Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 07:18 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Mark,

I am sorry about your losing the 450 and as you explained, better the 450 than the 550 EEK! I have been looking at crash kits for the 700.......... OMG I feel nauseous when I see those numbers! !

I think it's pretty neat that you can do things with your son now that at his age he is where he can appreciate what he see and have some understanding of a plane ot shuttle. I live a about 3 miles frmo Van Nuys Airport

and they have benches and canopies next to the fiel in one area where you can see the planes come and go, me likie to watch the News Helicopters com in and out.

Back to the 500's for a minute, I find it so weird that both my ESC fell out of their programing. I can remember that on occassion where I might have been checking pitch I might have plugged in my pack and had left the

throttle at 50% and it went into programming mode? This might be something you want to double check on your helis. As long as the fly we can take things for granted it seems.

A good rest of the weekend to all, John

FOR YOU MCPX GUYS http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=288157
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15632.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	1648656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75393.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	1648657  
Old 08-15-2011, 12:15 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not a whole lot new to report from the Mid-Atlantic...kinda rainy and stormy here for the next couple of days at least...

Nick,

Cool on the free LCD monitor, they are so much cooler than the old CRT's...hope you are enjoying the extra space too...

Glad the Furion is flying well, and you like the faster response, I'll bet it's like night and day...

JPEE,

Wow, it took me a while to read that small novel on 500-1, and as Mark pointed out, your persistence paid off...glad you finally got to the bottom of it...I know how frustrating it can be....

Any word on the 700 arrival?

Mark,

Ah yes...the nose in take off/landing....I have come real close to the same thing, I think I have it down on the sim, but in real life, it's easy to get mixed up....glad it wasn't the 550!!

It's like me lately with flying the MCPX inverted, I've actually gotten confused on the collective once I get it upright again, and end up driving it into the ground on occasion...I actually need to relearn upright flight all over again!

I think the weather is looking halfway decent later in the week, so maybe I'll get a chance to take it out for a few fliights in the now-shorter evenings...

Hope you guys are having better weather....

Glenn
Old 08-15-2011, 12:17 PM
JPEE

No word Glenn, I check Horizon's site daily and they are still not stocked yet.

Glad your well, sorry about the weather. It will reach 92 or more today. We got and flew at the field 7:30 till noon today

John
Old 08-15-2011, 09:13 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Sorry about your 450.

That is good you and your son enjoyed watching the planes.

You aren't the only one that is rusty. I went flying at my field yesterday and had a few close calls with the Furion and 600. I ended up having the field to myself. The weather was perfect besides being a little windy. Hopefully I can get one more flight in before school starts next week.

Glenn,

Sorry your weather isn't the best for flying.

John,

That is cool you got to fly.

Nick
Old 08-16-2011, 04:53 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

A TIP FOR THE DAY

This "velcro" like product is usable forever and doesn't wear out. Unlike Velcro with a double loop weave on one side and a lint spun texture on the other this product sticks to itself! This new product is a nylon or plastic and I HOPE you can see the strands or ball like hairs on it in my pictures. If you use this as I did on my ESC (it came on my 600-1) and other pieces you can things like ESC's and RX's with such ease there should be a law. Unlike Velcro this can rub itself but it won't stick until you push it firmly together, then it enter-locks.

I called my supplier for the 700 today. he inturn called HH and they told him they expect to release my heli this week, OH BOY!

JPEE

Name:	Tr49719.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1649555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60741.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1649556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86587.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1649557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31874.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	1649558  
Old 08-18-2011, 03:08 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Today I was testing new motors in my 600-1 with the cut frame to accept monster size motors if needed. Though the modded cut frame is not needed for the fist motor an Align 600 MX for my first test. It flew it hard

and it was a bit ( I could feel and hear it ) stronger than my NEU. But like the NEU the battery got pretty warm and thats is what I am trying to get around, hot packs. Then I tried a new Turnigy 600 motor 1100kv with

a 17 tooth just another guy I knows flies with dail and he has the abiltiy to fly harder than I and do tick tocks, inverted and such. I installed that puppy and WOW is all I can say. That heli sounded like a 700 with power to

