Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 02:39 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Guys,

Good news on the 6 being a bit longer that the rex 600. Anytime you can size it is better!

We had a Fun Fly today and (spelling) Kyle Dahl was there to fly. Here is a short video of the new but still in R & D Logo Monster 800. In this video you will see him in the next booth fusting around in a blue shirt and hat. Also, the voice you hear as the 800 is being discribed by the Ready Heli Rep is who else standing next to me ............. Finless Bobb. I have tons more to post after I cut some of it down to size.

In these snaps shots you will see the 800 Logo next to a 600, this will give you and idea of how monster this thing is. I had my buddy place his hand in one picture as a referance again to its size.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR0VAf83oYo[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44985.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1660348   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37201.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	1660349  
Old 09-11-2011, 04:02 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi guys,

First off...Congrats Nick on getting your new Furion 6 and cudo's to Heliproz for taking care of the canopy issue...I remember how I felt when I got my 550 and there was an issue with old parts so I know the feeling of not getting all that your expecting, glad it worked out for you. I didn't think you would be able to 'sit' on the build for that long...

No Furion blade holder? Did your Furion 450 come with one? That's kinda odd of an item to not include. Guess you could use the one from the 600 but you'll have to blacken out the Align wording.

Cool on the Blue Angels low fly-over...did you get to see any more of their practice show before the actual day?

BTW...any pictures of your new 6????

Glenn,

Has it stopped raining yet? Hope you get some flights in soon.

I haven't heard you speak much of your SDX...is the mcpx putting everything else on the shelf?

JPEE,

You got to meet the MAN...Finless himself...how awesome a previledge is that??!! That 800 is a monster...I would have to get a completely new hobby table just to build it on. That is one huge advantage of living in CA...you get some really nice shows/vendors come by.

Interesting on the high altitude flying...I know a few members on HF that live in Colorado and fly at high elevations...of course the pictures of their flying sites are breath-taking.

I've had a very good week...got to fly my 550 3 days while giving my mcpx a break. It was fantastic...I've also been increasing my flight times after noticing I was putting much less then 80% back into the battery...so now I'm up to 6 minutes...which strangely feels like a lot.

Decided to go back to my location that I did the 550 maiden (the smaller unfinished subdivision)...just feel more comfortable there, plus I moved myself so the darn light pole isn't in the way. Basically practiced on some inverted stuff and started doing loops again...and this time making sure I keep one eye on the ground all the while. With all the storms we've been having we had some very nice fall-like weather some mornings which made for some nice flying.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Mark
Old 09-11-2011, 12:48 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is cool you got to see the 800 in person and met Finless.

Mark,

Now I just have to check the pitch range, reprogram the ESC, glue the tail pushrod guides, and put some blades on. If I can get it to balance without the canopy I might be able to maiden it tonight.

My Furion 450 came with a blade holder. I checked the manual to see if there was supposed to be a blade holder, but was missing. There was no mention of a blade holder and I couldn't find one in the parts section. I test fitted my 600 blade holder on the Furion and it fits, so I will pick up another one.

I didn't see anymore from the blue angles besides the fly by.

That is good you had nice weather to fly in.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53998.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1660714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92578.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	1660715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93007.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1660716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14206.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1660717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71105.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	1660718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17090.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1660719   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38179.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1660720  
Old 09-11-2011, 03:10 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I just got done with the maiden of the Furion 6. It is a beast. It makes my 600 look like a toy in the air. It is just like its little brother, there is a lot of power, quick on the cyclic, and still stable in a hover. I need to adjust the govenor gain because the HS is hunting and showing up in the tail. It would be easier to hook up the batteries if I add extensions to the ESC. This was well worth the money and I will be able to try more things during a demo.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:25 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your Furion 6 maiden flight! You make it sound so superior to the Align 600 I would assume you'll sell of that old airframe at some point.

Real happy it all came together. Next you'll get the canopy and the blade holder and you will be set.

