Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 09:35 PM
xeliman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

you need a fortune for all this hop ups just take a tc4 team kit that comes ready to race.and its better from tt-01 with all the hop ups loaded
Old 12-20-2006, 09:51 PM
bIGmiK

Honstly guys this thread is about the TT-01. Opens thoughts are welcome, but no need to go saying

"a cheap (Exactly, one of the best things about the car), unreliable car (Unreliable? In what way, they drive the same all the time, hardly ever break) that is no good for racing (OK, it's not the best racer.... What do you want for $90?), unless you wand to drift in a big open space (Yes, drifting if fun), where you can't break anything (You havn't owned a TT-01 have you? If you did you would know how hard they are to break)"

And Xeliman, not everyone wants to buy a car to race with. Some people want to spend some extra money and buy special hop-ups to make their car unique to others. And alot of us don't want a car to race... We want something fun to bash around up and down the road with and take off jumps (hahah yes I jumped my TT-01 many times).
Old 12-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Hacker Da-Cracker
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

thats nice, look at all the alloy!
Old 12-20-2006, 10:11 PM
egagnier

Thanks for the positive remarks BigMik! I got sick of the trash talk about 3 weeks ago and I used that little red hand at the bottom of the nay-sayers post.

Just like you pointed out, I for one, have no plans on racing. I put the cars together because I think it's fun. I run them up and down my street and will probably some day take them to a track or something but for now I enjoy hopping up the 4 cars that I have and just plain 'playing around'. Nitro, electric, 1:10 or 1:18...it's all fun!

I don't see the point in talking down to other people that have the same hobby as me. I guess that's what happens when you get to be a little older

That old saying that you've heard a million times really is true "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
Old 12-20-2006, 10:26 PM
Rare

some people......
Old 12-21-2006, 12:08 AM
bIGmiK

Yeah, I just really get sick of the trask talk.

I think alot of it though it just kids bragging because mummy and daddy has deep pockets.

I don't know how many of you know this because of how much I know about the TT-01 and how I actually type properly and what not. But I'm just 15, and I have a job to pay for the hobby. Parents don't buy me anything (Except for my birthday and xmas). And even then, I generally don't get RC gear as it's something that is for me.

I also ride downhill, race bmx, do 4X, freeride, got dux of my school, visit too many RC forums, browse eBay, and go out with friends Haha no idea why I told you all that.

TT-01 live long.

Can't wait for the TRFTT-02
Old 12-21-2006, 12:10 AM
bIGmiK

Oh and on a side not.

I still don't have a TT-01, but I did order 2x Matched IB3800 packs. They need assembling and deans soldered on. Should be good
Old 12-21-2006, 01:43 AM
Rare

BigMik, Tell me more about this TT-02!
Old 12-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Drew23

HELLO I JUST GOT AN ACCOUNT AND I AM NEW TO THIS I WANT TO GET A TT-01 BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TYPE TO GET THE TT-01R THE TT-01D I WANT TO DRIFT BUT I WANT SOME THING THAT COMES WITH GOOD PARTS ON IT WHAT SHOULD I GET
Old 12-21-2006, 01:47 AM
Rare

ORIGINAL: Drew23

HELLO I JUST GOT AN ACCOUNT AND I AM NEW TO THIS I WANT TO GET A TT-01 BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TYPE TO GET THE TT-01R THE TT-01D I WANT TO DRIFT BUT I WANT SOME THING THAT COMES WITH GOOD PARTS ON IT WHAT SHOULD I GET
Get the TT-01R.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:07 AM
Dudelive

ORIGINAL: Rare

ORIGINAL: Drew23

Get the TT-01R.
Welcome to RCU.

Just do alot of reading and you will see what will be best for your type of driving.

Loose the caps lock please as it appears you are shouting and some can get rather upset at it.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:53 AM
bIGmiK

Some more good news!

Someone I know is willing to sell their TT-01 (happens to be my old one) back to me for about $30USD for the roller
Old 12-21-2006, 07:01 AM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: bIGmiK

Honstly guys this thread is about the TT-01. Opens thoughts are welcome, but no need to go saying

"a cheap (Exactly, one of the best things about the car), unreliable car (Unreliable? In what way, they drive the same all the time, hardly ever break) that is no good for racing (OK, it's not the best racer.... What do you want for $90?), unless you wand to drift in a big open space (Yes, drifting if fun), where you can't break anything (You havn't owned a TT-01 have you? If you did you would know how hard they are to break)"

And Xeliman, not everyone wants to buy a car to race with. Some people want to spend some extra money and buy special hop-ups to make their car unique to others. And alot of us don't want a car to race... We want something fun to bash around up and down the road with and take off jumps (hahah yes I jumped my TT-01 many times).
yes actually i do own a TT-01 , have you ever owned one?, if you have , you would know that they break a front upright every run, an no im not a bad driver, i drove it round my local track, with a silver can motor in, and i broke a front upright, and lost a dogbone.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:05 AM
rcluke

Yeah, I just really get sick of the trask talk.

