Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 12:51 AM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Wow Jeff...those are some wore out pieces of rubber there. You know, I've had 3 of these F-16's and they are FUN to fly and have a coolness factor unmatched. My particular F-16, they have a hard time keeping stuff in stock so I'm gonna fly mine till it's done and send the hardware to Jay. Because they are HARD to get parts for, I decided to try this F4-E. I hope it's built at least half as good as my F-16. It has weak spots, but I learned where they are and re-enforced everything, haven't really had a prob since except using the wrong servos which caused my last crash. I now have Hobby City HTX-900's in it, and they work great and are not prone to fail under the loads this plane puts on them, which can be a lot in a power turn (bank and yank). I wouldn't mind an F4, F14, or FA18, or even the F15 by GWS. The A4 skyhawk is another good consideration by GWS. If I had the $$$, I'd just skip the middleman and get them all. BUT....my next project IS the GWS PT17, Jay really got me interested in doing a double wing job.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56021.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1276904  
Old 09-17-2009, 01:47 AM
J-MICHAEL

My buddy went down to the little beaver ponds just recently and caught a little 48 pound trout.... Kinda cute eh ?!..... (LMAO).... Kidding... But dang, I'am packing and heading North !

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...bid=yhp#Replay
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81036.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1276917  
Old 09-17-2009, 10:31 AM
crashcrash

Biggest trout I ever seen.....I've seen sharks smaller than that.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Wnuk

Ain't never seen a trout that big before! Bet that would feed a family of 4 for a month or more. Those would be some huge fillets!

Eric- Sorry to hear about the LCD, they can be very sensitive to pin placement, I've done that before myself, though not on a TX.

Jim
Old 09-17-2009, 03:03 PM
erkrystof

ORIGINAL: Wnuk

Ain't never seen a trout that big before! Bet that would feed a family of 4 for a month or more. Those would be some huge fillets!

Eric- Sorry to hear about the LCD, they can be very sensitive to pin placement, I've done that before myself, though not on a TX.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. Got the new one today. It will not be cracked open for looooong while.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:09 PM
choppersrule

Hi Fellas,

The old Chopper needs some help with Idle-Up pitch curve settings. In the past all of my helis, I was using the Stock TX and the idle-up setting were already programmed in the TX.. Now I'm using a DX6i, and have been only flying in "Normal Mode".

Are the Pitch Curves for stunt mode, just a copy of the curves from Normal mode? I'm ready for stunt mode in the DX6i.

Any recommendations? It's on the Legend 450 heli, running a 3500kv motor, a 40 amp ESC and JR servos all around.

Dave
Old 09-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Wnuk

Dave- These are my throttle and pitch curves on my DX6i for both normal and idle up modes. Pitch curves should NOT be the same for both. In normal mode, you want a pitch range from about -2 to + 10. In idle up you want -10 to + 10, without any binding. These settings are for my Flasher 450 and they work great for my flying. You can teweak to suit yours

Normal: Throttle: 0-40-60-80-100
Pitch: 41-42.5-56-75-100

Idle Up: Throttle:95-95-95-95-95
Pitch: 0-25-50-75-100

When I switch to idle up I can hear a change in the RPM (notice the flat 95% throttle curve). I do this by design. This way I know for sure I am in idle up and have all the negative pitch I need for inverted stuff. Some people set it up so their throttle setting in normal mode (around hover) matches the throttle setting in idle up so they don't hear the RPM change. It's all preference. You may setup your idle up throttle curve something like 90-85-80-85-90. So when you are hovering in normal mode the throttle is roughly 80%. Now switch to idle up and the throttle is roughly the same and no RPM change. Just some food for thought.

Jim
Old 09-17-2009, 06:37 PM
choppersrule

Jim,

Thanks so much for your throttle and pitch curves. This helps me out alot. I'll plug in your setting and go from there, tweeking as needed. We all have different flying styles, and that's the great thing about the programmable radios, being able to adjust setting until it fits your needs. I've gotta work Saturday, plus a few chores around the house to do. So, Sunday will be the earliest to give the new settings a try in idle-up. I'll let ya know how it goes. I've printed it out for future reference too.