Here is a real treat I was saving for you guys until I could load it up. Listen to the narrative to see who is flying. He is a great guy, very approachable. We discussed his 700 and I was looking at where his ESC and such were placed. Again a very nice man. I won't type his name, "he" should be able to enjoys his weekend without the hubb bubb, ya know what I mean. As you will see he is quite the Pilot! He is around all of the time at the City Field. If you have the time load up the video in 720 and blow it up your screen to see the details of his strong abilites, remember he is two years younger than me, so I have hope

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afpAUbhzjw0[/youtube]

Mark,

WOW flying that 550 are you, that's great! After I hit the light pole at the park the third time I started walking out there and leaning against it so I know "right" where it was! And you know what?? I never hit it again. Also Mark, your trick of zip ties for the landing gear so when you come in low from those loops LOL and they separate has save my bacon at least three times already!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:14 AM
evdreamer

John,

I lowered the gain on the ESC and now the tail is behaving a lot better. I will try to fine tune that when I have some more time.

Yeah, I plan on selling my 600 and 450 airframes at a local RC auction next year or on craigs list.

He is a good flyer. That 700 sures has a lot of power. You will have a lot of fun once your 700 is airborn.

Nick
Old 09-13-2011, 08:28 AM
JPEE

Nick,

Glad your "bugging out" the new Furion 6. I hope when you sell you get some good bucks, but I would suggest you sell now! The price of old 600s and 450 no Pros is dropping like the stock market with the new Pros out there.

John
Old 09-13-2011, 06:35 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Congrats on the Furion 6 build, and maiden...sorry you got an open box...but good to hear that Heliproz took good care of you, I have heard nothing but good about them, and they helped me out with the Raptor when I called about some parts for it.

Sounds like the MA is quite a bit superior to your 600...glad you like it a lot, and are having fun with it, for sure...

Hope you can get some flying time in before the fall turns to winter....you still should have a good month or so I'd guess...

Mark,

Sounds like you have been enjoying the 550...and it's cool that you are back at the more comfortable field (except for that stupid pole...)...glad to hear it...and the 6 minute flights sound cool too..

Yeah, it FINALLY stopped raining...and now it feels like summer again...mid 80's today...but a nice cool front is coming...I can't wait, this weekend is supposed to be in the upper 60's for a high....bring it on!!! I'm sick of hot, humid weather, and high electric bills! [&o]

So, I may get to do some flying...except that I have to work this Saturday...

I have not been flying any of my "real" helis...not until I get over my inability to fly upright....no kidding, it got that bad...spent way too much time inverted with the MCPX, I'm still trying to get it straight on the sim....then the MCPX, then the Gaui, then work up....I learned a lesson...not to concentrate so heavily on one single thing...but rather just move around and try different things here and there....I was enjoying the inverted thing so much, I got carried away...

JPEE,

You are meeing all the cool people...between Finless and Jenner, that is quite a cool experience, I'll bet...and seeing the 800 in person is cool too!

Just like drag racing, dirt bikes, and most other cool things, it all starts/happens in SoCal....hope you are enjoying it all....between the earthquakes that is...(couldn't resist...)

I took on a little project this past Saturday, decided to finally replace the kitchen sink and faucet....been putting that project off for a long time now....it turned out well, and is a huge improvment...and no water leaks....

It took a bit of doing, the countertop opening needed enlarging for the new sink...but it was well worth it...took most of the day Saturday...

Hopefully by next weekend, I'll be in the air with the MCPX...

Hope you guys have a nice week....

Glenn
Old 09-14-2011, 12:45 PM
evdreamer

John,

I had a feeling I wouldn't get much for my T-Rex's. Mine won't have electronics and the combo deals from Align are hard to compete with.

I got some connectors today, so I made a Y-extension for the Furion 6. It is much easier to connect the batteries now. I can also disconnect it and charge both batteries at once on my Hyperion charger.

Glenn,

That is good you are getting some better weather.

That is good you are enjoying the new sink.

Nick
Old 09-14-2011, 01:00 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

John,

I had a feeling I wouldn't get much for my T-Rex's. Mine won't have electronics and the combo deals from Align are hard to compete with.

I got some connectors today, so I made a Y-extension for the Furion 6. It is much easier to connect the batteries now. I can also disconnect it and charge both batteries at once on my Hyperion charger.

Glenn,

That is good you are getting some better weather.

That is good you are enjoying the new sink.

Nick
Nick,

I have seen 600 airframes complete "LESS" electronics go for 250.00 to 325.00.

