Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

WOW Kyle, I thought she did very well for the first time ! Just about kept that plane in a hover in fact... She deserves a set of wings for sure. Tell her good job for the first try. I really like that plane, seems like it could be a lot of fun and tough for that matter.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:16 PM
choppersrule

Kyle,

Holy Cow, for the first time flyer, she's just done out of site. Kudos to the wife for sure. Another Kudos on her Master's Degree.
You've got one sharp lady there, love her to death.

Welp, gotta go play, LMAO!

Dave
Old 09-23-2009, 02:40 PM
crashcrash

Hey guys...pretty slow here. I crashed yet again with the EXI, and lost a plane in a mature corn field. Well, it's not the equiptment persay, it's me...but NOT my flying skills, I can fly. It seems my eyes are getting worse and the last 3 crashes can be attributed to vision. I have new glasses (to me anyway), they're about 1.5yrs old, and no good. So, it's time to STOP flying anything for the time being. I know I need new glasses for one thing. The other is, MAYBE I need to be flying something BIGGER as well. Right now, I'm evaluating the situation but if a 450 gets more than 200yds from me, I cant see it well enough to maintain orientation. I've been flying out 300+ yards each direction for a total of 600+ yards flying pattern. I'm exploring .40 gassers in planks with 48" wing span....I can see that stuff 500yds out. Maybe the heli thing applies as well.....BIGGER. If I continue with 450's, it's gonna have to be keeping it in the 200yds pattern. I'm also exploring the possibility of a .30/.40 gasser heli, as the physical size is much bigger than the 450. I still have the Corsair, it's flyable, and because of the color scheme and silouett of a Corsair, orientation isn't a problem. It's also designed to fly lower and slower, which makes it easy for me. So, new glasses, new 450 heli resticted distance, and 40 sized planks, maybe a Raptor .30 gasser heli. I got a lot to think about, but I know I'm done flying helicopters till I get a handle on my sight. I'll post progress but I sure see major changes comming my way.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vic

Dont give up maybe you just need some of these

[link]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323929,00.html[/link]
Old 09-23-2009, 04:16 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: Oracus

Vic

Where do you come up with this stuff (LMAO). No...not giving up, getting a game plan that deals with my apparent disability. When you find out one of the reasons you crash so much is vision related...step back and evaluate. I know I fly these things pretty well, but then they're way up and way out...I loose them. Just flew the Corsair, no problems at all but it stays close and low and the color scheme is easy to pick out.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:45 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

Vic

Where do you come up with this stuff (LMAO). No...not giving up, getting a game plan that deals with my apparent disability. When you find out one of the reasons you crash so much is vision related...step back and evaluate. I know I fly these things pretty well, but then they're way up and way out...I loose them. Just flew the Corsair, no problems at all but it stays close and low and the color scheme is easy to pick out.
Hello Vic,

Glad you are feeling better forsure!

I have a question for you after reading your post above. You say that your flying the corsair because it is slower and flies lower? Also you indicate that it is wasy to see in the sky do to its silloette? I have had everyone tell me that the blue on the Corsair makes it VERY hard to see in the sky? Am I being told lies BS. I have wanted a foamy Eflite Corsair since day one. Then the LHS told my they are hard to fly and urged me to get the T-28 for my starter plane, which I LOVE with its white and red colors. Fill me in the blue corsair please!

JPEE
Old 09-23-2009, 05:48 PM
choppersrule

Jim,

I got side tracked Sunday, but I was able to punch in your throttle and pitch curves for normal and idle-up Tuesday.
Looks like a winning combination of numbers. I did have to make some swashplate linkage adjustments. But now all is good to go.
The throttle curve, I'm gonna play with a little bit. I like more head speed. Also, tweek the pitch. Just looking for my comfort zone.

Thanks for the advise on the idle-up,

Dave
Old 09-23-2009, 05:55 PM
choppersrule

Vic,

Sorry about the vision problems, but as usual, you already have a game plan to get things done right. Yep, if ya can't see what your flying, crashing is inevitable. 1 1/2 years without a check-up is a tad to long.

I've got Lengend #1 and # 2 completed.. And I'l reiterate here, that Futaba GY401 gyro is the nut-berries.. No drifting at all.

First priority for you, get the eyes checked out.

