Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:51 PM
D_wilbur
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Thanks for the info I will check that the wheel is centered. The gear door closes all the way. The spring hinges work freely and the door is centered in the fuse. I have a medium size air tank and adding a 2nd one in the nose. With the 1 tank it would only cycle 3 or 4 times at 100psi.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Hellcat716
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the doors are binding. Disconnect the doors from the lever and they should flop open. I had several ball links that I had to replace because they were to tight and would not allow the doors to flop open. After replacing the ball links, I could get several more cycles out of my medium air tank. I get about ten cycles now. How many cycles do you get if you disconnect the doors? If you do not get any more cycles with the doors disconnected then the doors are not the problem. Hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:08 AM
MLDELARUELLE

All,
Anyone tried another retracts than robart ?
I see the Eurokit one. The air is used to get up the gears.
A spring in each retract down them automaticaly when you cut the pressure.

Regards
ML
Old 01-30-2008, 01:04 PM
fytrjok

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ML,
I'd think twice before I installed a "spring down" type of retract. Remember, the wheel and strut are coming down and foreward into the slipstream. Unless you have a VERY strong spring the mains will have a difficult time locking and you'll end up landing on collapsing gear. Ask me how I know this.....

Doug
Old 01-31-2008, 02:14 PM
fytrjok

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Since my TF B25 is done and has flown, I was motivated to refurbish my old Wing Mfg. B25. It's been stripped, fixed, sanded and I got the new (KMP) cowls mounted last night. I also received the full cockpit kit from dbalsa.com and replacement "glass" parts from Quick Tech Hobby. WOW! the replacement canopies are awesome. I wish Top Flight clear parts were as high quality. Absolutely clear and about twice as thick. Not bad pricing either...about $80 for nose glass, main canopy, top gun turret, side gunner windows and tail canopy. I also got a pair of deflectors for the top turret. I'd finish it as a Doolittle Raider but the multiple exhaust fairings on the cowls don't fit the period. Rats!

Doug
Old 01-31-2008, 04:06 PM
europatc74
My Feedback: (6)

Finished installing the Med air tank in the fuselage. What a difference. Would strongly suggest installing the Med tank even If you have already installed the smaller tank for Piece of Mind.. Use the Templates for the fuselage mounts supplied by Krprotron or go to Topflite site. Just takes a while longer to pump up the system but for what I've put into this airplane it's worth it..............
Old 01-31-2008, 08:29 PM
beat098

krypton, where is the pivot cup for the nose gun in the kit?
Old 01-31-2008, 10:58 PM
danrc2

anyone who use nelson hobby hinges for their bomb bay doors, how did you get the to stick. i used a medium CA but its not holding the way i want them to. any suggestions??????????????

thanks
dan
Old 02-01-2008, 09:07 AM
krproton

ORIGINAL: beat098

krypton, where is the pivot cup for the nose gun in the kit?
Hi beat.

I don't know where the pivot cup is packaged. As you know, there are a lot of bags in this kit! It's probably in with the rest of the other injection-molded, painted parts of the nose-gunner cockpit/pilot's cockpit. Or maybe it's in with the machine gun parts.

Tim
Old 02-01-2008, 09:16 AM
europatc74

Trying to deside what to do about a remote safety ignitor. Recessed or fixed cap etc. Were to put it. Single or double etc. Anyone have pics of there setup they would like to share??
Old 02-03-2008, 06:32 PM
D_wilbur

I checked out the centering of my nose gear, it is centered. what I found out is that my nose gear was twisting when the wheel bumped the gear door and was jambing up. I bent the wires that holds the wheel straight and know the nose gear works smothly. Thanks krypton
Old 02-03-2008, 11:46 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

well look at what my daughter and her hubby found tonight. yes 4 in leg span! fort polk Louisiana yes shes a recluse!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66240.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	869569  
Old 02-04-2008, 09:31 AM
dthomp8007

Well my kit arrived from TH with some damage so they are sending me out a new kit. I had two wing panels with 3 inch long dents and 3 dents on the top fuselage just fwd of the white stripes. I guess it really doesnt matter since I cant really start putting it together since Robarts retracts are on backorder. I guess I will spend my time emailing TF about building a GIANT F4U ARF!!!!!!