Me too on the batteries, I want make my set up so I can charge both my 5000 mAh packs at once on my Hyperion. I tried it once to just to do it and link the two sides together and it worked perfectly.

Sad news is, there are already new 3GX FBL systems NIB on the Forums for sale from $175.00 to $180.00 and they retail for $240.00. Everyone is going to V-Bar it seems. ALL of the helis flown and the Fun Fly we just

had ALL had V-Bars. My buddy has a Mikado 600 with V-Bar and he just got a 700 and put the V-Bar on there from both the Beast and the older 3G which he said was crap and with the new V-Bar the 700 came alive and

felt so much more stable. Look like flying here is on hold, the weather is gray cloudy and some thunder showers and then it gets hot and humid ICK!

Glenn, hope you get that weather your looking for so you can continue to work on the right side up flying.

Good Luck to you both
Old 09-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Thanks for showing off your new Furion 6...it does look very nice. Kinda weird seeing the motor in the back and the gyro in the front. The holes in the frame for the wires to go through...I like the rubber grommet idea. I also see that there is a bottom plate (where you have the electronics placed) and it seems to be a mounting point for the bottom of the main shaft? Lots of ingenious designs incorporated there. Glad your enjoying it.

Hope you get some decent returns for the 450 and 600...I know with all the changes that Align made in the past year there will be quite a few in the market classifieds. At least you got your money's worth out of both machines.

JPEE,

I enjoyed the video of Mr. __ flying...it was very smooth and relaxing to watch. Not too fast and in complete control...quite amazing and I hope my eyesite and reflexes are on par when I am his age.

Don't fret on seeing the 3GX systems on the market already...there are those that just don't want anything to do with Align electronics and upgrade at the time of the heli purchase with the intent to sell the Align stuff.

One good thing about your wait on the 700 is the 3GX you'll get will probably have some of the earlier bugs worked out as Align does seem to keep an eye on the forums and make necessary changes to correct issues. Good things come to those who wait...isn't that how the saying goes?

Sorry for your extreme heat...I had to catch myself earlier this week when the temps got back into the 93 range and I was complaining...then I thought of you guys trying to fly out there in your heat and zipped it real fast!

Glenn,

Didn't know you had such an issue with your old sink leaking...don't you know your not supposed to clean your car batteries in it? Lol. Glad you were able to finish that major undertaking and I bet your enjoying your finished project.

Hope you get a chance to get out with some of your other heli's soon...one thing I found out real quick was how much corrections the FBL of the mcpx does for you...my first invert on the 550 last week had me surprised at how many little corrections I had to do to keep it in one place. Guess I got spoiled with the mcpx. And the 6 minutes is turning out to be nice...getting used to that too.

Sorry for you having to work Saturday...I can imagine your probably beat by the end of the day but you'll have all day Sunday to do some catching up.

Yesterday I caught a potential disaster before it could happen...I was going over the 550's tail (was getting a bit of vibration in the tail fin) and found the grub screw in the hub (holds onto the tail shaft) had back out enough that it wasn't holding. [X(] It had loctite on it but still came out...thankfully there was an extra one in my left-over screw/bolts bag so got a new one loctited and installed and tossed the old one. I remember a discussion about not using grub screws more than once...think I saw it on Helifreak but wasn't taking any chances.

Finished the repairs on the 450 after the separating tail grip and will do a test flight tomorrow morning to see how it is.

Mark
Old 09-15-2011, 02:09 PM
evdreamer

John,

I flew a 450 with the old Align 3G and thought it was ok. I never did 3D with it, but it was good for sport flying.

Mark,

There is a gap between the CF electronic plate and the bottom of the main shaft. I also like the rubber grommets. I don't have to worry about wires getting cut on the frame.

I was getting my Furion ready for an airshow tomorrow by adjusting the gyro gain and the ESC gain. I finally got those locked in and I had a boom strike as the heli was spooling down.[&o] There are little spacers in the blade grips for the blades and it was kind of hard to tighten them down, so the blades were a little loose. There was a violent shake. I saw the flybar was bent and there was a big dent in the boom. The blades and everything else seems fine though. So I got those parts ordered along with a main shaft and spindle just in case. That got me in the mood to finish fixing my Velocity. The engine still runs great. It took awhile to remember what I assigned the switches for. There is a little drift, but that will go awhile once the pushrod links get broken in. I also got my canopy for the Furion 6 later yesterday. The paint job looks really good. Then I got the PEM nut that was missing in the Furion 6 kit along with the blade holder today.

