Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 06:36 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Well the PC fahrenheit didn't work on the pipe. It kind of turned to a mud substance when the fuel got to it and never cured. I put some on my regulator where the wires come out though. The wires started rubbing on the circuit board, so this should stop them from rubbing any more. I decided to get some high temp RTV like Bobby Watts used and that was much easier to apply, but that ruins my flying today with the Velocity.[&o]
Old 05-21-2011, 08:06 AM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

Man I a really sorry to hear about your bad day/morning. Can't you fly anything else in your hanger?

Glenn,

We saw the weather for Baltimore and it supposed to be PERFECT for you. I hope you and Rob have a wonderful and and everything comes home whole.

John,

He is not flying today, a big wedding so the day and evening are shot. Tomorrow too for the after wedding brunch. But..... he almost

never flys on the weekends because the field is so busy anyway.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:25 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Sorry the PC Fahrenheit didn't work out for you...I also use a thin film of RTV on the flange of the pipe to the engine on the SDX...I havn't had any exhaust leaks so far with it.

Sorry it ruined your flying day[&o]

JPEE,

Enjoy your wedding, and evening activities...

Well, I went to the Moose lodge an hour before I was going to meet Rob there, and all looked good....

When we got there at 3PM, the lawn mowing crew was there... I guess somebody is paying to have the grass mowed, which is nice of them to do for my flying field...

Anyways, it was wait, or check somewhere else, and we got super lucky, no one was at the large school field across the street, so we went there instead, it's a much larger field.

It was a bit on the windy side, to be sure...especially for the small aircraft we had....Rob brought his entire plane collection I think...lol...he must have had 8 planes there, some of which were pretty cool, the best one I thought was "The Beast" a small foam bi wing plane with a BL motor and lipo...that little thing flew really well...he also brough his 2 MCPX's (said he left his 3rd one at home...[X(]) He did really well with his, he's definitely got the smooth collective management going on....

I flew mine a few times....we both ended up crashing, I broke the tailbox on mine, where it attaches to the boom...maybe because the solid rod is so strong... and Rob crashed his big....lost it from way high, wind blew the tail out, and it hit pretty hard, broke the frame, mashed the canopy, and broke the swash...still, not bad considering how hard it hit.

I flew one pack in the 450....before...guess who shows up??? The LAWN MOWER MAN.... That was after about 2 hours though, and we were pretty much ready to go anyways.

All in all, a very fun day....had a great time and it was very relaxing, I didn't have any of the "performance anxiety" as Rob put it (well put) of going to MHA and flying in front of those guys....

Hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend!

Glenn
Old 05-21-2011, 07:57 PM
evdreamer

John,

I ended up taking the 450 and the 600 to the field, but I really wanted to fly the Velocity. I had a good time. A lot of people showed up, since it was nice outside. I got the confidence to open the throttle up on my backwards inverted hurricanes. On my 450 I almost went full throttle on the hurricane and some thing I wasn't expecting happened. The tail blew out on me and luckily I regained control.

Glenn,

That is good you had fun flying with Rob. I ended up crashing today too. I crashed my 450 and it was all pilot error. I flipped it to do an inverted move and the heli just dropped. I forgot to put it into idle up. It landed in a puddle of water since it rained a lot the day before. It looks like the spindle and the main gear are shot. There was a lot of water coming out of the battery, but it didn't look shorted.

I tried some tic tocs like Bert gave hints on how he does it and mine looked a lot better. I just need my helis to flip faster.

Nick
Old 05-21-2011, 10:57 PM
evdreamer

I went through my 450 and it was pretty much what I thought. I found some parts that were worn down, so I had to order some new ones and I already had the main parts that broke. I really enjoyed flying my 600 today, but it needed some more punch. It is now going 12S LiPo. The cool thing is all my electronics will work with it.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:01 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Hope you enjoyed the wedding and all the festivites. Any chance of getting some flights in this week?

