Flight Power, and Outrage batteries all have that type of connector and not an E-Flite one. Then you also need a Deans or the one connector E-Flite uses on the B400 for the main leads. As these batteries don't the main connectors on them. I am not sure what kind of balance connector the Rhino batteries have, but I am thinking it is the E-Flite one.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.