That is good you caught the loose set screw on your 550.

Nick
Old 09-15-2011, 05:32 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Sorry to hear about the loose blades and the damage they caused[&o]

So you had an old 3G from what? and put it on the 450 ? So it already had a FBL head?

Do you think I could put 550 blades on my 500. I need to measure that if for no other reason just cause I (inquiring minds) wanna know!

John
Old 09-16-2011, 06:55 AM
evdreamer

John,

I helped a guy setup his 450 last year that had an old 3G unit on it. I did a few test flights for him.

The 550 blades might be directly over the tail blades on a 500. I don't know if the root thickness of the 500 and 550 blades are different or not.

Nick
Old 09-16-2011, 05:27 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I had fun at the airshow today. The weather wasn't the best for flying, but the crowd seemed to enjoy it. There were a couple of paragliders and a guy with some model rockets.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:48 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Guys,

I had fun at the airshow today. The weather wasn't the best for flying, but the crowd seemed to enjoy it. There were a couple of paragliders and a guy with some model rockets.
Good deal Nick!

What did you fly?

How many packs?

If nitro how many flights

How many spectators were there?

I measured the 550's with an online conversion table and then stuck tape measure over the 500, nope no way. I just thought it might give me some more disk area. It can't be done without an extended boom.

Glad you had a good day

Old 09-16-2011, 08:09 PM
evdreamer

John,

I flew the Velocity. I was planning on flying the Furion 6, but the boom strike prevented that. I flew once. It was in the mid 50's with a cloud covered sky. I wasn't able to properly tune the engine, so it was lacking some power. I was able to do what I wanted though. There was probably a couple hundred people there.

Nick
Old 09-17-2011, 05:45 AM
JPEE

Very Cool Nick
Old 09-19-2011, 06:42 PM
evdreamer

It has been kind of quiet here. I replaced the boom and main shaft on my Furion 6, so it should be good now. I also got a couple of flights in on the Furion 450. There are going to be a couple of fun flys this weekend. I might try to go to at least one of them depending how I feel after my 3rd shift.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:34 AM
JPEE

Hello Boy's,

YESTERDAY:

Well it was a clear morning and all was still. We slipped up the field early this morning knowing flying would be nice. There we were, my fly buddy Bob and I with our helis. I take my 500ESP out for a spin first. She is

gliding along like glass and all is well UNTIL.............. for some reason during a corkscrew barrel roll she got crossed up. I do these all of the time but this went south fast. Before she hit the ground I did get her dang

near 100% blades up before she hit the deck. As I walked out there thinking there goes a pocket full of bucks I was pleasently surprised that with a cursory look here's what I lost.

1. Blades 500mm
2. Main gear and auto rotation gear
3. Boom "slightly" bent. I have a belt system on this esp (for crashing, cheaper to repairs)
4. One ball link, the shaft pulled and took the treads with it.
5. Landing skids, but the rails are good
6. Maybe the tail shaft?
7. Main shaft and top bearing

Though the list is long there is not a lot of bucks there really. That the electrics, esc, servos, gyro and motor are all good is HUGE for me.

So I pulled out the 600 and flew that puppy for the rest of my fly time at the field. Come tonight about 5:00 it will really be nice up there as now it is like 90 degrees But we have dinner plans with friends that includes MEAT !

arrrr so that is a priority lol.

Nick,
Sounds you have "some doings" going on out your way with Fun Flys, have some fun kiddo
Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Aframomum

Hi all,

Nick, yes...it has been a bit quiet here but it seems you and JPEE are keeping things moving.

Glad you were able to get your Velocity flying again, sorry about the boom strike on the Furion 6...hope the replacement parts arrive soon.

At least your getting some nice flying time in, esp with your nice cool weather.

