Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

BIG LAMA

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Buz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

ORIGINAL: erdnuckel2

Sorry to hear that Buzz, as it does really not speak too loud FOR the quality of the material in this kit ...

... BUT (listen to this, Peter ) I just was on the www.miracle-mart.com website ... and guess what???

THEY F I N A L L Y HAVE THE BLAD ES READY TO ORDER !!!!

And even if they really annoyed the living daylights out of me over the last month an a half - I couldn't resist and bought two pair (so be quick, who knows how many more they actually have )
So in about a week I might be finally able to touch a REAL Xtreme blade for the big Lama - can't hardly wait for that epiphany!

I'll be back later

Sven

Hi Sven,

No, the kit I got was very disappointing.

I logged into my account at Miracle-mart.... and I see nothing about upper extreme blades for the Big Lama. I see white plastic blades.... but they aren't extreme. The only extreme blades I can find on that site are for a smaller helicopter. Here's the link to the extreme lower blades.... but where are the upper blades?

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...&reviews_id=19

Would you find them again and put up a link directly to them? Thanks!

Buzz
Old 08-26-2009, 03:16 PM
erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: Buz

Sorry to hear that Buzz, as it does really not speak too loud FOR the quality of the material in this kit ...

... BUT (listen to this, Peter ) I just was on the www.miracle-mart.com website ... and guess what???

THEYFINALLYHAVETHEBLADESREADYTOORDER!!!!

And even if they really annoyed the living daylights out of me over the last month an a half - I couldn't resist and bought two pair (so be quick, who knows how many more they actually have )
So in about a week I might be finally able to touch a REAL Xtreme blade for the big Lama - can't hardly wait for that epiphany!

I'll be back later

Sven

Hi Sven,

No, the kit I got was very disappointing.

I logged into my account at Miracle-mart.... and I see nothing about extreme blades for the Big Lama. I see white plastic blades.... but they aren't extreme. The only extreme blades I can find on that site are for a Lama 3 or 4.

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...roducts_id=600

Would you find them again and put up a link directly to them? Thanks!

Buzz

No problem Buzz, here you go:

upper: http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3412

lower: http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3413

Regards,
Sven

Old 08-26-2009, 07:34 PM
rusty63

Hey Guys , If i order xtreme motors . Will borrow a pinion remover . Can i buy new pinions . Which size number of teeth etc . perhaps link to part number . Thanks Russell.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Buz

Thanks for the help, Sven. I got the blades in my shopping cart... but the site won't let me check out using paypal. It keeps telling me that my address doesn't match the address on my credit card. What credit card?
I'm trying to use the Paypal option.... but it keeps kicking me out. That's a strange web site. If you put 5 blades in your shopping cart it only adds one. So, you have to keep ordering one at a time until you get the number you want.
LOL! I guess I'll go back later and use a credit card. Boy, I hate using my credit card on the web. Oh well, thanks again. I'll try again later.

Buzz
Old 08-27-2009, 12:50 PM
erdnuckel2

Thanks for the help, Sven. I got the blades in my shopping cart... but the site won't let me check out using paypal. It keeps telling me that my address doesn't match the address on my credit card. What credit card?
I'm trying to use the Paypal option.... but it keeps kicking me out. That's a strange web site. If you put 5 blades in your shopping cart it only adds one. So, you have to keep ordering one at a time until you get the number you want.
LOL! I guess I'll go back later and use a credit card. Boy, I hate using my credit card on the web. Oh well, thanks again. I'll try again later.

Buzz
Just put 1 article in your cart - and then, right before you are ready to order, you change all your quantities the way you want them and click update cart - eh voila! Do you even use a credit card for paypal ? and is your adress within paypal verified? (ie if I do paypal here in the states and it shows my adress, then it also shows in green US verified or something like it)
Otherwise, I didn't have troubles using paypal there, sorry to hear that it's not always the case ...

I sure hope you get that all straightened out, so that those miraculous, fantastic, unbelievable, outworldishly just great () blades gonna be on their way to you soon

Sven

Old 08-27-2009, 05:24 PM
RC_Addiction

MY Esky Big Outdoor Lama is a MUTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peeeetaaaa!!!!!

where are yaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21240.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1264229   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68729.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1264230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64564.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1264231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw63847.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	1264232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qb36252.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1264233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Du20358.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	1264234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ac62553.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1264235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rq55768.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1264236  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yx39752.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1264237   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wi49422.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1264238  
Old 08-27-2009, 08:31 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: RC_Addiction
MY Esky Big Outdoor Lama is a MUTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peeeetaaaa!!!!!
where are yaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Hey again Fernando,

Yeah! Right here buddy - I haven't got much time to type so forgive the spelling nistakes. I am looking after a sick wife and son - so no time sorry - but I have ordered Extreme blades (fast shipping) so they should be here early next week.
I do read the thread even though I don't have time to log in and contribute sometimes

...Love your bird - I've got mine now. Pics soon!

