Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

that's a very interesting looking heli...I like the angled servo mounts. The head looks a bit complicated with all the various adjustments that can be made...but I'm sure trying them out will give a nicely locked in heli. Are you getting any sleep after doing an all-nighter?! At your rate you'll do the maiden way before me...we're supposed to have storms tomorrow and most of the weekend - they may even scrub the last shuttle mission and reschedule for a nicer day...I'm sure 350,000 people are going to be disappointed.

Glenn,

I guess I'm a bit old fashioned and still like to have a magazine to physically hold...did you ever finish all those magazines you got last summer? Yeah, I think RCheli is a bit off their block saying summer is a slower time...just check how many Youtube video's are posted of flights now verses winter. What are those guys smokin?

Glad you got your charger issue sorted out...crazy as it sounds I'm still using the stock charger doing 1 batt at a time. My multicharger that I got way back in the beginning just sits and collects dust...go figure.

Mark
Old 07-07-2011, 05:06 PM
rotarydoc

Mark,

I also like to have the actual magazine, but I hate all the clutter of back issues laying around....and..I think I finished reading most of the ones from last year, hard to tell with all of them laying on the coffee table...

I'll probably miss getting RC Heli in the mail, but if I go to the Books a Million, I can browse it there, I usually only read the interesting stuff (to me anyways) and I rarely go back and read it over.

I have read some of the other heli mags at the stand, and they are mostly pretty well written...not as colorful and bold as RC Heli looks, but I have read some interesting articles and reviews.

Nothin' wrong with charging one at at time, I just keep forgetting to check on them after they are done, a bad habit with Lipos...with the Eflite or TP chargers, they beep to remind me...

I emailed my pal Rob.....he got a Blade 450, I was curious as to what he thinks of it....I read the article in RC Heli, and it sounds like mostly minor improvements, but they seemed to feel the tail was a major improvement...which is certainly needed...[X(]

I was reading how many jobs will be lost with the last shuttle flight in that space center area....hope it doesn't hurt your area's local economy too much....

Glenn
Old 07-07-2011, 06:39 PM
rotarydoc

I guess I was the lucky one......post #13,000

Glenn
Old 07-07-2011, 09:00 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I got a few hours of sleep. I fixed almost all the minor problems. I just need to size the flybar links. All the other links are nice and smooth, so I don't know why these links are so much tighter. I finished setting up the head and routing all the wires. I need to pick up some 30min epoxy for the boom supports and tail pushrod.

I will be helping setup/fix a small Nitro heli tomorrow. The weather looks good, so I will probably get a few flights in too.

Glenn,

That is good your TP charger is charging your mcpx batteries a little better.

Nick
Old 07-08-2011, 12:57 PM
evdreamer

I just got done with the maiden on my Furion. It flys great. It feels locked in a hover like my bigger helis. It drifts a little but I think that might be due to the flybar links that are a little stiff still. It also seemed like the belt slipped after unloading the head. I noticed the belt was a little looser after the flight, so I will have to tighten that up. The tail seemed to hold pretty good too. I can't wait to take it to the field tomorrow if the weather is still good.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:20 PM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

Nick,
I am glad your new Furion came through overall very well on your maiden. Sounds like you will have many hours of fun with your new toy, congrats again! The real test of course is when you take her out and fly her

socks off and see how the tail and everything else holds for you.

Glenn,
Remember we talked about that charging strip and with a parallel charge the way it was set up I thought there might be balancing issue. I may be dead wrong and it is the chargers fault. I see the other charger is

doing a better job so only time will tell. Let us know what the final outcome is on that, best of luck. Congrats Mr. 13,000 ! Regarding the heli mags verses having them come in online, my Postman just told me two

weeks ago his delivery of such mags are waaay down. He said, it is due to the Internet!

My last word on the 500-2

As I explained a page ago I had the rpms running away for a half second at a time on 500-2. So last Friday I programmed 500-2 into the DX6i. I set her out on the patio and started the spool up and before I got to

mid stick, I heard a quick squeal and the rpms dropped for just a second and came back. It did this twice so I shut down. A reminder I am using a different motor, ESC and radio and "every bearing" is brand new.

