Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 07:58 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,
A quick note. I just updated my iPhone and it came with Cloud! I am not sure what it is but I did download how works but I haven't looked into it. I know it changed my picture album but that's all for now.

John
Old 10-18-2011, 06:02 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah, the Whiplash is a 90 sized. An interesting thing about it is the one way is in the pinion instead of the main gear. They said there is less torque there and should help prolong the bearing life. A 90 sized engine wouldn't be as bad on fuel cost as the new YS120.

It sounds like you are busy with the new iPhone. Least you can enjoy that no matter what the weather is like.

Nick
Old 10-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

JPEE,

Hope you are enjoying the build...how's it going? Any pictures...you know we're all anxiously waiting! I know the Kontronics and V-bar will bring you a huge sense of security. Hurts at first but with the reports of Align and CC, those kind of chances just can't be taken with a bird that size.

Nick,

Will Christmas be coming early this year?! Possibly a new Whiplash or Fury 55, either sounds good to me.

Good to hear you are enjoying your 450 too.

Glenn,

Sorry to hear that the past weekend was so busy for you, but with all the new releases of 'techy' stuff seems you've been having a grand time.

We are having a nice big storm covering most of Florida right now so with the high winds and rain no flying for the next few days. As the locals say...welcome to the rainy season down here.

Mark

Old 10-19-2011, 09:00 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

Christmas won't be coming early for me this year. I have to take an extra class next semester, so tuition and books come first. I still have a ways to go to save for that.

Sorry it is raining there. The temps are starting to drop here. It was 34 degrees this morning.[&o] The weather looks nice for this weekend and I have it off from work, so I will probably go flying.

Nick

Old 10-21-2011, 06:32 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Sorry the weather sucks there[] and I hope that Christmas bonus does come through for you too!

I am choking on these words, "I am done with Spectrum" as of today!

When I went to the desert a week ago I unloaded my daily flier 500 and it would not bind with the radio and make connectivity. I did not have a bind plug with me so I grabbed my other 500 and flew. When I came home I tried to re-bind the radio (DX7) to the receiver, but the receiver would not light up or flash as they are supposed to. So I ran tests on this AR6200 with satellite and found the receiver is dead but that the satellite works fine with another receiver. So yesterday I ordered a used AR6200 on HF and thought that is the end of my Spectrum problems.

I went to the field today to meet with up with my buddies and when I took the 500 that is waiting for the new/used receiver which now temporarily outfitted with a AR6100 which I have been flying daily for a week now, it's now dead! and wont bind with the radio. I DID HAVE a bind plug this time so I re-bound it to the radio and flew three flights today. Next I brought out my 600 TREX and it too ! ! ! would not bind to the radio. I was not going to play with that at the field, so I said that's enough for me for today. Then my buddy turned on his 500 and SAMETHING! He checked his radio to make sure he had the right 500 (he has three) so he change models and tried again, no bind. He studied for a few minutes then he went back to the first 500 slot and tried again she LOCKED in pretty as you please that time ????? He flew without issue. I have had this DX7 lose it idle-up setting a few times over the years in fact, but I just thought electronics are electronics ya know, but today was crazy. PS: I tried my DX6i on the dead AR6200 receiver from the desert tonight and it is still dead so with a second radio that is verified, she is grave yard dead.

A friend of mine there at the field and a senior pilot uses the latest and greatest, Airtronics SD-10G 10-ch 2.4G Computer Radio w/7-ch RX700 Rx which is what Finless and the Align Flying Team use as well. To back up a step, I just ordered and they are in the mail now (2) new Spectrum satellites for my V-Bar on my 700e, my friend those are going back as soon as they hit my door and I am getting the Airtronics and their receivers for the fleet. It won't be much as I am selling off my Blade 400's, 450 Pro, (1) 500 ESP and (1) 600e and then in the end both radios. That will still leave me with one each 500-600-700 heli so I will only need two more receivers as one comes with the radio to make this change. I have poured money into this 700e buying the very best parts, V-BAR and KONTRONK ESC so I guess a new radio is small price to add and pay for. I'll just drop another receipt in my drawer with the rest to help keep this fleet in the air.

John
Old 10-21-2011, 09:39 PM
evdreamer

John,

Sorry about all your Spectrum gear. I haven't had any bad receivers with them, but I have had many problems with the transmitter and receivers not "linking" with each other. I am really happy with Hitec's 2.4GHz system. So far I haven't had any problems or complaints with them. They don't use bind plugs on the receivers. They have a little button that you press when you want to bind it to the transmitter. Their receivers are pretty cheap compared to Spectrum receivers too.

