Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 05:00 PM
jroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Just got in from flying 4 packs in the front yard/street. Got 2 in on the 250 and 2 on the 450.

450 is running like a champ, like always.

The 250 is still just a little quirky. I'm having a little bit of a pitch problem. If I'm at a 6ft hover and give it a little pitch-pump, it seems a little delayed, just ever so slightly. Got any ideas guys?

Thanks!!

James
Old 04-19-2011, 06:55 PM
rotarydoc

Mark,

Thanks for the tips on the MCP X...I thought I remembered Rob1260 talking about turning the links out about 2 turns? Seems that some of the BNF's came with a bit too much negative pitch at mid stick out of the box?

I was reading some of the blade mods over at HF....seems to be working for those guys.

Thanks for digging into the Anne Arundel County website, and finding that exlusion...I guess it wouldn't hurt to email the guy, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to sway him into a written permission slip....he has nothing to gain by it, and potentially a lot to lose if I had an accident....I doubt I would grant it if I were in his shoes.... but I do appreciate the effort you put into the research!

I got 2 packs in tonight at the new Moose lodge field. I'm getting a bit more comfortable there, so far, so good....no one ever comes by or out of their houses to see what's going on...not yet at least...

I got in a few inverted hovers that actually looked pretty good....it's got me thinking twice about the MCP X, since my main goal with it is to practice inverted hovering with little to no risk...but if I'm doing OK on the 450, I may hold off for a bit...

I say that now....as soon as my LHS gets them in, it'll be a different story... We'll see....

Glenn
Old 04-20-2011, 11:06 AM
jroo

Yes!

Found and just ordered a replacement roller for my Dx6i. I fixed it earlier, but i can feel it getting weak again.

These are aftermarket aluminum rollers, trim switches here!

http://www.eastrc.org/index2.html
Old 04-20-2011, 03:05 PM
JPEE

Be back later
Old 04-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

JPEE...

DONT

KEEP

US

GUESSING !!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:55 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE has been quite lately....

Usually when someone around here is quiet, they are up to something....

Old 04-20-2011, 07:58 PM
JPEE

Hey Boys,

Nothing is going on. I was trying to edit down a flight and I think my QuickTime is corrupt. After editing down three times it ran jerky. So I was trying to post the LONG version of 7 min and I ran out of time. I had an old.....91 years old coworker be brought over for us to watch him for the day. So with that said I never got back. But tomorrow morning I'll get it with explanations.

JPEE
Old 04-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Hope everything is okay with your co-worker. Sorry to hear about your QuickTime...did you try using Window's Moviemaker? Did you get the 600 airborne?

James,

Welcome back! Sounds like your getting back into the swing of things with the 450 and 250. Might want to double check the throttle settings for your 250, even go so far as to rebind your rx (don't forget to change to a linear throttle before binding 0 - 100, and change back afterwards).

Glenn,

You need to get a few pictures of this Moose Lodge area your flying at now...I'm trying to imagine houses and stuff and am having a difficult time doing it. [] At least you were able to get some flights in with the 450. Some nice inverted hovers aye? Are you already doing different orientations or circuits? If so then I will be very jealous since I am still trying to get my nose in tacked down.

I did get out this morning with both the mcpx and my 550...it was very nice to have a heli to warm up with. But I have to say this was the first time I was blown away by the difference in POWER between the two. The difference when flying the CPP2 and my 450 Pro was nothing like what I experienced this morning. Wow. But it was a blast and I am getting a bit better with my collective management...with both birds. But it is nice to have that powerplant in the 550 just to throw it any which way I want.

Mark

Old 04-21-2011, 06:43 PM
choppersrule

Hey Mark,

I see ya got the mCPX, congrats on that. Watched your video too, cool flips for sure. Hope the new job and Florida is treating you and the family well.
Thought you might be interested in the Wiki for the mCPX.

Best to ya,

Dave

http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...ite_Blade_mCPX
Old 04-21-2011, 07:48 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Mark,

I'll try to get some pics of the field this weekend, if I remember, and the weather isn't too bad....

Oh noo...no circuits or flight inverted yet....I was just happy because I had some semi-decent inverted hovers for having 6 flights in for the year so far... You can relax...

Cool that you got some flighs in this morning...must be just a tad bit of difference flying the MCP X and then the 550, eh?? [X(]

Dave,

Hi, and thanks for the MCP X Wiki...neat stuff there!

