Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

Tonight is actually going by really nicely, so that is a plus for working a holiday...not to mention the holiday pay. Nick, glad to hear your day went well too.

I just caught the part where you had issues with the CF tail rod assembly coming loose...doesn't Vbar have vibration monitoring software? I know many guys will balance the entire tail rotor assembly and not just the tail blades...if that is a possible source of vibration.

I can completely understand not wanting to confuse 2 different electronics systems and I'm sure you'll be able to get a decent amount for the 3GX. I'm kinda going over the functions of my Ice100 ESC so coming from only Align stuff it is a bit more in depth, so I'm sorta sharing that learning curve bit with you (at least on the ESC side).

BTW, besides the GenAce's what batteries are you using for the 700?

Nick,

The reason I was asking about using the powerpoles on the motor connectors is b/c my Ice ESC has larger connectors then the motors (4mm on the ESC and 3mm on the motor) so I was going to just get 3mm female and solder them to the ESC but now may just use the 45amp powerpole connectors I have on hand. I'll have to take a look in the frame section I plan to mount the ESC in and see how much wiggle room I have for the powerpoles verses the bullets.

Nice to hear you were able to do the crimping w/o having to remove anything...don't think soldering with the electronics still in the heli would be possible.

Mark
Old 11-24-2011, 04:21 PM
JPEE

Mark,

I have read that V-1 had tail issues and that were supposed to be cleared up in V-2 like mine. HOwever I did and do note that my tail grips are looer than I would like them They sell shims to shim the out DAAA so they tight to the inside spindle. As far as vibration with only that one short pack that is kind of an unknown at this time. I fyou look at the pictures you will see that hanger than kinda moved on the boom tube past the metal and then let the CF rod vibrate inside of it, hence the noise. They said in the instructions to slip a zip tie under the top of it so as to make it grip the boom but the fit was so tight I did not do that. It is plastic an it felt like I might strip out the clamp part so I was probably to careful. The senior at the field said to use CA that this is one of those things you have to deal with.
To my knowledge there is not VBAR sensor for vibrations, if it gets vibrations the tail starts dancing I am told which is the first sign you have issues.
Also I need to get a boom strut stabilzer clamp that goes from one boom to the other, they make a CNC one. I have a CF one on the 600 and that stops the struts from looking like gutar strings.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22163.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	1690781   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35473.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	1690782  
Old 11-25-2011, 07:39 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good your day at work yesterday was good.

Guys experience RC is having a 12.5% discount for Black Friday. I ordered some goodies from them for a new heli that I hope comes out next month.

Nick
Old 11-25-2011, 11:26 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving, and have a great black Friday today as well!

Glenn
Old 11-25-2011, 07:34 PM
JPEE

Hello Glenn,

Once again it is always nice you hear from you. I trust you had you fill of turkey and fixings? Perhpas a little taste of some pie too

Nick, THANK YOU for the heads up on Experience RC, they have some very good prices. I just bought two more battery trays for the 700. They aren't cheap being CNC so I did save some money there. I also check the other well known sites but your site was the best.

I had my second 700 flight today. Much of this pack was spent setting my normal and stunt head speeds. I think we were at just under 1800, I forgot. I am running the heli and a top tech was tracking and telling me to increase my curve so I honestly dont recall what it was. I can tell you that after my flight of up and down and hovering and some free flying for at least two minutes the Batteries, Kontronik, were ice cold. Yes the handling is different, but more than that for me is trying to wrap my head around this lower head speed than I am used to "hearing" but with SO MUCH more POWER. I puckered and while in forward flight threw her a 100% and she shot up so I fast I needed call her back, "I had no canopy" and orientation was getting out fast! I have never flown with a governor either so having that control my head speed is weird too, but I will leave you with these three words I LOVE IT

John
Old 11-25-2011, 08:09 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you also got a nice deal at Experience RC.

That is great you got some more flights in with the 700.

Nick
Old 11-26-2011, 09:47 PM
JPEE

Some people call it a Birthday, but I call it in anniversary of your life. You only have one birthday and every year after is an anniversary, so Happy Anniversary you know who!

Your friend John
Old 11-26-2011, 10:22 PM
evdreamer

Happy B-day Glenn.

