Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:24 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Blew off your homework, had I not read that statement typed from your hand I would not have believed it! Consider yourself admonished in a very kind way.

It is a bit cooler here today, very tolerable I must say. We have been doing yard work all day. In the past two weeks we have filled 5, 4, and 4 today for a total 13 green waste cans and we have only trimmed one hedge and we M
blew out the leaves under the hedge too. We are 3/4s of the way done. So come Monday after trash pick up we will fill another 4 cans and be done.......... I hope

No heli repairs, just not in the mood. We have tons of other non RC stuff to do. A break is nice every now and then.

Mark AKA "Lightening Fingers"

Yes you out gunned me on that one for sure

As I read your question I think I fogot to post that information. No biggie, we ate at Popeyes Chicken. It is not home cooked by any means, but in our opinion it far exceeds Kentucky Fried Chicken. And we only eat chicken

like that once to twice a year. I hate to say this.............. but stuff is not good for you. My three piece plate with coldslaw and biscut had 1,350 calories including the Coke []

On the little one in a resturant. My guys are 6, 10, 16. But I can tell you when they were small my daughters "would not let" them disturb other patrons dinners. If the child got board and started fussing she would scoop him up and step outside.

Then whoever got done with their meal then walked out and took the child and my daughter would come in and eat her food. Of course that doesn't apply to McDonald's or a fast food store but any type of resturant dining that's how we rolled.

The other place if you can them is Chuckie Cheese Pizza house where the kids are "supposed to run crazy wild".

By the way... who said pre flight-checks are not necessary? Look at what found today

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86462.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1655256  
Old 08-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hey JPEE,

You have a good eye to catch that itty bitty hairline crack on the control arm...might be time to upgrade to the metal one: [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/2_375_1498_1341/products_id/158522/n/Align-Metal-Tail-Rotor-Control-Arm-Set-Black]Link[/link]

Thanks for your insights on family restaurant outings...we are learning to do carryout and eat at home for the time being. Plus with school now being in full swing for the little guy if my wife and I both have the morning off we try and sneak a relaxing lunch in, so that is a nice rarity.

Mark
Old 09-01-2011, 01:05 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Here in California we just had a very nice 4.2 earthquake 14 mile from the house. No damage but sure ruined a very nice nap that was underway. My first move was to pull my truck out and take down my helis from their shelf and set them down on the floor. A guy has to be prepared, right!

JPEE
Old 09-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Aframomum

Hey JPEE, only you Cali guys will put the words 'very nice' and 'earthquake' together! But I'm sure for you they are as common as hurricanes are for us. Glad you all are alright.

Nick,

Have you recovered from your lack of sleep this week? Yeah, I hate putting things off to the last minute but sometimes it just winds up that way...then you get to rush to play catch up.

I had some nice flights with the mcpx and 550 yesterday morning, mainly practiced my inverted for all the flights...it's starting to come back from where I left off in June (before the summer heat moved in ).

Update on the 450...I didn't realize it earlier but that messy nose-in take off in which the tail caught the curb seriously weakened the tail grip bolt and I didn't think to change out those bolts during the repair(you do see where this is going right? []).

Well, after getting things back together I was doing a simple spool up to check for vibrations (minus main blades) and bam...tail bolt shears and the grip bullets across the room. Luckily it was only at 40% throttle and the tail was not pointing at me but still...scary.

No damage to the heli but I'm definitely replacing the grip bolts both in the tail and for the mains with some hardened steel one's. I'm not blaming this on clone bolts b/c Align bolts may not have fared any better with the way those blades scraped the concrete during that takeoff.

So a definite reminder for me that just b/c the heli is smaller doesn't mean you can let your guard down.

Mark
Old 09-02-2011, 07:12 AM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you saw that crack.

That is good it was a little earthquake.

I got your heat yesterday. It was 105 here.

Mark,

I will pretty much be sleep deprived the rest of the semester. I have come to expect it.

That is good you got some more inverted practice.

That is good no one was hurt by the tail grip. I can't remember if John talked about this awhile back, but I have started taking off with the tail pointed away from me and others just in case something like that happens.