Dave
Old 09-23-2009, 06:41 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Vic

Hello Vic,

Glad you are feeling better forsure!

I have a question for you after reading your post above. You say that your flying the corsair because it is slower and flies lower? Also you indicate that it is wasy to see in the sky do to its silloette? I have had everyone tell me that the blue on the Corsair makes it VERY hard to see in the sky? Am I being told lies BS. I have wanted a foamy Eflite Corsair since day one. Then the LHS told my they are hard to fly and urged me to get the T-28 for my starter plane, which I LOVE with its white and red colors. Fill me in the blue corsair please!

JPEE

Dave...eyes fixed first, then we "see" about a new heli (no pun intended).
JPEE....OK, I'll be the first to tell you that I BUILT 5 of these foamie Corsairs, stay away from the Great Planes one....it's trash, had 3 of them. The GWS corsairs are pretty good BUT the one I'm flying now is extensively modified with a ply firewall, .030 plastic runners inside for re-enforcement, etc. If you need details, I will provide them. Like ANYTHING that flys, the setup is the key with proper construction which don't always mean you assemble it the way the directions indicate. Mine flies stable and slow, it has an underpowered brushless motor which I'm gonna buy a bigger one soon, but the 40a ESC and 2200mah 20c combo kicks butt. Propeller is a 9x4, with a bigger motor, I'm thinking 9x5. If you can fly your T-28 and do rolls etc, you can fly this Corsair easily. As far as seeing it, I've flown it on VERY overcast days with no problem. The supplied decals for the upper really help with visability. as you can see by the two pics, if you're looking mostly at the top OR the lower quadrant, it's EASY to keep orientation because of the paint and the silouett of a corsair....no doubt nose up/down/inverted/whatever, it's easy to see even at 300yds, especially on a bright sunny day.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11011.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1280806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83571.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1280807  
Old 09-23-2009, 06:53 PM
JPEE

Vic, thank you thank you for the text and pic's. Thats a lot of information to think about and thank you for the offer of more infor should I need. But what makes the Eflite ParkZone F4U Corsair PNP PKZ4675 so bad? I have atched a pic of Eflite.

Also what is a GWS Corair?

Name:	Qo40556.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1280808  
Old 09-23-2009, 07:18 PM
crashcrash

Vic, thank you thank you for the text and pic's. Thats a lot of information to think about and thank you for the offer of more infor should I need. But what makes the Eflite ParkZone F4U Corsair PNP PKZ4675 so bad? I have atched a pic of Eflite.

Also what is a GWS Corair?

JPEE...I heard nothing but good about the ParkZone Corsair, but check it on "You Tube" before buying. I thought about the ParkZone, but you're restricted to what you can do or install. The GWS, I pick the motor/ESC/servos/etc. I custom built mine with re-enforcements where I KNOW it's weak, and put DUCT TAPE in skidding areas including the leading edges of the wings...keeps it nicer longer. Mine come WHITE, I painted it using water based acrylic from Wal Mart. Nothing wrong with the ParkZone... as I said, if you fly the T-28, you can fly the Corsair. The big thing is, just don't make it go so slow it stalls, the left wing dips, and it drops out of the sky like a brick...and damage occurs. When I land, she's moving pretty good.

GWS Corsair:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...dID=GWSAE0007A

Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 PM
JPEE

Vic,
If I am not mistaken this is a much smaller plane. Here are the stats I see for the plane your recommended

Overview
GWSAE0007A (F4U NPS) THE PARKZONE STATS;

Specs:
Length: 727 mm ( 28.6 in) Length:35 in (889mm)

Wing Span: 901 mm(35.5 in) Wingspan:44 in (1118mm)

Parkzone Specs
Flying Weight:30 oz (850 g)
Motor Size:480-size 960Kv outrunner brushless motor (installed)
Speed Control :E-flite Pro 30A Brushless with Switch-Mode BEC (installed)
Aileron:HIGH: 15mm up/10mm down; LOW: 12mm up/8mm down
Elevator:HIGH: 5mm up/down; LOW: 4mm up/down
Rudder:HIGH: 20mm left/right; LOW: 16mm left/right
Battery:3S 11.1V 1800mAh LiPo (of which I have 16 2150's and 2250's) Vic, no bragging here just a point. I have
worked hard to "think" battery when I buy a new aircraft. My three, 400's and my Trex 500 (2 packs) and my T-28 all use the same packs
as would the Corsair!