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
UPDATE: Well, I've finally got the wife to sleep (she is very peaceful), the son is still at school, and I have some time to type. She gave me the parcel as I predicted she would - and I immediately opened it up!
The first thing that I looked for was an out-of-alignment lower rotor head on the heli (like Sven was reading somewhere else & warning us). It is fine! The wires that are inevitable from a BL set-up are all tucked away nicely, so I don't want to open her up just yet. As you can see from the pics - she comes running 3D Pro blades - very loose I must add - and there is another pair in the box! Also, as I requested, they have included (only[:'(]) 1 set of Walkera 400D blades - but I may not have enough time to use them very much before the Extremes arrive from Miracle-mart! The seller did include two sets of the four AA's necessary to run the Transmitter - so I guess that is good and goes some way to making up the extra money.
The Esky 800mAh lipo is upgraded to a 11.1V 900mAh 15C RAIDEN.
The Tx is unbelievable! A 6-channel (ET6I) 2.4GHz - I requested mode 2 - and it has an idle-up (N or 1) and hover pitch knob - on the LHS, a Gyro swith (0 or 1) on the front face , with the usual Training (0 or 1) with a "channel 5" knob on the RHS. I don't even know if any of these switches are even connected yet - but I will open the Tx soon (to slide a piece of fuel-tube over the rachet arm) - so I will check them then.......

RC711.com sent me another CD with FMS on it[:@], but (thankfully) not a softdog to add weight to my parcel.

I've just gone over it in detail and tightened and checked and drooled - when I change blades, I think I will also change to my S.W.A.T. fuselage - so I can run the LEDs in low daylight. Now, where are those Xtreme BOL blades to try?

Name:	Wu60463.jpg
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1264305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34247.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1264306   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90067.jpg
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	1264307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69465.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1264308   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99395.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1264309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40347.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1264310   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40713.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1264311   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60696.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1264312  

Old 08-28-2009, 01:03 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: rusty63
Hey Guys , If i order xtreme motors . Will borrow a pinion remover . Can i buy new pinions . Which size number of teeth etc . perhaps link to part number . Thanks Russell.
Hey again Russell,

The pinions that you buy depend upon the motor shaft diameter that you will be running - a 2mm internal diameter is usual for the brushed motors - both Esky and Xtreme - with 2.3mm for BL motors - BUT THEY VARY.
That is one reason that I retained and reused my original Esky pinions when I upgraded to the [link=https://www.ushobbysupply.com/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=695&osCsid=5 a11b2b0f21394820e8233f339e16bfb]Xtreme 380 brushed motors[/link]! As you can see within the link, the Xtreme motors arrive with a 9-tooth pinion (designed for a Honeybee FP)
My BL "Ultimate" pinions have 11 teeth and no "lip" like the original Esky ones have - but the meshing seems very tight - I will tell you how it goes after its maiden flight. I think my BL ones are [link=http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=342]these[/link], but RC711.com also stock 12-tooth pinions with the same internal diameter - so if I don't have any joy with the meshing on these, I will order a pair of 12-tooth and try them out (maybe by hand I will be able to tell if they are correct or not) IF YOU DON'T GET IT RIGHT THE PINION DOESN'T MESH WELL WITH THE MAIN GEAR and the gear usually comes off second best.........

Peter
P.S. Sorry I took so long to post an answer - I bet you marked a tooth, then counted the number of teeth on your pinions by now
P.P.S. In about a week I will have definitive advice for you - who knows you may not have to even use a pinion-puller after then!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:26 AM
pgroom_68

Do you even use a credit card for paypal ? and is your adress within paypal verified? (ie if I do paypal here in the states and it shows my adress, then it also shows in green US verified or something like it)
Otherwise, I didn't have troubles using paypal there, sorry to hear that it's not always the case ...
I sure hope you get that all straightened out, so that those miraculous, fantastic, unbelievable, outworldishly just great ( ) blades gonna be on their way to you soon
Hey again Sven,

Yes, I recently had a credit card and a debit card linked through paypal - and it worked fine from every site that I've ever visited. But I verified with my bank details yesterday and have since paid for a few things without any probs......

