Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Dave ~

Weird thing............ My Gy401 looks different than yours on my T-450..........?? ! I just can't pin-point it though ? I did notice it lost a bit of body fat from its stock 27 gram weight.... YIKES...! Oh.... Did I mention I also like to use the 450 for experimental torture treatments ?! Heh..... And yeah, ever since your "Tip Of The Day" about resoldering wire leads, it has worked VERY well in my adventures with doing that kind of stuff.... Thanks again... I still keep it mounted under the fiberglass canopy as ya can see in the last photo kind of..... A tip from Trex-Tuning....

Take care Chief.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28662.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	1284528   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51739.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1284529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn38039.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	1284530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78496.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1284531   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96454.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	1284532  
Old 09-28-2009, 07:51 PM
J-MICHAEL

Oh Dave.......... Peel off that plastic covering on that 401.... Its bugging me........! LMAO.....
Old 09-28-2009, 08:05 PM
9sec240

Dave.. if you have a hard time getting tracking consistent on your new EXI head, look into the spacers that go between the head block and the blade grips. The EXI ones are flanged for some reason and very close to the head block. Mine would interfere with the movement of grips and the ability to stay tracked. I solved this issue by replacing the stock EXI spacers with Align spacers. While you are in there, swap out the double o-ring dampeners on each side of the head with single piece Align units.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:11 PM
choppersrule

Jeff-Michael,

Yep, my dad was born in 1919, YIKES. He was in WWII and was very lucky to come home alive.. I had to look at that picture and yes, it does look like his right arm is missing.. Nope it's not. He must have been scratching his back or something. Has a baggy shirt on, he's Kinda Heavy these days. LMAO! His fine and dandy. And a GREAT individual. I appreciate your concerns and being up front with your question about his arm.. I'm that way to the enth degree... I'll say what I feel, you may be mad at me, but I say what I feel.

Okay, Okay, I took the flippin' plastic off the damn GY401 gyro for ya.

Glad the soldering tricks are working out for ya... I'll have to dream up another Tip of the Day shortly..[8D]

Great idea, use the 450 for a trainer and fly to poop out of it.

You DO HAVE the EAGLE EYE..[X(]

Dave

Name:	Jg14139.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1284548   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14351.jpg
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1284549  
Old 09-28-2009, 08:18 PM
choppersrule

Ivan,

You should join the "Tip of the Day" project. We are all looking for tips and hints of improving performance of our helis.

I must be the lucky one, I don't currently have any problems with tracking at all. But with your information, I'll be checking on it more often... I've printed out your recommedations...

Thanks so much for your input, never can get enough of the good things, I can say that the EXI head is one nice unit for the money.

Dave

Old 09-28-2009, 08:23 PM
crashcrash

LMAO....yeah.....bugs me too when people leave the film plastic on stuff. When I got my DX7 used (worked great at that time), the plastic film was on it, I think the film was also still on my Futaba 7c.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:29 PM
J-MICHAEL

Ok then.... Thanks Dave... Yeah because it confused me with your father in that first picture, as it really looked like he did lose his arm. So I then was looking at his "walker" on his leftside, and thought....... how in the hek.............?!! Hmmmmmm, that would be quite a challenge using the walker then !

Yeah LOL on the plastic covering.... I never knew that covering was on stuff like the gyro's and servo's until Jeremy pointed it out a long time ago...

Off to the hobby room, to get into some mischief..............
Old 09-28-2009, 08:33 PM
choppersrule

Jeff-Michael,

When I first read your early post, the pictures weren't post yet.. with the gyro and the soldiering work... Excellent... It does take some extra time to do that, but makes things not only look better in appearance, but keeps things out of the gears and servo from being chopped in half or frayed. I've done that years ago, got an ESC wire in the main gear and chewed it up. YIKES!

Vic and Jeff,

Hey, the plastic stuff keeps ya from making scratches and such on the equipment... LMAO !

Dave
Old 09-28-2009, 08:58 PM
crashcrash

LMAO...yeah, we know, but it's most likely a pet peave to us.....it always bothered me and dunno why.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:35 PM
J-MICHAEL

The plastic covering is for Winter time flying in the rain and snow I had always thought ?? !

Eric ~

Here's a thought..... Wouldn't it be cool to have LED's that turn on for the craft from a sensor that will activate them to light-up when they sense a darker outside lighting scenario ?! I came across these LED's that I have that have that sensor.... Kinda interesting, but really not to practical since your flights are short anyway, and what's the diff... But still, I'am gonna have to disect these and play for just the lights for something.....

