Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:00 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

didn't fly today at all, was moving stuff into the new house, j-michael doesn't look like the wife will be getting into the helicopter hobby, she actually grew up with her dad flying nitro planes and she was never interested in flying them. She likes watching, but not flying.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:17 PM
J-MICHAEL

Heli ~

That's neat though she was able to watch her dad.... Helps her maybe understand our fetish hopefully !

Nick ~

I'am betting your wrenching right now on that CPP.... In fact I know you are !

JPEE ~

Good to see the 400 getting back in order... Make sure your dampners are still good... Your tracking will usually show that.

Take care all,

~ Jeff

Old 09-25-2008, 07:39 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I finished the CPP about an hour ago. I just got done mowing. I wish I could still be wrenching on the CPP. Now I am waiting for my servo gears to come from the LHS. If I don't get the gears by tomorrow afternoon I am going to put the S75's back in, so I can get a test flight in. I just want to have one test flight before Sunday when I am planning to go to a Fun Fly at my local flying club.

Nick
Old 09-25-2008, 08:07 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yeah it does help a bit with the understanding us guys and our helicopters, she at least knows its not a cheap hobby but alot of other things aren't either, shes understanding especially with my purchases, hows everyone else been these days ?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:11 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Boy, it's boring here...rain and a chilly wind, no flying tonight, or probably tomorrow night either.

Nick, the new head looks great, hope it flies as good as it looks like it will. Hope your servo parts come in soon. Are you going to take any helis to the Fun Fly at the club?

Heli, hope you can get unpacked and flying the CPP soon.

Jeff, I may do some testing with the helmet cam this weekend, depending on the weather.

JPEE, that is amazing that you got away with such minimal damage! It sure looked worse!

Hope you guys have better weather than I am having here and can get some more flying in soon!

Glenn
Old 09-25-2008, 08:19 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I am planning on taking the CPP and T-Rex to the Fun Fly. That is why I want the CPP done so soon. And I also just want to fly it and don't want it sitting on the work bench. I am thinking about putting the S75's in now and put the S60's in after Sunday. That way I can fly all day tomorrow and test the new batteries for it. It was a little hard to fly the T-Rex today with the wind, but I couldn't pass up a day to fly.

Sorry to hear about your weather. There is a 20% chance of rain Sunday here, so I hope it doesn't rain so I can go fly and watch people fly their airplanes. I know there is going to be some people doing 3D with their airplanes. And the president of the club is a very good 3D pilot with his airplanes.

Nick
Old 09-25-2008, 09:52 PM
evdreamer

I put the S75's back in because I am too impatient to wait for the S60 gears. Man is it a pain to set my helicopter up with the S75 servos. The swashplate never went to the same spot, so it was hard to get a correct pitch reading. I think I got it really close though. I like the S60's a lot better. The swashplate always went to the same spot. My Rhino and E-Flite batteries are charged, but I still have to solder the connector on to the TP battery. I hope I got enough velcro for the batteries. I am hoping to get a test flight in around 9 A.M. Oh with this new head setup I think I could get around +/- 13.5 degrees of pitch. I am not sure because of this one servo messing the readings up, but that is a lot. Right now I have it setup for +/- 12 degrees of pitch.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:05 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like you are ready to do some extreme flying with the new setup...hopefully, it will turn out great for you tomorrow in your test flight. Good luck with it.

I am sure you will have fun at the fun fly on Sunday, hope there are some other heli guys there.

At my field, amazingly, it almost seems as though there are more helis than planes...but I think it was just my timing, I am pretty sure there are more plane guys overall.

Maybe I can get some flying in this weekend. I still have not met up with my buddy from Iraq, but he is in town. So I should get to see him soon.

Hope you have a nice flight with the new head and batteries.

Glenn
Old 09-25-2008, 11:47 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I was told that there are a 100+ members at the club and only 2 or 3 people with single rotor helicopters. Then maybe 5-10 people with coaxials. The rest are airplane people.

I am almost done soldering on the connector for the TP battery. I still have to charge it since it is only half charged from the factory. I am glad I found enough velcro for my batteries.

Cool to hear you have a few helicopter pilots there. The people I met at my club just don't seem interested in helicopters.

It would be interesting to see if you friend flies his helicopter just like he was riding a bike. Have fun if you get the chance to fly with him.

I just hope the weather is good enough tomorrow to fly.

Nick
Old 09-26-2008, 11:12 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

According to the website for my club, it has 250 members. Sure doesn't seem like it by the turnout lately.