For me like you, BIG is better for failing eyes site for an old timer LOL. In fact my eyes are so bad that the guys at the club ask? How you see that plane or heli so far off, its a dot to us? No really Vic, I am blessed with Superman vision and my blended bi-focals, I fly so far off I think I will loose radio contact sometimes. I do however being serious now the difference in sizes. When I fly I'll often take three helis, 400-500-600. Well theres where the bear sh*t in the buckweat so to say. With those sizes each time a tak up the next heli it looks LARGER than life after the one I just flew. So I thinking the Parkzone bigger aircraft is perhaps better for me. But I am un-decided. I still want more insights from you because you have tons of experience.
Thanks for your posting and the infor youv'e shared to this point.
JPEE

Old 09-23-2009, 10:24 PM
crashcrash

Vic,
If I am not mistaken this is a much smaller plane. Here are the stats I see for the plane your recommended

Overview
GWSAE0007A (F4U NPS) THE PARKZONE STATS;

Specs:
Length: 727 mm ( 28.6 in) Length:35 in (889mm)

Wing Span: 901 mm(35.5 in) Wingspan:44 in (1118mm)

Parkzone Specs
Flying Weight:30 oz (850 g)
Motor Size:480-size 960Kv outrunner brushless motor (installed)
Speed Control :E-flite Pro 30A Brushless with Switch-Mode BEC (installed)
Aileron:HIGH: 15mm up/10mm down; LOW: 12mm up/8mm down
Elevator:HIGH: 5mm up/down; LOW: 4mm up/down
Rudder:HIGH: 20mm left/right; LOW: 16mm left/right
Battery:3S 11.1V 1800mAh LiPo (of which I have 16 2150's and 2250's) Vic, no bragging here just a point. I have
worked hard to ''think'' battery when I buy a new aircraft. My three, 400's and my Trex 500 (2 packs) and my T-28 all use the same packs
as would the Corsair!

For me like you, BIG is better for failing eyes site for an old timer LOL. In fact my eyes are so bad that the guys at the club ask? How you see that plane or heli so far off, its a dot to us? No really Vic, I am blessed with Superman vision and my blended bi-focals, I fly so far off I think I will loose radio contact sometimes. I do however being serious now the difference in sizes. When I fly I'll often take three helis, 400-500-600. Well theres where the bear sh*t in the buckweat so to say. With those sizes each time a tak up the next heli it looks LARGER than life after the one I just flew. So I thinking the Parkzone bigger aircraft is perhaps better for me. But I am un-decided. I still want more insights from you because you have tons of experience.
Thanks for your posting and the infor youv'e shared to this point.
JPEE

JPEE...they're both park fliers (so to speak) and YES the ParkZone is a lot bigger. I bought the parkzone corsair cowel thinking it would fit the GWS because I wanted the simulated radial engine look. Well, I ended up cutting the parkzone cowel to get the radial section, and epoxied it into my cowel. In my opinion, I think you'll do fine with the parkzone corsair. Just remember, it likes to stall at slow speeds, so you need to be moving when you land it. I just grease mine in on that skid that looks like a bomb rack in the center of the bottom of the wings. I got main gears for it, but they're no good on grass, even if the grass is really short....so I belly flop mine....none the worse for wear. I have close to 100 flights on mine, it's been in a tree, and a couple hard landings, but you see by the pics, it's holding up well.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:31 AM
JPEE

Vic,

Yes thanks again for more INPUT! I know exactly what your talking about even with my T-28. They told me ahead of time about having it Stall & Fall LOL. They told me to drive that puppy in. I have learned what I can get away with now and have very good landings in the dirt area where we do our big flying. We have picked up the rocks and cleared the brush and the soil is rock-hard so we do real well there. But I also just joind and club and there is an asphalt runway whoo-rah! My buddy also has the T-28 and few weeks ago he hit hard and broke the front landing gear. Se we pulled off all of the wheels and gave it a toss. MAN OH MAN that thing looked like a plane leaving an aircraft carrier. It went out and dropped a bit than shot off like a bullit. It really changes the look of the plane when the wheels and landing gear are not there. Off to one of side the dirt field where the sprinklers run off from the office building next to us there are some weeds. So he just brought it around slow and easy and like you said pulle dup and belly flopped in each tme for the whole day. What surprises me is that the prop finds a place for itself and never never got scraped or tweeked. Do you have the three blade prop or two?
When you have 9 mi and are board here is mt T-28. It is long so Watch the tack off then jump to 7 min and watch the last three, a real surprise for you. This is a copulation of two videos and you will see why.
JPEE
Watch in HQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_iD0dH3v24
Old 09-24-2009, 01:28 PM
erkrystof