Name:	Ec88464.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1284607   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38703.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1284608  
Old 09-29-2009, 10:28 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...................... 501 pages and 3 years old. Vic, what are you feeding all these guys?

Been awhile since I last peeked in here but was in at around 1 am last nite snooping and saw Vic's post on the previous page. Being as my brain isn't fully functional so late I decided to wait and post this morning. So, my current life in a nutshell:

Been working pretty steady lately and have brought in a "helper" for the last couple of jobs to take some of the workload off me. Our club had a fun fly last weekend and what a perfect day for flying. Very slight breeze down the runway and around 70F all day. I flew the new 3DHS Sukhoi and managed to uninstall the landing gear on a perfectly greased maiden. I had ripped out the Carbon Fiber landing gear the weekend before on a not so "greased" landing so bought some aluminum flat stock and bent my own. I didn't get the LG plate secured in very well I guess and as soon as the wheels touched the grass I was on the belly. I am now building a new LG plate with tabs to go into the forward and rearward formers and should have something strong enough to rip the fuse in half the next bad landing. Flew a couple of the park flyers that day also, GWS Estarter and Fliton Extra 260 mini. I have been looking for another plane to install some "orphaned" electronics but finally decided to go buy a sheet of depron and give Jay's pink foamie a shot. I will post build pics in his thread [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8757744/tm.htm]51" foamy $8.00[/link] And give that a try as a more intense 3D trainer.
I have not flown helis since July when i wrecked the Century Swift 16 just doing some basic hovering and slow FF. The Trex 450 had its tail servo stolen to be installed in a 3D plane I had purchased. (Those plank guys are shifty hooligans) Now that fall is finally approaching and the weather I will be spending more time at home in the evenings and will have an opportunity to get some fiddling done.
Just ordered 2 new motors for the .60 size planks. Reaperbrushless.com has a sale on thier GR60 motors. Normally 129.99 they are on sale for 60.95 ! I bought one for the Top Flite AT 6 Texan ARF and the other for the Top flite F4U Corsair Kit build i am working on. They are equivilant to a .60 sized two stroke motor so should be enough power to get these 65" Wingspan monsters off the ground. They will be here this week....probably thursday so I should have the Texan ready to maiden this coming weekend. The video will either be really boring.........or boring with a 3 to 11 second portion of intense excitement and Carnage................

Hey to all the BOBs and what a great thing to see something still at the top of the Eflite heli forums for 3 years. I don't believe this thread has ever been on the second page of this sub forum since its first days on here!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......................

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:08 PM
crashcrash

Gald you could drop in..... I'm starting to feel a little incompetent on the Blade CP and CP-Pro's, been so long since I had one I can't remember how to set one up and when someone asks for help...I'm in the dark now. I DO remember which problem causes which symtoms though....that's a good thing. Good to hear you're working, amazing to hear you're into planks so intensely (LMAO).

I'm feeding these guys the same stuff I feed my grand kids....lots of candy and a little BS (LMAO).
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 PM
theradioflyer

Hey Arrow!
Good to see you checking in! Sorry to hear about the gear getting ripped out. I did it once on the 40" Edge but I Gorilla Glued the snot out of it and it hasn't gone anywhere since. I can't wait to see your foam plane! It's a lot of fun for not much money.

Blessings,

Jay
Old 09-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Wnuk

Hey All! Back to the old grind now the vacation is over! Disney was AWESOME! I think I loved it as much as the kids did! They also enjoyed their first flight and got to watch the sun rise from 38000 ft. Got a picture of that somewhere!

Anyway, its good to see you all are up to not only your old antics but some new ones too! See some new faces here as well so a welcome to them! Sad to read we lost Ray while I was gone, he will be missed.

I'll do some catching up around here and be back to flying again as soon as these winds die down. Gusts at 50mph and 450 size helis just don't get along.

Here is the flight report of our trip. I love this site. You can track ANY U.S. commercial and GA IFR flight. If you click on the "track log" you get all the cool details.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/S...009Z/KAVP/KMCO

Jim
Old 09-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Wnuk

Just this one to share for now! I LOVE it!

Jim

Name:	Rp43084.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1284901  
Old 09-29-2009, 04:20 PM
choppersrule

Jim,

Welcome back, you slacker you! Glad you and the family had a great time. I went to the web site and saw Southwestern, I flew to Chicago every couple weeks with them for meetings when I was at the phone company for years. They are great, laid back and the pilots have a sense of humor when taking off and landing. I remember one time, on landing, the pilot came on the intercom system and said, "Whoa Big Boy, let's stop here" all the people on the airplane cracked up..

