Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 05:59 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn, here is everything I own right now.

32 packs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69636.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1541973  
Old 01-04-2011, 03:27 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Almost embarrassed to show my collection...

4 whole packs - 2 Turnigy's for my 500, 1 Align for my Zero, and 1 ThunderPower (the one with no markings and electrical tape) for my Zero.

Crazy as it sounds but I got the TP pack in 2005...and its still alive with its 15C.

Mark

Name:	Ec88852.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	1542136  
Old 01-04-2011, 04:54 AM
Aframomum

Good morning guys,

Guess who also finally got a new canopy...been waiting for this one since early November?!

Mark

Name:	Xu62797.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	1542157   Click image for larger version

Name:	pn37879.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	1542158   Click image for larger version

Name:	db85967.jpg
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	1542159   Click image for larger version

Name:	fd91039.jpg
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	1542160  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Aframomum

Sorry, forgot the video from this morning also.

Today wasn't all that bad of a day for flying. Looks like possible showers for the next few days so glad I got a few flights in this morning.

http://www.vimeo.com/18426223

Mark
Old 01-04-2011, 06:38 AM
jroo

Hey Mark.
Nice canopy man. I just got my Canomod in for the 250 in yesterday. It's gorgeous.

Did you put on the orange landing struts for looks or orientation. If orientation, does it work pretty well? When I am flying left-right, right-left, I tend to get a little disoriented when I'm looking at the heli from the side.

Also, what camera are you using?

James
Old 01-04-2011, 06:44 AM
jroo

Mark,

Just watched your video. Great flying but man... close call at 3:10....holy crap....hahah
Old 01-04-2011, 09:26 AM
JPEE

HOLY COW ! ! !

Mark,

Jreue was 100% right at the 3:10 mark I flintched in my chair while watching, I thought your were done for. That is a handsome canopy and very bright and easy to see. One thing though, don't be affraid to talk in your video. Its ok to say hey guys! here we go! or that flight felt good! The silence is killing me, though...........I do love hearing that 500 motor sing, but I would like to hear something from you too

Jreue, I just put the same orange skid legs on the my 600. They look bright under the store lights but dark and a burnt orange in the shade. In the sun though, they come alive. But I must add that the I use a bright day-glow orange tape on my 600 on the boom which is far far brighter and really shows up anywhere at anytime. You can/ should be able to get it at your LHS and it comes in a sheet about 36" long and 5-6 wide. It comes in any color you can think of. Its $4.00 per sheet.

Also you guys don't forget that tip I gave you about dying your white parts, main gears, landing skid legs with Rite Dye at the grocery store. Boil the water, drop a bag of dye in the and drop your white parts, BAM they are now orange!

JPEE
Old 01-04-2011, 09:29 AM
jroo

You dyed the boom orange or you tail rotors?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:41 AM
JPEE

I did not dye anything, my buddy at the Club field does that. He uses several colors. He uses a color on his his skid legs, a different color on the main gears, a different color on anything that is white plastic. His helis look like rainbows and are very bright.

I just went outside and took these pictures and am very disappointed as they do not show how bright my orange day-glow tape is. I guess the camera can't pick it up the colors correctly. The last few pictures I just ran outside and took with my other camera and it will not pick up the colors either []

Name:	Vt58062.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	1542324  
Old 01-04-2011, 10:04 AM
jroo

ah so its tape? cool. where did you get it? help with your orientation?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: jreue

ah so its tape? cool. where did you get it? help with your orientation?
Sorry Jreue I wrote you all about the tape and I guess it did not come through.

They sell this "tape" but it is really a sheet of material in any color of the spectrum. It comes in sheets about 6" X 36". You cut your piece and then peel the color off of the backing paper and stick on to your RC. It has some pretty good adhesive too. It is sold at the hobby shops here and cost about $4.00 per sheet. All of the plane guys cut a piece 1" wide and the length of a wing and stick it on the leading wing edge. Jreue, when that plane is coming at you and it is time to land boy oh boy does that help.

YES IT GREATLY HELPS ME WITH ORIENTATION, I don't have the eye site you younger fellas have. If I were a flier who did expressly 3D up close no matter but I fly farrrrrr off, its just kinda my thing, a challenge I guess
Old 01-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Aframomum

James,

That is one nice canopy...definitely get some pictures of your heli with it. I use my Canon SD1200 for taking my video's, its just a simple point and click digital camera. I rigged a ballcap so that it sits on the bill portion.