Now who's being slightly sarcastic? Time will tell whether those blades are good or great.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:22 AM
rusty63

Hi Peter , Best wishes for wifes recovery .Instead of Brushless kit . I hit the self distruct <u>paypal </u>button at controlfreaks the nz xtreme dealer .8 xtreme motors some big lama parts . I had first proper outdoor flight late /sunset time . Video didn,t come out to clear .But you will get idea of what im up too. lol.Wind permitting will try again in morning . cya Russell
View My Video</p>
Old 08-28-2009, 07:53 AM
pgroom_68

Hi Peter , Best wishes for wifes recovery .Instead of Brushless kit . I hit the self distruct <u>paypal </u>button at controlfreaks the nz xtreme dealer .8 xtreme motors some big lama parts . I had first proper outdoor flight late /sunset time . Video didn,t come out to clear .But you will get idea of what im up too. lol. Wind permitting will try again in morning . cya Russell
View My Video</p>
Hey again russell,

Did I read correctly? 4 pairs of Xtreme 380 motors? [X(] Wow - they are about AUD$40 a pair! I see what you mean by the self-destruct button www.controlfreaks.co.nz isn't it? They are great IMO. I got my last delivery from them in four days - regular post! You've got to be happy with that The motor shaft on those Extreme motors is 2mm - exactly the same as the original Esky.

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
P.S. Now I'm really confused[sm=confused.gif] The original Esky motors that came in my first two Big Lamas have 11-teeth, but the latest models come with 12-teeth pinions - [link=http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22_116&products_id=1716]rc711.com Esky motor "A" w/ 12 T pinion[/link] and
[link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_204_212& products_id=2822]Miracle-mart.com Esky motor "A" w/ 12T pinion[/link]

Old 08-28-2009, 08:55 AM
rusty63

Hi Peter , Yes from those guys . Justtwo motors for Big Lama . Six 180 size for others . I,ll just use pinions i have . Would more teeth make it faster or slower ? Russell
Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 AM
pgroom_68

Hi Peter , Yes from those guys . Just two motors for Big Lama . Six 180 size for others . I,ll just use pinions i have . Would more teeth make it faster or slower ? Russell
Hey again Russell,

Now you're making me think! The motor rotates at the same speed - and will make the pinion complete one revolution at the same speed - but if a higher(slightly less chunky but still meshing) tooth number is chosen for the pinion, (my brain hurts) this translates into more revolutions of the main gear! Correct? Please someone else back me up if I am correct?!

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
UPDATE: Read Sven's explanation below - it is clearer!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:34 AM
erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Hi Peter , Yes from those guys . Justtwo motors for Big Lama . Six 180 size for others . I,ll just use pinions i have . Would more teeth make it faster or slower ? Russell
Hey again Russell,

Now you're making me think! The motor rotates at the same speed - and will make the pinion complete one revolution at the same speed - but if a lower(slightly more chunky but still meshing) tooth number is chosen for the pinion, (my brain hurts) this translates into more revolutions of the main gear! Correct? Please someone else back me up if I am correct?!

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
Here is what I think:

If your motor spins with a certain RPM, then one complete cycle means the pinion makes one full turn - it makes ni difference if the pinion has 8 teeth or 12 teeth, one ccomplete cycle means one full turn. But as soon as you mesh it with the large gear, the more teeth you got, the less cycles you need to make the large gear complete one full turn. Therefore more teeth make the gear t;urn faster, less teeth make it turn slower (each time referring to the teeth on the pinions)

Sven

EDIT:
This is the reason, why the following happens during those custom brushless conversions:
If you have a 3000kV motor (wihich turn 33000 times on 11V) you may be able to use your original pinion. Now if you bought a motor with 4500kV (which subsequently turns 49500 times on 11V) you are either going to reduce the number of teeth on the pinion (say from 12 to 10 ... or 9 if it turns out not to be enough) and if all of this won't work, you use a lower voltage battery (ie 7.4V which reduce the motor turns to 33000 again - and you can keep on using your original pinion)

Old 08-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Buz

Buzz
Just put 1 article in your cart - and then, right before you are ready to order, you change all your quantities the way you want them and click update cart - eh voila! Do you even use a credit card for paypal ? and is your adress within paypal verified? (ie if I do paypal here in the states and it shows my adress, then it also shows in green US verified or something like it)

I sure hope you get that all straightened out, so that those miraculous, fantastic, unbelievable, outworldishly just great ( ) blades gonna be on their way to you soon

Sven

Well, I did update the the cart and it still only showed one. For paypal I use no credit card. I am linked to my bank account and verified. Have been for years. I think what happened is, the first time I ordered from them I did use a credit card. Now, I can't use Paypal. [:'(] I'll just use the card again. "Outworldishly great?" HAHAHA! I sure hope they work better than this metal shaft extension kit!