Nick,

Arrrgh, that darn idle up switch...sorry to hear of the 450 crash. Glad it wasn't all that bad.

Looks like you got your Velocity back...I had to quickly look up what the heck a hurricane was but saw the explaination on the RCHeli website (and remembered seeing some of the guys at the field do them)...congrats on going to full power on yours. I have always thought of that as one of the more graceful maneuvers seeing the heli nearly on its side going in a large oval track.

Your going to have a monster on your hands with that 12S 600.

You forgot to include your 450 in your signature.

Glenn,

I see you had a terrific day yesterday...I bet it was a lot of fun.

You do have an issue with 'The Lawnmower Man'...he seems to show up wherever you fly and at the most unexpected times. At least you guys were able to get most of your flying in before he made his presence.

So how was the school field...any chance that may be an alternative on the weekends if the Moose Lodge falls through? Sorry to hear of the crashes...they actually sounded bad by the damage descriptions. Isn't it a major difference going from the mcpx to your 450? It just amazes me the amount of power in our bigger birds that we take for granted. Funny that Rob has 3 [X(] mcpx's...he must have an inside guy at Horizon.

No flying for me this weekend...my wife had off this weekend so we ran over to Disney yesterday and are grilling out tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,

Mark
Old 05-22-2011, 06:41 AM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

Mark,

It is always nice to be with the family first then heli and such. Mummmmm grilling, John likes grilling!

The back yard wedding was awsome! These are friends of 20 years (him) and she chased him on the freeway 15 years to see

this good looking guy. Then they lost touch for 10 years, but after re-finding eachother they have been together now for 5 years.

It is a true love story not to get to mushy. About 150 people must in ties and his home has a back yard to rival few, it is gorgeous!

Today it back to the best mans house for an afternoon of grub and chatting with old friends that came in for the wedding.

Nick,

I am glad you got to fly the 450 and the 600 your trusty standby heli's. Dang-it on that putty not holding but it sounds like Glenn has

the proven fix.

Glenn,

Well it is good to hear that worst part of your day was the lawn mower guys overall. Rob must have really planned of have a 200%

day to bring a great deal of his hanger out there. Sorry about the crashes, thats never fun but at least it is with the smaller helis. A

guy at the field, in fact two of them have those Beasts, holy cow can they do stunts and........... can drift right down to a landing without

the motor too.

John

No flying until next Tuesday to Wednesday if the weather comes back, we are in June Gloom again and the possibel drizzles again for two

day. No worries though, I need to finish the 600-2. The main frame is done and loaded. I had to make a repair to the boom tail case which

I will post later which might be helpful to others. But I need to plug in the boom and slip the head in and we are talking "test flight".

Godda go now, Judy is walking for Alzhiemer's this morning for her sister so I have to take her.

have a great rest of your weekend boys.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:02 PM
choppersrule

Hi Fellers,

Just checking in if you will. Been pretty busy after my dads passing. We'll be moving his belongings from Portage IN, to Greenwood, IN, this Tuesday. About a 340 mile round trip, Liz (wife) and I decided to hire a moving company, this old guy can't be moving heavy furniture anymore, I don't want to risk any back or any other injuries. Then in a week or so, we'll meet with dads lawyers to finalize the Living Trust. It's truly unbelievable how much is involved when someone passes away.

On a brighter note, I did finally get outside to fly the mCPX a couple times. This thing is a blast for sure, loops and inverted are a piece of cake, and the nice thing is you aren't concerned about crashing, it's so tuff to begin with, and not to expensive to fix. Especially when you consider the cost of a 500 or 600 size mishap. YIKES!

However, LOL!, I was practicing in the basement and manage to slam right into my filing cabinet in the computer room. (Note to self: Don't do piros in the house) It was the haunting experience of the swashplate ball breaking off. Holy Cow! What to do, what to do... I think I'll do as Mark did, and purchase the CNC swashplate that MH sells.