I think alot of it though it just kids bragging because mummy and daddy has deep pockets.

I don't know how many of you know this because of how much I know about the TT-01 and how I actually type properly and what not. But I'm just 15, and I have a job to pay for the hobby. Parents don't buy me anything (Except for my birthday and xmas). And even then, I generally don't get RC gear as it's something that is for me.

I also ride downhill, race bmx, do 4X, freeride, got dux of my school, visit too many RC forums, browse eBay, and go out with friends Haha no idea why I told you all that.

TT-01 live long.

Can't wait for the TRFTT-02
Yeah 'mate' your not the only 15 year old around here, i have to buy all of my own things, and i am just sick of spending £14 everyweek for the front upright parts tree.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:10 AM
bIGmiK

You need to stop running into things....

What are "front uprights"? Is tht the front shock tower / diff cover?
Old 12-21-2006, 07:25 AM
rcluke

i dont ' Run into things', i have clean laps, then the uprights just break with no reason,

The front uprights are the bits that go inbetween the front wishbones, the bit that the axel goes through.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:33 AM
bIGmiK

They are the knuckles arn't they?

Anyway.... Things just don't break. I never broke one of these, you must be doing something a bit wrong for them to keep breaking. I have never heard of people breaking so many before.

\Maybe you have something assembled wrong?
Old 12-21-2006, 09:51 AM
rcluke

They are the knuckles arn't they?

Anyway.... Things just don't break. I never broke one of these, you must be doing something a bit wrong for them to keep breaking. I have never heard of people breaking so many before.

\Maybe you have something assembled wrong?
i havnt assembled it wrong, have you ever ran one on a carpet track?

yes they probs are called knuckles, but different sites call them different things
Old 12-21-2006, 10:11 AM
bIGmiK

Honestly I don't see how they could just "break" as you are "driving along".
Old 12-21-2006, 12:03 PM
rcluke

neither can I,

can we just finish this, the TT-01 is a fine cheap car to start with, drifting and racing.

BUT, it is no competition for the Schumachers and Yokomo's.

Who agree's?
Old 12-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Rare

ORIGINAL: rcluke

neither can I,

can we just finish this, the TT-01 is a fine cheap car to start with, drifting and racing.

BUT, it is no competition for the Schumachers and Yokomo's.

Who agree's?
why does it always have to be a competition?
Old 12-21-2006, 07:50 PM
JasonRP

Hi everyone! I just bought a TB-02, and I was looking at how many people own a TT-01, and now I'm sorta wishing I would have started out with that car!

I've owned 2 Nitro R/C 1/10th scale vehicles- an HPI Nitro RS4/2, and an HPI Nitro MT.. Both were fun, but now that I've got a little one, I don't want the nitro around in the house. I previously owned a TL-01, and liked it, but wanted something better. Anyways, the previous cars were all for parking lot bashing. Now I want to RACE! It seems that with all the TT-01 owners, these things would be huge at the track for silver can (stock) series?

Anyone race your TT-01? If so, what is the class you race in like?
Old 12-21-2006, 09:18 PM
bIGmiK

At my local track there is a class called "540". In this class you can run the Silver can tamiya motors, or the Tamya sports tuned motors. Both have closed end-bells so you can't relaly maintain them, but they are so cheap.

The "stock" class means 27turns fixed timing (or is is it 24degree?) motors. And THESE THINGS FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 02:06 PM
F_B_I

Ok guys it finally cam in. Im the proud owner of a tt-o1 finally I will slowlly build it with some aftermarket hop ups. I will research some stuff like Ive seen about the drive shaft and then performance. Here is a pic of the kit. Give me tips so that when I start putting it together I dont mess anything up. I will be ordering the ball bearings and shaft next week. Im ancious.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23559.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	581801  
Old 12-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Rare

ORIGINAL: F_B_I

Ok guys it finally cam in. Im the proud owner of a tt-o1 finally I will slowlly build it with some aftermarket hop ups. I will research some stuff like Ive seen about the drive shaft and then performance. Here is a pic of the kit. Give me tips so that when I start putting it together I dont mess anything up. I will be ordering the ball bearings and shaft next week. Im ancious.
use red auto grease or white lithium grease instead of the tamiya grease.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.