Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 05:57 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Hahaha Oh I'm not hating. I think it's awsome and funny as hell LMAO And she's a really short women, seeing her jump out of that lifted jeep will get you cracking up. LOL
Old 09-01-2009, 06:08 PM
J-MICHAEL

Joey ~

I love your bike ! [8D] Now you need to figure a way to attach a heli, so you can use it to transport them to the flying field.... Or I'am guessing you already do ! [8D]

JPEE ~

+1 on the picture of you on your bike.... Very nice shot. You know I had to save it with the others... Well sorry to hear ya sold the bikes. Yeah.... It looks as if someone else is out there now with them picking up the ladies eh...?!

Jay ~

I kept thinking I had flown the Funtana 3 times already, and my next time out was going to be my fourth, but in fact I checked and I've only flown it twice ! Heh... So the next time will be my third. I think I'am losing my mind, or I'am just getting older... Dunno... Anyhow, I finally got a chance to put up the 2nd flight of the MFX onto Exposure Room yesterday. The quality is poor because I was messing around with taking it from a MPEG 4 format to a MPEG 2 format. And the darn Webbie was crackling with more interference in conjunction with the DX7 and the weather being cloudy and misty. The plane was soaked afterwards...

This flight was kinda hairy, but I came out of it alive... (LMAO)... I think I want a 11 by 7 prop as I tried on G4... It will make it hover better, and the plane is much user friendly this way. What do you think ? My plane is also overweight, so maybe the 11 by 7 will be also a better choice for that to ? Next time I want to try a newer lipo also...

http://exposureroom.com/members/J-MI...7a86accc54ae7/

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 09-01-2009, 06:11 PM
joeyhatch11

I was going to get the lugage rack for the back and use a bungy to keep her on there but I dont trust it and with my heli over costing over $725 I'd rather not risk it. But I've thought long and hard. Maybe I just didn't come up with the right idea yet.

JPEE, also look on CNCheli.com. They carry that same head/tail combo as well as others.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff

Nice video looks like fun.

I just had the Exi outside and I need to start over with my thr/pit curves. I had super head speed with little lift in normal mode, pitch is +/- 9 so thats ok. Tonic X 3800kv w/11t pinion, 2150mah 20c Rhino batt, Turnigy sentry 40a Esc, 325mm fiberglass blades, G401b gyro, 4 hxt 900 servos, and Ar6100.

Normal
Thr 0/40/70/90/100
Pit 40/50/65/85/100

Idleup
Thr 100/92.5/85/92.5/100
Pit 0/25/50/75/100
Old 09-01-2009, 06:51 PM
theradioflyer

Hey Jeff,
I think you could definitely prop it up just from the looks of your launch out and motor sound. Your just not going to want to leave the throttle up past 3/4 for any length of time. Fly her around your normal way and check your temps. I just propped up a E-Flite power 25 from a 12x6 ,which is very reserved, to a Xoar 13x6 and it has way better thrust for the Stearman. It's all about the way it feels and the temps you get. Bigger diameter lower pitch is usually is best for 3d aircraft.

Great Pics JPEE! Wild Hogs!

Blessings,

Jay
Old 09-01-2009, 06:56 PM
joeyhatch11

Hey guys need your advise once again. Spartan DS760 or Futaba GY520? Anyone running either or and can tell me your thoughts on them?

Looking on Ebay and found a GY520 currently going for $129.00 but all Spartan's are going for $170 or better. Really trying to pick up a rock solid gyro that I wont have to upgrade down the road. An I'm looking to get it this Friday (PAYDAY!!!!)
Old 09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jay ~

Ok thanks for the tip... Yeah I'll have to experiment then. In time I would like to try this Hacker motor also just to see if I can get anything to twist... (LMAO)... [8D]

JPEE ~

Yeah you look like one of the "Sweat-hog's" on that bike.... You know, "Welcome Back Kotter"....

Joey ~

I've only used the Gy401's so far and that's what is on my birds right now. Trouble-free and it only takes about 10 minutes or so to get them dialed in. I've never even came close to a headache with them. But I also hear the Spartan's are top of the line...

Kyle ~

Looking forward to another video soon from ya ! Did you ever get your plane out of that tree yet ?

Old 09-01-2009, 07:10 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Hey guys need your advise once again. Spartan DS760 or Futaba GY520? Anyone running either or and can tell me your thoughts on them?