Nick
Old 11-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Aframomum

Arrrgh, almost missed it...

HAPPYBIRTHDAYGLENN!!

Mark
Old 11-27-2011, 07:14 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark,
Was your 550 T Rex fly bar less and flying on the 3G X?
Old 11-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

I'm glad that you were able to get some more test flights in with the 700, sounds like your getting her tuned in. Now put the canopy on and let her loose a bit! I took a look at those battery holders and ouch, bigger heli bigger price. Guess with the battery configuration you can't simply swap out the older batteries and put in the new ones, better to swap out entire battery packages?

My 550 was flybar all the way to when I sold her, so my only experience with FBL is with the lil'ole blade mcpx. You, my friend, are treading in somewhat new waters.

Nick,

Thank you also for the ExperienceRC sale...got some parts for the Protos and the Black Friday sale went through to Sunday for us shopping slackers.

BTW, what heli is coming out next month?????? (is this the one your bonus is funding?!)

Mark

Old 11-27-2011, 08:04 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is great you got a deal at Experience RC also.

I am hoping the MA Whiplash E Flybar version comes out next month. The FBL version is already out and the only version scheduled to be released next year is the Gasser. If the flybar version doesn't come out this year I might get the FBL version and use one of my Vbars or get a Kasama Srimok 90E flybar. I ordered the blades and a Kontronik ESC. I just need a motor and batteries. I pulled the electronics out of my Velocity for one of those helis. I was also thinking about getting a Scott Gray Reactor regulator for the bigger power demand.

Nick
Old 11-28-2011, 07:36 AM
JPEE

VBAR ON SALE AT READY HELI RIGHT NOW FOR $50.00 OFF CYBER MONDAY

MIK4991 Fullsize V-Bar V 5.0 Flybarless Stabilization System *Rain Check Units ship 12/1/11* $269.99 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! I JUST PAID $319.00

Category: Flybarless > Mikado V-Bar

Availability: In Stock

Old 11-28-2011, 12:25 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the Happy Birthday wishes!!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving....even though you guys had to work...sorry to hear that..but in Mark's case, I guess the overtime pay helped a little bit..

JPEE,

CONGRATS!!! I just watched your maiden video....looks nice so far...and I'm sure there'll be plent of little tweaks here and there...but for the first time out with all new equipment, it looked great!

Hope you can continue to get it more refined each time you go out....so happy for ya!

Mark,

How's your new heli progressing?

A maiden before too long I hope!

Nick,

I hope the new MA heli comes out for you soon, sounds like you already have it all planned out!

I'll relay the message to the guys about 2.4 Ghz at other fields as well...they would be interested to hear that...I guess 2.4 Ghz band is getting crowded nowadays...[&o]

Hope you guys have a nice week ahead...and thanks again for the B-day wishes!

Glenn
Old 11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

That why I moved to the Airtronics. While it might 2.4 gig, it has a different and larger antenna layout and its speed is much faster that any other radio as I have read.

Latency Speed Test

The SD-10G is absolutely the FASTEST radio in its class. The faster the latency, the quicker your model reacts to your control inputs and the more connected you feel to your model. These latency findings were taken using carefully contructed and consistent methods to ensure they are as accurate as possible*.

Airtronics SD-10G with 92104 10-Channel FHSS-3 Receiver:

• MIN: 7.36ms / MAX: 16.3ms / AVG: 11.83ms

Futaba 10C (Futaba is a Trademark of Futaba Corporation and Distributed by Great Planes):

• MIN: 9ms / MAX: 29ms / AVG: 19ms

JR 12X (JR is a Trademark of JR Radios Japan and Distributed by Horizon Hobby):

• MIN: 21.5ms / MAX: 43.5ms / AVG: 32.5ms

PS: I just bought another full size VBAR this morning. Dont know where I will put it yet but at that price I could not let it pass.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

I have a suggestion for you... Another 700 TREX

For that lonely Vbar...