Most of you know I live in Greenwood, In, about 12 miles south of Indianapolis. Being a life long resident of Indiana, I can rest assure that the weather here just absolutely sucks. Today it rained at least 7 times.. 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there. I did get the RC car out today too. I'll sit on the front porch and run it up and down the street a little ways, then across the street to the neighbors yards and driveways.

Almost time for my popcorn, catch ya around,
Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59321.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	1613149  
Old 05-22-2011, 07:17 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

My 450 was a shelf queen for a long time, so I took it out of my signature. I might put it back in.

I went flying again today. I went through a gallon trying to get used to tuning by smoke and sound. I still have a long ways to go, but I am getting better. Today I started with the recommended settings in the manual and that ended up being very lean for 80 degrees. With two tanks of fuel left I got a pretty good setting and had fun flying around. It was really windy, so I was fighting that too. The RTV worked great and I didn't see any leaks. My last flight of the day I took the 600 up and it tipped over when I did a very short auto. It looks like the main blades are the only thing that broke.

I want my Velocity to be more agile, so I setup the head in the advanced settings this evening. Hopefully I will have time this week to test it out.

John,

That is good you enjoyed the wedding.

Dave,

That is good you got to fly the mCP x some.

Sorry it has been raining a lot there.

Nick
Old 05-23-2011, 06:23 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

That is cool that you are doing better at the inverted backwards hurricanes, those look really cool when they are done well for sure...I've seen Bert do some in person, and it's really impressive...he makes it look so easy!

Sorry to hear about your 450...I did the exact same thing last year, in front of about 4 guys at MHA, I went inverted, with no idle up....it was a bit embarrassing for sure... I didn't end up in a puddle, but it was a $60 crash on a 450, it wasn't pretty....things usually get pretty ugly when you go in inverted...lol...

Glad the RTV held for you. Did you use the orange hi-temp stuff?

Wow, the 600 will come alive for sure with some 12S packs! Lighter, and a whole lot more power too!

Hope you get the 450 rebuilt soon.

Good luck on the Velocity advanced settings. Hope you learned some on engine tuning with your last gallon, it certainly takes time to learn...and a few burned up engines, ask anyone who's been doing it a long time...lol...I've seen quite a few smoked RC truck engines...

JPEE,

Sounds like you had a really great time with the wedding, the cookout, and seeing old friends! It's good to take a break from the helis for some family time, for sure.

Hope your weather is better for this week's flying.

Good luck on 600-2....

Dave,

Good to see you back!

Good luck on moving dad's stuff, and finalizing all the details, it sounds like a lot of work and stress. Hope it all goes well, and yeah, let the moving guys do all that heavy lifting for sure!

Sounds like you are having fun with the MCPX, they are a blast....sorry though about the swash ball....it's amazing how different crashes break different stuff...I have yet to break a swash, yet have bent 3 feathering shafts....

I was watching qualifying for the Indy 500, I can relate to what you are going through with the weather, it was a crazy day there, it must drive those teams and drivers crazy...but it's all part of the 500...you can never prepare or predict Indy!

Mark,

We got really lucky on the school field being open...that is extremely rare. I drove by yesterday, and both fields were full of soccer games...so no, the school field is not a very reliable backup....unless, of course, I got up at the crack of dawn to fly like some people...[X(] Which ISN"T happening!!

Yeah, the good thing about learning to flip and fly inverted is that it makes it much easier on the bigger (relatively speaking....450) helis with more power, and stability. The MCPX is amazing for it's size, but my 450 is much more stable inverted...as you know.

Yeah, Rob has a lot of disposable income....got a great job...and he loves the hobby, so that is what he does...he admitted though, that he kinda went overboard on the MCPX's...

That is great that you had a Disney/cookout weekend, sounds like a great time!

Glenn
Old 05-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Aframomum

Dave,

Glad to have you back...sounds like your slowly getting through these tough times. At least you have your family right there by your side to help you along.