Nick
Old 10-23-2011, 03:48 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I had a great day flying. I got a lot of flights in on the Velocity and 3 on the Furion 6. I almost crashed my Furion 6. I was practicing some rolling circles and I got kind of low. It was pretty windy out, so I think a gust pushed me even closer to the ground. Luckily I recovered. Then my Velocity was slowly coming apart. First I was having trouble with the flybar paddle staying in one spot. At one point it turned 90 degrees in flight. There are two holes on the paddle, so I put it in the 2nd one. It was a more advanced setting, but I didn't notice a difference. I made an improvised ruler out of an old wire to make sure both paddles were the same distance. Then when I was getting ready to go back up I noticed one of the screws that hold the see saw in was missing. Hopefully I have a spare, since it is a specialized screw. Then I saw one of the links came off of the flybar cage. I am surprised I was able to fly it. I was having a lot of fun with it. I got the engine tuned in pretty good and was doing some good piro loops, piro tic tocs, and piro rainbows. I also noticed the flybar paddle on my Furion 6 was also twisting.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Your literally flying your heli's apart! That's got to be some major smack your doing...sounds like it may be time for a bit of superglue on those paddles. Glad you had a good day flying and some flights with both birds...I seem to notice you really like doing piro moves.

JPEE,

Sorry to hear of your problems with the Spectrum gear...guess I have gotten lucky in that I haven't had any binding or loss of bind issues (of course I probably just jinxed myself ). I am sure the Airtronics will be a worthwhile investment.

With the sales of your 400, 450Pro, 500, and 600 I'm sure you'll get more then enough to cover some of the costs.

I did get the chance to take up my 450 this morning...have been considering doing an overhaul of her in the coming weeks...since this is my primary bird would like to upgrade the cyclic servo's from the cheapo Towerpro to either the Hitec 5065 or Align DS410M's, also want to change out the tail section...the EXI stuff is just very weak metal and I don't really trust it. After that we'll see how those changes equate in flight.

Mark
Old 10-23-2011, 04:48 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Yeah, I really like doing piro moves. Sometimes I will just leave my finger at full rudder for the full flight. I found a spare screw for my Velocity, so it is flight ready again.

That is cool you got to fly your 450 today. I have the 5065's on my F450. I really like them. They have been really reliable and can take a beating. There is a lot of slop in the gears after 2-3 years of use, but they still work. You can also program them.

Nick
Old 10-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Aframomum

Thanks Nick,

I am still going over which servo's to try, esp since I may wind up getting a BeastX for this thing...finally. Talk about an overhaul.

Glad you were able to find that specialized screw for the Velocity, hate to see it grounded for a simple screw.

JPEE,

How's the 700 build coming along?

Glenn,

Lost in Iphone world?

Mark
Old 10-25-2011, 01:12 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

It sounds like you are going all out on your 450.

I went flying again today. It was supposed to be cold today, but it ended up being nice outside. I flew for 2.5 hours straight. The winds were 20+MPH, so no one with a plane would show up in that, so I got the field to myself. I got two flights in with the F6 and I finished the gallon I got on Sunday in the Velocity. I was having fun doing really big loops. It was a lot easier with the strong winds. On my last flight with the Velocity my engine died. I just did an auto and everything is fine. I CA'd the paddles on my F6 and they didn't move around. I also tightened the paddle screws on the Velocity and those were fine today also. The same link is still coming off on the Velocity flybar cage, but it is still flyable.

Nick
Old 10-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Yeah, I decided that since my 450 is going to be my primary flier I might as well transform her from the EXI experiment that she was to a more reliable Align flier. And since I am wanting to get into FBL this is a perfect place for me, plus the BeastX can be transferrable to a larger bird in the future (yep, always looking down the road a bit ). I did sell the mcpx to fund the 450 overhaul but that's alright as the mcpx served its purpose in getting me confident in inverted hovering.

I still can't imagine 2.5 hours of flying, but that's the dreamy bliss of having a nitro that I'll have in a few years (when my son gets a bit older ). For now I'll have to settle for your amazing stories. Glad your paddels are holding now with the CA, and congrats on the effortless auto with the Velocity.

I have to say the one thing I liked about my 550 was its ability to fly in winds that normal planks couldn't handle. My current 450 does get grounded though. [] Maybe the FBL will help with that.

