Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 07:25 PM
theradioflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

The video is up on Vimeo now! Enjoy

http://www.vimeo.com/7015742

God Bless Y'all!

Jay
Old 10-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Wnuk

OMG Jay! That was Incredible! When you panned it to the wing view you could imagine yourself sitting in the cockpit, it looked that good! Sorry for the mishap but the cub never lost control, she kept right on flying along. I know you'll get her back together good as new. Is there a slight distortion in the forward cockpit glass? The forward view looked a little "fuzzy" yet the side view was crystal clear, just wondering. My Decathlon is that way because of the contour of it.

Jim
Old 10-11-2009, 07:42 PM
theradioflyer

Jim,
Thank-you very much! It's fuzzy because your looking out of the plastic canopy and it's just vacuum formed so it has it's distortions. The side view is clear because I made a latch to hold the window open and the door locks open as well.

I hope all is well and I'll PM you if I get lucky out there in the woods

God Bless Ya,

Jay
Old 10-11-2009, 07:46 PM
9sec240

Awesome video Jay. Hitting the tree was crazy!!! Thankfully you were able to continue.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:48 PM
erkrystof

Jay, that's just awesome. I love it. Even the little tree bounce, which thankfully didn't cause an issue, so it makes the video even that much better! What an excellent perspective to view the video from.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:11 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

Awesome video Jay. Hitting the tree was crazy!!! Thankfully you were able to continue.
Jay, nicest plane ride I've had in a long time, that was awsome....I see you're about peak for color change.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:15 PM
theradioflyer

Thank-you guys very much! It was crazy when I hit that tree. There were a few people that had stopped to watch me fly and after I landed a few guys walked up to see what the damage was. They were astounded to see that the wing was fully intact. I couldn't believe the size of the branch that broke off. I was truly Blessed to have kept on flying and Blessed to have it on video... what an experience!

The true reality is that it seems that my depth perception is starting to fade. Kind of a bad thing but I guess I need to stop pressing the issue on making things "close"[&o] I've enjoyed 34 yrs of good eyes and it looks like I'm starting to "see" a change.

God Bless Y'all,

Jay
Old 10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Thank-you guys very much! It was crazy when I hit that tree. There were a few people that had stopped to watch me fly and after I landed a few guys walked up to see what the damage was. They were astounded to see that the wing was fully intact. I couldn't believe the size of the branch that broke off. I was truly Blessed to have kept on flying and Blessed to have it on video... what an experience!

The true reality is that it seems that my depth perception is starting to fade. Kind of a bad thing but I guess I need to stop pressing the issue on making things ''close''[&o] I've enjoyed 34 yrs of good eyes and it looks like I'm starting to ''see'' a change.

God Bless Y'all,

Jay
My eyes have cause big problems this year (disorientation and CRASHES). My glasses are a year old, they need replaced already....sucks getting old. Never needed glasses till I turned 50 (maybe I needed them sooner...just didn't know it).
Old 10-12-2009, 12:15 AM
J-MICHAEL

Jay ~

That was a crazy video of hitting that branch ! Man what a great video though with the camera panning like that. I think its the best one(s) I've ever seen yet to this day ?? Amazing stuff.... There really is no limits for you huh ?! [8D] Crazy.... Now was that the Piper Cub replica of your grandfathers by chance ? If so, and he watched that, I bet he clenched his heart when ya smacked into that tree....! And then ya just keep flying like it ain't no big thang !! [8D] LMAO.... You crack me up.....

Yeah the Rivers here on the Peninsula open up here on the 16th for Salmon, so like you I'll be sloshing around in the waters, while you'll be treading the forest ! [8D] It may become quiet here for awhile ! But I can't wait....... [8D] Its gonna be colder than a mother, but I walk the rivers and its always just pure forest and mountains with no one around, and so I usually have a campfire going right there on the River to keep warm when I do find a good hole. That's my domain..........

Take care Jay-bird,

~ Jeff
Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: erkrystof

Darn it, Jay, now I'm gonna be stuck hitting refresh on that puppy until it's ready!

So... I tried the hatcam today when I went over to my parents to bake apple pies. The video caught too much of the window so the lighting was horrible, but I may post it for the audio reaction of my parents. Mom was warning me to take it off before my father had a heart attack he was laughing so hard. :P They just weren't expecting me to walk in with a third eye on my head, but in the end he's all about it, and looks forward to trying it out.

Jim, I'll gladly take a reference to rube, I get suckered into all those videos online when I see them, and one of my FAVORITE games when I was a kid was that mouse-trap game, anyone remember that?

Dave, thanks for the compliments. I wouldn't be able to make any of those things without learning what I have here from you guys.

Jeff, I can see where it looks a little tail heavy, but glad there wasn't any damage on that puppy, looks like a cool little flyer.

A friend of mine I met in Omaha who trucks all around the country and stops by local hobby shops in whatever town he's in at the time sent me a crap ton of plans and links to depron and what not. I think if our combat jets go well I might try to make a jet-like pusher-prop setup. DAMN IT ALL AND THE INFINITE POSSIBILITIES!

Take care, all!
Erik

In feb my 1st combat foamie(wussie never saw combat before he died) got me hooked on scratchbuilt foamies, here is where I look for foamie plans [link]http://www.rcgroups.com/foamies-scratchbuilt-428/[/link]
Old 10-12-2009, 08:57 AM
erkrystof

ORIGINAL: Oracus

Erik

In feb my 1st combat foamie(wussie never saw combat before he died) got me hooked on scratchbuilt foamies, here is where I look for foamie plans [link]http://www.rcgroups.com/foamies-scratchbuilt-428/[/link]

Kyle...