I see you also got to experience the dreaded 'weak link' in the Eflight swash. The microheli one is stronger but unfortunately all that force during a crash will have to go somewhere and to the servo it probably will go. If I ever wind up damaging a servo (and have to replace it) then I'll incorporate some kind of S/Z bend into it...the guys on Helifreak played around with various shapes and came up with some good ones...but all of them required the removal of the servo in order to do it. I'm just lazy I guess and just want to fly and not piddle around with it right now.

BTW, the story of you running your RC car down your driveway and up your neighbors all the while sitting on your porch sounds very relaxing...and fun too. Guess you have to make sure there is no traffic coming down the street.

Popcorn...what about the big plastic bin of cheez puffs???

JPEE,

What I wouldn't do for some refreshing rain right about now. We are in a drought right now...kinda sick to see all the yards a dead brown color. Still trying to get used to this Florida weather...dry season, rainy season. They say in June when the hurricane season begins it will rain almost everyday...usually in the late afternoon and only for 15-30 minutes worth...then clears right back up. Very weird and still trying to get used to it...but all the locals say its perfectly normal.

Glad the backyard wedding worked out...I know it can be chancy to plan such events outside as you really are at the mercy of MotherNature. But it sounds like it turned out beautifully.

Nick,

Sounds like your mudding through engine tuning...on planes it sounds much easier...just run it to full throttle and make your high end adjustments by the sound. Never imagined doing it by the look of the smoke. I guess you can't run the engine to full on the ground aye...without the blades engaging? And what are these advanced head settings your talking about? Is it anything like the new 600 head where you have different positions on the main grip for the links?

Ouch, 600 blades. Sorry to hear of the tipover. []

One of my earlier mcpx crashes was b/c I tried a flip while being in normal mode. And yeah, that resulted in one of my 2 replaced swashes.

Glenn,

Well, it was wishful thinking about the school. Maybe no construction will start this year at the Lodge.

I wish I would start taking my 550 out a bit more but for now I am just finding it more convenient (and practical) to just take the mcpx. I'm sure in the coming months I'll start getting the 550 out more but for now the mcpx will do.

Disney was fun...it is tourist season so things do get packed but my son always has a good time going so it's worth it.

Mark

Old 05-23-2011, 10:11 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I am using some red high temp RTV.

Mark,

The engine would probably over rev if the blades weren't engaged.

There are more things to adjust on the Outrage head besides the blade grips. The washout arms, flybar cage, mixing arms, blade grips, and the flybar paddles all have different spots to attach the ball links. In the manual there is a list of where everything should be attached for 3 basic settings. There is a beginner, intermediate, and advanced settings. I was flying with the intermediate setting. It had stable flight characteristics, but I had to max the cyclic out to get it to flip some what fast. It wasn't fast enough for me, so I am hoping these settings will speed things up. I like my settings to be sensitive and not having to move the sticks very much to get a lot of movement.

Nick
Old 05-24-2011, 08:25 AM
JPEE

Hello Dave,
We were watching the news this morning and it looks like you are in for it again! Sorry to see the MCPX in a state of brokeness. Looks like you too will have to get yourself CNCed to with a new swash-plate to alleviate this problem in the future. I see your a thinker, and while the weather allows you've got your RC racer out for some exercise in the yard, sounds like great fun.
Regarding your dads place, I really have to give an adda-boy for not trying to tackle more than you can handle by attempting to move all of the stuff yourself and with the help of friends, the movers were the right ticket for sure. It sucks at our station in life that these (I can't do this anymore) tasks arise, they kind of smack ya in the face and say you are getting old. Me........ I look at as I am getting smarter and letting the young whips carry the load LMAO.
With more storms coming you better keep plenty of Spam and water and pop corn down there in basement and be ready for the "rapture", oh! I meant.... the next powerful storm. And in closing Dave, remember do everything with a smile on your face as you do.

Nick,
It is good to hear you got the Velocity out and ran some fuel through that puppy. I hope the break in period went well. Great news on the pipe and that the RTV is holding well for you too.
OBTW, pull the 450 off the shelf and fly her some, with your skills I'll bet she get out there and move!

