Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HL preventing Tamiya from launching new Release

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL preventing Tamiya from launching new Release

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 08:27 PM
tesujin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HL preventing Tamiya from launching new Release

ORIGINAL: kenneth74

i am so so amazed with your "analogy"[X(][:-]

maybe you should think harder

Forgot to add,

while most are singing praises for HL, let's just keep in mind that HL exist becoz Tamiya's RC tank line exist. If it gets to the point that Tamiya finally abandon this line; let's see what "New" Releases HL can put out, coz now they have nothing to copy, most likely they will just scout out the old bandai line or even some obscure big scale kit to copy. It may really start something new if it garnered a huge profit from selling all these bootlegs; End result Tamiya RC tanks will be history...

Actually come to think of it, the Tamiya big tank series is never meant to be a profit spinner. Big T is just affirming its place as the industrial leader by introducing this range. A technology showcase in short(i think everyone agrees here that the first sight of the Tiger I in action is beyond words) . Think if it breaks even or mild loss, it will still continue. But if it spindles into huge losses due to all these bootlegs, then it might just pull the plug, even if Mr Tamiya has a personal feeling for this range (which i suspect); Really bad scenario: it makes the tanks, gets copied, and everyone sings praises of this copycat, lose money and still get criticized for selling expensive....just plain dumb...

Ultimately this is just a hobby, its profit is peanuts compared to Softwares, automobiles and such, so there is little sense for security features to prevent copycats...it just ends...

Old 08-16-2006, 08:30 PM
tesujin

hey templar, we are all missing on his points. so which hl should we get next. oh no its piracy will i be caught and put to jail because i bought a hl tiger.

ORIGINAL: Templars83

Interesting that you feel we are all missing the point because we generally disagree with you and offer up specific reasons as to why we generally disagree with you. But by all means, continue to enlighten us more.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:33 PM
tesujin

bravo point. Tam copied real life tanks and make money out of it, so is that considered piracy? hmmm wonders.

ORIGINAL: outcastrc

I don't understand all this cloning nonsence.

Tamiya just copied the real tank. Maybe even someones work back then who knows. We are talking about a tank that if everyone copied perfectly would all be the same accross the board. When I see pics of HL and T there are noticable differences. So they did not copy Tamiya. Everyone that makes a tank in 1/16th that T has already made is going to have people screaming.

Do HL have actual tooling marks carried over from Tamiya molds? Did someone actually see HL take apart a Tamiya and make molds off the parts? Not slamming anyone, just curious why everyone assumes that HL did it. I would like to see a blow by blow explanation why HL copied the Tamiya. Cause if they didn't make molds off T's parts then the whole things mute... Had they done so I would think we'd see an exact dupe and they aren't even close. And I know there are plenty of companies that make 100% dupes of RC's so the whole they changed it doesn't really wash. I am just trying to understand if there are any facts behind peoples reasoning.

Back off topic. T releasing the hilift is just copying the work that 1000's of us have done already. They just "stole" our ideas and are releasing a new truck. But I don't hear anyone complaining about it. Everyone is raving that there are more options.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:00 PM
tesujin

false advertising doesnt mean copies, i think you got it mix up

oh if hl went and do their own recording and put it into their tank, they would still be labelled as copycats or pirates. anyway you already mentioned that its a engine noise, so how could it be stolen. nobody likes to steal "noise"

[:-]

ORIGINAL: TANKDUEL

Of course they are copies, you only need look at the wording on the boxes of the 'first generation' henlongs , they describe functions of Tamiya tanks which the advertised product itself did not actually have, that was totally false advertising. And of course they used the engine noise stolen from the Tamiya Sherman and used it on the Tiger etc. Why?
Kenneth, as an owner of both Tamiya and Henlong products I fully support all your well argued points that only a Tamiya owner can fully appreciate.
Neville
Old 08-16-2006, 09:10 PM
tesujin

why do we have to reinvent the wheels. does it mean that by reinventing the wheels we are all wiser and smarter, i dont think so. so does that mean that all tyres production plant have to close down because they didnt reinvent the wheel but copied it and sell. thats blatant piracy dont you think so???? does it mean that toyota copied humvee????

cheaper battle system thats compatible with T's battle unit is in a matter of time. no worries.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Riff-Raff

Here is something to ponder! What if HenLong is a secret division of Tamiya? Instead of degrading their reputation for quality tank by offering an cheaper version with the Tamiya name, why not spin off and start a HL division and name it that way. Maybe that's why the won't lower their prices. If they are making money on both fronts that would be excellent thinking. Just like the auto companies. Toyota & Lexus; GMC, Chevy and some others. One version is dedicated to the highest quality while the other is dedicated to affordability.