The landing gear is painted neon orange and really just for looks...I saw a guy on HF who had the skids, paddles, and tail blades all orange and thought it looked nice. I started off with the KBDD orange paddles and tail blades and painted the skids later. I mainly rely on the paddles, tail blades, and canopy for orientation.

Sorry guys about the scare in the video...I tell you my loops are great on the sim but for some reason very sloppy in real life. I think I laughed a bit as I got the heli back from over my head.

JPEE,

What is it that your Noobie student is going to be getting for around 1k? FSB?

I do hope that the rains have stopped and the warmer weather returns for you guys...you do need to dry out. []

Too quiet in the video's? I'll see if I can do something about that in later one's. I also think you get the prize for having the most batteries.

Glenn,

A regulated fuel system and governor sounds cool for the new year...not to mention cases of heli fuel.

Sorry for the short lived heat wave, as you said the occasional random warm day shows up here and there throughout the winter. And best of all...no snow.

Nick,

Good luck with your first day of class...is there anyone from your previous school/classes transferring...a familiar face can be a good thing. [

No new heli's for me either this year...I may try out the BeastX FBL system...but I did notice on my last flight how much I use my flybar paddles for orientation purposes. Something I'm going to have to consider with that decision when the time comes. Heck, I may just keep the flybar afterall. One thing I will be getting is more batteries (nothing like JPEE's collection ), just 2 or 3 more. Getting 4 or 5 flights per session would be nice.

Mark
Old 01-04-2011, 09:52 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good you weren't hurt. I had a few close calls when I was trying my first loops. Then I stopped doing them until I was comfortable with inverted flight.

There is one guy from my old college planning to transfer to my new college, but he was a quarter behind me.

Guys,

I got my new electronic parts today. I tested my new balancer circuit and it works a lot better. The switching device is a lot cooler and more power is transfered to the power resistor. That was hovering around 270 degrees. This will balancer a lot faster than any of the balancers on the market. Most of those put a 200-300mA load on a cell and mine would put a 1A load on a cell.

Nick
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 AM
jroo

wohoo. gyro has been delivered. looks like tonight is build night.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:38 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not much new going on here...

JPEE,

I guess you got me beat on the battery contest...I think that was back when I was at my max for batteries...now I have about half that many.

Hope your bad weather passes soon.

Mark,

Looks like you are getting a lot more comfortable with the 500 now...it's great that you have so much room there...I was forever limited by small fields which I never felt comfortable with flying the 500...

Yeah, that little heat wave is long gone...back to normal January weather here.

A very experienced pilot at MHA last year suggested that I might try program mixing on the JR9503 rather than a governor...have read the same thing in Ray Hostetler's "Shop and Field Companion" ...seems like some of the guys that have been in it awhile aren't necessarily big fans of governors..so I may give that some thought as well...hard to beat experience! And it's not like I'm going full tilt 3D anytime soon...

Nick,

Your balancer sounds cool...my Turnigy charger takes FOREVER to balance cells if they are very far off, it would be great to have something that can balance faster...

Glad you have at least one person from your old college to talk to.

jreue,

Sounds like fun playing with the new gyro...enjoy!

Glenn
Old 01-05-2011, 07:26 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Well I did just did quarter pack hover in the yard in dark (with some light) with high winds because I just couldnt wait until tomorrow to test the NUE motor in the 600. I am very pleased with the motor at this point, it is real quite compared to the Align. However I "might" have to step up from the 11T to a 13 to get some kind higher head speed. It sounded pretty low at a hover.
Because the motor stats are kinda vague to me, I wrote a letter later yesterday to NEU motor.com. At 9:30p.m. last night my email peeped there was my responce fromm Mr. Steve NEU himself. He has said that my 75 amp ESC should do the trick for sport flying and some light duty flips. But if I wanted to get UGLY that needed to move up to a 100 amp ESC.

I had to mod the frame to get this monster size motor in there and I will post pictures tomorrow, I am beat.

Nick, that is cool that some old classmates might come over to your school, that might help you in a study group too. I am glad to hear you balancer works better than a store bought one LOL, I knew you'd so it!

Glenn, yes...... as these batteries wear out I will not carry this kind of inventory anymore. With my Hyperion Duo III as I have said, I can charge my 5000's at 2 ea in 23 minutes and the same with 4 ea 3S pack too. This wind is killing me here now and it is butt cold to boot. My buddy and I sit a home texting each other all day what on we are doing LOL and wishing we could come outside.

