Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:40 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Mark,

I use the grommets and brass pieces on all my servos in the Velocity and 600. The way I think is it can't hurt to put them on the 600 even though there isn't that much vibration. With the CF part linking both servo screws together helps prevent the servo from flexing with the dampners. I didn't notice a difference between dampners and no dampners on my 600.

Guys,

I found out I need a new A-arm control spindle on my Velocity. I removed the set screws too much, so it tightens in a bad spot that doesn't make everything level anymore. Least it is pretty cheap.

Nick
Old 02-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

And in stock too I hope Nick.

Thanks for your reply...I did a bit of looking at the Align manuals for the 450Pro, 500ESP, 550, 600E&N, and 700E and the only ones that show the rubber grommets are the manuals for the 550 and 700E. I suppose that Align did some research on the issues with the 450 Pro servo's having a high failure rate and decided to now include the rubber grommets and brass eyelets in their manuals since most of their servo's are now digital rather than analog. Glad to hear with your skill of flying you didn't notice a difference in having them on verses off.

Finally getting to build tonight...but first going to install the rubber grommets and eyelets on those servo's.

John...we did not get snow...we better not ever get snow down here!! Sorry for the confusion.

Mark
Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 PM
JPEE

Mark,

I checked both my 500-600 for the brass dampners. I used them only on the 500 Elevator! I am not sure why but I can remember but Finless making a

big deal of not letting your servos slip up and down in the frame pockets and throwing everything out of wack. I guess I had trouble with that one and I

used them. I do remember they were to long! and I had to Dremel them to a shorter length.

I now know why I crashed in the alley and perhaps why the heli went down out at the Club Field at the begining of this journey. Today I made my re maiden

at the field after replacing the main gear from the back alley accident. So I flew my first pack nice and easy. Then on the second pack I felt better and got

some altitude and was dead ready for anything the heli could throw at me. I flipped idle-up and she started doing counter clockwise 360's at a fast rate!. I

snapped the switch back down to "normal mode" and the tail just kept going round and round but slowing down, but loose as a goose, no hold what so ever.

Meanwhile I am holding this puppy up and level. I landed and checked the heli. I could find nothing so...........I brought the idle-up mode down to 50% throttle

at its low point. I took normal mode curve and set it at 50% at mid throttle. Then I took off again and when I made the switch she started 360s again so I

landed for the second time. Then I countered the rotation with all of the trim I could and went up again. Same thing, out of control and spinning so I packed

it up. What it felt like was NO GYRO in idle-up.

I came home and thought and thought, WHAT THE ***. I set Idle-up at a liner curve and took off in normal and then made my switch over at the very exact

same curve and she started spining very slow. That told me I had no gyro in idle-up, but why?? I started going though my radio and found two setting had changed.

In both idle-ups the designation had changed from 0 to 1. 1 is below 50% for rate mode. I changed all three positions back to 0 HH mode and problem solved.

Honestly I did a little more than what I typed here but you've got the idea, this thing ran me ragged. I thank my lucks stars I don't give up! Never say DIE...........

Taco sauce........Mark your a funny guy LOL

Nick, glad to hear you've got the Velocity out of moth balls.

John
Old 03-01-2011, 03:14 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you figured out your tail problem.

I fired up my engine today. It sounds good. It sounds like it has a lot of power with the cold air. It idles at pretty much no throttle.

My heli funds just got a little less. There is still a problem with the balancer in my hyperion charger. It is reading 1V less than it is. I ended up getting a new 550W 14S Hyperion charger.

Nick
Old 03-01-2011, 03:50 PM
JPEE

Nick I am on my phone so I will brief. That great news on the motor starting up and sounding good too. Have fun with the new charger too. Sounds like. Great day for you!

John
Old 03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Still on the phone...phoning home?

That is crazy about the setting in your DX7...I didn't know you could adjust for the different throttle settings (ie. norm, idle1, idle2)...learned something today. Did you get the chance to do a test hover/flight in idle1 yet?

Nick,

That's the way to deal with problematic electronics...replace them with upgrades. Enjoy your new Hyperion charger...what new goodies does it have?!

Glenn,

How was your weekend...did it warm up a bit for you?

Well guys, I put the grommets on the servo's and while going over everything I noticed I had installed the tail grips backwards...it has a hexagonal indent to hold the nut and for some reason I had that facing out (must have been tired that night of the build ), so did a flip and now thats taken care of. Another thing I found is the ESC wires to the battery are a bit short...seems the Zippy line of batteries use shorter wires then the Turnigy line...still trying to figure what to do about that.