So I walked up close and slowly! spun her up and hear the screech again, I bent down to try and hear where it was coming from and was at like 35% throttle and it screeched again, the throttle ran up by itself, the

heli lifted off and banked into the house and destructed! It missed the sliding glass door which Judy was sitting next to reading inside by six inches. Had it lifted and come my way I would have been hit, no question

about it. I looked it over and besides losing a nice set of Align blades and a slightly bent flybar and one paddle that got push out of tracking there is no other obvious damage.

Still, this devil heli is done as both Mark and Glenn suggested. I will now cost out rebuilding my 500-1 which was real bad, two servos and TT and everything else. I might wind up just selling the whole mess off. I will

not be hasty and lose money. I have to think this mess over. The idea of a 550 is so close to my two 600's it doesn't seem my best move. A 700 does yea yea yea yea. For now, I'll fly my 600's and search my sole.

JPEE

Old 07-09-2011, 06:12 PM
evdreamer

John,

I love my Furion. I flew for 6 hours at the field with my Furion and my 600. The Furion easily out performs my Trex 450. It flys a lot bigger than it is and handled the wind just fine. The head doesn't bind at the extremes like my 450 does, so I increased my throws and was able to fly more aggressive. I also did full pitch backwards hurricanes and the tail didn't blow out and held great. I might get a MA Furion 6 to replace my Trex 600 in the future.

That is good you and your wife weren't injured in the 2nd 500 glitch.

Nick
Old 07-09-2011, 06:55 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

That is a whole bunch of good news for you, 6 hours of flying WOW! I am so glad the Furion did extreamly well for you. A "possible" new MA6, man you are hooked aren't you

I just did a house hover with the GOPRO trying a lighter but still vibration free mount [] There was no blurr but there is a vibration from time to time that rattles through the heli frame as I change my pitch as I am running

a 90% flat curve on the throttle so I just fly with pitch making this mount no good becasue the heli shutters from time to time. But I am excited to try new things and ideas. I have another idea already on the board I am thinking about.

The main goal now for me is to lose the heavy under mount sling I made even though it works well for the camera, its just to heavy and makes flying difficult.

Have a great day tomorrow
Old 07-10-2011, 04:12 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

After reading your scary description of the 500 incident I'm relieved that you and your wife are fine, albeit a bit shaken. That sounded too close for comfort. I wonder if the receiver could cause what your experiencing, since that seems to be the only thing not changed. But for now I think you should just do a rebuild and consider your options when the rebuild is finished. Glad that everything is calming down and do some inner-self searching while flying your 600.

Nick,

Congrats on the Furion maiden...sounds like your sold on the brand, but as I've heard Align is good for most of us but once the skills progress the need for a heli with tighter tolerances is needed and that is where the better brands come into play...sounds like your already there. (If you can, please have someone take some video of your flying 'cause I'm really wanting to see your new heli in action!! ) Please!!

Mark
Old 07-11-2011, 09:58 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

That is fantastic on the Furion, sounds like it suits your flying style very well...I'll bet it's a ton better than the 450 Pro, that design is getting pretty dated now.

Hope you can get the little bugs worked out, and have a great time with it next time out.

Cool on the MA 6 plans for the future too...sounds like you are sold on MA now...

JPEE,

That was too close for comfort my friend! [X(]

Glad you nor the wife were injured in any way, that's the main thing...you can get new blades and flybars....

It's easy to get complacent around these things sometimes, and forget how nasty they can bite...I still remember vividly my B400-into-the-shin accident in my early days...still have a small scar from that one, nearly 3 years after the fact...[X(]

Yeah, set the 500's aside for awhile, collect your thoughts, and then take action...I think it's time to move on from those...

I got 6 nice flights on the MCPX in last night....but have not charged the batteries yet, I'll do that tonight, on the TP 610, and see if it comes out better than the C505 on the parallel board.