Buzz
Old 08-28-2009, 09:53 AM
erdnuckel2

Sorry Buzz,

but something still ain't right ... I didn't even HAVE a paypal account when I first ordered there - and now there is no problem in using paypal instead of a credit card. And the thing with the cart ... just put one thing in your cart, once you hit checkout it will show the cart again, then you click left on your quantity, it get highlighted, you type in the desired quantity and hit update cart - then you should have as many articles in your cart as you manually type in at checkout

hope that helps

regards,
Sven
Old 08-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Beachcomber

Hi Guys,
Unless I'm measuring wrong, I measure the stock motors on my Big Lama have 2.0 mm shaft, and the new brushless motors have a 2.3 mm shaft. I've ordered 2.3 mm pinions, should arrive soon.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:12 PM
erdnuckel2

Your measuring right, that is usually exactly how it is ....

Sven
Old 08-28-2009, 07:05 PM
RC_Addiction

Hi Guys,
Unless I'm measuring wrong, I measure the stock motors on my Big Lama have 2.0 mm shaft, and the new brushless motors have a 2.3 mm shaft. I've ordered 2.3 mm pinions, should arrive soon. Beachcomber,
I did the same thing, i ordered pinions but i'm so impatient so i drilled a 2.3mm hole into the stock pinions. I threw them into my parts box for future installation.

Pete,

Hope your wife and son recover pretty soon. I'm guessing from a cold.

Fernando,

Name:	Ca82506.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1264850  
Old 08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: RC_Addiction
Hi Guys,
Unless I'm measuring wrong, I measure the stock motors on my Big Lama have 2.0 mm shaft, and the new brushless motors have a 2.3 mm shaft. I've ordered 2.3 mm pinions, should arrive soon. Beachcomber,
I did the same thing, i ordered pinions but i'm so impatient so i drilled a 2.3mm hole into the stock pinions. I threw them into my parts box for future installation.
Pete,
Hope your wife and son recover pretty soon. I'm guessing from a cold.
Hey again and thanks Fernando,

No, my wife has just received viral injections incase it is the swine flu - now THAT is rather serious[sm=what_smile.gif]
My son just has a sore throat now - he has nearly fully recovered from (I assume) just a cold.

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 08-28-2009, 10:49 PM
RC_Addiction

Hey again and thanks Fernando,

No, my wife has just received viral injections incase it is the swine flu - now THAT is rather serious
My son just has a sore throat now - he has nearly fully recovered from (I assume) just a cold.

Peter
They will be fine Peter. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

I just flew my BL BOL through 3 batteries (two 1300mah and the xtreme 950mah) on this a very hot day!! (95 F)...motors got hot to the touch but not too much! I loved it!![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Can't wait for those white blades to arrive...[sm=72_72.gif]
[sm=bananahead.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 08-28-2009, 11:04 PM
pgroom_68

If your motor spins with a certain RPM, then one complete cycle means the pinion makes one full turn - it makes ni difference if the pinion has 8 teeth or 12 teeth, one ccomplete cycle means one full turn. But as soon as you mesh it with the large gear, the more teeth you got, the less cycles you need to make the large gear complete one full turn. Therefore more teeth [on the pinion] make the [main] gear t;urn faster, less teeth make it turn slower (each time referring to the teeth on the pinions)
Hey again and thanks Sven,

Let's re-say it then. More teeth [on the pinion] make the [main] gear turn faster Did I understand correctly?

P.S. Does this increases the head speed for the same motor rpm? Or are more teeth pinion only used when a lower rpm motor is selected to keep the head speed around the same?[sm=confused.gif]
Old 08-28-2009, 11:41 PM
erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

If your motor spins with a certain RPM, then one complete cycle means the pinion makes one full turn - it makes ni difference if the pinion has 8 teeth or 12 teeth, one ccomplete cycle means one full turn. But as soon as you mesh it with the large gear, the more teeth you got, the less cycles you need to make the large gear complete one full turn. Therefore more teeth [on the pinion] make the [main] gear t;urn faster, less teeth make it turn slower (each time referring to the teeth on the pinions)
Hey again and thanks Sven,

Let's re-say it then. More teeth [on the pinion] make the [main] gear turn faster Did I understand correctly?

P.S. Does this increases the head speed for the same motor rpm? Or are more teeth pinion only used when a lower rpm motor is selected to keep the head speed around the same?[sm=confused.gif]
Hi and good (what is it in Australia now?) afternoon (I guess) - or already evening? (How many hours are you ahead of me?)