Great picture of the kids, looks like the older one could be a trouble maker. LOL ! Did they get there wings from the pilot, or did you forget to ask?

Dave
Old 09-29-2009, 04:38 PM
choppersrule

Bob's,

A couple pictures of the Legend 450's, nothing special. Just what I have. The canopies look pretty simple and boring. Think I'll take one of them to work and see what the painter in the body shop can do for me.[X(] Just one of those perks I guess.

A picture of a new beer that came out just last week here in Indy.. Don't buy it, it's not that good.[sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif]

PLUS, "Tip of the Day"

See picture of the RX... On the Spectrum RX's the two tiny wires that exit the the housing are pretty fragile, and after a while of bending them to straigten them out for flight, they will start to wear and eventully break right as it exits the housing.
Just get some 5 minute expoxy, about the size of a pea, 1 drop of resin, 1 drop of hardener. Mix well. Apply with a tooth pick, right at the base of the wire as it enters the housing. Do each side ya know.

As Jeff would say, "Off to the hobby room, to get into some mischeif"

Dave

Name:	Sq47549.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1284961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18477.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	1284962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23498.jpg
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1284963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha78717.jpg
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1284964   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61995.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1284965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65670.jpg
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1284966  
Old 09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
crashcrash

I guess you didn't learn the lesson in southeast asia that I did....."there's no such thing as BAD beer, just some beer is better than others". Remember that preserved PBR they gave us? Wow...that had a taste you'll never forget, maybe like fromaldihide or something was in it. As long as it was cold, it was "OK" though. I KNOW you had the same stuff....I was in thailand DEC 74 at an Army supply port/depot, the beer we got was the same stuff going to VietNam. Whew![X(]
Old 09-29-2009, 06:09 PM
choppersrule

Vic,

You have a Point, but only a point on BAD Beer. Pabst will give me a headache, LMAO! I drank the local stuff when in Viet Nam and Thailand.. It was called, "Fawn Tok" (spelling ???), english is "Running Deer". go figure that one. It would knock you flippin' socks off. That was in 1967 & 68. Oh, BTW, I did learn a lesson, I KNOW what to stay away from. Lol ! Another BTW, their beer and hard liquours are made with Formaldehyde. That way when you die that don't have to embomb (spelling??) you. LMAO twice,, Like JPEE!

Later, gotta install some 315mm Align blades on Legend #1.

Dave

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

I guess you didn't learn the lesson in southeast asia that I did.....''there's no such thing as BAD beer, just some beer is better than others''. Remember that preserved PBR they gave us? Wow...that had a taste you'll never forget, maybe like fromaldihide or something was in it. As long as it was cold, it was ''OK'' though. I KNOW you had the same stuff....I was in thailand DEC 74 at an Army supply port/depot, the beer we got was the same stuff going to VietNam. Whew![X(]
Old 09-29-2009, 06:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

Arrow ~

Glad to see ya check in... I'am excited for you to start one of them foamy builds and posting your info also on Jay's pink foamy thread... Cool ! [8D] I need to try that also, just so it would be a good learning experience and also I think it would be fun to practice on without a doubt at least for me. I wonder what the biggest one a guy could do size-wise...?! [8D] Hmmmmm..... (LMAO)... Yeah I think I had a few close calls with my MFX landing gear getting ripped out, but I glassed the crap outta her, and so ya, like you said the nextt bad landing will probably just take the whole fuse out now! LMAO... Glad to hear work is steady for ya, its been slow lately for me and a bit more challenging stuck on the Peninsula ! Eh...! Take care of yourself, and I'll see ya around... [8D]

Crash ~

You mean to say the bad taste in your mouth is finally starting to go away from those original CPP's....?! LMAO.... Well that's good to hear.... Oh.... But what about the nightmare's ? They gone yet also ?! Maybe the occasional glitching dream once in awhile perhaps ?!

Jim ~

Glad to see ya back mister, and that you had a good time with your family.... Everytime I see those youngsters they always seem to be very cheerful and happy. There lucky to have a great father like yourself... Yeah you need to get back into the groove with the heli's... You shouldn't be to rusty. You need to resume with your inverted hovering stuff so I can envy your flights again and give me hope !