Maybe this is a far fetched senario, but I could believe it. After all, it business and everyone gets what they want.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:26 PM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't the HL Tiger tank commander a copy of the Tamiya figure? So you telling me they copied the figure and packaging, but nothing else?

Run what you want, how you want. Being cheaper of more expensive does not make something better. You are never going to convince a BMW driver to get a KIA, yet they can both get you where you are going......

Most people who buy a HL probably would not have bought a Tamiya anyway. If some of them get really into the hobby and move on to a Tamiya .. or two... or three..... then great.

I wish the threads on how to work on the tanks were as long as this one....
Old 08-16-2006, 09:28 PM
tomzag
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

You do not have to reivent the wheel. but you have to give inventor credit and reward. otherwise the society will not have incentive to make new invention.
you can produce another 1/16 tiger1 no problem. but scan tamiya product and make cheap mold to produce tiger1 tank make tamiya waist all money to design the original mold. so buying the copier make the original producer start thinking: "why should I spend all money and effort to make new design and mold, then give the copier the chance to compete against me". you know what, no body will want to make the first move for new product.
Check HL's product line history:
first, they copied 1/24 marui t90, then use that chassis for m1a1. then on and on for other 1/24 tanks.

later, they copied 1/16 tiger1, then use that chassis for "pantiger".
later, they copied 1/16 pershing, then planed to use that chassis for m41.

now, are you telling me they are not coping? give me a break.

again, every developing country did similar action when they start. Singapore, Japan, Hongkong, s korea were all famouse for making fake or copy products, then they started making their own brand because only this way encourage new tech and invention.

so give HL some time, they will too. Everything lead itself to his contrary. I think HL now start to be afraid of some other company copy their M41 or even Pz3.

good luck and happy tanking.

ORIGINAL: tesujin

why do we have to reinvent the wheels. does it mean that by reinventing the wheels we are all wiser and smarter, i dont think so. so does that mean that all tyres production plant have to close down because they didnt reinvent the wheel but copied it and sell. thats blatant piracy dont you think so???? does it mean that toyota copied humvee????

cheaper battle system thats compatible with T's battle unit is in a matter of time. no worries.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Planedev

I dun want to add to the flames, but if HL was not copying tamiya tanks, why not release them as another scale, like 1:14 or 1:18(which is more popular accesory wise) why release in 1:16 scale which is apparently a scale that only tamiya uses b4 HL came along? I know some of you will say that they creat the same scale so as to be able to play along with a tam, but which tam owner will risk his tank to play with a BB firing cheaper version that has no worries of being destroyed by other BB firing tank.

furthermore their walker bulldog scale is way off that it looks more like a 1:14 than a 1:16 thus, they seem to have the ability to create stuff in that scale. If HL is not a copying company they would have launch their line of tanks in 1:14 scale. I am not even going to talk abt their 1:24scale marui copies(or are they copies).
Old 08-16-2006, 09:32 PM
TANKDUEL

[quote]ORIGINAL: tesujin

false advertising doesnt mean copies, i think you got it mix up

oh if hl went and do their own recording and put it into their tank, they would still be labelled as copycats or pirates. anyway you already mentioned that its a engine noise, so how could it be stolen. nobody likes to steal "noise"

[:-]

ORIGINAL: TANKDUEL

that only a Tamiya owner can fully appreciate.
Neville
Thank you for proving my point, I rest my case,
Old 08-16-2006, 09:42 PM
tesujin

didnt you see that a tamiya compatible battle system is in the works.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:46 PM
tomzag
Banned

making compatible does not mean copying.
i think we should encourage this kind of competition. this will help this hobby a lot.

didnt you see that a tamiya compatible battle system is in the works.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:48 PM
tesujin

so T copied Henschel

who invented paper and gun powder?