Ok, I really sucked in physics most of the time - same as in math (I'm a lot better with languages or chemistry/biology (at least as far as school is concerned) .... but,

... didn't you basically answer your question by asking it? More teeth on the pinion make the main gear turn faster - doesn't that unavoidably mean, if the gear turns faster, the headspeed will be higher (as the shaft turns with the same rpm as the gear (as they are connected ) I would think it is more the other way round, people want a certain headspeed and choose the motor accordingly - and that decides how many teeth your pinion should need.

take the BOL example ... this bird is supposed to have a certain head speed (somewhere in the german forum I think I read they try to keep that at 1800 rpm - but I might confuse that with something else ... then some of the guys there started calculating and concluded, that about 3000 kV should be the most favorable motor for 11.1V. Unfortunately they did the calculation only AFTER I had already bought two cheap brushless motors with 4500kV - so if I want to end up with the headspeed they figured to be ideal, that means, I can either reduce the number of teeth on my motorpinions ORI just take the lower voltage batteries ...
... and I decided, once I do this I WILL go with the lower voltage batteries, because you can use much higher mAh batteries with the same weight as a lot smaller ones with 11.1V - this way I may also be able to use a CX2 4in1 instead of the original BOL one ... and this is the easiest way to use my DX6i (I know in the meantime you can make it work with the EK2 - 0709, but that is kind of complicated, so I'd rather use something that works with spektrum without tinkering too much)

Does any of this make any sense?? (It's about quarter to one AM here in Philly and I start to feel the effects of being up too long ....)

Regards,
Sven

Old 08-29-2009, 01:41 AM
pgroom_68

More teeth on the pinion make the main gear turn faster...people want a certain headspeed and choose the motor accordingly - and that decides how many teeth your pinion should need.
take the BOL example ... this bird is supposed to have a certain head speed (somewhere in the german forum I think I read they try to keep that at 1800 rpm - but I might confuse that with something else ... then some of the guys there started calculating and concluded, that about 3000 kV should be the most favorable motor for 11.1V. Unfortunately they did the calculation only AFTER I had already bought two cheap brushless motors with 4500kV - so if I want to end up with the headspeed they figured to be ideal, that means, I can either reduce the number of teeth on my motorpinions OR I just take the lower voltage batteries ...
... and I decided, once I do this I WILL go with the lower voltage batteries, because you can use much higher mAh batteries with the same weight as a lot smaller ones with 11.1V - this way I may also be able to use a CX2 4in1 instead of the original BOL one ... and this is the easiest way to use my DX6i (I know in the meantime you can make it work with the EK2 - 0709, but that is kind of complicated, so I'd rather use something that works with spektrum without tinkering too much)
Does any of this make any sense?? (It's about quarter to one AM here in Philly and I start to feel the effects of being up too long ....)
Regards,
Hey again Sven,

Sorry about not answering your post straight away - I have been flying (and not crashing for once) the King2 on Clearview sim with my ET6i Tx (the 6-channel that came with the BL Ultimate BOL) and once I get up there, I can fly about doing loops and rolls and buzzing (sorry about the pun) myself and just mucking about seeing how close I can fly to a vehicle or tree safely! I have just spent 6 hours straight as my wife is out with the son and I am home alone all day. BTW it is 4:30pm here in Sydney ATM as we are 10 hours AHEAD of the eastern US I think. Unfortunately you have logged off now (probably catching some zzzz's) so you wont be able to calculate the time diff anyway............but when I posted this the "current server time" is 7:41am (with no adjustments)

Back to helis: It is really windy out and no chance to fly the real models today (2morrows forecast for here is similar[:'(])
I am trying to create a bank of posts that the newbie can read and use to modify his/her bird CHEAPLY (and we can link) - a bank with both FACT and OPINIONS clearly outlined.... This is because most of the fliers that I have met end up taking the cheapest options. I personally don't agree with this - as quality is more important (as you know and promote) - but it is a reality that MOST people will go with the cheapest tested and tried option - so I have tried many of the cheap things for Esky FP (coaxs or not) helis out there (but not all) and am willing to help out in this regard usually.

How much did the DX6i cost you?

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
P.S. "Weight comes into play often with the smaller coaxs - yes, even the BOL (due to its low head-speed)"
Old 08-29-2009, 05:53 AM
rusty63

Hi Peter , I like the transmitter you got with Big Lama . Was it by mistake ? Sven thanks for further explaining about pinions . I had nice Outdoor Flight with my cheaply moded Big Lama this morning .Hope you enjoy . Russell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RoIQif9BaA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.