Looking on Ebay and found a GY520 currently going for $129.00 but all Spartan's are going for $170 or better. Really trying to pick up a rock solid gyro that I wont have to upgrade down the road. An I'm looking to get it this Friday (PAYDAY!!!!)

The G401B has been used successfully on the T-Rex 500....I think they're great for $40 shipped:

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...o-G401B/Detail

Choppers just bought one too...he loves it. Holds as good as the Futaba GY401 or the JR G500T which are WAY more expensive. I strongly recommend spending $40 and then being pleasantly suprised of how well it actually works.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Kyle ~

Looking forward to another video soon from ya ! Did you ever get your plane out of that tree yet ?

LOL no I was going to go look again(had some BIG storms) but have been really busy. I will shoot a vid as soon as I can get the heli's tuned or repair the landing gear on the belt cp. Hopefully it wont be long I just finished changing curves and lower motor timing, raising the swash to get more pitch range. I just had a thought while I was typing last July was my 3rd year of crashing/flying in this hobby and the amount of info I know now "look" like a expert compared to where I was even 2 years ago.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:37 PM
JPEE

I was going to get the lugage rack for the back and use a bungy to keep her on there but I dont trust it and with my heli over costing over $725 I'd rather not risk it. But I've thought long and hard. Maybe I just didn't come up with the right idea yet.

JPEE, also look on CNCheli.com. They carry that same head/tail combo as well as others.
Joey,
DONE deal. Thanks.......... I did see the parts available. Should hit here in 2-4 days
Old 09-02-2009, 04:02 AM
erkrystof

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

The G401B has been used successfully on the T-Rex 500....I think they're great for $40 shipped:

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...o-G401B/Detail

Choppers just bought one too...he loves it. Holds as good as the Futaba GY401 or the JR G500T which are WAY more expensive. I strongly recommend spending $40 and then being pleasantly suprised of how well it actually works.
Wow, nice post, I am tempted to order one just to have it at the ready for that price.

Nothing new here, just enjoying the motorcycles and videos.

Oh, I suppose one thing. Popped one of my heli-repair-cherries with the King 3. My first bent shaft removal. Now to get the part (I picked up the wrong ones when I ordered) and replace it.

The mSR is in stock at the local HobbyTown, but out of the BNF version, soon though... Pops will have some fun. Phoenix Sim and the mSR should make a good birthday present.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:43 AM
joeyhatch11

Hey Crash, does that 401B hold nice and tight for 3D as well? Like I said I'd like to get something that I'll never have to upgrade again for this heli. Thats why I didn't mind spending the money on the GY520. But I would suspect that with my Futaba S9650 digital servo, this gyro would be rock solid right?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:41 AM
crashcrash

Hey Crash, does that 401B hold nice and tight for 3D as well? Like I said I'd like to get something that I'll never have to upgrade again for this heli. Thats why I didn't mind spending the money on the GY520. But I would suspect that with my Futaba S9650 digital servo, this gyro would be rock solid right?
I watched a video of a guy who put the G401B on a T-Rex 500, he was doing 3D in a small area over his driveway in front of his house...it was awsome. I knew the G401B was good, but that really proved to me how good it is. Why spend $140 when this one does as good at $40. My first G401B got broke while I was learning to do a loop but it never broke until the 4th or 5th horrific crash. The dip switch housing fell apart, I couldn't get it back together, or I'd still have it.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:01 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Joey ~

I love your bike ! [8D] Now you need to figure a way to attach a heli, so you can use it to transport them to the flying field.... Or I'am guessing you already do ! [8D]

JPEE ~

+1 on the picture of you on your bike.... Very nice shot. You know I had to save it with the others... Well sorry to hear ya sold the bikes. Yeah.... It looks as if someone else is out there now with them picking up the ladies eh...?!

Jay ~

I kept thinking I had flown the Funtana 3 times already, and my next time out was going to be my fourth, but in fact I checked and I've only flown it twice ! Heh... So the next time will be my third. I think I'am losing my mind, or I'am just getting older... Dunno... Anyhow, I finally got a chance to put up the 2nd flight of the MFX onto Exposure Room yesterday. The quality is poor because I was messing around with taking it from a MPEG 4 format to a MPEG 2 format. And the darn Webbie was crackling with more interference in conjunction with the DX7 and the weather being cloudy and misty. The plane was soaked afterwards...

