Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

YS DZ200cdi

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 04:12 PM
MAVROS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drac1
Hey Claude,

I only use the Hatori #178 O ring. I've found this one lasts much longer than other brands I've tried.

I have 119 flights on mine now and it's running great. I have had one problem that has reoccured twice, but hopefully I've got that sorted now.

Have you any idea what area the oil is coming from? Like which part of the engine has oil on it?

Scott
I use the HATORI O ring as well but what I found is that the positioning of the muffler onto the Header is very important.
You must have the muffler at the same height as the Header and they have to be parallel to each other otherwise you will create a stress point on the O ring and over time with the movement of the engine the O ring will deteriorate at the stress point and oil leakage will occur

Hope this helps
Old 03-24-2018, 04:40 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MAVROS
I use the HATORI O ring as well but what I found is that the positioning of the muffler onto the Header is very important.
You must have the muffler at the same height as the Header and they have to be parallel to each other otherwise you will create a stress point on the O ring and over time with the movement of the engine the O ring will deteriorate at the stress point and oil leakage will occur

Hope this helps
Yep, I always set the header and muffler inline/parallel.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:09 AM
papaone

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

Hello

I did not find Hatori O ring in France.
So I received this YS muffler O ring W0025 and I will try next week.
Claude
Old 04-14-2018, 09:34 AM
UKpatternflyer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a new DZ200 CDi and I cannot get fuel flow through the injector. I also have a DZ185 replacement head assembly with this new type of injector in it, and that won't allow fuel to flow through it either. Has anyone else experienced this or am I missing something?
Thanks

Keith
Old 04-30-2018, 04:05 AM
drac1

Originally Posted by UKpatternflyer
I have a new DZ200 CDi and I cannot get fuel flow through the injector. I also have a DZ185 replacement head assembly with this new type of injector in it, and that won't allow fuel to flow through it either. Has anyone else experienced this or am I missing something?
Thanks

Keith
I haven't had any problems with fuel flow Keith.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:19 AM
MAVROS

Gday Keith,

Try disconecting the tube from the injector and turn the engine until fuel come out and then put back on.......
Old 05-01-2018, 01:20 PM
UKpatternflyer

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. My Yamada sorted it out in an email. In fact if I'd read the instruction manual for the 200 CDi, it would have told me.

When I replaced the head on my 185, it came with the new injector. However when I set it all up to run I used the original thick walled silicone from needle valve to injector. The new one way valve relies on the fuel tube flexing under pump pressure, thereby allowing fuel to flow between the inside of the fuel tube and the outside of the nipple before reaching the small hole that's drilled across the diameter of the nipple a few mm back. That's why the "normal" orifice to the nipple is blocked. The solution is to do as YS say and use thin walled silicone which allows enough flex at the nipple to allow the fuel to flow in this manner. And it says this in the manual as well!

I didn't run the 200 after seeing the issue with the 185 head, thinking the new injector valve was somehow faulty... how did I check this.... I took a long length of thick walled tube and connected to the injector and found I couldn't blow through it!

Both engines running great now.

Thanks

Keith
Old 05-01-2018, 01:34 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by UKpatternflyer
Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. My Yamada sorted it out in an email. In fact if I'd read the instruction manual for the 200 CDi, it would have told me.

When I replaced the head on my 185, it came with the new injector. However when I set it all up to run I used the original thick walled silicone from needle valve to injector. The new one way valve relies on the fuel tube flexing under pump pressure, thereby allowing fuel to flow between the inside of the fuel tube and the outside of the nipple before reaching the small hole that's drilled across the diameter of the nipple a few mm back. That's why the "normal" orifice to the nipple is blocked. The solution is to do as YS say and use thin walled silicone which allows enough flex at the nipple to allow the fuel to flow in this manner. And it says this in the manual as well!

I didn't run the 200 after seeing the issue with the 185 head, thinking the new injector valve was somehow faulty... how did I check this.... I took a long length of thick walled tube and connected to the injector and found I couldn't blow through it!

Both engines running great now.

Thanks

Keith
Hey Keith,

If all else fails, read the instructions Lol.

I ordered some stuff from Yamada, so I got some of the injector fuel tube at the same time.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:37 PM
MAVROS

YEP I am the same.....I wait until I exhaust all possibilities and only then I read the instructions.
I know then that it will work he he he......