Vic,

Sorry to hear about the eyes, but glad you're still taking the courses of action to keep on flying!

-E
Old 09-24-2009, 04:29 PM
crashcrash

Eric...yeah, gotta get the eyes to keep up. I felt eariler this summer, eyes were a factor.
JPEE...I watch the T-28, you gotta love that thing. I'd say get the Corsair from PZ, but start with your dual rates at no higher than 45% on the first few flights till you're used to it, then crank it up. The F-16, MAX I could run the dual rates was about 65%, after that, it got too touchy.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:10 PM
JPEE

Eric...yeah, gotta get the eyes to keep up. I felt eariler this summer, eyes were a factor.
JPEE...I watch the T-28, you gotta love that thing. I'd say get the Corsair from PZ, but start with your dual rates at no higher than 45% on the first few flights till you're used to it, then crank it up. The F-16, MAX I could run the dual rates was about 65%, after that, it got too touchy.
Vic, 10-4 and thanks for your input. Now I have to see one in the flesh up close.

JPEE
Old 09-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

HELLLOOOOO EVERYBODY -

fourth day here in the middle of Brazil < the ONLY entertainment so far <<<<<<( rain rain rain etc - rain ! ) is reading the thread and the missadventures of Msrs: VIC - JPEE - CHOPPERS, etc etc

[]

I did enjoy the movie on the T=28 JPEE you are a RIOT ( and also ONLINE ) as I read this. VIC : what is the matter with your eyesight?
My residency papers continue to be processed but it is a SUPER SLOW ( and continued EXPENDITURES ! ) imagine we had to drive the car to the nearest LARGE city for over one hour and then arrived in the Police Station about 5 minutes before they stopped serving the general public ( at 11:00 am ! ) and that was after almost not finding a place to park the car, and giving some flunky a huge TIP to secure a narrow parking "slot"
in the good ole USA we maybe have deficiencies but I still MISS MY COUNTRY......>I sincerely doubt I will ever come to live here. ?
There is a huge and very important RC field around here somewhere and by bro. has promised me a trip there....sometime
the RAIN needs to stop sometime for the project to jell. I sure hope I can photo some heli action while there.

well ; closing for now because I have nothing interesting (yet) to relate. Just thanking y,all for the good company.
stay WELL
RICK
Old 09-24-2009, 06:47 PM
choppersrule

Rick,

oi meda como é você, I watched JPee's video too, very good. The guy is just crusing around having a ball. Hoping you get to the RC field and get some pictures for us.. The rain in Brazil, well, it just rains every month of the year, hard to get away from Mother Nature. LMAO! And only gets below freezing a couple months of the years. Have fun while you're there and enjoy the family.

Dave
Old 09-24-2009, 07:38 PM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

I'm not new to helis, flew the Dubro Whirlybird when dinosaurs ruled the earth, their Hughes 500, the GMP Competitor, LiteMachines, PiccoZ, Walkers 4#3B, an amazing cx called the V-Max, ans just got the Blade MSR. That last one is INCREDIBLE. Blows the doors off of the Walkera, unstable little &%$#*.

I also got the Blade CP, and was getting it set up with my DX6i TX. I'm following the instructions to the letter but something's not working out. One area of confusion is that they have you plug servos into the aileron and elevator socket of the Rx, but which servo goes where? Even if they DIDN'T bundle the wires so expertly and neatly, WHICH servo is considered the aileron and which the elevator. I'm new to CCPM and I guess that's where I'm completely out of date. Then there's that EXTRA servo in front of the swashplate. I realize that the three are necessary to lift the swashplate for collective and that there's a WHOLE lot of mixing going on, but again, which servo plugs into where?