spare. I could flip 3 and 4 times in a row and the motor would not bog. I flew as hard as I could for 6 min and landed. We lasered the heat surfaces with a gun and found that the pack and the motor were 125 degrees and

the ESC was barely more than ambient air temp which was 87 degrees. I flew two packs and I can only say WOW. I am going back tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. while it is a bit cooler and take temps again as today I ran later and

it was hotter while I was doing the motor conversions. Some say this is a CLONE to a Scorpion motor! This make me think I might keep one 600 as a back up to the 700, but thats off a bit so who knows. You know me, I change

my mind like my shorts, every Saturday whether I need it or not. [X(][X(][X(]

Specifications:
Dimension: 58mm x 49mm, 78mm(with shaft)
Weight: 369g
Kv: 1100rpm/V
Turns: 10T
Voltage: 5~7S
Max Current: 110A
Diameter of shaft: 6mm
Length of front shaft: 21.5mm
ESC: 100~120A

Name:	Vt57268.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1650390  
Old 08-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hey JPEE,

I read some great reviews about the Turnigy motor, at least the 500 size. There was some early issues with not enough epoxy and things were coming apart during use but I think enough complaints were made and things are back to were they need to be. I hear they are powerhouses and your report confirms that...plus the price is very nice ($43), esp since Scorpion had to increase their prices recently (now $159). Good to hear some clone items are worth the risk.

Cool tip on the velco alternative...I may have to look into trying some in a future project.

Can't wait for your 700 to get into your hands!!!

BTW, that's a great lookin group picture you got there...kids and railroads go hand and hand.

Mark
Old 08-18-2011, 06:43 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the props for the grand kiddies and me.

Sorry, but that motor costs: $59.99 but still worth the trip. Shipping was like $9.00 so call it a flat $70.00 and again............ still worth it. Now with that all said tomorrows test will

be the proof of the pudding so to say. I want trap the numbers real well and my buddy is bringing a "logger" so we can see whats going on

Regarding the 500 motor, it doesnt work at all. Two of us here tried it and it requires an 11 tooth pinion to work right which are not to be found anywhere for the ? 5mm shaft as I recall, PLUS the magent thingie. They

say an 11 tooth won't leave enough metal inside so the pinion will shatter with stress. We had to go to a 12t and then run a curve at like 60% max and the motor and packs got HOT. It would be like trying to drive to California

in 1st gear. Otherwise flown with the 12 tooth and at a liner curve "we tried" would have left us throwing blade off the heli, for real!

Smiles Boys, JPEE
Old 08-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Aframomum

Thanks JPEE for clearing up the Turnigy motor issues I remember hearing...too bad they never could get the 500 size to work and I do remember the pinion issue...sounds like they needed to increase the shaft diameter so it could take the standard Align pinion. Good luck with your testing tomorrow morning - you guys sound like a couple of NASA rocket engineers doing engine testing out there.

I wanted to comment more on your pictures but I was at work and time was limited...did you ever see the show a year or two on the Discovery Channel ~ Extreme Trains? Awesome show and a shame it only aired for 1 season but it followed specific rail lines across the country and gave the history of the line as well. Many times they would do some steam history and would always go to a steam museum in Scranton, PA...Steamtown I believe is the name. Funny thing is it's about an hour drive from my inlaws and we do plan to visit when George gets a bit older. They even have rail rides with different engine types throughout the year, I think summers they have a steamer pulling a string of passenger cars for a 45 minute trip through the PA countryside. I seriously think I would enjoy it as much as my son would.

I'm finally breaking down and doing the servo cleaning on my mcpx that Glenn did last month...the vibrations were just getting too great to fly it nicely. When is summer going to be over? My son starts school this Monday (just a 3 hour 'class' 9am-noon) so dad will have some time each day after dropping him off to get some flying in so I want to make sure all 3 of my heli's are ready to go.

Nick,

How have you been doing? I bet your trying to pack in as much flying as you can before your school gears up again...this week right? What classes are you taking this semester?