Some good and bad things about your link...

A. It's got a lot of plans and some great stuff!

B. I will now waste much productivity at work because of it!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Oracus

Erik

Kyle...

I guess thats the good part of working for the Government I got the day off Thanks Columbus day
Old 10-12-2009, 11:13 AM
crashcrash

Erik

Kyle...

I guess thats the good part of working for the Government I got the day off Thanks Columbus day
LMAO...you didn't get that day off in the Army though.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Oracus

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

Erik

Kyle...

LMAO...you didn't get that day off in the Army though.
Ok "State Government" LOL I probable had the day of when I was in the Army but we were always deployed so no days off unless you got block leave.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:50 PM
J-MICHAEL

Here was one of my flights on Sunday morning testing to see how the T-450 flew after my last bad crash and bending the boom back again, the flybar, and the main rotor head... I had to also glue back the boom going into the plastic boomblock, and I see there is a bad main bearing (topside) that I need to replace. I also CA'd and fiberglassed resined the plastic tail rotor blade grip wrapped also in some nylon fishing line that had broke from the last crash as you saw from the pics. Its been holding up fine so far... So all in all, from my recent last bad crash, the crash costed me only about $5.00... [8D] Whatever it takes....

There's still many other small things that are getting tired and weak with this 2 year old Trex than what I listed, but she still is a flyer, and still a good trainer ! Go Align....! [8D] This is using a different set-up than I normally have ran and you can see that in the description on the You-Tube video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BFwmksyEZ0

Old 10-12-2009, 03:09 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Here was one of my flights on Sunday morning testing to see how the T-450 flew after my last bad crash and bending the boom back again, the flybar, and the main rotor head... I had to also glue back the boom going into the plastic boomblock, and I see there is a bad main bearing (topside) that I need to replace. I also CA'd and fiberglassed resined the plastic tail rotor blade grip wrapped also in some nylon fishing line that had broke from the last crash as you saw from the pics. Its been holding up fine so far... So all in all, from my recent last bad crash, the crash costed me only about $5.00... [8D] Whatever it takes....

There's still many other small things that are getting tired and weak with this 2 year old Trex than what I listed, but she still is a flyer, and still a good trainer ! Go Align....! [8D] This is using a different set-up than I normally have ran and you can see that in the description on the You-Tube video :

Jeff..LMAO. You push WAY harder than I.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:35 PM
theradioflyer

Jeff,
That bad bearing makes one heck of a weird noise[X(] I can't wait to see some pictures of those Salmon. Take the webbie along and get some in water video! Of course don't get it wet! LMAO!

Blessings,

Jay
Old 10-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Oracus

Jeff, Jay

Good videos! Glad the Cub is fixable and came in on its own power. Jeff That thing flys like my missing Skyfly LOL just as tuff.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Oracus

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

[X(] man that thing was seriously movin, what are you running in your heli's now "Crack"
Old 10-12-2009, 06:57 PM
choppersrule

Kyle,

I watched Jeff's video too, that Heli isn't on Crack... Jeff is on Crack.. You have to be a nut case to fly at that speed. Lol !

Jeff,

Very well done, I will reiterate here, I TOLD YA SO! Anytime you're in the Indianapolis area, stop by the Choppers Mansion so I can, just slap the crap out of ya. [sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif] [8D] Sometimes, I just crack myself up.. LMFAO !
Power naps are good, I know you don't sleep alot,, Thomas Edison never slept... Just Power Naps.. He did okay too..

Vic,

I think Jeff knows, but tomorrow will tell the tale.. Us Mafia guys never forget.. He's in for a tuff go... I'll get 'em.[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Jay,

I watched the SWIVEL CAM several times, you've done an excellent job on that puppy. I seen ya down there on the ground with the Blue Jeans and Red Shirt.. Great camera ya got. The plane didn't seem to really mind, when you hit the tree top. Sorry to hear that you may be having problems with your eyes, take care of that ASAP.. Liz is having some bad problems with her eyes and may have to have surgery in the next few weeks. I feel very blessed, I'm 63 as you know and don't wear glasses. Must be a Mafia thing.

Later guys, I'll let ya know tomorrow if the crate comes in.[X(][X(][X(]

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 10-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Oracus

Just to let you know some of my projects(non-heli)I took some pics You can look too Erik!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60479.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	1293657  
Old 10-12-2009, 07:55 PM
crashcrash

Just to let you know some of my projects(non-heli)I took some pics You can look too Erik!!
Pretty cool. Masking tape on the carpet? Must'a fell off your CP-Pro.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Oracus

few more
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn38044.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1293661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35056.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1293662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45308.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1293663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ya55340.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1293664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fe14162.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1293665  
Old 10-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Oracus

LOL the tape is for the dartboard on the wall. If it belonged to the Pro its long gone tape and all
Old 10-12-2009, 08:21 PM
crashcrash

LOL the tape is for the dartboard on the wall. If it belonged to the Pro its long gone tape and all

Hey....I noticed that you color the planes with a "magic marker" (LMAO). You can buy water based acrylics at Wal Mart for $0.99 ea, any color in the rainbow. I use the foam paint brushes to apply the paint....works great. Just paint enough to get solid color....then stop. May take 2-3 coats to get it, but it don't add a lot to the weight. If you need a high gloss finish, any product like future floor wax over the paint works good, and you use those same foam brushes to apply the wax, everything cleans by water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.