Nick
Old 09-05-2011, 11:08 AM
evdreamer

Guys,

I just got back from my Make A Wish flight. The weather was pretty good for flying. My flight was a little sloppy, since I didn't get to practice before the event and I am also getting over a cold. The crowd seemed to enjoy it though. There was a pretty good turnout.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:34 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Sorry to hear your tending a cold, man I hate them!

Your fly for the Make A Wish sounds like overall it went well for you. Even if you were a bit rusty, they wouldn't know that away. I am sure you gave them a real uoooo and ahhhhh flight.

When you say there was a pretty good turn out what are you talking about 100, 200, 300 people?

Take care and feel better.

No flying for me, been busy with other stuff and tomorrow will be 103 and then Wed will be 106............. Homey don't fly in that kinda heat.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:08 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys!

I'm finally just about back to normal....I had no idea how exhausted I was until I had this weekend...got lots of rest, and relaxed most of the weekend, and feel a whole lot better....

I fired up Phoenix, and started working on upright flight....good thing for simulators, that's all I have to say

I am so rusty on upright flight....I realize now that it was a mistake to concentrate totally on inverted flight for such a long time with the MCPX. I was getting really comfortable with it, flying back to back flights inverted the entire flight...but I found after weeks of that, I really lost it on upright flying...so now I'm going to go back to upright for the forseeable future, then maybe mix it up about 50/50...

I was going to take the MCPX out tonight, but we are getting the remnants of that Tropical storm Lee up here now...looks like rain for the next few days....but I'll keep on the sim...hopefully get back on track...

Mark,

Glad that tail blade didn't hurt anyone....they do go zipping off pretty fast....and can certainly inflict some serious damage...not sure which is worse, a super high velocity tail blade, or a larger, slower moving main blade..[X(]

Nick,

Glad your Make a Wish demo went well, even though you were a bit rusty....

Hope you feel better soon...

JPEE,

Yeah, anything in the 100+ is too darn hot to fly, for sure....

Glad you guys just brushed off that 4.2 like it was just another annoying little quake...lol...

Hope you guys have a nice week ahead...I know I'll be feeling better....

Glenn
Old 09-05-2011, 06:05 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

Its nice to hear things are going better for you.

On the flying inverted, I recently read that the big boys fly 80% up and only 20% inverted of each trip to the field for the very reasons you sited!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:33 PM
evdreamer

John,

There were probably a 100 pilots. There were lots of tents/planes up and down the run way. There were probably 200+ people in the crowd. I never heard what the total count was.

I decided to take advantage of the Labor day sales.

Glenn,

That is good you are able to recover after your stressfull week.

Nick
Old 09-06-2011, 08:34 AM
JPEE

Nick, come on man, don't bait me like that "you took advantage to the sales" Nick what neat stuff did you buy???

I hope you have a good week at school.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:54 AM
evdreamer

John,

At the event yesterday I was wishing my 600 would flip faster. On the sim I am used to a fast flipping heli. I am limited to about 6 degrees of cyclic pitch on my 600 and I can get 8 degrees out of my Furion 450. Soooooo, I decided to get a Miniature Aircraft Furion 6. The Furion 6 basically has the same head as my Furion 450, so it should flip just as fast. I also like that the Furion 6 has a direct servo setup and a bearing support for the motor shaft. I was hoping I could use the motor in my 600, but the KV rating is too high for the gear ratio on the Furion 6. The motor shaft is also 1mm to small for the bearing support. So I also ordered a new Scorpion motor with a lower KV rating and a bigger motor shaft. This new motor has more power than my current 600 motor, so that should be fun. I also got the pushrod I needed to get my Velocity airborn again.

I am thinking about just using the Velocity as a trainer for noobies. I might try to get a used Hitec transmitter or have my LHS order one, so I can buddy box with my Hitec transmitter. If I dial down the HS I could probably get 6-7min out of a tank. Then I could just fly my electrics for demos and for fun.