Take care and thanks again,
Dave
Old 09-17-2009, 09:52 PM
J-MICHAEL

Me and Kel, spent all Wednesday night into Thursday morning by our oldest black lab Chelsea who was dying. We spent hours by her side until she finally passed away early Thursday morning. She was 12 years old. She was beyond a remarkable dog. Beyond... Very sad, and I'am pretty much devastated... Words can't describe. My spirit and drive for the moment is gone, and I believe I'am just going to take a break from here for a bit. However, You know me and I'll be back sometime, or someday. Just want to wish everyone here fair skies, and happy flying. Don't get to far ahead of me now guys with your flying...

Here is an older picture of Chelsea in the photo below. She is the black lab on the leftside.

Until next time,

~ Jeff

Old 09-17-2009, 11:40 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Me and Kel, spent all Wednesday night into Thursday morning by our oldest black lab Chelsea who was dying. We spent hours by her side until she finally passed away early Thursday morning. She was 12 years old. She was beyond a remarkable dog. Beyond... Very sad, and I'am pretty much devastated... Words can't describe. My spirit and drive for the moment is gone, and I believe I'am just going to take a break from here for a bit. However, You know me and I'll be back sometime, or someday. Just want to wish everyone here fair skies, and happy flying. Don't get to far ahead of me now guys with your flying...

Here is an older picture of Chelsea in the photo below. She is the black lab on the leftside.

Until next time,

~ Jeff

Jeff...you and Kel are a good mommy and daddy. I truly feel your pain, my wife and I lost our little Rockie a week ago and he was 16 years old, it's like loosing a child. I'm very sorry for you two. Take care friend.... we'll miss you while you're gone.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:41 AM
erkrystof

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

Jeff...you and Kel are a good mommy and daddy. I truly feel your pain, my wife and I lost our little Rockie a week ago and he was 16 years old, it's like loosing a child. I'm very sorry for you two. Take care friend.... we'll miss you while you're gone.
Indeed, and we'll be waiting for your return, and we know what you're going through. Take care.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:52 AM
joeyhatch11

Jeff I'm so sorry to hear of your lose. I too lose a lab about a year ago now. Doctors couldn't tell us what happened. He was only 7, but they think it was brain related. Very sad. I hope you come back soon. Joe
Old 09-18-2009, 06:16 AM
Wnuk

Sad to hear, Jeff. Pets become like family and losing one hurts as much. Grieve for awhile and then remember the good times.

Jim
Old 09-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff

I understand also what your feeling as you know my German shepard Jessie is slowly being paralized from the hind legs forward this last week she is walking on her own less and less. take care buddy
Old 09-18-2009, 05:22 PM
choppersrule

Jeff and Kelly,

Liz and I have our hearts out to you both. We too, went through a simillar situation, with our Cocker Spaniel named "Chrissy Jingles" several years ago.

God Bless you both,

Dave
Old 09-18-2009, 05:58 PM
theradioflyer

Jeff,
I'm very sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you. You were very Blessed to have such a wonderful Dog for a good long time. My prayers are with you and Kelly.

God Bless,

Jay
Old 09-19-2009, 12:17 AM
erkrystof

Well, finally got our Benny Hill out of our system, with some test stands created for testing helicopter modifications (not so much on the hovering)

Jeff - Don't watch or click the link for a week or two, please.

Article with video: http://www.hoverandsmile.com/library...-stands-are-go

Or just the video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgjOyih-3Tg[/youtube]
Old 09-19-2009, 06:50 AM
joeyhatch11

Thats a cool video, nice stand. Funny as hell to watch. LMAO
Old 09-19-2009, 06:58 AM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

[] JEFF MICHAEL; my sincerest condolences for losing your partner. I dread to think that "our own" separation time is nigh, since Beau is now over 12.(Cockers are supposed to go to 15+.) it is very painful
For the rest of the BOB group I am leaving tonight at 9 pm CST. Through the WEB I can still remain as a lurker and will monitor the thread daily. I hope to pick up on heli flying in Brazil and if possible will post some film on what is going on down there. My brother has found a big local RC field and from their site it seems the activities are high.
Back on OCT 11 and it will be close to not being away, thanks to the WEB.
RICK
Old 09-19-2009, 07:07 AM
erkrystof