Most of the heli pilots I talked to are also into or have been into planes...except Rob. He's pretty much 100% helis, but he does have a foamie plane that he has flown the couple of times I have been there. He's not too great with it, by his own admission.

Looks like rain on and off here all weekend, but it might break here an there, not supposed to be total washout.

Hope you get to test fly the CPP before the fun fly.

Yeah, before long, I'll be flying the Quark in the shop again. It will be good in a couple of weeks or so. Right now, the A/C units are still running some, and they blow air downwards from the ceiling, and it creates quite a downdraft for the Quark.

Good luck flying the CPP today if you get the chance.

Glenn
Old 09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I didn't wake up earlier enough to fly like I wanted too, but I am charging my transmitter right now. It was a little low from setting up the CPP. Then I finished the charge on the TP battery last night. It is a little windy for the CPP and maybe the T-Rex, but I am still going to test the CPP out. It sounds like I don't fly my foam airplane any better than Rob. I spend more time crashing than flying it.

Hope you get better weather soon.

I just checked accuweather.com and it says the winds are 20MPH here and will be that way for some time.

Nick
Old 09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
evdreamer

Well so far it isn't working so good. The blades change pitch without me adding it. I think it is because of some slope in the mixing arms. I will have to work on it.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:21 PM
evdreamer

I am pretty sure it is the mixing arms because when I move the flybar the arms won't move. So I took it apart and the ID of the bushing is a lot bigger than the part is rotates on. So I pressed the old bushing out and put the bushing from the CPP mixing arms in. It is thicker and is almost the perfect size. The exterior diameter is just a little too small for mixing arm, so I just put a little super glue on the bushing and put it in the mixing arm. It seems to work ok now. I will see when I fire it up.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:37 PM
evdreamer

I got the head system to work now because of the new bushings. But I now have tail problems. The glue bond broke from the tail case and the helicopter did a really fast piro to the left. Luckily I wasn't that high and brought the helicopter down safely. Then I noticed my tail rotor wasn't on straight, so I put a new one on. Now I am waiting for the glue to dry on the tail box. I just got done with a really good flight with the T-Rex, so that was a lot of fun. I have tame settings in the transmitter right now, so I don't know the full potential of this head until I get the tail problem worked out.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:06 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

You can't fly because of the rain, wind, and chilly conditions and then there's me here in Cali where its been 92-95 degrees for the past week and I can't fly because it's to darn hot !....Lol... go figure eh?!

Nick ~

I'am telling ya, if you do get into a plane or two for just piddling with and learning go for the Typhoon 2 3-D ! That thing is tuff ! I've eaten dirt with that thing plenty of times, and only so far have had to replace a couple $3.00 parts and that's it ! Its easy to learn on also, and just recently I've even put in a AR6100 RX so I could bind it to my DX-7... Just last week, I experimented with it and instead of running the normal 1800-2200 mah 3-cell's which are for my Trex in it, I put in my CPP TP 1320 mah 3-cell into it and it still flew sweet ! I've only had it in the skies maybe 13 times since I've had it, and it is a fun 3-D plane to learn on.... I'am still learning on landing, but she takes the beatings over and over again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3wfO2l0i6g

It was only $200.00 at the LHS here, and that's just pennies compared to all our heli stuff we all buy ! Cheap entertainment !! Keep it in mind, just in case the Cub isn't working for you...

Hopefully you can get that CPP up and running for the Fun-Fly....[>:] At least ya still got the ol' reliable Trex though....

Take care guys !

~ Jeff
Old 09-26-2008, 03:18 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

For some reason my motor is running a lot better since I put this new head assembly on. I just got back from a flight and it flies good. The blades weren't tracking the best still, but I still flew anyways. I just finished setting up the head again and it should be close. It seemed to have some more power with the E-Flite battery. I am just waiting for the motor to cool down then I will try the Rhino and TP battery. When I was setting up the head now I could get +/- 14 degrees of pitch or more if I wanted too. The wind was pushing the CPP all over the place, but I was having fun. It would be nice if the mixer arms had bearings in them. It would also be nice to have some boom supports, because in flight I noticed the boom is twisting.

Nick
Old 09-26-2008, 03:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I would just rig-up some boom supports.... I've seen a few pics before of guys doing this awhile back.... My LHS sells CF rods of all sizes down to very very small diameters even... I bet it might benefit you since your dishing out some hard cyclic, and possibly running more torque and power through the CPP.... I wish you would put that thing away, you CPP ADDICT !! ..... LMAO...! As soon as you find THE ABSOLUTE PERFECT SET-UP, I just may do the same and enjoy my CPP's from there stock stage there in now... It could be a fun little winter-time project !