Glenn
Old 04-22-2011, 05:20 AM
Aframomum

Good morning guys,

Hi Dave, its nice to see you stop by every now and then. Yep, having fun with my new blade heli. Thanks for the wiki link, definitely some new stuff to me there.

Glenn,

Looks like you guys are getting some showers moving in your way, hope it doesn't mess with your weekend.

Got a chance to video some of my flights this morning...and in it you'll see just how durable this mCPx is. It is a bit long but is a compilation of three flights.

http://www.vimeo.com/22739753

Mark
Old 04-22-2011, 06:40 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark,

What excellent double video. Your skills are clearly outstanding to make both helis hang inverted and move about. I've you over time fly inverted for a moment, but this video showed your very skilled for that. What a nice why to start day. Cool. And crisp mooring flight.
You proved the MCPX Berlin really can fly well.

Smiles John
Old 04-22-2011, 02:08 PM
choppersrule

Mark,

I watched your recent video of inverted flying with the mCPX and 550, pretty awesome if I may say. You've sure come a long way in a short time. Congrats on that for sure.

Attached is my small collection, a Trex 600, a 500 and the orange canopy one is a Chaos 450. Also you'll see the lastest addition, a Rustler VXL car. Just had to try one.

Also, Rob2160 hangs out on the Trex side of the house below. He's quite a guy, he's an ex Police helicopter pilot and now a private jet pilot. If you ever have a question on the mCPX he's the guy to ask.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...age_144/tm.htm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65600.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1597546  
Old 04-22-2011, 05:57 PM
choppersrule

Mark,

Just a suggestion here, on your last video with the mCP X and T-550, I noticed that as you spooled up the 550 the blades folded back and the heli started to vibrate alittle, until centripical force centered the blades. You may consider tightening the blades a little, just enough so that you could still move them with a flick of your finger.

Dave
Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 PM
evdreamer

James,

That is good you have been getting some more flights in and ordered a new roller for your DX6i.

Glenn,

That is good you were able to practice some inverted hovers again.

Nick
Old 04-23-2011, 02:43 AM
Aframomum

Thanks for the compliments...I'm just excited at the fact that I can now hold the inverted position for more than several seconds. As Nick pointed out some time ago, now it gets interesting.

Dave,

I just knew one of you guys was going to call me out on that loose blade issue on the 550! Don't worry...I have tightened up the one blade since. Nice to be kept on one's toes.

That's a nice collection you've got there...I see Ivan and the group are starting to branch out to RC vehicles too. Is that a plastic models Peacemaker box I see in the background?

Thanks for the info tip on Rob2160...I found that his mCPx settings work the best and am leaving them alone.

JPEE,

Hope the temps have come down a bit for you out there...I remember you mentioning it was already near 100 several weeks ago. [X(]

Nick,

How's school and your finals going? Did you have Friday off (I know some schools did, some did not)?

Mark
Old 04-23-2011, 09:10 AM
JPEE

Hello Boy's,

Happy Pre Easter to everyone!

I tried again this morning to edit down my movie and it's a no go. I tried MM and while it edits, I cannot get the parts I want out without making a mess out of everything so bye bye to the video.

I have bigger fish to fry right now.

If I haven't said it Mark, your inverted flight and hoverying with both helis is great, practice practice practice. With a new one in the house and work I don't know how you find the time. And as

Dave said, your skills have grown very fast, youth I hate you lol. Me "likie" the word "POWERPLANT".........arrrr arrrr arrr.

Hello James, it's great to have you back to the fold. Sounds like you have been busy!

Hey there Glenn, sounds like you got some stick time in, I am always glad to hear that. Good luck over the weekend and I do hope you can sneak in a video or two. I'll tell you guys one thing about

Glenn, he can fly backwards in circles, I've seen it and it's smooth too! Weather: I hope your all safe out there. My friend lives straight down from St. Louie in Arkansas and man that sucker came

through last night. She works the night shift. The lightening was so bad that the plant shut off all of the equipment and they all just sat there. By the time is was time to go home it had settled down

a bit. But she said this morning it is black and storming right now!