ORIGINAL: Barrrick

[] JEFF MICHAEL; my sincerest condolences for losing your partner. I dread to think that ''our own'' separation time is nigh, since Beau is now over 12.(Cockers are supposed to go to 15+.) it is very painful
For the rest of the BOB group I am leaving tonight at 9 pm CST. Through the WEB I can still remain as a lurker and will monitor the thread daily. I hope to pick up on heli flying in Brazil and if possible will post some film on what is going on down there. My brother has found a big local RC field and from their site it seems the activities are high.
Back on OCT 11 and it will be close to not being away, thanks to the WEB.
RICK
Wow, that's a trip! Safe travels, and stay out of trouble.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Wnuk

Hey Rick- Enjoy your trip! We our packing ourselves right now. We leave 6am tomorrow for Disney! The kids are really excited as are my wife and I. Will be back next Saturday night.

Eric- That was one well thought out video! Great test stand too!

I'll check in with everyone next Sunday!

Jim
Old 09-19-2009, 10:07 AM
erkrystof

ORIGINAL: Wnuk

Hey Rick- Enjoy your trip! We our packing ourselves right now. We leave 6am tomorrow for Disney! The kids are really excited as are my wife and I. Will be back next Saturday night.

Eric- That was one well thought out video! Great test stand too!

I'll check in with everyone next Sunday!

Jim
Say hi to the mouse, and if you see Mickey and Spider-man walking around holding hands, or Donald Duck being tickled by Wolverine, don't tell me. I'm generally okay with the Disney buyout of Marvel, but there's a line that has to be drawn somewhere! :P
Old 09-19-2009, 10:30 AM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: erkrystof

Well, finally got our Benny Hill out of our system, with some test stands created for testing helicopter modifications (not so much on the hovering)

Jeff - Don't watch or click the link for a week or two, please.

Article with video: http://www.hoverandsmile.com/library...-stands-are-go

Or just the video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgjOyih-3Tg[/youtube]

Nice production of the video, the dog is a show stealer. The stand is cool too, but I spent most of my time appreciating the talent it took to put that video together. Nicely done.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:07 AM
erkrystof

Nice production of the video, the dog is a show stealer. The stand is cool too, but I spent most of my time appreciating the talent it took to put that video together. Nicely done.

Thank you very much, Vic, I appreciate that greatly. Just trying to add those elements to the video to gain some visual appeal, while keeping it simple and clean.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:01 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: erkrystof

Thank you very much, Vic, I appreciate that greatly. Just trying to add those elements to the video to gain some visual appeal, while keeping it simple and clean.
Well, I'm sure you accomplished the appeal, and then some. I just did a test flight on my EXI and I put on those composite blades they sent when I bought the "EXI plastic version", and I took the woodies off. I had to make 1/2 turn adjust on the tracking...it was that close. I took it out, a little windy and gusty. Must'a got it right because I did a bit of hands off and some slow piros in the wind as well as some nose in, she's smooth as glass. The other night while re-building it after a crash, I powered it up for a test on the bench and somehow I tripped the idleup switch and it went full bore in my hand. I actually grabbed it hard and captured the blades in my arms as it's beating on me, I finally unplug the battery. Well, in grabbing it HARD, the canopy retainer stabbed two nice holes in my right hand (deep), blood splattered everywhere. The blades hit my left middle finger and peeled some skin back, as well as the beating my arms took, the bruises still hurt. The damage to the heli was a set of blades, feathering shaft, and a slightly bent lower rear frame. We fought, I think I LOST...I got beat up worse than it did. Good reason to have that TEST STAND you built. I'm glad I had woodies on there instead of the composite...could'a been a LOT worse. No matter how careful you are, sometimes it goes wrong. I sought to unpower the unit and minimize damage to the helicopter....I didn't think about minimizing the damage to ME. Had I been wearing my leather jacket, I doubt it would have hurt me as bad as it did. The lesson in all this....a 450 can really put you in the hurt locker, possibly kill you, so your stand is "right on" for something you need.[X(]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.