Dave ~

EXCELLENT tip of the day.... Without a doubt, those little Spektrum AR6100's are sensitive little buggers around the base of the antenna wires for sure. Not so much with the added support they did for there 6200's & 7000's thank goodness. But it doesn't take much for those 6100's wires to finally break. I had one of mine break off awhile ago, and still flew the 450 for about a month when I was in Cali last year. So amazing it still flew fine and still got plenty of range as I flew it out over the mountaintops. I finally just found another piece of wire around the same size, and cut to length about 1 1/4". Its worked great since... Currently its in the Funtana though.... I figure if something did ever go wrong with that, at least its a plane and won't drop like a rock ! LMAO....

I do something similiar to your idea with helping to secure the RX wires, and that is I use that liquid electrical tape stuff. I also use a toothpick, or a cut Q-tip and using the blunt end to apply that liquid tape to the base of the wires. That stuff is great, because its also flexible so it won't break, but yet still very strong. It just smells nasty ! I can grab that wire and bend it back and forth 100 times, and that antenna won't break off now. I can't remember where I got that stuff at ? Possibly Home-Depot... Just another option also added to your tip of the day. Please keep them coming !! [8D]

Take care,

~ Jeff

Name:	Ig13160.jpg
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1285010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89137.jpg
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1285011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50423.jpg
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	1285012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37112.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1285013  
Old 09-29-2009, 06:41 PM
9sec240

I use hot glue on all my RX antennas. Works really well and is easy to apply.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Wnuk

LOL Dave, it's the little one I'm worried about. He's as stubbron as his mom and has a short fuse. He has NO fear either! The older one is real laid back, just like his dad! Oh... they did get their wings.

Jeff- Yep, I feel rusty but it should come back quickly. I hope to be mowing the lawn before the cold weather sets in. LOL

Vic- Are you all heald up from your incident?

Jim
Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: Wnuk

LOL Dave, it's the little one I'm worried about. H's as stunnron as his mom and has a short fuse. He has NO fear either! The older one is real laid back, just like his dad!

Jeff- Yep, I feel rusty but it should come back quickly. I hope to be mowing the lawn before the cold weather sets in. LOL

Vic- Are you all heald up from your incident?

Jim
Yeah Jim, just pulling off dead jagged pieces of torn skin on the finger now, no pain.

Jeff.....I'll NEVER get that bad taste out of my mouth no matter how many dogs butts I l!cK.[:@] (LMAO)
Old 09-29-2009, 08:45 PM
choppersrule

Tracy,

Glad to see ya checking in on the OLD Bob's. LMAO ! Sounds like you're busy with the work place, and in these times, that's a good thing for you. Me and a few otheres aren't doing to well on that.. Man you've got the plank thing going for ya. Enjoy, enjoy and tell, Jacki, I said Hi. Love you guys..

Jeff, 9Sec240,

Great ideas too, liquid tape and hot glue... That's three ideas in one. Lol ! And all will do the work. Save that antenna.

Legend #1 update:

Concerning Blade length: I purchased some Align Pros, 325mm and 315mm. Quickly, don't won't to bore ya. The 325's on a 450 heli is kinda soft and floaty to me. The 315's pretty much rock.. I took a set of the 325's, the softies and cut them down to 310mm.
Holy Crap, the helis is snappy and super stable now... RPM's are up, because of the length.. Did it with a cut-off wheel on the old dremel.

Dave

Name:	Vt56495.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1285105  
Old 09-29-2009, 08:53 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff.....I'll NEVER get that bad taste out of my mouth no matter how many dogs butts I l!cK. (LMAO)

I'am sure I don't assist in the matter when I throw up the occasional original CPP video's up....! LMAO ! Nothin' like revisiting good ol' times eh ?! Speaking of, I need to drag out one of the CPP's again soon for some more torture to the craft and to myself ! I tell ya those original CPP's are just a weak turd with no tail control compared to these CPP2's these guys are using nowadays... Heh... I've heard those Oral B cross-action dental toothbrushes use those N-60 tail motors, so I wonder if Kel would notice her's missing ?? !

Until I get a fresh video up, this one will rub some salt in the ol' wound for ya !!!!!!

http://exposureroom.com/members/J-MI...f14216dcf7b36/

Jim ~

You know I'am never gonna leave ya alone about that Decathlon mister ! Still need a video..... [8D] Winter's coming fast and the darkness will set in quick ! You might have to grab ya then some LED's like this guy did for his Decathlon... [8D]

Name:	Hf98021.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1285118  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.