Nick, I hope school and the projects are both coming along

I got out yesterday and got two 600-2 flights in without the camera rig. Man that 600 is flies nice. Under powered yes with my old motor stock motor. I was just sport flying and taking it easy. Then on

the second flight I kicked her up to idle-up[. I still staying the sport flying and no loops or anything. I just wanted to fly and relax as much as one can do flying a heli LMAO. Before long everyone showed

up and it got crowded. My fly buddy and I sat and did the BS thing for awhile and then packed it up. The weather here has been weird. Cloudy then some broken blue skies for many days. Last night it

showered for a few minutes then it was gone as quick as it came. Today, is overcast but there is a silver lining. Come Tuesday it is forecasted to be near 80 and clear, YIPPEE.

Everyone is coming here for Easter so I had to pickup all heli stuff and store it as the grand kids will be runing in and out of the garage and yards. Now mind you, they are great kids, 5-10-16 and if gramps

says NO TOUCHIE they won't. But still, it's just better to have it picked up while everyone is here walking around. 600-1 is on a table of it's own so I was able to slide it under the main bench out of the way.

BTW, I got in some fo those cheapie 500 blades and they were like spaghetti (flimzy) so I gave them to my my noob, he only hovers and goes left to right so for him they are good enough. So I looked on the

threads and found a brand new pair of stock Aligns for $40.00 shipped so I took them. Boy are they sweet. They retail for $55.00 at Grand RC plus 10% tax and shipping so it still was a deal of sorts. Heck anytime

I can parts for less than over the counter I feel I got somewhere. This morning I bought a 500 belted tail system complete. We all know that everytime you come down with a TT the repair costs are terrific to say

the least. So I thought a belt system on one 500 would make feel better when I stick my neck out and try and get "fancy shmancy" when flying.

That's it boy's............. play nice out there.

JPEE

PS: You have to click on the pictures. It seems this format of MM stills won't come up by themselves.

Name:	nl28504.png
Views:	21
Size:	635.2 KB
ID:	1597903   Click image for larger version

Name:	ay74114.png
Views:	15
Size:	708.1 KB
ID:	1597904  
Old 04-23-2011, 02:45 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

School is still going good. I have a couple of papers and a computer program to finish up and that is pretty much all the homework I have for the rest of the semester. Finals are in two weeks, so I have some studying to do. My computer program finds all the words in a 20x20 word search. I am almost finished with that. I just need to write a little more code for the diagonal searches. I had to go to school on Friday.

John,

That is good you got some flights in.

Nick
Old 04-23-2011, 05:24 PM
choppersrule

Mark,

On loose blades, I've seen on a 450 size shake so violently on spool up, it acutally bent the main shaft.

I've had my RC car for about a year and enjoy the heck out of it, great for super windy days when flying is out of the question... Ivan just got his Rustler a week or so ago and crashed it twice already.

Yes sir, the plastic model is a Peacemaker, keeps me busy in the winter months and I find it very relaxing too.

JPEE,

The 600 camera bird looks good. It's kinda nice once in awhile to just do a little soft sport flying to take the edge off.

On the belt drive conversion, funny you should mention that. I have a belt conversion for my 600 also, when the TT gear strips, I'm going back to belt. Same with the Chaos 450 and T-500. Right now, everything I have is TT. Eventually it will all be belts again. I flew belts for 5 years or so and never had a belt break, ever.

Later fellas,
Dave

Name:	Sp45364.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	1598097  
Old 04-23-2011, 07:43 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I never did get around to flying today...it was pretty breezy, and a shower on and off...then when I did go down past the Moose lodge, there was a groundskeeper cutting my grass...lol..I figure I'd better make the most of this area, because I am pretty sure it's going to be knocked down and something built there, maybe a school, but I'm not sure...I should look into it more, but there isn't anything I can do about it anyways....

The biggest problem with the field is that where you fly from when you drive up is facing dead west...not a good scenario for flying in the evenings...I guess I could just walk to the far side, and put the sun behind me...we'll see as time goes, and I get more time in there...for now, it will suffice for lunch break flights, which will probably be fairly often as slow as work is lately.

Until I get a few pics, here is a satellite view....hope it comes out OK...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...16469&t=h&z=17

Looks like it came out OK, a bit off center, but it's the Moose lodge there on Brock Bridge road.

That school across the street is awesome to fly at, but....there is almost always someone doing something there...rarely if ever flyable...