Glenn,

Has your shop hired anyone new yet??? I believe you are in need of a vacation...want to drop by Fl (or Cali) in the winter? Our flying weather really is nice.

Going to go back to working on these servo's... [&:]

Mark

Old 08-18-2011, 10:32 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you are enjoying your new Turnigy motor.

Mark,

I am doing good. I am trying to relax as much before school starts. I start school on Monday. I am taking the beginner electronic class, physics, and Calculus 2. I am excited to look at circuits like an Engineer instead of a tech.

Nick
Old 08-19-2011, 02:43 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark,

I don't recall seeing that show. I only get one History and Discovery channel and they are pretty weak here for general cable without the upgrade.

About the train rides we have one here about 1.5 hours away in a town called Fillmore where a steam engine pulls passenger cars as well as open gondola cars with bench to so you're out in the open, pretty neat.

I have not ridden it but we have seen it. I did see one of those shows where a bunch of older guys were restoring locomotives and they had big cranes and such. When I was sixteen we used to hope freights and

ride up and down the state. There were nights we had to tied ourselves to the roof of a box car if there was nothing for us to get inside of. Ah those were the days.

How neat George is starting a his first time away from home. He will have fun and new friend's. I can just imagine how stressed you and your wife will feel that day. I remember well when I left my daughter in Kinder

garden and walked out the door backwards and stood outside for an hour listening in case she called me.

I flew the Turnigy 1100kv again today and here are my readings.
Ambient: 70 degrees
Idle-up 6 minutes flying the wheels off:
Motor and ESC 104 degrees. Considering we are 98.6 I could barely feel any heat on the ESC
Pack, 105 degrees at the bottom and 114 at the top where the wires come out.
Sadly my buddy forgot the Logger, we were going to check the pulled amps.

Nick,
I-YI-YI................ which is Spanish for HOLY COW! Physics and Calculus, my friend, there is no time for flying there until Christmas break now. Good luck but I know you will do well, you have shown over the years we

have chatted here you are goal oriented and will succeed.

Glenn, like Mark said, I hope all is well with you and that work at the shop is plentiful $$$$
Old 08-19-2011, 10:33 PM
evdreamer

John,

I enjoyed high school physics, so I don't know if college physics will also be fun or not. I didn't enjoy Calculus 1, so I know Calculus 2 won't be fun. I know this semester I need to study more and slack off less. I know I won't be flying this semester. I am curious as to what I am going to be learning in my electronic class, since there isn't a book for it. I will just take things one day at a time. That worked pretty good for me last semester.

Nick
Old 08-20-2011, 02:20 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I found out about this heli today in my AMA magazine. Mikado is working on a 800 sized heli called the XXtreme. They think it is the next trend. Picture 37 is a good close up of the heli. http://www.mikado-heli.de/images/xfc2011/index.html

I also found out I received a $2000 scholarship that I didn't apply for. I just have to join a student version of the IEEE.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:49 AM
Aframomum

Nick,

Awesome news on the scholarship...that was a huge help I bet!

I took a look on Mikado's website and they have some info on their 800...[link=http://shop.mikado-heli.de/LOGO-XXTREME.htm?shop=k_mikado_e&SessionId=&a=catalog&t =4538&c=4538&p=4538]800[/link]

I don't think I'll be ready for an 800 any time soon!! But I guess when I retire I can get a big heli that way I can keep flying when I'm in my 70's and still see the darn thing.

Enjoy your first day tomorrow.

I finally got my copy of RCHeli yesterday and saw they did a review of the new 600Pro...I do like the changes Align did with it. Another thing...I never noticed before but each page of RCHeli has a comment on the side of it...had me looking at all of my older ones to see what they had to say.

JPEE,

I don't think I ever tied myself to the roof of a boxcar...heck, I never even tried jumping on a moving train before. Guess I haven't really lived life huh? All I did was visit a train yard when I was a teen to take some pictures.

