Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 06:24 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Wow, that rear bearing sounds like a PITA...what gave you the most trouble? Did you heat the engine crankcase in the oven?

I am not looking forward to doing mine either...I probably only have about 30 flights on my engine, so hopefully it's not needed yet. I am not looking forward to removing the engine, because of the stuck set screw in the starter adapter, that is going to be a PITA when it comes time, but I've got a new adapter in case I have to destroy that old one getting it off.

Glad you got a good deal on the new servos, sounds like the way to go, rather than looking all over for parts for the now obsolete servos. That was one of my major reasons for going with new servos on the SDX, rather than using those old JR's...they were probably decent servos, but I could not find parts for them anywhere.

That hub looks like it will work out well to connect the boards.

I think my club field is closed for deer hunting season now, not that I'd go fly this weekend, it's pretty chilly, not supposed to go over about 48 degrees for a high...

I've got lots of homework of my own here, with still learning OS X, and the new games.

Hope you have fun with the new boards..

Glenn
Old 11-26-2010, 06:46 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I heated the engine in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-20min each time. Then I put the bearings and the crankshaft in the freezer for the same amount of time. It only took me about 5min to disassemble the engine, but I had a hard time removing and installing the bearings. The old rear bearing kept getting stuck on the crankshaft. Then when I tried to install the new bearings they kept getting stuck crooked or didn't go in all the way. So I kept removing them and trying to insall them over and over.

That is good there is a lot to learn with your new computer, so the fun will last a long time.

Nick
Old 11-26-2010, 09:41 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

In 2 hrs and 20 min from now eastern standard time, something very special is going to happen at 12:01 midnight.

JPEE
Old 11-26-2010, 10:13 PM
choppersrule

Power Pole Connectors

If you've ever had troubles getting power pold connectors together, here's a good video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A9Di...layer_embedded

Dave
Old 11-26-2010, 10:22 PM
JPEE

Hey Dave,

Happy Post Turkey Day

I saw the video about 30 min ago, he's a HOOT!

JPEE
Old 11-26-2010, 10:25 PM
choppersrule

JPEE,

You too, Happy Post Turkey Day.. For leftovers, I like a turkey sandwich with just butter and chopped green olives.

Spill the beans, what's up at midnight.

Nothing RC going on here in Indy. To cold, been raining and a little sleet the last few days.

Dave
Old 11-27-2010, 12:42 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hey Guys,

In 2 hrs and 20 min from now eastern standard time, something very special is going to happen at 12:01 midnight.

JPEE
Well the time has come. It is past midnight on the East Coast so that
makes it Saturday. What so special about Saturday? This!

"Happy Birthday Glenn"

John
Old 11-27-2010, 12:47 AM
choppersrule

Happy Birthday Glenn

And many returns.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:34 AM
evdreamer

Happy birthday Glenn!

Nick
Old 11-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Man oh man, Glenn's...??

Happy Birthday!!!

I guess you already got all your gifts early!

Mark
Old 11-28-2010, 04:29 AM
Aframomum

I hope Glenn had a good time on his birthday, he's been awfully quiet so I bet he did!

Looks like Nick isn't the only one with servo issues...I had to replace the gear set in my elevator servo...seems I had been flying on a servo with some gear teeth broken. [X(] Found it a few days ago when the heli was behaving rather strangely. Probably did it when I had that botched auto during my maiden hover. Replaced the plastic with shiney new metal.

Mark
Old 11-28-2010, 05:01 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good your heli didn't crash due to the stripped gear.

Nick
Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

I hope Glenn had a good time on his birthday, he's been awfully quiet so I bet he did!

Looks like Nick isn't the only one with servo issues...I had to replace the gear set in my elevator servo...seems I had been flying on a servo with some gear teeth broken. [X(] Found it a few days ago when the heli was behaving rather strangely. Probably did it when I had that botched auto during my maiden hover. Replaced the plastic with shiney new metal.