Other than that still waiting for my swash leveler...

Mark
Old 03-01-2011, 07:32 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

This is the charger that I got. http://www.helidirect.com/hyperion-e...0w-p-21788.hdx

I also made an adaptor today to put two 12V 7Ah starter batteries in parallel. It made starting my engine in the cold a little easier.

Nick
Old 03-01-2011, 07:46 PM
JPEE

Nick,

A very sweet charger indeed!

Mark,

Yep, to night I flew in idels up and no problems.

Good luck on the build and.........watch your NUTS.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:25 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I'm back after a little down time...

Monday was a bad day....had not one, but two computer failures, one at work, and a catastrophic one here on my home PC...[&o]

The one at work, an older Win XP machine, had been acting up in a strange way a couple of weeks ago...weirdest thing, it would just shut down, no warning, in the middle of whatever...totally random...and it was strange, because it didn't just go blank; it actually did the shut down sequence just like you had logged off the normal way...

I googled it, and some people said maybe power supply, maybe RAM, or even an O.S. problem....so I went for the power supply since I had a spare here. I replaced it, and all was good, for at least a week...I was quite proud and happy!

Well...on Monday, things changed..it did it again, and this time I could dupicate it over and over...if I used Google Earth, it would shut down after about a minute or two of satellite viewing...so I thought maybe it's got a bad RAM stick or something...so I ran a check, and was surprised that it only had 512 MB of RAM, I thought it had at least 1GB...so I went ahead and bought an up grade kit to 2GB, RAM is pretty cheap these days compared to even a couple of years ago...

I went to install it, and just by chance, while I was poking around in there, that the video card heat sink was HOT...I mean hot enough to burn my finger...and the fan was real stiff, and had not been running...thus overheating badly. I took the video card out, and just used the on-board video on the motherboard, and it's fixed...I could no longer duplicate it...so go figure, an overheating video card causes a whole system shut down...who knew?

THEN, just when I took a sigh of relief....I came home, and decided to do a system update on the HP computer that I bought about a year and a half ago....there is a service pack to Windows 7 out now...it's basically a bunch of security updates...so, I started that running, it's supposed to take about half hour or so...I came back, and the icons and stuff were huge, and all fuzzy, and it said something about reloading video card drivers...and a restart...well, that was it...no more Windows 7, no more PC...total system crash!![X(]

Previous to this, since about December, I guess the writing might have been on the wall...it runs weekly backups to an external hard drive, and about then it gave me some error messages about files on drive "C" are corrupted...so that may have been the start of all of this..

I tried everything I know to restore it, including going back to previous restore points, starting in safe mode, and finally gave in to a complete system restore (aka clean wipe of the hard drive)...and it still would not start windows...

I bought a new hard drive last night, and I've been rebuilding ever since, and still have a LONG ways to go....

At least the backup saved my iTunes music, phone apps, pictures, videos, and all that stuff...but most of the programs are history, including Phoenix...so I have a lot of rebuilding yet to go...

Phoenix is a royal PITA, because my version is so old...I have to start at like version 1.04 or somthing, and work my way up....it takes hours and hours...all online downloading the files...

All is not lost however...a yearly refresh is always good!! Plus, I finally got the opportunity to swap my killer video card and power supply into this PC, which was in the older HP....Phoenix runs amazing with that card, full tilt on all the graphics, it looks like you are at the field for real...

So, that's where I've been....

Nick,

Cool on the new charger, and the nice running YS in the Velocity...

Mark,

Sounds like you are getting close there...glad ya caught that tail grip issue when you did!

JPEE,

Glad you nailed the 500's happy tail issue, sound like one of those headache inducing heli problems!! I'm not sure which is worse, heli headaches, or PC headaches....lol...

Well, back to the restoration project.....

Glenn
Old 03-02-2011, 06:13 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

Sorry to hear about your tails of PC nightmares. You should be darned proud of yourself for as deep as you have gone inside and reworking your computer, not many of us would make an attempt like that! Now I know why you

have not answered my several Skype texts........... I thought you were kissing me off or something LOL.

I have my own FORD nightmares and as a mechanic you more than anyone will be able to understand where I am coming from. In the last week! we lost transmission in our 2006 Ford Fusion with 28K miles and my 2005 Ford F-350

with 38K miles lost it's fuel injector computerized module that tells how much fuel should be delived to each cyclinder.