This flight was kinda hairy, but I came out of it alive... (LMAO)... I think I want a 11 by 7 prop as I tried on G4... It will make it hover better, and the plane is much user friendly this way. What do you think ? My plane is also overweight, so maybe the 11 by 7 will be also a better choice for that to ? Next time I want to try a newer lipo also...

http://exposureroom.com/members/J-MI...7a86accc54ae7/

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Jeff, another great video. You planes flies to lofty, soft and smooth...............enjoy it
JPEE
Old 09-02-2009, 01:14 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Thank-you... It sure is fun to fly, and much more relaxing than the heli's. Great to mix it up a bit ! I was just putting on the 2nd coat of wax on her last night... Then of course I got distracted as usual, and was then trying to figure where to mount a rear red LED... LMAO... It never ends... EH !

I think I know why I can get away with using Acetone and flashing the MonoKote material to remove the wax if I need to for applying stickers, or patches etc. But I saw on a MonoKote description that the material is fuel proof ? So maybe that could be helping it not getting damaged from the Acetone. Heh...

FEATURES:

Pressure sensitive adhesive backing (for easy application)
Fuel proof and waterproof
Permanently bonding

But yeah, the MFX is one slippery mother ! By the time the 3rd coat comes around, I'll have to wear my Neoprene gloves to even get a grasp ! Howard Hughes would be proud eh ?!

You've been slacking on your T-28 videos I think ! What's up with that....?! [8D]

Take care mister,

~ Jeff

Old 09-02-2009, 01:49 PM
erkrystof

I see a LED surrounded by a nice looking plane!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:57 PM
theradioflyer

Your plane is going to look cool at dusk glowing with that LED in there[8D]

Blessings,

Jay
Old 09-02-2009, 05:37 PM
joeyhatch11

Well I'm going to give this 401B a try on Friday. If it's not as awsome as you guys say, I'll post it for sale and go with the Futaba. But your right though. If it's that badass, then she should hold up quite nice and I can save a buck. I can't wait, if it's better than the Esky 704B HH, I'll be alright. Thanks guy for the feedback. Joe
Old 09-02-2009, 06:25 PM
joeyhatch11

Well so far all the pics/videos I've seen of this gyro, it's been installed upside down under the heli. Is this something I HAVE to do? I'm going to pick one up on Friday and have it rushed delivered. HAHAHA Looks very solid from these videos.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Wnuk

Joey-I'm not sure if it HAS to be mounted upside down. Most people mount gyros that way to protect it from a blade (or flybar paddle) strike. I have my GY401 mounted this way on my Flasher. I have a 9650 on thet ail with it and it is solid. I've heard nothing but good things from the g401 so you should be great.

Jim
Old 09-02-2009, 07:35 PM
joeyhatch11

Cool thanks dude. I'm going to see if I have a spot to mount it like that. I too am running the 9650 and LOVE it. Even with my Esky 704B it's rather good. But need a little better hold on the tail.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:06 PM
theradioflyer

I even mounted mine here to protect it and it holds perfectly. I had a crash and a dent in mine tail boom right near where the gyro would sit on top... it would have been toast.

Blessings,

Jay
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98540.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1267742  
Old 09-02-2009, 09:37 PM
crashcrash

Cool thanks dude. I'm going to see if I have a spot to mount it like that. I too am running the 9650 and LOVE it. Even with my Esky 704B it's rather good. But need a little better hold on the tail.
The G401B makes the E-Sky HHG look like GARBAGE. The Telebee when working right is close, but they die to easily and cost to much.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:57 AM
erkrystof

Just ordered one of those gyros to mess around with on the King 3, Vic, thanks.

BTW, is this what you are getting?

http://www.xheli.com/exi-450-body-frame-arf.html
Old 09-03-2009, 05:28 AM
joeyhatch11

I took a look last night and I can't mount the gyro under the tail boom unless I strap it on. I have the HDX450SE and the stock mounting location is on top and that plate is built into the frame. Jay, thats a nice spot to mount it too but mine is taken up with the ESC. I'll probably just leave it up top. The Esky gyro is rather big and bulkey and I dont think this new one is that big so I should be alright. If I mess it up, for $34 I'll replace it and then consider other mounting options.

Can you guys tell me how you feel about carbon fiber blades and possibly which brand to go with? Right now I'm using the HDX fiber glass blades and really like them. But there is a tiny bit of flex in them. I was planning on using them through this new learning process but wouldn't mind dropping in a nice set of carbons to see what they feel like. I'm always ordering from HeliDirect so if you guys could point me in the direction of a nice set that would be awsome. Thanks, Joe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.