Glenn,
This is your new credo, "NO CRACK-OH-DAWN FLIGHTS" for me, lol. Glenn, at least you guys did get some flying in and got to jaw a bit together got for the day and that is a great thing to do to.

Mark,
That is great news that the little feller had fun on the Disney trip, that's what is all about right!
It sounds so weird that you're in a drought condition state there. When you think of Florida you think bugs, rain, humidity, and thongs, but not brown and dry dead landscaping.
I am hoping for you that the weather changes soon and that you can get the 550 out for a stretch of her wings so to speak. A question for real, I was talking to a guy who spent some time in Florida and he said for the most part residential pools have to be enclosed with screening or glass walls like a sun room to keep the skeeters out, what say you on that point? We watch that TV "House Hunters" from time to time and have seen those enclosures??
John has been under the gun with other things and unable to work on the 600 or fly. The sun came out today and it is suppose to be 77 after days of gray cold cloudy skies. Perhaps tomorrow might be a fly day.
That is all, 10-4 roger and out
Old 05-24-2011, 05:51 PM
JPEE

Guys,

I have to make a confession, I bought the whole banana today. I got the GoPro HD Motorsports camera package and.................. the "backpack" LCD screen that snaps on to the new 1080 camera's only!

I have been researching this now for two months and doing my due-diligence on the camera itself, pricing, and warranty! I have called on several used like new ones and they say the same thing, I bought

this for a "2 to 5 day shoot" and don't need it anymore. And when asked for receipts, time left on the warranty, the line went cold. You have to wonder, GoPro will give you a refund in the first 30 days,

Costco 90 days, Bestbuy 14 days, so why buy used (in my opinion) for little less that a new one. So here is the bottom line.

1. I found the camera NEW for 144.00! on the web and his customer rating was only 94%. I read the complaints and did not want to deal with them. Because there are Knock-off's for GoPro's out there I needed

a trusting name and............... somebody I can deal with as opposed to some yokal in 'somewhere USA"

2. What I bought is from Amazon LLC themselves! ! ! so if I have any issues they will be easier to deal with then some joker in "somewhere " in the USA.

3. FREE shipping!

4. No sales tax

The retail price's at GoPro are:
$299.99 Camera
$ 79.99 LCD backpack screen
$378.99
+ 36.95 sales tax
$415.94

$415.94 Retail
-$302.00 My cost delivered Amazon
$113.94 Savings to me, YIPPEE !

It should arrive in a week, more to come once I get my hands on the little bugger.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wt59059.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1614184   Click image for larger version

Name:	fa85432.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1614185  
Old 05-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Scotts CP

JPEE,
You are going to love that camera! I have had the first run non-HD camera for use on my quads, dirt and street bikes. I bought the HD camera last year and it has a spectacular picture compared to the old camera.
The picture is so good many action type TV shows are using them every where imaginable. They are thrown into the North Pacific on a hook to grab crab pots on “Deadliest Catch†to riding with all kinds of motorsports stuff to every thing else in between. This is an extremely versatile little camera and now that you know what they look like you will often see them used on all kinds of action type programs.

One word of advice, if you use the 720 60FPS setting on the camera instead of the available 1080 30FPS you will get a better/smoother action picture and use less room on the card. Still a huge file though!

You will not regret your purchase on such a versatile and powerful HD camera,
Scott

PS, the backpack display was not around when I bought mine. What a great way to review your action in the field!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:27 AM
JPEE

Hello Scott and welcome to our Forum here! We have a basic group of 4 that have been together for 3.5 years.

We know our informational help to each other is right on the money and can be trusted.