It's HOT here, today and tomorrow, but a bit of releif later in the week...so hopefully some more flights later on in the week for me....

Glenn
Old 07-11-2011, 07:44 PM
evdreamer

John,

Good luck with the new camera mounting ideas.

Mark,

I am still tweeking my Furion. I increased the HS and saw for the first time my CC govenor hunting for the HS. I will have to mess around with the govenor gain. Then I get more positive pitch than negative. My swash moves up and down the same amount and there is 0 degrees at half stick. I read on HF that I am not the only one with that problem. Then the last thing I am working on is there is a sqeak when I go to full pitch and the tail kind of miss behaves, but still kind of holds. Once I put it in a hover the sqeak goes away. I am thinking the belt might be slipping, but I don't know if it is on the tail shaft or the idler pullies. The belt is as tight as I can get it. There is slop between the inner and outer race of the idler pullies, so that is my guess to the cause. I have an idea to tie the two inner races together with the part in the PDF that I created, but I don't know if it will work.

There are three piro-ing moves I want to perfect before I make another video. I also usually fly alone and I haven't seen my little heli group in a long time. I might bring the tri-pod out again. I can't remember if you have RealFlight or not, but if you did you could fly online with me.

How is your 450 coming along?

Glenn,

That is cool you got some flights on the mcpx.

Nick
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ki20289.pdf (436.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-12-2011, 07:11 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

There was a big fly and rc swap-meet at the City Field on Sunday. Bob and I have brought a new guy into our fold who is a longtime licensed plane pilot as well as a super rc pilot. We got him back into helis after a

five year layover where he just stuck to planes. He got a used 500esp three weeks ago and has been doing very well. Like we all know, the bigger the heli the easier it is to fly. He lifted Bob's HK 600 and liked it "kinda".

He found it to be of course super stable but he could tell the looseness between the 600 HK and his T-REX 500. That did it, he was sold and said, I want a T-REX 600. Back to the swap-meet, we are strolling down booth

lane and there it is, a T-REX 600, and older one like mine. It has a new TT over from a belted system ( the belted system is in the box) Fatuba 780 and servo, all CNC, DS610 on cyclic, 650 L motor, MK black blades, Ar9000

and a second brand new canopy in the box. As I showed interest and worked the guy, I said; I am really interested (after getting the nod from Jason) so we took it out and the owner did some mild 3D and all was well accept

a tail wag...... and now we think we have that fix in the works, it's a know problems with the 780 on a 600. So I asked, what's your number without the AR9000, Jason flies the newest Airtronic's radio. The owner said, give

me a bid! I said NO, you need what you need for the heli and respect that number. YOU put your price on it, if I like it I'll buy it, if not.... well walk and part friends ( there were two guys and both were really nice guys) and

I said, no bartering so throw the number at me. We stood there in kind of a stand off and he said............ $350.00. When I heard the number I had to make a point NOT to let my mouth fall open on the ground. I rolled my

eyes calmly and said ok. We all kept calm until we got to the car and then it was YIPPIE. So Jason has a 600 for $350.00 and will maiden when he installs his Airtronic's rx.

Yesterday was a pisser. We met at the field at seven and I had loaded my big generator for everyone to be able to recharge their packs. When you have three guys doing 6S 5,000 mAh packs that takes some juice. We got

there at 7:00 and the grey skies and cold breeze stayed until 10:30. The other guys hovered but this old boy needs blue skies for orientation so I sat on the bench. Finally at 12:00 I flew a close in pack and shutter down, a

real waste of day had I not just enjoyed being with the boys.

Nick, I almost forgot, the guy that sold us the 600 had a Furion 450 sitting there. I gave pause for a moment but then thought, while they are not Furions, I do have four 450's so I kept walking on that deal. I hope you can

bug-out your squeal noise. Ah....... remember the days we would fly all night on the RealFlight sims, now that was fun. I know (think) Glenn still has his, I have mine, if Mark has one we are gold. Mark could show us how to

mow the grass with the mCPx lol.