Oh I forgot to mention about a two weeks ago I signed up for that mag RC Heli? whatever that mag is that you and Nick get.

Mark,
FPV stands for First Person Video. This is where you wear a set goggles (or a computer screen in front of you) with small like computer screens in them. Then you mount a small live cam on your plane or heli. Then you add the antennas on the plane, the google has one and the computer picks up the live video feed from the plane, records it and you with your goggles are looking out the windshild of the heli LIVE as if you are flying it from the cockpit. The big set ups allows to you to fly off and beyond 5 miles and more if you use Ham Radio. The woner of our field was an old radio guy and he flew to Catalina from a boat below. He lost it in the fog but they have a full screen display of speed, alt, battery condition, compass and GPS... WHOYA. Here is a peek.

[link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCd5sVdRa6k&feature=related]Goggles[/link]

[link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9cSxEqKQ78]FPV flying over Statue of Liberty[/link]

JPEE

Old 01-06-2011, 07:25 AM
jroo

Posted the Blade 400 up for sale on ebay. It's got one more day left.

[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160527359188[/link]

Last night I worked on the 250. I had to replace the flybar and one of the servo linkages.

2 out of 3 of my linkage balls came unscrewed from the servo horn. They probably actually pulled out rather than unscrewed because the horns, balls are so tiny. Previously I used thread locker to attempt to lock the metal ball screw to the plastic horn, but I dont think that worked very well; obviously. This time i used Amazing Goop. Any other ideas to make sure these things done come off?

I'd actually like some metal horns if I could find them. The plastic ones are just so tiny and frail on the 250.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:09 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: jreue

Posted the Blade 400 up for sale on ebay. It's got one more day left.

[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160527359188[/link]

Last night I worked on the 250. I had to replace the flybar and one of the servo linkages.

2 out of 3 of my linkage balls came unscrewed from the servo horn. They probably actually pulled out rather than unscrewed because the horns, balls are so tiny. Previously I used thread locker to attempt to lock the metal ball screw to the plastic horn, but I dont think that worked very well; obviously. This time i used Amazing Goop. Any other ideas to make sure these things done come off?

I'd actually like some metal horns if I could find them. The plastic ones are just so tiny and frail on the 250.
Jreue,
the rule of thumb on the servo arms and other plastic parts it this. Metal to metal, use Loctite. Plastic to plastic or plastic to metal use CA glue. Lastly you can buy servo balls with longer stems so you can nut the backside and again use Loctite.
Sorry the 400 has not moved for you, she looks very clean.

JPEE
Old 01-06-2011, 02:33 PM
evdreamer

James,

That is good you got your gyro.

JPEE,

That is good you are liking your new motor.

I don't know if your friend knows this, but if he is part of AMA he needs a spotter to fly with a FPV setup and the spotter needs to be able to see the heli at all times.

Guys,

I got my switching power supply working for my electronics I have been working on. It takes 12V and converts it down to 5V. I destroyed a couple of parts trying to make it work, but it is part of the process. It was able to power a 10W load.

I got tired of doing all the calculations for the power supply, so I made a spreadsheet to do all the work for me. What used to take me a couple of hours now takes me a few minutes.

I also got a free 2GB MP3 player. My dad got it from work and he didn't want it. It looks like the old Apple shuffles, but with his work logo on it.

Nick
Old 01-06-2011, 02:47 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Congrats on the new monster motor....hope it meets your expectations, sure sounds like it's from a very reputable source!

Sorry it's still cold there...hope it clears up for you soon.

jreue,

The biggest drawback to metal servo arms is that they transmit all the energy/shock in a crash directly to the servo output shaft and ultimately, gears. The plastic arms are a bit more forgiving, and help dissipate some of the shock in a crash...so something to consider. I have metal servo wheels on my SDX, and that makes me a bit nervous should it go down hard in a crash.

Nick,

The spreadsheet idea sounds cool.

Automotive computers use 5v DC for a lot of the sensors on the engine controls systems.

The MP3 player sounds cool. 2GB isn't huge, but it will hold quite a bit of music. Hope you enjoy it.

Well, I'm going to be busy tonight...Apple just opened their Mac App Store....very much like the iTunes store for iPhone/iPad/iPod apps, but the apps are for Mac computers, like my Macbook. Should be cool...the entire industry is watching what happens here, if it works well, you may have a Microsoft PC App store before long...