Is tam's tank really a invention? so what credit and reward. i will present them with a new hl tank.

its just a tank for god's sake and the whole debate here is about pricing structure etc.[:-]

ORIGINAL: tomzag

You do not have to reivent the wheel. but you have to give inventor credit and reward. otherwise the society will not have incentive to make new invention.
you can produce another 1/16 tiger1 no problem. but scan tamiya product and make cheap mold to produce tiger1 tank make tamiya waist all money to design the original mold. so buying the copier make the original producer start thinking: "why should I spend all money and effort to make new design and mold, then give the copier the chance to compete against me". you know what, no body will want to make the first move for new product.
Check HL's product line history:
first, they copied 1/24 marui t90, then use that chassis for m1a1. then on and on for other 1/24 tanks.

later, they copied 1/16 tiger1, then use that chassis for "pantiger".
later, they copied 1/16 pershing, then planed to use that chassis for m41.

again, every developing country did similar action when they start. Singapore, Japan, Hongkong, s korea were all famouse for making fake or copy products, then they started making their own brand because only this way encourage new tech and invention.

so give HL some time, they will too. Everything lead itself to his contrary. I think HL now start to be afraid of some other company copy their M41 or even Pz3.

good luck and happy tanking.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:53 PM
tomzag
Banned

calm down
Old 08-16-2006, 09:55 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is tam's tank really a invention? so what credit and reward. i will present them with a new hl tank.
Do you work for or own the Hen Long company? [sm=confused.gif]
Old 08-16-2006, 09:56 PM
tesujin

??
Old 08-16-2006, 09:57 PM
tesujin

all is calm.

and i dont own hl company. i wish i am

ORIGINAL: tomzag

calm down
Old 08-16-2006, 10:00 PM
tesujin

remain calm

Old 08-16-2006, 10:02 PM
TANKDUEL

Plandev and Tomzag are right, look at the pic, a heavy tank and a light tank, both the same size. Both henlong 'originals' the Bulldog and Pantiger have some new parts but borrow from previously pirated tanks and it ends up all wrong.
Is thiswhat we can expect from henlong in the future? I bet the Panzer III will be a Panzer III turret on a tiger chassis.

ORIGINAL: Planedev

I dun want to add to the flames, but if HL was not copying tamiya tanks, why not release them as another scale, like 1:14 or 1:18(which is more popular accesory wise) why release in 1:16 scale which is apparently a scale that only tamiya uses b4 HL came along? I know some of you will say that they creat the same scale so as to be able to play along with a tam, but which tam owner will risk his tank to play with a BB firing cheaper version that has no worries of being destroyed by other BB firing tank.

furthermore their walker bulldog scale is way off that it looks more like a 1:14 than a 1:16 thus, they seem to have the ability to create stuff in that scale. If HL is not a copying company they would have launch their line of tanks in 1:14 scale. I am not even going to talk abt their 1:24scale marui copies(or are they copies).
Old 08-16-2006, 10:03 PM
tesujin

maybe you can do a blow by blow breakdown comparison of the 2 product. it would be interesting to see.
ORIGINAL: ksoc

Wasn't the HL Tiger tank commander a copy of the Tamiya figure? So you telling me they copied the figure and packaging, but nothing else?

Run what you want, how you want. Being cheaper of more expensive does not make something better. You are never going to convince a BMW driver to get a KIA, yet they can both get you where you are going......

Most people who buy a HL probably would not have bought a Tamiya anyway. If some of them get really into the hobby and move on to a Tamiya .. or two... or three..... then great.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:05 PM
tesujin

oh no now its into hl copied hl's design and modifying it?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:14 PM
tesujin

thats the whole point about both tank. they give players either choice to enter into the rc arena. for those who can afford t by all means and for those who cant afford or dont want to waste that kind of money go for hl. either will allow them to enjoy some tank time.

the problem i keep seeing is that there some who just like to blow their horn and not contribute some constructive comments or pointers which will help new comers. worse if the new comers comes in with a hl tank and he is.....

yet they can both get you where you are going......

[/quote]
Old 08-16-2006, 10:17 PM
tesujin

This is what many of us have been waiting for. It will allow many of my friends(who dun want to spend the buck) to get a tank an ddo battle with us.

so who loses out in the long run. everyone wants to do tank battle and who cares if its Big T or hl.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Shagnifico

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does HL respect international copyright law?

If they don't would anybody here have misgivings about giving money to a company that steals?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Shagnifico

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

HL quite obviously copied tokyo marui.

If they did this legally or illegally I don't know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.