Glenn, I am hoping that charger issue you have works out. But as I said, I think it is the charging strip you bought because without the ability to balance I don't know. I do know that the batteries have a safety wired in them

not to let them overcharge and explode, but still. It is for that reason I made the adapter so my charger see's the batteries as a 6 cell pack and it worked great and balanced and I had good solid charges. Hope you got some

more fights in too.

Smiles JPEE

Old 07-12-2011, 05:32 PM
evdreamer

John,

That was a great deal on the 600.

Sorry the weather wasn't better for flying.

I got a couple more flights in with the Furion and it doesn't sqeak when I do a punch out at the end of the pack, but only at the beginning of the flight. It is very weird.

Nick
Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 PM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

Nick,

Man your having a time of it with that squeal, I hope you can track it down. That is so weird that it only squeals at the end of the pack??

I looked over the 500-2 and found it needed new paddles, flybar, main blades, main gear, main bearings (again) since hitting the house.

Here are some of the oddities I found, considering I herd the blades grab air when it took off I checked the pitch servo that I had installed new metal gears into the servo after I bought heli. While the servo arm moved

freely up and down, when stopped and you tried to restart the movement by hand you had to pass where you were before it would go back the other way, kind of a jam. I had two trains of thought, if I replace the servo

I won't know if it is the servo or the gears, and becasue I could feel this gear issue I chose to rebuild it. I had a set of nylon gears I on hand so I put those in there and the servo is smooth as glass. I don't recall but perhaps

in one of my many crashes I damaged the new metal gears? Or could they have been defective possibley?

Next I found that both new main bearings I had installed during this drama that had about 5 packs run through trying to get the heli to fly right were spitting gray grease showing me the ball bearings had disintegrated! I had

just installed those and they were greased too but boy oh boy they were done and rough as a cob. New ones went in again.

I am out of 500 blades so I had that old pair of Stealth's and those are ok........ Today I ordered 4 pairs of the CF Pro from China which will arrive between Aug 1 and Aug 15th. at $14.00. I lost another set of Aligns on this

thing and then a set of CF Pro's when she hit the house so for now this heli gets cheap blades.

Now the real cure. You may remember, I said when I would spool up these last few times and then shut down the main gears and motor seemed tough to turn for a moment but if I would spin it by hand it got loose? Further,

there was that bearing like squeal and the growl before. Another thing to remember is, I bought that brand new 500 Align motor about 4-6 months ago which was one of the two I was passing through this heli in an effort to

disqualify the motor as a contributor. Well boys, they are both shot (the bearing that is) I found out. That was one of the confusing parts, I was switching those two motors yet that squeal was there so I "discounted" the problem

being the motor, WRONG! Now I have two other Align motors on the shelf that I had replaced the bearings in, but the screw holes to mount the motor were stripped on both. Checking my two Tap and Die sets I found a 6/32 NC tap.

It is just the right size to chase in the old hole and cut new threads! ! So I took both rebuilt motors and re-threaded them and installed one of them and it works like a charm. Smooth an quite!

I have put 4 packs through the heli here at the house ( out in the street! ) and it as quite "in my opinion" as a new heli. So done and done this heli's bearings are 100% totally new and greased as of last night, including the motor.

With the belt vs the TT I can run a little bit lower head spead because the tail won't bob with a belt. So she is trimmed and ready for a real all out test flight. And yes, I keep my DISTANCE from this puppy.

NEVER SAY DIE, is my moto

Old 07-13-2011, 12:29 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

That sounds like a weird issue with the squeeling, sorry you are having problems, hope you can get it figured out and flying smooth soon.

That kinda reminds me of my blade tracking tape problem on the SDX from last year...it was a very weird noise, and you would never suspect a piece of tape on the blades would cause it...

JPEE,

My charging issue is resolved, by using the TP 610.....not sure what's up with the Eflite C505, but it just must not like the parellel charging thing...I charged them all on the parallel board, and they came up to about 4.17 volts each, so I should be good with that.