The trucks warranty was 36-36 so it's warranty is gone! ! The bill for the repairs was $1,270.00 BARRF [] However, my service writer is a great guy and always works with us. He said "oops", looks like this falls under the SMOG

equipment so under government rules we have like 80K milage warrenty here so the work was FREE!

So we picked up the truck and dropped of the Fusion sedan. He called us the next day and said no jokes now, the shifting modulator is gone! The replacement cost will be $2,300.00 on a car with 28K driven by my wife a 60+

senior citizen. I went throught the roof. Once I calmed down my service writer gave me a FORD phone number back east to call and ask for "assistance" BECAUSE there had been a bulliten published on this trans issue long

ago BUT it was not a recall. Also the next model year they extended the warranty from 36-36 to 60-60 OUCH for me hey. So back on track here, I called back east and was very polite with the Ford rep while bitting my tongue

and choking on the blood! He said he understood my concern and for the most part agreed that I should get some support form Ford. So then it goes in the anals of Ford for consideration. Three days later the dealer calls us

and says, Ford will pay 1/3, the dealership will pay 1/3, and you/"me" will pay 1/3. So the cost to me $766.00. After this we have vowed not drive our vehicles any more, we shall walk or take the bus so as to keep our truck

and car in good working condition. Remember Ford did not take government money, they didnt have to, they are making it up in the shop lol. For real, we are very very pleased with Ford and especially our service writer who

has a lot of input with the other two concerns. So as of tonight we are back on the road.

Helicopter woe'sMy 450 lost a small screw out of the head and it's bearing in one of the arms. This is an HK 450 Pro head. I found the bearing but not screw. The screws head is like 1 mm or less and they LHS

kept trying to get one out to match and measure until they gave up as they did nto have a driver for that size screw. So as any bright guy would do I stopped at HFrieght on the way home and looked at a set of mm Allens

but that was $8.00, no way will I pay that. So I can home and looked around and found some very small Allens and tried them with no success. So now JPEE is on the war path. I get out my jewelers goggles and low and behold

I found that screw is a Torx, not allen! So it's back to HFrieght and see what I can find.

Will my living (rhymes with "BELL") ever be over?

So how's them bananas boys.......... You guys thought you had problems HUH!

John
Old 03-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Aframomum

Glenn and John,

You guys are both having horrible days...computer and cars. []

Glenn,

Hope you have been able to get your computer rebooting windows...didn't know if you had an older version of XP or something, maybe Win7 is just too complicated an OS for your older computer...just throwing out guesses?

Did the new HD do the trick? I've only had to 'start from scratch' so to speak once by completely formating the HD and do feel for you...it is not a fun procedure putting everything back on...time consuming to say the least. I learned from that to make a list (on paper - that doesn't seem to get easily corrupted...but can get lost ) of what programs I downloaded and their website just in case I ever need to go through that again.

If you need to...take a break, watch a movie or something in between the online reloads...it'll still be there when you come back.

John,

Your situation really got me burning...the amount they want you to pay is enough to buy Glenn a new computer!! [:@]

You got lucky with the truck...but what in the heck is a shifting modulator, is this on an auto tranny? You know...these days you do not expect anything to go wrong with a car (forgive me Glenn..maybe a naive consumer) until at least 100K miles. But with all the computerized sophistocation put into cars I suppose they do have glitches/malfunctions just like any other computer device...but my gosh is that insane. And what guarentees do you have after the new part is installed that another 28K miles the same thing doesn't happen again?

John...did some quick searching around and found a discussion forum specifically for Ford Fusion owners...you may want to check it out. [link=http://www.fordfusionforum.com/]Link[/link] Maybe others have had the same or similar situations.

Wish you luck on finding that darn missing screw...no pun intended - maybe.

To answer your question...I'd much rather have heli issues then to have to deal with any kind of computer issue.

I think both of you guys need a strong drink!

Mark
Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry about all your computer problems.

John,

Sorry about your car problems.

Nick
Old 03-03-2011, 10:34 AM
JPEE

Mark,

Thanks for the link. I would have never dreamed to look up a Forum for this kinda stuff, Thanks again!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Aframomum

John...whenever I have to do any repairs to my Saturn I always check with Saturnfans.com for any tips/tricks that someone else may have...definitely is a valuable source. Hope you can find something of use at the Fusion site.

Glenn,

I heard your going to be spraying cars for spiders soon.

Mark
Old 03-03-2011, 02:30 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark,

Today I had time to go deeper into your provided link. To see all information you have to join and acquire a log-in and password. It did let me travel around and snoop. I will sign into that link as well as one for the F-350 Diesel so I can have a quick reference for both of my vehicles. Thanks for turning on my lights

EDIT UPDATE: 4:25 p.m.