Finished cleaning my mcpx servo's and did a few test flights...have to say I was surprised by how much a dirty servo board can cause issues. I also got my 450 parts in so have been working on getting the TT gears replaced and going over the heli to make sure everything else is good, considering its a clone. May get a few flights in later this week.

Mark
Old 08-21-2011, 12:43 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I was hoping to get some flights in this evening, but we just had some HUGE storms come through, with tornado warnings, hail, and the whole bit....power went off momentarily, but came right back on....thank goodness...

I KNOW I won't be getting any flying in this week, things at work got worse, not better, we lost another tech, he left Friday...we have a new guy in that started Friday, the earliest we could get him, but it's going to take him a bit to get up to speed....

In addition, the other guy that works next to me, is taking vacation this week...[X(] SO, that leaves me, and the new guy....and we have at least 2 transmissions waiting to be done...[X(][X(][X(]

And, we have a car porter/jockey that has been going to Lincoln Tech that they want me to mentor some this week...which is actually more work than doing it myself sometimes...

Add a nice, full 8~5 Saturday to the mix....and I'll be one tired puppy at the end of the day Saturday...

I'll have to catch up on flying and posting after my "hell week" is over....

Nick,

Congrats on the scholarship! Must be nice to get one that you weren't even expecting....

Sorry to hear about the grim calculus class coming up, but that is the way to take it...one day at a time!

Mark,

Yeah, cleaning those servo contacts really helped my MCPX out a lot...much smoother.

Hope you can work a good schedule for flying and getting the little one to class...sounds like a plan...

JPEE,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya with the 700 for this week....I'll try to peek in from time to time this week, if I get a break in edgwise....

Nice pics from the RR too...

Hope you guys have a nice week coming up...

Glenn
Old 08-21-2011, 04:31 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Thanks for the link. I was trying to find a place on their website with more detail.

That is good your mcpx is flying good again.

Glenn,

That is good you didn't loose the power for a long time like in the past. Parts of Lincoln has lost power in the big storms I have had recently, luckily it didn't affect me.

Sorry about your work situation. Hopefully things will go better next week.

I have been prototyping a new Voltmeter circuit for lead acid batteries. It has autoranging capabilites to keep .001V precision from 4.7V-15V. It is a good way for me to remember the stuff I learned from my previous college.

Nick
Old 08-22-2011, 12:31 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Cool on the volt meter and how accutate it is.

Hey Guys,

I looked up (K)= Kontronic Retailer outlets today and called one who shall remain "nameless" to ask about their warranty. Was this call informative, yes! If a K goes bad on you, you do have to send it back to the seller

and then they send it on back to Germany. The mailing alone will take no less than 6 weeks. Because of the way they are built they "cannot" be opened for repair so new one can be sent if they feel the failure was

"part failure" and not abuse or from a crash.

Now the technical information. I told the tech that I was dealing with the new 700e and going to keep it stock accept for the K ESC upgrade. He went on to tell me that the stock motor and the K do not "like" each other

and often not work well or if at all together. He said many guys go to a Scorpion or other motor. I too have read on 700 Forums about this problem. He did explain it to me but I cannot repeat what he said with any accuracy,

so I won't. He also explained that only "some" of the version upgrades can be done with K Program Disk Wheel which is only another $145.00 dollars w/o sales tax added to the already spent $540.00 on the K ESC so now with

sales tax on both you have a grand total of $745.00. No but wait, there's more! The programming disk "will only" do some upgrade conversions but not this last one where K did an upgrade to make it a Version 9, you have to

send the ESC to Germany for that one.

He went on to talk with me on me about CC and their problems. He said that more times than not the CC burns up on spool up and if it burns, where it located on the frame precludes it from getting a real substantial damage, so

there is not real worry here other than being able to auto down "should you" be flying and it fails which he said is rare. It can be upgraded via a computer as to any and all versions or programming, He knows people that fly 700's

with CC 80HVs other brand "nameless" motors (the vagueness of some if this is to protect my source) that fly the wheels off with no problems in over 150 flights. So he submitted that make sure my ESC has been upgraded to remove

the bug they were having in this model and to fly it. He said, your saving $745.00 and should I have an issue or crash down the line that I am still money ahead and that it is not a common as people proclaim on the CC failure rates.