I enjoy reading your adventures and experimental findings with the CPP, so keep it up....

Have a good one Nick & take care,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97462.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1041308  
Old 09-26-2008, 03:49 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I was thinking about using CF rod, but just the canopy support size. But that would probably be too short. These Rhino batteries sure have some punch to them. The CPP would just sky rocket up when I went to full throttle. When I went into my 100% flat line throttle curve it sounded more like a V-Shape throttle curve. I am wondering if it is my ESC limiting the current with these new batteries. Since the E-Flite batteries would never reach the limit of the ESC and the Rhino batteries would go over it. I might have to put my 20A E-Flite ESC back on. Next I am going to try the TP battery. But when the headspeed finally got up to the max in bursts it seemed like the helicopter would flip easier. It would probably be cheaper for you to get the Gaui 200 then upgrade the CPP. I think I am turning into the people I read about in Helifreak and RCGroups where they are spending a lot of money on their CPP's looking to find a good setup.

Nick
Old 09-26-2008, 04:07 PM
J-MICHAEL

I think I am turning into the people I read about in Helifreak and RCGroups where they are spending a lot of money on their CPP's looking to find a good setup.
Hey.... There's absolutely nothing wrong with that...! That's what's fun about this hobby, is all the different variations that we get to encounter.... [8D]

~ Jeff
Old 09-26-2008, 04:22 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I think I am going to retire the CPP. This is the 3rd or 4th time the tail let go on me today. The CPP piroed to the ground again today. I don't know if the boom snapped in mid air or the ground. I think I might have pushed the limit of this little helicopter. I am going to try a Gaui 200 next or the T-Rex 250 or both. Enjoy the pictures. Oh by the way the TP battery has a lot of punch also.

Nick

Name:	Zx71950.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1041335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16980.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1041336  
Old 09-26-2008, 04:27 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Was the only thing wrong with the Gaui 200 the stock tail box and the balance? Then the mixer arms and bolt for the blades break easily. Does that sound right? I think the Gaui 200 might end up in the shopping cart soon.

Nick
Old 09-26-2008, 04:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Ouch.... Sorry to hear about the crash... I've been there plenty of times with both of mine also...[] I ended up spending just to much of my time tinkering with it, than flying it. But I don't mind, as I think I actually like working on them more than flying sometimes. But, although the parts aren't to bad in price, I would rather spend the money on parts for the Trex, as we both know there cheaper on the REX anyhow... 1 spindle for the CPP=$5.00.... 3 spindles for the Trex, same price. Averaging of course... At my stage in the game, and just for my situation, it just makes more sense...

All I hear is good things about the Gaui 200... As you are also a subscriber to 'RC-Heli' magazine, and you read the reviews so you hear the same... In my other subscriptions, like 'RC-Helicopter', and others that I have, the same thing about the Gaui... Positive feedback... Someday, I'll get something like the Gaui, or the new Trex 250...

Have a good one,

~ Jeff
Old 09-26-2008, 04:45 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn,

Was the only thing wrong with the Gaui 200 the stock tail box and the balance? Then the mixer arms and bolt for the blades break easily. Does that sound right? I think the Gaui 200 might end up in the shopping cart soon.

Nick
Nick ~

Here's a quick debriefing in the latest issue of RC-Helicopter :

Name:	Ca82938.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1041352   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw70842.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1041353  
Old 09-26-2008, 04:54 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I saw the article of the Gaui 200 in RCHeli magazine. I also like working on the CPP. It helped me to learn how to set up helicopters, but I think I won't be able to progress with that helicopter anymore and should get one that will help me to progress. I think I have all the parts I need to fix it, but the boom. Then I have most of the electronics for the 200 sized helicopter from the CPP, so it won't cost too much to have one in the air.

I was reading on Helifreak that the stock Gaui 200 gearbox has failed in flight for a few people, so I wanted to be sure by Glenn's suggestion. And I know he is using the Micro Heli tail gear box. Then I was thinking he said something about the mixing arms broke in a crash along with the bolt that goes through the blade.

Nick
Old 09-26-2008, 05:44 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick a quick word,

Gaui make a BELT DRIVE tail rotor too in the 200 series!

http://www.nitroplanes.com/newgahu200ra.html

JPee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.