My 600 just arrived! Yippeeeee. This heli was wrapped for shipment like nothing I have ever seen in my life. Greg, (seller) must have worked in a factory in Hong Kong at one time LOL. You can do well on the heli classifieds if you know what your doing WHICH I did not when I started this journey. I have learned tons and tons on how to check guys out, a report card if you will. I have now purchased, a Fatuba 611, this 600, AR7000 rx, 100 amp ESC and more. I have had little stalls but no real problems at all. Here's a sneak and his packing and the unpacked heli for me to start on soon I hope.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	nl28340.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1572728   Click image for larger version

Name:	zu64413.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1572729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21710.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1572730  
Old 03-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Aframomum

John,

Congrats on getting the 600 - definitely a good heli guy to pack so well. And more importantly...do I see KBDD tail blades, horizontal/vertical fin, and landing skids - all orange?! NICE. The blue/white canopy...is that some type of bird/raven or is it blue flames...looks good either way.

Now there will be hells bells to pay if you finish yours before I finish my 550.

Mark

Old 03-03-2011, 06:31 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark,

Thank's, there is a bit of KBDD equipment it appears in this heli. It will reallt make it stand out. I have't had to check out that canopy but I will let you know what the heck it is.

Oh Mark.... Hells Bells man, don't you know you'll be in air farrrrrrrr before this 600 goes up.. lol

John
Old 03-03-2011, 08:43 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, I'm getting closer now, can see the light at the end of the tunnel...but I still couldn't stop thinking about how cool a new Solid State Hard Drive would be...and figured (deeply rationalizing...) that SINCE I do have this thing basically stripped down to the bare bones...well...why not?
lol...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820167035

This should be quite cool...I have learned from my Macbook Air how fast SSD's are, and I can't imagine it in a powerful desktop PC...they say that programs open the instant you click them... We'll see, it gets here tomorrow...it may put a dent in my heli funds, but I think I'll enjoy it for some time to come...

Mark, I got this PC new right after my hernia surgery in October 2009, so it's not terribly old...it's quite a rig, and has been performing quite well up until now. I can't blame HP so much as the HDD manufacturer, Seagate, which used to be highly regarded, but not so much anymore...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9270f&x=8&y=30

It's already obsolete......but if you know PC specs, it's a pretty impressive machine... It should last me a very long time, it will be some time before I need anything any faster than this thing..

Oh, and yes, I have met one of the now famous yellow spiders face to face last week...we have known about this issue for a bit now, have had a couple of split gas tank seams...the spider actually crawled out of the web infested evaporative valve to see me!

Strange as it may seem, it's not the first spider issue we've had....back in 1998 we had very similar problems, but it was not as critical, just turned the check engine light on....no leaking fuel tanks...

JPEE,

Sounds like Ford did you pretty well...a lot of times they won't offer any assistance, sounds like you have a good service department there....shame you had the issues in the first place...but cars being mechanical things, they do sometimes have early failures, a lot like my relatively low hours hard drive that just went up....

Glad Mark got you steered into the forums....just like us here, there are forums for just about anything you could want to know about!

The 600 looks nice! Seems that guy has had some experience with packing...and it does make a difference in items arriving in good condition vs damage..

Good to hear you have had all positive experiences with your purchased items...

Nick,

Hope school and the new PC are going well...I'm sure you are keeping busy with both...

I can't wait to try out this new Solid State Drive...was reading it uses NAND memory, maybe you have studied that a bit? All I know is that it's basically flash memory....and it's interesting that it can actually "wear out" over time....Windows 7 has a little program for SSD's called "TRIM" which moves data around to different parts of the drive, sort of spreading the load over the entire thing, rather than keep re-using the same memory...kinda interesting...

Sopranos time....need a rest!

Glenn
Old 03-03-2011, 09:47 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is good your 600 came and that it was packaged really good.

Glenn,

School is going good. I finally caught up on my homework except a big progamming project. This programming class has sure paid off. I have learned to make my code easier to read and some of the math algorithms like how to calculate the value of sine, which I can use in my battery management system. I started converting some of the code in that class to code that I could use in my personal projects.

I haven't heard of NAND memory. I wonder if it uses NAND gates.

Nick
Old 03-04-2011, 07:28 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like you are doing very well in school, I know it's tough....but keep at it...and sounds lke you get to have some fun on your own projects by applying what you learn

Here's all you ever wanted to know about NAND memory...lol..