I'm not going to chase the problem down, I'll just use the TP charger...no sense beating my head against the wall, if it's working!

It's been HOT here, and a bit too breezy, even in the evenings to do much with the MCPX, maybe tomorrow, as we just got a huge storm, and now the grass is all wet...supposed to be better for the weekend though.

Sounds like your buddy got a steal on the 600.

Glad you pinned down the motor bearings, and got it nice and smooth now...and yeah, keep your distance!

Glenn
Old 07-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Aframomum

Hi everyone,

Nick,

I think if you put some loosely fitting tracking tape on your blades the sound it'll make will drown out the squeak you hear at the beginning of your flights. Seriously though, maybe the heli just needs a warm up period for everything to 'set in'. Either way, sounds like your really enjoying your new Furion.

Nope, I have Phoenix so no go with RF. []

JPEE,

Sorry for the dismal skies keeping you grounded...but it sounds like the swap-meet was a huge success...not to mention you guys got a new addition to your group! Congrats on the 500 mystery finally being concluded...now put that bird to the side and enjoy your 600's.

Glenn,

Good news on the TP 610 working for your mcpx batteries. Sorry about the heat wave you guys are having, at least the storms cool things off for a bit. Maybe the weekend will look promising for flying.

Ran into some issues with my 450...first and foremost the motor burned up during a test spool up so I'm sending it back to Xheli and will make a decision about what to do...may just look to the classifieds and get an Align 450M from someone upgrading. This was something I was kinda expecting so had some alternatives in mind. So for the time being the 450 is on hold.

But on the bright side my newbie (the one with the 250) got himself an Align 450Pro kit and finished the build in record time...I think 2 nights and he had a maiden hover. He did really well with the build and only needed some help with the gyro settings. So we might be getting a chance this Saturday to go flying a bit if the weather holds out.

Mark
Old 07-13-2011, 08:00 PM
JPEE

Just lost my freaking post AGAIN!

More tomorrow I am beat, but I flew two packs throught the 500-2 as hard as I could and she was like glass!

Good night
Old 07-13-2011, 11:20 PM
evdreamer

John,

It sounds like you were busy working on the 500.

Mark,

Yeah, I am having fun with the Furion. I forgot how nice it is to fly a 450 in my backyard.

Sorry about your motor.

Nick
Old 07-14-2011, 07:25 AM
JPEE

Lost Post II this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Guys, I am losing my patience with this crap. I guess the only way I can post on RCU is to lay it all up in MS Word first! What a frigging nuisance that is. I just HATE getting that error window......... SORRY!

Nic,
Enjoy flying the 450 around the yard, that will be very nice for you and keep those golden fingers limber!

Mark,
Regarding your motor and....... not knowing which one you bought I have had bad luck with those in the past when dealing with them on friends helis. Those all suffered low rpms and were strictly for light hovering in my opinion.

A highly regarded pilot here recommend a motor from HK for the Pro.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9257

When I built my HK Pro I wanted to ensure it flew great so.......... I used an Align ESC and tail servo and Hitec cyclic's along with his suggested motor above. This motors flies for me at 6 minutes in idle-up and come in cool!

yes cool! Power up the WAZOO. I finally got Bob to give up the motors in the alpha line (where you bought the heli) and get one too, now that's all Bob will use. They are pricey I will share with you up front. They cost a whopping

$12.50 w/o shipping. Yes you heard me $12.50. I have been flying these motors for nearly two years, I lost one in a crash and replaced and have never looked back.