What's happening is that if you disable the motor, as you have to for setup, you can get it all working fine. But engage the motor and get the rotor spinning, and, NO COLLECTIVE. Cyclic works though.

Maybe I'm not reading the instructions right.

I have to say, a nearly three year thread means that there are a LOT of Blade fans out there. I do know that they have a winner with their MSR. Now I can practice on a real heli in the winter without the simulator. Neat.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:40 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Great video of the ol' plankeroo.... [8D] I see the future of more planes in your hanger ! [8D]

Rick ~

Glad your having a good time... I hope the weather gets better for you, and look forward to any pictures that you can share from that part of the world that I'am unfamiliar with.

Dave ~

Glad to see ya check in... Hope you've been getting some stick time with those new heli's.

Vic ~

Keep crunching on those carrots... You'll get that eagle eye sight back just yet ! But hey, I've always wondered this when it comes to the planks and now I'am going to ask. I hope you or somebody here can tell me the answer. But on some of these planes that you call "belly-landers" how do you keep the prop from not catching on the ground and causing damage ?? I've always wanted to know ? Do you get ready for that landing, and then by a quick visual do you just make sure that the prop is horizontal so it won't catch or what? If so, then it sounds like experience would have to come into play in doing so huh ? Cause I always like the planes in flight with no legs dangling so to speak...

With my Vapors, I cut the landing gear off those and use just a launch and catch type method. It works very well for those little trinkits as they come in so slow anyway, and so reaching out gracefully to grab it is really a no-brainer and I like the look in flight.

Name:	Xv62994.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1281576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20746.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1281577   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv55314.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1281578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk22826.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1281579  
Old 09-24-2009, 07:55 PM
9sec240

ORIGINAL: AndyW

I'm not new to helis, flew the Dubro Whirlybird when dinosaurs ruled the earth, their Hughes 500, the GMP Competitor, LiteMachines, PiccoZ, Walkers 4#3B, an amazing cx called the V-Max, ans just got the Blade MSR. That last one is INCREDIBLE. Blows the doors off of the Walkera, unstable little &%$#*.

I also got the Blade CP, and was getting it set up with my DX6i TX. I'm following the instructions to the letter but something's not working out. One area of confusion is that they have you plug servos into the aileron and elevator socket of the Rx, but which servo goes where? Even if they DIDN'T bundle the wires so expertly and neatly, WHICH servo is considered the aileron and which the elevator. I'm new to CCPM and I guess that's where I'm completely out of date. Then there's that EXTRA servo in front of the swashplate. I realize that the three are necessary to lift the swashplate for collective and that there's a WHOLE lot of mixing going on, but again, which servo plugs into where?

What's happening is that if you disable the motor, as you have to for setup, you can get it all working fine. But engage the motor and get the rotor spinning, and, NO COLLECTIVE. Cyclic works though.

I have to say, a nearly three year thread means that there are a LOT of Blade fans out there. I do know that they have a winner with their MSR. Now I can practice on a real heli in the winter without the simulator. Neat.
Andy, the single servo in the front is the ELE servo. The two in the back are AIL and PITCH. Either of the two back servos can be plugged into AIL and the other into AUX1.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Oracus

Its been awhile since I had a BPP but I remember right, the servo in the front is the elevator, the the left and right are the aileron, and pitch. If after you get all hooked up(with motor disc) test out settings and if the left and right controls are backwards switch the pit and ail servos
Old 09-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Oracus

I have to say, a nearly three year thread means that there are a LOT of Blade fans out there. I do know that they have a winner with their MSR.
Well with that last statement youll get alot of different opinion here on his thread. Most of us had a Blade cp at one time or still do but most of us have moved on to bigger and better heli's. #1 reason this thread is so big and lasted so long is we are all good friends here. So feel free to ask all the ?'s you need someone here knows the answer.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:25 PM
choppersrule

AndyW,

Yep, a three year old thread. Alot of great guys here. Join the "BOBS"

Quick questions for ya. In your DX6i Transmitter, what are your settings for "Swash Mix"? That's critical. Also, your pitch curves and throttle curves. Did ya go into Idle-up per chance?? All the information that you can give us, will help us solve your problem.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.