Regarding the camera, thank you for all your input. I was aware of the HD 720 60 fps and that's why I bought it, none

of their lesser models like the 960 have that choice. Also, the other important fact for me is the "backpack" screen,

again only adapable on that model meaning the HD 1080 and with that now you have a view finder. I have been using a

Panasonic Luminx but it has auto focus and can go in and out sometimes if it loses the object in the middle of the

screen and cannot not be turned off! There's $245 down the drain. Now we use around the house or on vacations

as it is great for that. Here is a to my first two attempts. NOTE, the music is the same, so your not looking at the

same video lol: [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_lW5OHlxdE]VIDEO #1 LINK[/link]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTacBShdi1s]VIDEO LINK #2[/link]

I hope you'll stay around and join in. New blood is welcome

PS: we have quads too so I have to get the chest strap of the camera

John...JPEE
Old 05-25-2011, 08:50 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Cool new camera, those seem to be the ticket, as Scott was saying from Motocross to Mountain climbing....really popular, and you can't go wrong with Amazon!

Keep us posted for sure....

Not much new here, went flying last night with the MCPX, it was nice and calm, and the overcast sky blocked the sun on the west-facing Moose field, so I had great condtions, flew all 6 batteries, all inverted, and am slowly getting a better hold on inverted flight. Crashed about 6 times as well, didn't break a thing, just popped the main gear and links back on, and kept on going...

I had to re-glue my tailboom, it worked loose again. The frame may be spread a bit from the last crashes where the boom goes in....I re-glued it again with some CA.

Hopefully I will get to fly again tonight.

Hey Scott! Nice having you drop by, as always...

Take care all,

Glenn
Old 05-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE...I see your ever going up in your camera quest. That looks very nice and you got a great deal too. Good shopping around and proving that patience is a virtue.

About the screened-in pools...yep, definitely something that is not only popular (and seems unique to) Florida but is a great way of having a pool and not having to worry about unwanted guests taking a possible swim. A couple of my friends and coworkers have them and they are very nice...it is connected to the house (the framework for the screening) and so you go out your back door and viola...your pool, grill, table, lounge chairs, everything is right there. The screen framework can be as little as a room size or span the entire lenght of the back of the house...money's the only limit. I'll have to take some pictures of some of the houses I pass on the way to work to give you some visuals.

Nick,

I never knew there could be so much adjustments done to the head...enjoy experimenting on the advanced settings.

Glenn,

I'm sorry to hear your boom is coming loose from the frame section...I know mine went in extremely tight but on crashes it does rotate so I guess its not as tight as I thought. Maybe a bit of superglue on the framework will help keep things in place if the frame is opened up a bit.

Congrats on the lenghty inverted hovers...its weird having to kinda relearn how to hover all over again...but this time most of that newbie fear is gone.

How are the nose-in's coming along? I gave tail-in a try earlier this week but after a few crashes realized that I really need to get the hang of it on the simulator first before trying it for real. I keep confusing myself with the tail and nose movements (not to mention the airelon )...a bit hard with the transition right now.

This week has been a bit busy with work so I am really looking forward to the weekend...one more day for me to go.

Mark
Old 05-25-2011, 11:19 PM
evdreamer

John,

If I remember right mosquitos lay their eggs in water. Having pools enclosed would be a good way to control their population.

That is a cool camera.

Glenn,

That is good you had nice flying conditions to fly the mCP x. My heli field faces west, so I know how nice it is when the clouds block it out.

I finished up my 450. I had a hard time working on it, since I was used to working on my 600 and Velocity. I put a bigger pinion on to try and take care of the motor and drive train power loss. I will be interested to see how that works out. The weather looks good tomorrow, so I will try and get some more flights with the 450 and Velocity.

Nick
Old 05-26-2011, 06:48 AM
JPEE

Nick,
Thanks on the camera wishes. But Mosquitos only lay in stagnat water not water that is moving to my knowledge. I have a fountain that runs 24-7 and never it gets mosquitos.

However, if I shut it down to do maintence ow WOW they get wirhgt in as the water goes green and start in bigtime.