I have been kind of holding back so I did not get the cart before the horse as they say o this next bit of info. I was introduced to a guy who buys from Align with hobby shop discount purchase power. I gave him a posted major

website price match for a new just released Align 700E 3GX super combo. The website priced it at $1,599.00 plus tax. My price is $1,200.00 out the door! That is a 35% discount! If I ever really wanted one this is the time right, well

there is more to make this a tough decision. Lets hold on the 700 for a moment. I have been reading up on FPV as you know for some time. Bob have most of the stuff gathered now for us to start playing with it. Myself, I have looked

into quad copters for that purpose, and just kicking around the idea on the back burner so to speak. A friend I haven't seen a in a few years came into contact with me again at a funeral of all places. Anyway, he has his own production

studio for cable shows, movie trailers, music video's and more. I explained I was into the RC life and he was taken and showed interest. But not in the hobby, but what can be done with it! He has a new show coming up where the guy

talks in his car on the way to work. He showed me his HD shoulder mount camera and said this will be tough to put in his car so he can shoot himself on the way to the studio. So I suggested using the new GOPRO. So I made a video with

my camera mounted to the passenger window of my truck facing me driving and talking (to show him the image stabilization quality) then halfway down the road I relocated it to back window to shoot through the cab. Of course I showed

him my two aerial videos on YT. He was impressed with the GOPRO quality. He said from time to time he could use some aerial work and would I be interested? who me? But flying over people with a 500-600-700 heli just terrifies me

even at the thought not to mention I would need to buy a micro beast to overall steady the heli and "insurance". Back to the quad copter, look at this "spectacular" video shot down at our California world recognized Venice Beach.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81585525/

These new quads have a GPS system in them for FPV or not. They make a video showing a guy fly the quad off until it is dang near out of site! Then he flips the switch on the radio and holds the radio up with no thumbs on and in the back

ground you see the quad heli coming right back to him, in-freaking-credible! ! They are coming out with new 8 motor quad soon so I have decided to wait a bit and see that and perhaps give up the 700 and go with a quad and go to

Hollywood and become a famous aerial camera man LMAO.

JPEE
Old 07-15-2011, 09:51 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Glad you are having fun in the back yard with the 450....I can relate, it's nice to drive just down the street to fly the MCPX, sure beats a 50 mile round trip at today's gas prices...

Mark,

Sorry to hear about the 450 motor letting the smoke out...I still have a brand new Scorpion motor here for my first 450 Pro, if the bearings actually ever let go, they've been noisy for a long time, but no failure yet...

Yeah, the TP is doing the job, just went flying last night, and all the packs did just fine. I'll just be using that from now on, rather than try to figure out why...

We have been having some awesome weather here for mid July, last night I think it got down to about 65...and during the day, mid 80's...but with very little humidity, it feels like the 70's compared to what we had, and what's coming next week...

Hope your newbie's maiden goes well...

JPEE,

I'll be watching the movie and TV show credits for your name soon...lol...

Those quads and soon to come 8 motor aircraft seem very well suited for FPV and aerial photography/video...I have always wanted to play with one of those AR Drones, but can't justify the $300....

Are you ready for "CARMEGEDDON"?? Even over here clean across the country, it's big news...[X(]

Hope it doesn't interfere with your plans this weekend too much...

Sorry you lost a long post, that's always very frustrating, I don't take chances anymore, I copy/paste every single time...

I'll hopefully get a few flights in this weekend, gotta take advantage of this amazing mid summer break in the weather!

Glenn
Old 07-15-2011, 03:43 PM
evdreamer

John,

That sounds like a good deal on the 700.

Glenn,

That is good you have some cooler weather. I am in a heat advisory until Thursday. The heat index is in the triple digits.

Nick
Old 07-15-2011, 07:48 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

The TREX 700e V2 3GX sold out after yesterdays release! And............. the price dropped from $1,599.99 to $1,349.99 [link=http://helidirect.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=700e+combo&x=1 9&y=11]700e price link[/link]

Today was the perfect storm for me. I took the 500 out and flew at least five packs and had the day of my life in a longtime. I had the 600 with me but never took it out. I just kept working with the 500 and OMG she

was like glass. The sky was blue, there was a breeze and the God's were with me. I worked successfully on my nose over flips, back over flips, side rolls, loops and some (little bit) inverted and rolling out of my loops.