Mark
Old 10-25-2011, 06:46 PM
JPEE

Nick,
You flew for 2.5 hour a monster man! Sorry about having to auto down the Velocity, don't you just hate that. If that is all it takes is some wind to keep the place to yourself, start praying for wind!

Mark,
Sounds like your really bugging out the 450 and that she will be s sweet flier when you're done. A lot of guys here are using the BeastX and like it. My buddy just bought a new/used NIB one from a guy to put in his 600e. He just got done buying an Align 3GX to put in his 500 and it is sweet and very fast! ! ! He has it set in "beginner" mode and I say this in all sincerity, "he is a TOP flier for 20 years" and getting used to how fast everything moves with FBL takes some getting used to. He is running a pretty high head and flies for 7 minutes and come in 3.7 and mostly 3.8 per cell. Losing the cage and paddles is HUGE as far as saving battery power.

JPEE,
Well I got some time for myself and got to work on the 700. My Kontronik and V-Bar are all here. Then I did something Sunday I thought I would regret once I got it. I did go ahead and get a new radio. I got the Airtronic's I told you about and OMG what this radio can do is incredible. I will never use all if its bells and whistles but it still has made a big difference in what I can do with my helis. Tonight Jason came over and helped me get through the last part of radio set up. I have the rx in the frame and hope to do a test hover out front tomorrow. Then I have to buy a few more receivers and I am good to go. When this is all done I hope to just have my plane, 500-600-700 and that is it. To many toys takes to much time and storage.

BTW: I spoke with CC today and I do have to send back my 120 HV for a redo! With that and my left over 3GX I will make the 600 FBL and "possibly" HV

Smiles Guys
PS: Glenn, miss you and wish you well when you read this.

Pictures wont load I'll come back for those in a bit
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59017.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1678823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt59990.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1678824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45514.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	1678825  
Old 10-26-2011, 06:41 AM
evdreamer

John,

We have plenty of wind year round here.

It looks like you are making good progress on the 700.

That is good you are enjoying your new Airtronics radio. Let us know how you like the Kontronik ESC. I have been thinking about picking one up for the F6 to see what the govenor is like.

Nick
Old 10-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Your 700 is coming along nicely...glad you have someone that was able to help with the new Airtronics setup. It is amazing what the new radio's are capable of. Did you say you were planning a test flight tomorrow? Wow, that was a fast build! I know the excitement you are feeling with a new, and big bird ready to take to the air. If you can do some video of the spoolup...just so we can share in the excitement.

Mark
Old 10-26-2011, 06:55 PM
JPEE

Sorry Mark,

That post was started a day ago and I tried updated to today. No... The 700 only has the frame and head done. Maiden won't be till late next week. I have another friend coming over to teach me how to set up and use the Kontronik and V-Bar so there is some scheduling to do there. More to come.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:26 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I'm still alive over here...just been busy playing with the new toy, figuring all the new stuff out...

JPEE,

Wow, you are really going to be starting the 700 off with a clean slate! I like the new radio, looks really nice...and I was thinking there was going to be a learning curve with it, glad you got someone familiar with it's setup to help out...I know just going from the DX6i to the JR was quite a step...

Looks like the build is coming along nicely as well...maybe a maiden late next week? You'll have to be sure to get that on video!

Glad you have some assistance with the V-bar and Kontronic set up as well....as you know, experience is the best teacher, and somebody that has worked with them before will be a huge help...I know from watching Justin help people setup their V-bars...there's a lot to know!

Mark,

Sounds like the EXI is getting quite an overhaul! Hope you don't miss the MCPX too much....they are fun little helis to fly around in a small space, and certainly are inexpensive to crash!

I like your idea of going FBL with the 450...after owning/flying the MCPX, I have given a thought to FBL for a 450 as well....would be fun to play with, for sure...and they keep getting better, and less expensive..so maybe at some point I'll give it more thought as well...

I also think it's a good idea to concentrate on one size/model heli at a time...I once read where Bert Kamerer commented on that...especially when learning new moves...just more consistent and predictable when you get used to one heli...

Nick,

Man, 2.5 hours in a session! I don't think I could concentrate that long...but I think at your level, flying becomes a lot less stressful and fatiguing than it is for lesser pilots...

Glad you saved the Velocity with a nice auto...

Good to hear the CA fixed the floppy flybar paddles as well...

I haven't flown since last time out with the MCPX...just been too busy with the new phone and it's features...I have always had a struggle between the helis and the tech stuff...and right now, the tech stuff is winning...

Maybe this weekend....supposed to be nice, but quite chilly...last weekend was nice, but quite windy...

Hope everyone has a great week/weekend ahead...