Another little item worth mentioning (for any gadget guys out there) is the CES, or Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, where the manufacturers all show off their stuff that might be released this coming year. Seems alot of interest in 3D TV sets, and 4G wireless this year....as well as everyone trying to copy/catch up to the iPad..

Glenn
Old 01-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Aframomum

Glenn,

Are you planning a roadtrip (or plane trip) to Vegas in the near future?!? That convention sounds really nice and someone as tech saavy as yourself would have a field day just browsing.

Enjoy the app store...looks like you got your Macbook just in time!

JPEE,

I remember seeing those in some RC plane video's...cool for a plane but I think it would be very important to really have control over a heli if you'll be flying out of sight and relying solely on the video feed while flying. That would take some getting used to.

I think the NEU motors are supposed to be at the upper elite of brushless motors for heli's...many of the guys on HF speak really highly of them. Hope the 13 tooth pinion works out for you...do you plan to upgrade the ESC to a 100? Can't wait to here a full flight report on it...as soon as your weather warms up.

James,

Good luck on the 400 auction.

+1 on CA'ing the balls to the plastic horns.

Did your Canomod canopy come in yet?

Alright...between Nick, Glenn, James, and now JPEE I keep hearing about RCHeli magazine - looks like I'm going to have to subscribe to see what I've been missing.

Mark
Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 PM
JPEE

JUST LOST ALL OF MY TEXT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Here is the frame and what it looked like stock. The next pic shows my photoshop rendering of how much frame I had to remove with the grey area. The new two pics show closeups of the motor installed. My buddy did this same mod and while the frame looks weak were the CF was removed he has not broken his even in a crash. So I a hopeful too.

My test over in an open field today reflected I need more head speed! The 11 tooth ain't getting it. So I came home and put on a 13 tooth and pulled some rpms after that. However! my ESC started to get pretty warm. When I flew the 11 tooth she was ice cold, but I need more power so I can pull my flips and roll and such. Sooooo I am getting a Kontronic Jive ESC, I have to talk to a guy from Rediheli tomorrow and get the right match for my motor and size heli as well as my flying level, which is middle of the road if that LOL. But when this is done I will be able to fly the 600 with the same vigor I fly the 500.

Tomorrow morning I'll come back and respond to you gyzzzz's posts, I am looking at my Lazy Boy right now as I am bushed.

John

Name:	If10839.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1543417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13053.jpg
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	1543418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71915.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	1543419   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73178.jpg
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	1543420  
Old 01-06-2011, 07:56 PM
choppersrule

Hi Fellas,

It's been awhile since I posted, but I do keep track of you guys. It's a tuff job, but somebody has to do it.[X(]

I hope that all of you and family, had a great Christmas and a Happy New Years. Remember always, that Family is first.

Glenn, you're priceless, always have something going on, hate to work the weekends, and you love the gadgets. (I'm a gadget nut too!)[8D]

Jpee, what can I say about you..... Hmmm..... Oh, You always seem to be on top of it and have something up your sleeve all the time, for sure.

Nick, you are the wizard without a doubt. I can imagine you seeing electrons and protons and quarks going through space.. Best to you with your education, most important.

Mark, Holy Cow / YIKES!, man you have come a long, long way flying the heli. My hats off to you without question. You have some really nice fields out there. Hope you're like Florida now and settled in with the new job. How's your son liking it.. He's a keeper for sure. I remember the picture of the walks.

Since you guys posted a marathon of battery collections, here's mine. The top, left, 3 batteries are for the RC car. The top- left 2 for the Trex 500. And the bottom row is for the 450's. Youl'll see the single battery, where I label the purchase date of the battery. I NEED MORE! Lol! The next purchase will be the Turnigy Nano-Techs, a few bucks more, but have read many Great Reviews on them.

Oh and my favorite snack, Cheese Balls.

Take care guys and keep up the great hobby,

Dave

Old 01-06-2011, 08:00 PM
choppersrule

I'll try posting pictures later, I kept getting a,

"500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

Name:	Ca82379.jpg
Size:	408.5 KB
ID:	1543429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78123.jpg
Size:	551.6 KB
ID:	1543430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91020.jpg
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	1543431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66679.jpg
Size:	418.6 KB
ID:	1543432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey71043.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	1543433  
Old 01-07-2011, 07:28 AM
jroo

up to $200 now with 17 minutes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160527359188

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.