NAND flashNAND flash also uses floating-gate transistors, but they are connected in a way that resembles a NAND gate: several transistors are connected in series, and only if all word lines are pulled high (above the transistors' VT) is the bit line pulled low. These groups are then connected via some additional transistors to a NOR-style bit line array.

To read, most of the word lines are pulled up above the VT of a programmed bit, while one of them is pulled up to just over the VT of an erased bit. The series group will conduct (and pull the bit line low) if the selected bit has not been programmed.

Despite the additional transistors, the reduction in ground wires and bit lines allows a denser layout and greater storage capacity per chip. In addition, NAND flash is typically permitted to contain a certain number of faults (NOR flash, as is used for a BIOS ROM, is expected to be fault-free). Manufacturers try to maximize the amount of usable storage by shrinking the size of the transistor below the size where they can be made reliably, to the size where further reductions would increase the number of faults faster than it would increase the total storage available.

NAND flash uses tunnel injection for writing and tunnel release for erasing. NAND flash memory forms the core of the removable USB storage devices known as USB flash drives, as well as most memory card formats and solid-state drives available today.

Glenn
Old 03-04-2011, 08:24 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I just realized that JPEE and Nick might not have a clue what Mark and I were mentioning about spiders...lol....

http://www.canada.com/business/story.html?id=4383864

Strange, but true...

Glenn
Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is weird the spiders are only targeting Mazda6's. I have never heard of anything like that before.

Have fun with the new hard drive.

Nick
Old 03-04-2011, 09:36 AM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Thanks for the link but that matter is big out here and there hase been quite spoken about it on the TV News . Go figure?

I have to work my butt of today and see if I can the 600-2 RTF by days end so I can beat Mark in the air............. Mark, just kidding LMAO

John
Old 03-06-2011, 04:44 AM
Aframomum

I have to work my butt of today and see if I can the 600-2 RTF by days end so I can beat Mark in the air............. Mark, just kidding LMAO
Oh...we have a comedian on board...lol. Guess who's swash leveler finally came in the mail yesterday??!

Mark
Old 03-06-2011, 02:21 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

Oh...we have a comedian on board...lol. Guess who's swash leveler finally came in the mail yesterday??!

Mark
OH CRAP MARK................! I'll never catch up with you now! ! !

Hey Guys,

I have some great info we can all build from. Forgive me if I am repeating myself here, this has been a journey. The 611 gyro has only (1) compatable servo, the 9256. The servo gets

hot while in flight so thats why the middle section of the case is made of metal with very small fins to help cool the servo off. Since I tore the mounting ears off of my Futaba S9256 I

have not been able to find just a replacement used case and I am not paying $62.00 for an empty case. So I put up a post asking if anyone knew of a clone servo that met the same

specs as the 9256. Guess what? I got a reply from a guy that has one in use! The replacement is a OF COURSE a Turnigy BLS980. It costs plus shipping $76.00 verses a 9256 at

$119.00 plus tax. Heres the poop on HK servo.

Compatible with Super Narrow Pulse (760µs) drive.

Suitable Gyros: Spartan DS760, Spartan Quark, Futaba GY611, GY601, GY520, ALIGN GP700, GP750, Mikado V-Bar Tail, CSM SL720, Curtis Youngblood Mini-G, Solid G,

Thunder Tiger TG-7000

I also bought a new HK CF main frame for $60.00 plus shipping for my totaled 600. Just frames here in G10 or FG were $35.00 and more PER side, plus all of the bottom and trays

plus tax.

More good news, another guy is searching his junk pile for either a working or not 9256 for the other 600. The last and only other thing I need are 3 cyclics for my 600 camera ship

so I am on the lookout for some. Mid grade stuff for that useage, I don't need Hitecs like in my main ship.

I flew 6 packs yesterday with my 450 and 500 and both flew well. I also flew 3 buddy box packs with my noob, stresssssful. He can do loose and kind sloppy fig 8s but he does them.

What he is stuck on is trying to fly out and come around and do a hotizontal circle. When the heli goes out and starts that turn coming back at him he chokes. But he

is going a little further each time we try. Once he passes this wall he will be un-stoppable, I know he can do it too.

Sorry you guys are getting beaten up by bad weather again......... man this is just crazy. Glenn good luck with your computer rebuild. SWASH LEVELER, you just had to let it arrive to

through me off! Mark you broke my MOJO! I hope you get your 550 up real soon

JPEE is on the side
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44383.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1574344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60229.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1574345  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.