There is another place to possibly fly that I have been checking out...actually walked around up there....but it's a bit scary...only ONE WAY in and out...if some undesirable people or animals came up that path, (I'm terrified of stray dogs...) I'd be pretty much trapped...I don't think I'd go there to fly alone....but it is HUGE...all the space you could want...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.016469&z=17

Mark,

Your inverted flights looked great! You have really made a lot of progress in a short time...congrats!

I was quite amazed at the stability of the MCP X in the wind, you can hear the wind in the video buffeting on the mic...but the little bird seems unaffected for the most part! I'm sure it does move it around a bit, but it looks like it held really well in the vid....

Still not an MCP X to be had in this area, I even checked Craig's list...there are a couple on eBay, but new are overpriced, and I don't really want a used one if I can help it....plus, I'd like to support my LHS...so we'll see about it this week...

The MCP X is a durable little thing too....that was a heck of a smack on solid ground, and it just popped a link....what's not to like about that!?? I'm sure that there are times when it'll break more stuff...but that was impressive, back in the air in no time! Try that with the 550..[X(]

JPEE,

Sounds like you've been busy wheelin' and dealin' over there, and the belt tail sounds like a great idea, I love the belt on the SDX, not even the slightest issue with it at all...I have not even had to tighten it yet.

Nice pics of the cam 600! Glad you had some relaxing stick time on it, and just did some sport flying...

Thanks for the compliments on the backwards flight, I'm trying to get back into the swing of that as well...that will take a bit of practice to get where I was...

Nick,

Glad school ending is close...but the exams will be kinda rough...hang in there, 2 more weeks to go!

I have a big test coming up as well...the ASE test is May 12th. I have to recertify in 8 tests....each one is about 40 questions. Last time I took it, in 2006, I got there at about 7:15, and walked out basically brain-dead at nearly midnight...[X(]

This year, I am taking off early the day of the test, and taking the next day off....it's a Friday, so I'll have almost a 4 day weekend....on second thought...maybe I'll take test day off too, and have a 4 day weekend..

Dave,

Glad to see you are having a good time with the RC car...brings back memories for me...I owned and raced them for quite some time on and off years ago...had one of those original gold aluminum tub RC-10's...with the mechanical speed control and the whole bit....

Later on, I got into the 4 wheel drive buggies, racing, and then eventually into the 1/10 scale nitro trucks, back in 1992 when traxxas came out with the "Nitro Hawk"...the truck itself was pretty decent, but the engine was junk...we ended up putting O.S. CZ-R's in them, and then they hauled ass!!

I made the mistake of working at the hobby shop/track, and put so many voluteer hours in, and racing my own stuff, I got completely burned OUT...sold everything, and didn't touch another RC anything until the little INNOCENT AIR HOG at Walmart...and the rest is history!!

I hope to get a couple of flights in at least tomorrow...supposed to be hot, and breezy, then some major thunderstorms...but hopefully I can catch a break in between somewhere...

Glenn
Old 04-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Aframomum

Happy Easter everyone!!

Going to be doing the egg hunt with the little one when I get home this afternoon. It is funny the excited look he gets when he finds an egg (just do the hollow plastic ones for now ). Hope everyone has a nice dinner this evening.

JPEE,

Sorry for all the issues your having with that video...sometimes its just easier to scrap it all and try again.

I laughed so hard with your comment on having to move all the heli stuff out of reach with the grand children coming over...that is a daily event for me. There has been times when I have been working on a heli at night and just left everything scattered about...then forget and when my little man walks in the room in the morning his eyes light up with all the things to grab...and daddy scrammering about frantically getting everything out of little hands reach. So I definitely can relate.

Glad to hear you'll be getting some nice weather moving in your way...good flying temps. Congrats on getting the repairs done on the 600 and already a flight test in.

The blades you got for the 500 that were flimsy...were they the Stealth's? At least you were able to get some decent Align one's for a good deal. It'll be interesting to hear your report on the belt conversion for your 500, esp now that you'll have a side by side comparison to the TT 500.

Nick,

I know your looking forward to finals being over and a bit of a break. Just a little while longer.

Glenn,

Those fields look wide open with plenty of space...the Moose Lodge looks like it has a good open run with no trees in the way...the other field is really large but as you said only one way in and not a good thought of wild dogs or wild humans. [&o] At least you'll be able to get some flying done during your lunch.