Old 05-02-2018, 12:47 AM
UKpatternflyer

Old 05-08-2018, 10:38 PM
papaone

Hello Happy yamadiste

About 20 flights (13 mn per flight) with YS muffler Oring and no leak.
Very happy with.
Claude

Last edited by papaone; 05-08-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:59 AM
papaone

Hello Scott

Which Nishioka did you installed 23 mm, 27 or 37 mm ?
Nishioka - SMAC MODELISME
Claude
Old 06-24-2018, 04:13 AM
drac1

Originally Posted by papaone

Hello Scott

Which Nishioka did you installed 23 mm, 27 or 37 mm ?
Nishioka - SMAC MODELISME
Claude
Hey Claude,

It's actually the 20mm one. In hindsight, I should have used the 29mm one and not added the spacer.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:39 AM
papaone

Hello Scott

Thanks I'm going to order one
same as Christophe
Claude
Old 06-24-2018, 04:46 AM
drac1

Update on my 200cdi.

The engine has done 183 flights. So with the rear bearing copping a lot now and prior bearing failures at 120 - 150 flights, it was time for a rebuild.

Surprisingly, the rear bearing wasn't too bad. There was no roughness when turning it and it still looked pretty good. The only thing I can think of for the lack of wear, is the Rapicon fuel I'm now using. Must be good oil in it. The front bearing is usually in good condition, but this one was a little rough though.
The plug is the original too. 183 flights, so pretty happy with that.

Front and rear bearings and all gaskets and O rings were replaced. I didn't replace the cam bearings. The ring was OK too, so left that in for another go. Even though the plug was still working fine, I replaced it as a matter of course.

It's back in the Xareltoo now, ready to go when the weather is favourable.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:54 AM
papaone

Hello Scott
Very informative, but what is the duration of flight to compare with my engines ?
claude
Old 06-24-2018, 05:09 AM
drac1

Originally Posted by papaone
Hello Scott
Very informative, but what is the duration of flight to compare with my engines ?
claude
I count one schedule as a flight, so around 8 minutes per flight.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:18 PM
kobi

Hello
What are your suggestion To remove
the cap plug from the plug ?
It's really hard to dismantle them
thanks
Kobi
Old 06-24-2018, 11:25 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by kobi
Hello
What are your suggestion To remove
the cap plug from the plug ?
It's really hard to dismantle them
thanks
Kobi
Hi Kobi,

I use a flat blade screw driver under the cap and twist, while wriggling the cap at the same time.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:41 AM
kobi

Thanks Scott
Old 06-27-2018, 05:43 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Update on my 200cdi.

The engine has done 183 flights. So with the rear bearing copping a lot now and prior bearing failures at 120 - 150 flights, it was time for a rebuild.

Surprisingly, the rear bearing wasn't too bad. There was no roughness when turning it and it still looked pretty good. The only thing I can think of for the lack of wear, is the Rapicon fuel I'm now using. Must be good oil in it. The front bearing is usually in good condition, but this one was a little rough though.
The plug is the original too. 183 flights, so pretty happy with that.

Front and rear bearings and all gaskets and O rings were replaced. I didn't replace the cam bearings. The ring was OK too, so left that in for another go. Even though the plug was still working fine, I replaced it as a matter of course.

It's back in the Xareltoo now, ready to go when the weather is favourable.

Hi Scott,

which Rapicon are you using?

regards

Old 06-27-2018, 06:15 AM
drac1

Originally Posted by apereira

Hi Scott,

which Rapicon are you using?

regards

Hey Alejandro,

This one.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:25 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh, that explains, I am using 30% heli and it's ok but not that good compared to CoolPower.

I will have to contact the dealer in Spain I guess, but being the only one. How do you get it?

Best regards
Old 06-27-2018, 06:47 AM
drac1

Originally Posted by apereira
Oh, that explains, I am using 30% heli and it's ok but not that good compared to CoolPower.

I will have to contact the dealer in Spain I guess, but being the only one. How do you get it?

Best regards
There is no dealer in Australia. I imported directly from Rapicon in South Korea.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:11 AM
papaone

Hello Scott
Hey Claude,
It's actually the 20mm one. In hindsight, I should have used the 29mm one and not added the spacer.
I installed 37 mm Nishioka. It fit well
Claude

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.