Nick
Old 09-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Nick,

Sounds like you had a great time at the event and it seemed to be a good turn-out.

Am I too understand you got another heli...a Furion 6??? That's awesome that you got another 600 class...something to compare with the Align and I'd be interested in your evaluation. Looks like your taking a serious interest in Miniture Aircraft.

I too took advantage of the Labor Day sale at Helidirect but not to the extent of your savings...I just got some screws for the 450's tail and some silicon grease.

JPEE,

Sorry for the heat you guys are still having...100+ temps are brutal to be out in. [] Hope a cool front brings some relief soon.

Glenn,

Sims are a life saver aren't they?!

BTW, are you still on your original tail motor? I think the one I got was a partial lemon as it holds but not as the original one did...I usually have to make corrections during hovers. I also saw that KBDD made colored main blades for the mcpx...[link=http://helidirect.com/eflite-mcpx-c-1_30_314_1802.hdx]KBDD[/link], didn't know if you saw that yet? Looks kinda cool and bet you could see that thing from twice the distance you normally could.

Looking forward to getting some flights with the 550 and mcpx over the next few days...been getting some rain from the leftovers of Lee, so may just get to fly on Thursday...Glenn, how are you guys faring up there?

Take care everyone,

Mark

Nick, I was going to ask about putting some KBDD paddles on your Align 600 but couldn't remember if yours was FBL or not.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:03 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I was/am impressed by how well the Furion 450 flies, so if the Furion 6 is anything like that I will be a happy camper. The only thing I will be unsure with is the belt. I have never autoed a heli with a belt drive, so that will be interesting with the first auto.

My 600 used to be FBL, but currently it is FB. I have the stock carbon paddles on the 600. I don't know how the KBDD paddles fly, but I didn't want to sacrifice stability for flipping speed.

Nick
Old 09-07-2011, 12:34 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Congrats on the new larger brother to your Furion...hope you enjoy it as much as the 450 version...be sure to keep us updated...should be interesting for sure...

Hope you have some time for the helis between work and school, going to be busy for awhile I'd guess!

Mark,

I replaced the tailboom/motor once, and I couldn't tell any difference between the new one, and the replacement...so maybe you did get a dud if there is a lot of difference in the way the motors feel.

Anytime my tail isn't acting right on the MCPX, I usually re-tweak the blades by twisting them back into their original shape...in fact, I just do it by habit now, definitely seems to help the tail a lot for me.

That's cool on the colored blades, and yeah, it would help a lot to increase visibility on the MCPX, it sure can get hard to see when they get out there a bit...

Lee is dumping huge volumes of rain here, today was ridiculous...inches of rain at a time...I can see why it flooded some areas down south...seems to have let up a bit now, it was really pouring earlier today.

I think we might be getting some clearing by Friday.

JPEE,

Hope your heatwave eases some, so you can get some flying in soon...

Any word on the 700 yet? I know you said October, but sometimes they get them faster than they predict...let's hope so...

Glenn
Old 09-07-2011, 12:53 PM
JPEE

Hi Glenn,

We were supposed to go flying this am. before it got hot, over a 100 they said. Then my girls called an invited us breakfast so I passed on the early fly. When we came home at 9:15 am. it was 98 on the car thermometer!

No more word on the 700, still mid October. I am planning on it not to be released at minimum until late October not at the begining as they stated.

I want to post parts of a letter from my friend just sent me. This is Jason who I helped buy the 600. He went camping up north. He was at 6-9K feet in elevation. He tried flying his Funjet and his heli. Now the good stuff and interesting things..

Jason says; My brother and I hiked up to Nellie Lake above Huntington. I flew the 500 ESP at 9450ft!!!... flies weird when trying to lift off... does not like to hover well and I had it at 100%, that little tail is not very effective in the thin

air when hovering. However, when in forward flight, all is alot better!! but I almost dumped it in the drink (lake) a few times because it's just not liking the high alt. I think the 600 or bigger would be better. More rotor area. Flew the Funjet

off of China Peak (9670ft ??).. needs a LOT more speed then down here!! but I just could not resist a sheer Sierra cliff with 2-3 thousand ft drop offs!!