I stopped doing all of that stuff for the most part a year ago after so many crashes, but today I felt the MOJO, I mean I am still smiling

My friend that got that cheap 600e has had nothing but trouble with the Align 780 gyro which we knew when buying it there was a tail wag. We cannot get the wag out of it. Long story short, he wrote Finless Bob and they

started exchanging emails yesterday early. Then last night after the last email, Jason and Finless spoke on the phone!! Finless had exhausted of his ideas and said, if it weren't for "CARMEGEDDON" on the 405 Freeway he

would have come to the field tomorrow Saturday and worked on it, he was challenged. He lives by Disney Land which is like 60 miles perhaps. Finless also flies the same Airtronics radio Jason just got for five bills plus mind

you and that was the challenge for Finless. Even the Airtronics help line gave up and were flustered. But again with the freeway closure it was not to happen for Finless to guest us. So we pulled off the Align 780 and put on a

Futaba 401 and it does very well. For hard 3D he might have to move up of course but that will be down the line. Then the nut buster, Jason was coming in and there was that strong breeze I spoke to a moment ago and he

started to tip over when landing! He saved it but tipped against the wind which put his tail blades into the runway YIKES! Yes he ground his KD blades and YES stripped some teeth off the TT drive gear. Time for him to learn

how to replace those gears like we all did, schools in session. All in all he has done fine, real fine in fact. He has been flying since he was a kid and the last time he flew a heli it was a 450 years and years ago, but is has come

back in a week and half. He now carefully free flies and does circuits and lazy fig 8s.

That's story and I am sticking to it!

Nick, wow sorry about the triple digits[]

JPEE
Old 07-16-2011, 06:55 AM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you are enjoying the 500 again.

That is cool Finless was willing to bend over backwards to help out.

Nick
Old 07-17-2011, 06:27 AM
Aframomum

Hey guys,

Well JPEE...looks like you had a great flying day with your 500 and it was well deserved! Finless is an awesome guy and it showed just by his willingness to help you guys out.

I see you guys survived 'Carmegeddon'...hope the changes they made to the interstate will make the drive smoother.

Nick,

sorry to hear about your triple digit heat advisory...hope some relief comes your way soon. Maybe Glenn can send some cool weather both our ways. At least if your doing some backyard flying you can run back in the house in between flights to cool off.

Glenn...you lucky dog with your nice cool weather...I bet you are making the most of it.

We had some storms come through Friday and Saturday late afternoon so no flying...will have to try again some other time.

I did wind up getting an Align ESC and 450M motor to put on the 450 (found a good deal on HF )...just didn't like that my Xheli $15 Exceed motor burned up and that the Volcanoe series ESC didn't have a decent softstart (it actually didn't seem to exist ), so 2 components already replaced and it hasn't even maidened yet. So the experiment continues...

Mark
Old 07-18-2011, 04:17 PM
JPEE

Hello Boyz,

A quick story to wet your flying whistles.

We went to the desert on Sunday to ride our quads and hang with the son in-law and grandson. The sky was clear and there was a mild breeze. I had taken my trusty 600-1 jusy in case lol. I was very resistant to flying it

because there were a lot of people there camping and riding around. I asked myself, SELF can you fly with motorcycles running around and kids yelling and radio's ah blasting? HELL YES I can *. Then a dilemma came when

I looked for an LZ......... everything was dirt! Homey ain't sucking dirt into my NUE motor. Then it hit me, I drug the 4x8 rubber mat bed liner out of the truck and laid it on the ground Dah Dah!

Well then the adrenalin started pumping and my thumbs were starting to shake a bit. I lifted off and flew out over the desert and not the camps sites. It was amazing how far I could fly and comfortable it was to fly in the wide

open spaces. Then with the noise of the 600 people started looking up and leaving their campsite shelters. My right thumb shook so bad I had to keep it off the gimble. I flew the heli in kind of a lazy fashion and then pulled two

loops. I would only rest my right thumb on the stick for a quick input then lift it off. Finally after just 4 minutes I felt I had to land or my fingers would shake to bad to land the dang thing. I got her down safely but was so wired

from the adrenalin we had to hit the bikes again and go riding. What a day..............

JPEE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.