Mark
Hello Mark,

You know I stripped my stock servos several times on my 500. I never lost one do to failure but rather from crashing. Now having flown Hitec's in my 400's and finding them bullet proof I did do an upgrade on the 500 way back when. I have been very pleased and in my several crashes, and I mean several LOL........I have never lost one. I threw the stockers in a box and have them for another project down the line. I could have upgraded them like you did but honestly I just never thought of upgrading the gears.......it slipped by me. I love your new gears but do I see some gears are still nylon? or are all of the gears now metal? In either case congratulations on catching the issue before it costed you dearly in a crash.

We are still eating Honey Baked Ham left over from TGD and I am sorry, that stuff still tastes great. Just call me Porky!

John
Old 11-28-2010, 07:22 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the well wishes for my B-day, and yeah, been really busy with all kinds of new stuff, and some older stuff too...I bought myself a couple of new things, one by choice, the other by necessity...

I've read nothing but good things about the Apple "Airport Extreme" "N" routers...and mine was getting pretty old in router years (3)....cuts out now and then, needs a reboot....so I went for it for my B-day gift to myself...

The reviews were right, very, very easy installation (a blessing for anyone who has ever had a difficult time with a router/access point/wifi installation!!), it's fast, and from what I hear, no more reboots...so far, so good, considerably faster on wired ethernet and wifi..

The unplanned new thing was a printer...my old one started printing very faintly, just after I installed new ink...(OK, so it was some cheap eBay ink...)...so I took a look, and removed the print head, cleaned it in denatured alcohol, let it dry, retried it, and still no go...priced a print head, and it was like $57 with shipping...so I looked around at the Black Friday sales, and got a new Canon printer (updated model of mine, basically) for $89, and I had a $10 gift certificate...so I walked out of Best Buy with a very nice new printer for $85..[8D]

So between setting those two up, and my normal weekend stuff, I got kinda behind, including here on the forums...

Thanks again guys for the B-day wishes!

Nick,

Sounds like the bearings were quite a struggle...glad you finally got it...

Still learning new stuff on the Mac all the time....it's more work than changing RC heli transmitters over...[X(]

Mark,

Let's not discuss depressing things like how old I just turned....lol...

Glad you nipped that gear in the bud, so to speak, and prevented a disaster...

I'll bet that did happen on the auto...many times, there is hidden damage even in those "little" incidents...

Hope it all goes smooth next time out...

Glenn
Old 11-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Aframomum

Glenn,

Sounds like your birthday was very good and you got some nice goodies out of it too!

Did you really go to BestBuy on Black Friday?? [X(]

JPEE,

Good deal on your order with Helidirect...and free shipping. Must have missed that one, another time. Let me know how your Stealth blades turn out...I know mine took several strips of tape to balance, btw...they don't come with any balance tape so look for some spares around. Also, they can be a tight fit to the grips...but hey, at only $26 plus .99 for two pair no-one's complaining.

I replaced all the nylon gears on the elevator servo so that lathering in grease must be what your seeing as looking like plastic, but rest assured its all metal in there now.

I did take her for a spin this afternoon but need to redo my swash leveling...I guess replacing the gears threw things off a bit. I leveled her off with trim and got to fly in some gusty winds doing just low level passes...lots of fun. Haven't flown since last week so kinda was going through withdrawls.

Enjoy the leftover ham!

Nick,

Yes I did get lucky...very lucky.

Did you get a chance to fire up your engine after the rebuild, or do you plan to do that when the season begins? Sounds like that was a pesky bearing for sure. Persistance paid off!

Mark

Old 11-28-2010, 10:11 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That is good you are still enjoying your ham.

Glenn,

Your router sounds cool. That is nice you won't have to reboot it. I also have an old router and it needs to be rebooted at least once a year.

Mark,

I am still waiting for my piston rings to arrive. They were $15 a piece. It seems like everything on this engine is expensive. I probably won't fire up my engine until it gets warmer outside. I remember last year I was having trouble getting it started in the cold. I don't know if it was the engine or if the battery wasn't able to supply the current in the cold. If it was the battery I could probably put my extra 12V batteries in parallel and that should easily supply the current.

Nick
Old 11-29-2010, 12:16 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Mark,

Yeah, I did actually go to Best Buy on Black Friday....but in the evening, not at 5 AM!