I told Jason to see if he set some kind of RC record for flying at that altitude??

John

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0SN3tG4Atk[/youtube]
Old 09-07-2011, 12:57 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The Furion 6 is going to be a slow build for me. My Calculus and Physics classes have a lot of homework, so that is keeping me busy. So far I am getting really easy electronic homework that I can finish in a few minutes. That will probably change in the next few weeks. I plan on pulling all the electronics from the 600 and put them in the Furion 6.

I have been invited to fly in an air show again that I have done in the past on the 16th. They want me to bring my big helis, but there isn't a whole lot of room to fly. So I am thinking about bringing the Furion 450. Usually the crowd is pretty close to me, so there isn't a lot of room if something should go wrong with my heli.

Nick
Old 09-08-2011, 09:30 AM
evdreamer

Guys,

I just saw the blue angels flying over my house. They are putting on an airshow this weekend, so they were probably practicing. There were two of them that were flying really fast and really low to the ground. I could see them in detail.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:17 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Did he wave as he flew by? At an Air Show here some years ago they flew and landed the Stealth Bomber. As the Pilot flew over the field three times I could see his

face under his oxygen mask so to speak and as was flying the knife edge as when he came by. In frickencredible I'll tell and your guts were vibrating inside your body.

Congrats on the Furion 6, I hope it brings you tons of happy flying time.

Good news on being asked to fly once again for anothr Air Show........... your best and they know it!

John
Old 09-08-2011, 08:53 PM
evdreamer

John,

I didn't get to see the cockpit. They were banked and I saw the underside of the plane. At first I heard really loud jet engines and just thought some fighter planes were hauling a** somewhere. Then I was out flying my Furion 450 and heard the jets again, so I landed and saw them fly past the tree line. That would be cool to see the stealth bomber. I don't get to see many jets in my area. I see a lot of prop planes and black hawk helicopters.

I got a couple of quick flights in with my Furion today. I was trying some new stuff out and trying to be precise, since there are a lot of obstacles to hit in my backyard.

I should get the Furion 6 tomorrow if I don't miss the UPS man. Then I just need to pick up the motor at the post office.

Nick
Old 09-09-2011, 04:52 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Hope you catch the UPS man for your new heli today...always fun to get a new toy before the weekend..

That's cool that you got to see the Blue Angels, and didn't even have to go to an airshow...I saw them years ago in Annapolis, pretty impressive, for sure...

Nice on the quick flights in the backyard, and the invite on the airshow.

I am wondering if it'll ever stop raining here...lots of flooding around here, but none affecting me directly...some people have it bad though, one of our guys can't get here to work, the roads are flooded.

I think maybe it might be clearing a bit for the weekend...

Hope you guys can get some flying in...

Glenn
Old 09-09-2011, 10:55 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is good the flooding isn't affecting you.

I just got my Furion 6. I am a little disappointed right now. The factory seal was broken on the box and the canopy is missing.[&o] As far as I can tell everything is still there. Now I am waiting to hear back from the company that I bought it from.

Nick
Old 09-09-2011, 04:32 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

Heliproz's customer service is great. They responded quick to my email and shipped a canopy out today. I was thinking about waiting to build the Furion 6, but started to build it right away. The frame, swash, and washout arms are complete. So far the build has been pretty easy. I found one of the pressed in nuts on the frame is missing. I am thinking about picking up a loc-nut to fix the problem. Everything seems to be much beefier compared to my 600. The main gear is twice as thick as the 600 main gear.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:01 PM
JPEE

Go after it Nick, get that thing done this weekend, I know you can do it.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:17 AM
evdreamer

John,

I pretty much finished the mechanical build on the Furion 6. I need to get a 7mm nut driver for the tail grips. Then I can put the grips on and be done. Then all that is left is the electrical setup. I thought it was unusual that the kit doesn't include a foam blade holder. I put it next to my 600 and they are the same height, but the Furion 6 is longer.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.