Glenn
Old 10-27-2011, 09:08 AM
JPEE

Thanks Glenn for the comps. Glad to hear your well and busy. Repairing the garage door, have to run for now.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Aframomum

Glenn, welcome back!

Glad to hear your having a good time with the new phone and all its functions. But don't forget to get some flying in before winter moves in unexpectedly.

At first the selling of my 550 was a major hurt but now with the prospect of going FBL on the 450...it doesn't feel as bad anymore. Plus by using the BeastX, I can transfer to a larger bird later down the road when things get back for me. So kinda a win/win for me.

JPEE,

I hope nothing too serious with your garage door...I had one of the rollers come off the track (non-automated door opener) and it was a bit of a job getting it back in the track. Take care and get some help if needed...that door is much heavier then it looks.

I had a feeling you weren't going through the 700 build that fast but had to make sure I read was correct. I was looking over the instructions for the Beastx setup (not to mention the HF forum as well) so can understand the complications during the setup. Good thing you have someone already experienced in setup to help you out...will make it all go that much smoother...and on the Kontronic as well.

Mark
Old 10-28-2011, 06:04 AM
rotarydoc

Mark,

Speaking of winter moving in unexpectedly....the forecast for tomorrow is wind, rain, and maybe some SNOW....not supposed to go above about 41 degrees....BRRR[X(]

Crazy weather these days....

Hope you guys have some decent weather...

Glenn
Old 10-28-2011, 06:36 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Did your new phone come with a big manual?

Hopefully it won't snow too much there this winter.

Nick
Old 10-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Aframomum

What's up guys?

Did anyone get any snow the past few days?? I saw that NJ and parts of PA got some...this is only October right?! Hope all is okay Glenn.

Got some of my parts for my 450...new servo's, main gear, and main shaft and bearings. Now just need to finish installing them and wait for this wind to die down a bit to see how much better she flies.

Nick,

Any recent flights with the Velocity to see if the engine is behaving?

Mark

Old 10-30-2011, 05:14 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I didn't get any snow. There was a pretty big snow storm here in October. I think it was in 98.

That is cool you got your 450 parts. What servos did you end up getting?

I had to work in the morning this weekend, so there isn't much time to fly before it gets dark. Then I have two big tests this week, so I won't have a lot of free time. I think the wind was speeding up the rotors and maybe over revving the engine if that is possible. The tuning might have been off. I usually go by how quick the engine recovers after doing tic tocs and if I hear the engine RPM's shooting up. My glow plug might be going bad. My govenor could have also lowered the throttle too much to slow down the engine.

Nick
Old 10-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

I went with the JR DS285 b/c of the nylon gears vs. metal ones with the Hitec 5065...cheaper to replace and not having to get a programmer card to adjust them so they won't burn out in a crash.

That's quite a list of possiblilties for your engine quitting on you...guess one easy variable to eliminate is to fly on a non-windy day.

Back to working on my 450 overhaul...

Mark
Old 11-01-2011, 05:19 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys

Good and bad news today. I told the guys I am not flying this week good weather or not, but rather that I was going to work on and complete my 700e. I got busy today and because I had already finished the

frame and head I started on servos. I took my servo leads ends off and slipped over my wire armor so as to never get a chaffed wire. I heat shrink each end too, makes-err look nice and tidy. So the servos

got mounted and the boom, tail assembly too. I have taken every screw that Align had put together and pulled them off. I Dremeled wire wheeled them to clean the threads and reinstalled so "I" know there will

be no surprises down the line lol. It is so funny, the tail blade grips like much of the heli that was pre-assembled with Lock-tite was "greaseless" the radial bearings, they were bone dry!

Now the bad news. I had to disassemble the one-way bearing system to grease and then reassemble. One of the retaining screws stripped out of the one-way bearing hub at $90.00 HOLY CRAP ! ! and Double YIKES ! !

The icing on the cake was when I unwrapped my canopy it has shipping damage. Whatever was inside of it got pushed in tight and made a paint star crack on both sides. I don't know how to submit a warranty claim,

that's for tomorrows agenda. Life goes on and on and on it seems. I might go to a machine shop I see if they can tap that hole by a squeek and I can go to the next size screw. I dont know if that would cause a balance issue?

Mark, I hope your 450 restoration is coming along to your satisfaction

Nick, I really hope when your school and work schedule allows you can nail down the Velocity engine issues, that would kinda scare me having the motor quit from time to time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85416.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1681486   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49375.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	1681487   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46530.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1681488  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.