JPEE,

Sorry I missed your question on the 550 blades...could of done some measuring of mine for you. Glad you were able to find some numbers online...btw, have you seen the new beast that Align has released as the 500 Pro? [link=http://helidirect.com/align-t-rex-500efl-pro-super-combo-kx017016-p-24617.hdx]500 Pro[/link] Looks like they took the design changes they did to the 600 and incorporated them into their new 500...pretty sweet. There is an excellent build thread on HF with pictures galore of it: [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=338702]Build thread[/link]

My budget EXI experiment has nearly come to an end...did a test hover a few days ago and it was all over the place...seemed the TT gear (in the boom case) partially stripped in flight, hence the all over the place I was dealing with. My tracking was a bit off but I didn't think that could be the cause.

Only when I tore the tail apart did I find the culprit...the spot on the boom where I drilled to pin it tore open like a can of sardines. Thankfully I was able to land with no crash, but am planning to replace things with Tarot parts...I know they are decent quality from my past experience with them. Going to start with the entire tail section first then move to the head as things wear out.

On a positive note I was having a wicked shimmy in my mcpx in the middle throttle range and so replaced the main gear, main shaft, and feathering shaft and this mornings test flight showed that the shimmy is now gone...so that's a success. So I have my mcpx and 550 to fly. [8D]

Mark

Glenn....................MIA?

Old 09-20-2011, 08:11 AM
evdreamer

John,

Sorry about the 500.

Have fun at your friends and enjoy the food.

Mark,

I fixed my Furion 6 last night. The main shaft didn't seem bent, but I was seeing some vibrations in the tail fin. I put in a new main shaft and the vibrations seemed to go away for now. I just need to test fly it.

That is good you were able to safely land the EXI and that your mcpx is flying better.

Nick
Old 09-20-2011, 05:59 PM
JPEE

ENTIRE POST DROPPED AGAIN, I FORGOT TO DO A "COPY" FIRST AS INSURANCE

TO TICKED TO RETYPE NOW, BYE
Old 09-21-2011, 05:43 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Sorry to hear about the boom strike, that is no fun, at least it wasn't too bad, and sounds like you got it straight now...hope all the vibrations and what not are gone now with the new main shaft.

Cool that you got the Velocity fixed and flying again, and had some fun with it.

JPEE,

Sorry to hear about the 500 crash...but as you said, a lot of times the initial impression is worse than the actual damage...hope you get it fixed and in the air again soon...

Sorry you lost your post, that's always frustrating...[&o]

Mark,

Glad you caught the tail grub screw before it became a major disaster...good work!

Sounds like the EXI is a work in progress...work to keep it flying... Hope the Tarot parts, as you replace them will make it a bit more reliable.

Glad you got the MCPX all good now too...and yeah, I am probably spoiled by the FBL on my MCPX as well...

Not much new here, had to work Saturday, so that takes the wind out of my sails for the rest of the weekend...so I never did fly...and I have been kind of busy here at work the first two days of the week...

Now it looks like rain until Saturday...maybe Sunday I'll finally get the MCPX out for a few flights....

Talk to you guys soon....hope everyone has a nice week...

Glenn
Old 09-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

RCU has the worst trackrecord when it comes to losing long posts...and sometimes the fingers are too fast to hit the ok button. [:@]

You and I must have posted about a minute apart yesterday.

Really sorry to hear about the 500 going in...that is never a good feeling but is an unfortunate part of our great hobby. At least you had the 600 to finish your day and then meat for dinner...oh yeah!

Nick,

Glad to hear you got the Furion 6 fixed after the boom strike...hope the test flight goes well and no vibrations.

Glenn,

I know the one Saturday you have to work per month is a life drainer, but at least your done with that for now and have 3 free ones to look forward to!

Yep, my mcpx is flying smooth again...no vibrations at all which is nice.

Hope the rain clears for a nice weekend and nice cool weather.

Yeah, I didn't have too much hope in the EXI but was curious...now that's satisfied. Not too disappointed as I really didn't have too much invested in it and Tarot parts aren't all that bad price wise...just the factor of having to wait for shipping is the only draw back. At least I have other heli's to fly in the meantime.

Got the chance to take my 550 and mcpx out this morning...it was very nice and I got to practice my loops with my 550. Started messing around with some box loops instead of round ones...kinda cool to try out and I did a few sloppy cuban 8's. I also worked on my consecutive flips (like 3 or 4 in a row) and tried them way up high to try and control them...I had the habit of trying them 2 mistakes high and usually after the second one they start to wander all over the place...so starting this high was a bit different for me and seemed to work well.

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.