Believe it or not, the store was busy, but not crowded at about 8PM. I looked at the printers then, did my research, and then went back up on Saturday morning to grab one before they were all gone...and they were going fast at that price!

Nick,

Wow, that's not bad to have to reboot your router once a year...mine was once a month, and sometimes more.

I just had a good scare, my internet didn't work, wifi or LAN, and all the cable modem lights were on, I rebooted everything, and still nothing...I was thinking there was an issue with the new router, so I got my old one out, hooked it up, and same thing...eventually, everything started working again..apparently, a temporary internet outage...just coincidence, I guess..

I remember how hard your engine was to start in the cold last year, might be better to wait until spring. I have never tried to start mine in cold weather.

Glenn
Old 11-29-2010, 10:58 AM
JPEE

HELIDIRECT HAS A 20% OFF TODAY!
JPEE
Old 11-30-2010, 05:36 AM
Aframomum

And then RCU goes down for the day.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:19 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is good it was just the internet and not your new router.

JPEE,

I saw your 700 was part of the 20% of deal.

Nick
Old 11-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Aframomum

Whoa guys, did JPEE get a Trex 700 and not say anything??!!

I didn't see if HD is still having the 20% off...is it still going on today (nov 30)?

Mark

Old 11-30-2010, 03:43 PM
JPEE

Hey Guy's,

Mark, No 700 was purchased. I think I said, it was making me think REAL hard!

What I did do.... was a total cost analisis on a Mikado Logo 600 using most the of the gear from my T-REX 600. As you will see the amount of "out of pocket" is nothing less than Armed Robbery!

I know I talk the talk about doing things here and we all have aspirations, but this time I have made concrete choice. While I would love to have the Mikado in my fleet, I can't justify and additonal $1,307.99 to step from a T-Rex 600 to a Logo 600, it's insane!

Now to show you the difference in costs, you can buy a complete RTF SUPER-COMBO kit 700e from Grand RC (LESS RECEIVER http://www.grandrc.com/inc/sdetail/257243 for the mear sum of $1,560.00 see the difference!

So without further ah-do my "final answer is"........... I will be buying a new motor and ESC for my 600 and make her fly with some guts. That will only set me back about a reasonable $400.00

I HAVE TRIED 18 TIMES TO GET A PICTURE TO LOAD AND IT WONT! IT SAYS ITS LOADED BUT IT IS NOT............. CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75187.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	1528259  
Old 11-30-2010, 03:53 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I have NO INTERNET!!

Comcast had a huge outage Sunday night, but I never got mine back

Cable guy is coming tomorrow ....

Typing this on the iPhone...

Not a whole lot new going on...I'd be thrilled just to get back online!

Glenn
Old 11-30-2010, 04:38 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry you don't have connection to the internet through your computer.

Nick
Old 11-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Aframomum

Arrgh, the world's ending...Glenn's internet on the fritz, JPEE's price ordeal, and RCU keeps going down for maintenance. Yeah, I was having RCU withdrawls last night. lol.

Nick,

Those are some expensive rings for your engine. Guess you got it all back together now.

JPEE,

Sorry about the bum price for the Mikado 600, I guess no amount of discount can off set that kind of price difference. [] At least your getting a motor and ESC for your 600.

Glenn,

Hope Comcast is taking care of their customers and getting that internet back up. I would be PO'd. [:@]

Well guys, looks like my 500 is going to be losing some parts...mainly a flybar and paddles. Decided after some research to go for the Align 3G and do some modding to the existing 500 head to go FBL.

Looked at the Skookum, Curtis Youngblood, V-bar, and BeastX and the 3G looked to be the least expensive intro into FBL. I also saw on HF a long sticky of how to apply electric sealant to each of the sensors to dampen the twitchiness that so many experience with the 3G unit...seems that the mod works extremely well.

So definitely looking forward to this upgrade. Grandrc had the 3G for $179 so can't beat that.

Also waiting for Helidirect to get the Fusano canopy I'm wanting back in stock...Dec. 1 is their list date.

I guess this counts as an early Christmas gift!

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.