In closing he said for the type of flying I will do that really insures I probably will never have a problem and........ he gave me some build hints and where there is a frame problem that can be modded very easy to save a potential

rub of two moving parts that can bind and bring down the heli. So that kind of makes me think I should stay with CC and again I too have read from guys on HF & RR who have had no issues.

Still no delivery date but I am hoping for this week this.

Guys,

You have to see this. An RC plane built in the shape of a bird that literally flaps its wings.

http://www.flixxy.com/airplane-flies-like-a-bird.htm

JPEE

Name:	Vt57872.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1652080  
Old 08-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Aframomum

Earthquake Glenn...are you alright????!!!!

I just heard a 5.8 hit Virginia today and was felt all the way up to Canada. [X(]

Mark
Old 08-23-2011, 10:26 AM
JPEE

I just texted Glenn, when I know something I'll post.

My friends in Columbus Ohio just teed and here's what they said.

Virginia had an earthquake this afternoon 5.8 - felt it here in Dublin. My office was weaving back and forth - I came flying down ...... probably would be like a 3.5 here.... chandeliers were moving... didn't have to tell Mike and I what was happening.....

LOLOLLLLLLL

See, it is never boring here.

Paula
Old 08-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Aframomum

I hope all is okay with you Glenn, and to think you also have Irene to worry about as well this weekend. Please get all your hurricane supplies NOW before all the shelves are cleared...this may be a bad one as they are forecasting a possible CAT 3 or 4. Let's hope this one gets blown out to sea instead of making landfall...

Mark
Old 08-23-2011, 01:11 PM
JPEE

Mark, still no reply from Glenn though I am sure he is ok.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Aframomum

I do hope all is well with Glenn up there.

I did get to fly this morning after dropping off my son at school (which is working out terrific btw )...I found a park with baseball fields and soccer fields in the back area so it is quite large.

Just took my mcpx with me to try it out and no problems. While I was flying a few of the maintenance guys came over to watch and I thought - this is it, their going to tell me I can't fly RC stuff here but they were really cool about it. I talked with them for a bit after I landed and asked if it was alright for me to fly here and they said there are no problems...so it looks like I have a new place to fly at. Going to try my 550 tomorrow morning and see if I feel comfortable with the space available.

JPEE,

All I can say is I am totally amazed at the description you did of the K situation.

It seems that with the fast advancement of our electric equipment used on our heli's...there is a point at which the technology has not quite gotten to acceptable levels...I have to say with the failure rate/unusability of the CC HV ESC's and the unbelievable pricing and motor incompatibilities of the K ESC's, these high power applications are not there yet. At least that is the impression I am getting. Makes me seriously reconsider the 700E as maybe being in its infancy when it comes to the components.

Mark
Old 08-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Aframomum

Almost forgot...Nick, how was your first day of class?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:03 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

toss the junk and move up into the 450 series "not eflight" eflight is junk ! the b400 is ok with servo , gyro, and esc upgrades but the skids on your bird plain suck ! its under powered , i have a cp pro 2 that has been cannibalized i will sell
Old 08-23-2011, 06:10 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is a cool bird plane.

I wonder what CC did different from the Phoenix HV line to the ICE HV line that they would go up in flames. I haven't had any problems with my CC Phoenix HV ESC.

Hope you are ok Glenn.

Mark,

That is cool you got a new place to fly.

School is going ok. I was thrown in the deep end with Calculus. I got homework the first day. I was a little rusty, so it will take awhile to remember stuff from Calculus 1. I got a taste of what I will experience in Physics. My TA said a 1/3 of the class will drop out half way through because how hard it will be. I will just have to study a lot. I get to learn about imaginary numbers in my electronic class soon. That was one thing my tech school didn't go into a lot of detail about. Imaginary numbers are used a lot with AC circuits and I don't have a lot experience with AC circuits.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.