Mark
Old 11-28-2011, 04:13 PM
JPEE

Dude Mark! Your too cute! 😜
Old 11-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Aframomum

BTW JPEE,

I had to spend my money on some batteries so had to pass on the Vbar...but I did see that Readyheli was forgoing the Florida sales tax so that was tempting. I did get a pair of GensAce so have my fingers crossed that the QC department did a better job with this batch. Thanks for the heads up.

Glenn,

Did you get any new gadgets for your B-day? I remember last year you got one of those scientific build kits right?

You didn't sell any of your heli's did you? I just noticed you took them off your signature.

The Protos build has been sorta on hold for the past few weeks, my wife and I seem to be passing the bug back and forth...so really haven't been in the mood to do anything when I get home after work except go to sleep. Some days are better then others. Does stink seeing a heli sit in the closet waiting to be put together. []

Nick,

Kinda scary hearing that a newly released heli is only available in FBL form...are flybars going extinct? [X(] I certainly hope not.

Mark
Old 11-28-2011, 07:26 PM
JPEE

Mark,

What size GENs did you get? I guess you didn't see the News tonight did you. Newt Gingrich when eleclected as President is pushing through a bill that FLYBARS will become illegal to own and operate. You shouold have gotten a VBAR when you had your chance. All outlying FLYBARS will have to be surrendered to Federal Government by December 2012.

I tried list my older 600 today on HF. I say tried because I got all of text in and then tried to submit the photos. Well it seems in my fury to take 5 mp pictures they all came out at 2+MB and it is the + that precluded them from loading. So tomorrow all new pictures will need to be taken. However, I did get my 3GX listed but crap.............. there are tons of them there already in a gluttony market, looks like you cant give them away. Time will tell but I am in the mode to liquidate the 600, 500 before Christmas before their money is all gone.

Smiles JPEE

OH NICK!!! good lord, my new battery trays came in today from ExperinceRC. Man that is the fastest shipping I have ever seen!

JPEE
Old 11-28-2011, 08:13 PM
evdreamer

John,

Are you going to convert your 600 to flybarless with the new Vbar?

That is great you got your battery tray so quick. I am supposed to get my ESC and blades tomorrow from Experience RC.

Mark,

Sorry you and your wife have been sick. It seems like more people here are getting sick.

MA is still going to make FB helis. The biggest demand for them right now is the FBL electric version, so they are focusing on that right now and everything else is on the back burner. Most of the 700 sized electric helis are FBL only.

Nick
Old 11-29-2011, 01:10 PM
evdreamer

John,

My ESC came today. What helicopter mode are you using? What does it mean by adjusting the slider to adjust the HS? Does that mean throttle curve?

Nick
Old 11-29-2011, 01:51 PM
JPEE

Nick,

We first did Mode #1 to clear anyother settings in the Kontronik (KK) Then once that was saved we did a mode #4 and and mode 11.

I am not clear on the what you mean about HS slider? We adjusted my HS within the radio. There are few how too YOU TUBE videos one being Mr. Mel

http://www.youtube.com/user/FredrikM.../2/c_Wz4KUzjXA

http://www.youtube.com/user/FredrikM.../0/oA5_Pg-ym_A

Old 11-29-2011, 10:00 PM
evdreamer

John,

Thanks. They mention "slider" in the manual a few times under mode 4 and 11. I wasn't sure what that meant.

Nick
Old 11-29-2011, 10:02 PM
JPEE

The videos are pretty good to help with set up aren't they.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Congrats on getting your Kontronic ESC...I'm sure it won't take you long to figure it out plus with JPEE's help things should go smoothly.

JPEE,

I got 2 of the 30C 6S 2200 GA's.

I think I'll be just fine in the eye's of the US Government concerning thier mandatory flybar surrender by 12/12...I hope to be converted by then.

Sorry to hear about the market flooded with 3GX, you may have to undercut the others by a bit to get it to sell. [] The 500 and 600 should go quickly though, esp this near to Christmas.

Hey, how did you already get your order from Experience??? Mine is coming tomorrow...wow that was some fast shipping to CA.

Finally started working on my Protos again today. Took the bearing blocks out to clean them and the bearings up and get them ready to install the servo's...will try to get that done tonight. I found an old NiCD receiver pack and will see if it keeps a charge...its a 7.4V 250mah, hope its alright to do servo setup with.

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.