Happy flying everyone

Devin
Old 02-04-2008, 09:54 AM
norm

I cannot beleive that there is no descent F4U ARF from a reputable company like Top Flite. H9 make one, it flys well but lacks a lot of detailing...and no flaps. How many are we waiting for this to happen? Answer Enough to make this a profitable decision for TF. The same with this TF B-25 always on B/O and accessories on B/O must indicate some interest for a model that cost and guts restrictive for modelers ....
Old 02-04-2008, 09:56 AM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

pin the hinges in with model railroad or dollhouse brads! I know what you mean as they did take a while to set up. remeber never open them at full speed throttle back. I have a few gaps on my lt door and will take care of it later. The holes in the hinges are for the brads.
Now you may run into the same issue i did that the top of the brads hit and the doors wont close all the way. I carefully used a dremel cutting wheel and ground down the top of the brads. The a drop of thin ca and now its fine except for a small area i need to reinforce
Old 02-04-2008, 10:11 AM
krproton

ORIGINAL: dthomp8007

Well my kit arrived from TH with some damage so they are sending me out a new kit. I had two wing panels with 3 inch long dents and 3 dents on the top fuselage just fwd of the white stripes. I guess it really doesnt matter since I cant really start putting it together since Robarts retracts are on backorder. I guess I will spend my time emailing TF about building a GIANT F4U ARF!!!!!!

Happy flying everyone

Devin
Hi Devin.

I'm waiting for the Robart retracts too (for my second B-25!). They are due in today. I would be glad if they came in any time this week.

Tim
Old 02-04-2008, 10:17 AM
danrc2

thanks tim,
i did use meduim ca and t-pin. i will give it another try.

thanks
dan
Old 02-04-2008, 05:32 PM
europatc74

Krprotron, any idea if TF received any replacement front gunner canopy glass. I have one on order as a replacement. Thanks Dave.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:35 PM
D_wilbur

I have started molding a nose piece for my B-25 I was going to up load pic's having trouble.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68802.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	870315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52715.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	870316  
Old 02-04-2008, 10:38 PM
dthomp8007

ORIGINAL: krproton

Happy flying everyone

Devin
Hi Devin.

I'm waiting for the Robart retracts too (for my second B-25!). They are due in today. I would be glad if they came in any time this week.

Tim
Hey Tim,

Yah when I called Robart last week they said they hoped they would be in by 2-8 and over to Tower with in a day or two. I guess everything will be coming on the same day. My replacement B-25 will be here Wed.

Question for you.... With as many of us that you hear asking (sometime begging) for a TF F4U Giant ARF/ARC do you pass that up the line at TF that people on the forums would like to see that ASAP?

Thanks Tim

Devin
Old 02-05-2008, 12:05 AM
sevans16

Good news on retracts, I have my bird in the box still. Waiting on retracts and need to buy one more OS 81.

I would also like to see a Corsair Giant Scale ARF offered, I have the kit on standbye. I know if I ever build it there will be an arf version annouced soon after.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:47 AM
norm

I have my retracts since 10/07 and just received my 4 inch 10 spoke aluminium wheels with the disk brakes and variable air brake switch from robart. I have been waiting for this since 10/07!! Just got to be patient. A little heavier then I thought but will be great and controlled with the variable switch on the side of the X9303. I'm using the air fron the small airtank positioned in the noze. Great add on to this plane and will enable shorter landing rolls at 22 lbs. Who knows I might save the noze! I have practically all the gizmos possible in there now, only missing lights. Landing lights will be activated by the gear down actuating a switch and the nav lights switched on the ground, no more channels!

Normand.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:06 AM
krproton

ORIGINAL: krproton

Happy flying everyone

Devin
Hi Devin.

Tim
Hey Tim,

Yah when I called Robart last week they said they hoped they would be in by 2-8 and over to Tower with in a day or two. I guess everything will be coming on the same day. My replacement B-25 will be here Wed.

Question for you.... With as many of us that you hear asking (sometime begging) for a TF F4U Giant ARF/ARC do you pass that up the line at TF that people on the forums would like to see that ASAP?

Thanks Tim

Devin

Hi Devin.

Yesterday, our buyer for Robart (that buys from Robart for Hobbico) informed me that there is a small shipment of B-25 gear in our receiving area, but it is not enough to cover all of the back-orders. But there is supposed to be another shipment here next week. (That means I can't get mine until then because customer orders take priority over employee orders!)

About the Corsair (giant-scale ARF), I don't know who've I've told this to already, but to me, it is a "no-brainer" that we come out with one--and thanks for your insistance and inquiry!

I'll email the product manager with a link to this post--that's about all I can do. There will be a giant Corsair ARF in the future, but I just can't say (and don't know) when.

Tim

Old 02-05-2008, 03:44 PM
LearnedInUk
My Feedback: (29)

No to jump a thread but on the giant size ARF's check out [link=http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/Warbirds.htm]Troy Built[/link], they will be bringing a bunch of them to market this year.

BTW I love the B-25, it looks fantastic
Old 02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
dthomp8007

A little off topic but you all need to see this!!!!!!!!!!! All I could say is Abort!!!!!!! you dont fly jet's this close to people.

http://rcuvideos.com/item/BPLQZH36S2WGV24Z

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.