Good luck on the recertification tests, they sound brutal if your there most of the day. I too would do a 4-day week...have to have some time to enjoy afterwards.

Hope your LHS gets some mcpx's in soon...I think you'll have a blast with it. They are very durable as my smack test demonstrated. I have to admit my inverted hit a major snag before getting mine...I was practicing on Phoenix quite a bit the past few months but everytime I got my 550 out I could never hold it long before my nerves took over. It was a bit frustrating too. With my mcpx I was able to finally overcome that barrier...it has been a sigh of relief you can't imagine. My goal by the end of this year is to be doing some kind of controlled forward flight...ovals and hopefully figure 8's. That's all I want for Christmas. lol

Mark

Old 04-24-2011, 12:32 PM
choppersrule

Glenn,

I vaquely remember you being into the RC cars, from early posts. Speaking of posts, when I logged in just now, I hit the wrong icon and came up with page 1 of this thread.
You had the second post on this thread, in June of 2008. YIKES!

Good luck on your ASE certification next month. Those can be a brain strain for sure. After I retired from the phone industry, I worked at a Buick dealership in the auto-detail shop.
And I remember the mechanics having to re-certify for their ASE rating, they weren't happy campers about it for the most part.

Take 'er easy,
Dave
Old 04-24-2011, 07:06 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Dave,

Thanks on the good luck wishes on the ASE's... I have never failed one yet (knock on wood) in the 30 years I have been taking it....but I always study beforehand anyways...this year is no exception, I never take them for granted. A lot of times, it's the way they present the question that is more tricky than the actual question itself, you really have to read closely and pay attention...

Yeah, I was #2 on this thread back in the day, behind the original poster, who has I guess has disappeared for good, I have not heard from him in quite some time...but the thread continues to thrive! I think Nick jumped in there soon thereafter...and here we are today! Kinda sentimental,
that is why I was against going to RC Groups or HF, just didn't want to leave this thread I helped start...

Mark,

I will keep an eye on my LHS. I am wondering if I should see if they will reserve one for me, in case they come in, and go out as quick as they get them...maybe I'll ride up there tomorrow and see what they think.

That is good to know that the MPC X has helped alot with your inverted practice, that is the #1 reason I want one....like you, I can hover inverted for a bit...but I still get nervous when it starts to get off in a direction that I'm not comfortable with...and chicken out and flip it back...seems that both you and Rob1260 agree that it helps tremendously with inverted practice...sure is cheaper in the long run than crashing even 450's.....much less 550's...[X(]

I spent most of my heli time today trying to fix my DX6i...I was practicing on the sim last night, and the aileron control felt kinda funny...and it was limp to the right...felt like a spring came off or something. It was too late last night to do anything, so I popped the back off today, and took a look. It's hard to explain exacly, but there is a pin in the gimbal mechanism that fell out....which I later realized was due to the plastic hole that it fits in was cracked and split.

I do believe these gimbal assemblies are NOT user serviceable, at least it's not easy, let's put it that way. I did manage to get the pin back in, and epoxied it with JB weld, which held for all of about 20 seconds...I guess it didn't bond to the plastic well, or the pin...

At any rate, it needs a new gimbal assembly...I don't think HH sells parts for these radios...so it's either send it in, or find a broken DX6i for parts...I did find 2 of them on eBay, but they are bringing more than I was willing to pay ($60+) for just that part.

Any of you guys have a broken DX6i laying around, or know anyone that does, by chance?

I did get a chance to take pics of the field though...

These are the field from driving up to it, where I have been flying from...I'll post the others from the opposite side in the next post to prevent confusion...

Glenn

Name:	Ca80576.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	1598647   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32265.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	1598648   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60679.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	1598649  
Old 04-24-2011, 07:09 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

And here is from the oppsite side, which I like better, the sun would be at my back, and the field seems bigger from this angle...

Also, those markers look like bad news...surveying has been done for some kind of development of that land it looks like...[&o]

Glenn

Name:	Zx70840.jpg
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	1598650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97741.jpg
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	1598651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96642.jpg
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	1598652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32487.jpg
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	1598653  
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

WELL....so much for not buying any new helis this year...

My new MCP X should be here by the end of the week, I hope..got a new one on eBay...had to settle for RTF, but that's OK, they are generally easier to re-sell later on, should the day come to sell it.

I can't wait!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.