Smiles JPEE

PS: Glenn, I got two packs in on the 450 Pro at 6:00 a.m. (early thirty lol) this morning while meeting with the early group. The Sun is shinning and it supposed to be 78 today YAHOOU-E
Old 05-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Scotts CP

Wow that video turned out great! No wiggels, jiggles or vibration, I think you have a winner!

Scott
Old 05-26-2011, 11:30 AM
JPEE

Scott,
Thank you for the complements. When I get the Gopro they should be better.

John
Old 05-26-2011, 06:07 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

The weather was the best it will be for awhile, so I took the 450 and Velocity out to the field. My engine was making good power today, so I was having fun. I really like the advanced settings on the Velocity. It is still stable to fly, but is a little easier to flip. I went through about a gallon in the Velocity. The wires in my starter motor came apart again, so I cut the corroded wires off and got to the good copper. Hopefully that will last longer. I met a new member of my club and he is a heli guy just starting with the small helis and wants to get a 50 or 600 sized soon.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:39 PM
JPEE

Hi Guys,
Well I have a sad story to tell. I had the 600-2 frame complete! So tonight I had some time to put on the boom. Now mind you I had a new belt on too. So I slipped the old boom

on which had come away from the crash unharmed other the servo ears getting broken off. I installed new bearing in the tail box took the traditional wire down the boom tube to

pull the belt through and slipped the tail shaft through and we were down town baby. I Loctited all six screws in the tail box and was rocking. Then I mounted my tail servo on the

boom to the existing servo and hangers and then Loctited everything in place. Then I screwed in the boom strut on one side pretty as you please and then crossed over to the other

side and found the holes would not line up by more than 1/8". I looked down from the top of the boom and walla that no good @$&*^&*^$&*((_)*)^%$#%$##$@#@#!@******

is bent just a tad. In order to really see it I had to place a straight edge on the front boom box where the gyro sits down the crack in its halves and then held that over the tail boom

&*(^&%^&$^%*()^(*) it is bent alright. I have two extras on the shelf so no biggie but...... I am pretty ticked by now. So out comes all of the newly just secured screws on the tail

box at the end of the boom, but I only took one side off and slipped the NEW BELT over the pulley. Then I slid off the entire tail box pretty as you please leaving the blades and such

on there............ but you know what's coming now right, YES the new belt got a small cut as it slid over the tail pulley. So now the front box has to come out of the frame, be split and

a new belt put on. I have strongly considered heaving this thing out into the street and then wait for a car and follow it and end my freaking misery.

To add, what set me off is and perhaps what added to my blindness is that I sat at my other house for a 4 hour window to get a new energy efficient pool pump motor that my

Electric Co is giving me back a $1000.00 cash credit. However, the pump cost me $1,600.00 installed so it is not free but a good deal and I will save $$$ in my power bills. But here's

the kicker, when the installer "finally" showed up he walks back and looks at the pump and power supply and says OH!! OH!! the new pump needs 220 vts and you only have 120 vt. I

can't tell how I felt or acted..... but I can you this, I had death thoughts and daggers in my mind. So the now the resolution is......I have to pull a new power service from the farthest

point of the house where the meter box is clear across about 60' and tie in a new 220 vt circuit and run that all though the attic and down the outside wall to the new pump. Oh joy I live

for days like this, someone PLEASE load me and make it magnums too, I want this all over quick. So tomorrow GLENN, I will be back there in the attic at 5:30 a.m. while its cool up there

and get started.

The heli is shoved in a corner for now, she will have to wait. The UP SIDE to all of this is Heli Hobby is on the way home LMAO .......... oh goodness do they love me there.

Old John, looking for a place to lay down []

PS: No worries, a crash is farrrr worse than this day was, you godda look on the bright side right? who the hell said that anyway? he's due for a ***** kicking too
Old 05-26-2011, 07:41 PM
JPEE

Nick,

I am so glad you had a nice day. That's cool that after all of your hard work the Velocity is flying the way she should be! It is really neat you met a new heli pilot and hopefully you can mentor him a bit and have a new fly buddy to share with ]

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.