Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 05:42 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

John,

Cool setup.

I ordered a Kontronik Pyro 700-52 motor last night. I am one step closer to my 700.

Nick
Old 12-07-2011, 05:44 AM
JPEE

Nick,
I hope the motor comes fast for you! Then we will both be in the 700 secret socitity.
Lol
Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

JPEE,

That is one very nice powersupply...and I can't believe you did it for such a nice price. Simply outstanding work! Where did you get a server powersupply btw...a computer store or online? Looks like a terrific alternative for power-hungry charging requirments and in DIY form.

Glenn,

Glad you are doing well and hope the weather isn't too cold for you.

I hear you on the not doing anything with the cars this time of year...I have a few things to do with my wife's car and my own but can't seem to find any time to work on them with all the shopping trips we're making on our days off. Maybe next week will work out.

Finally got over the cold...both of us, so work has resumed on the Protos. Did I mention that learning a new heli is fun? Been trying to sort out all the updates that were made since the heli has been out (2008)...plus, finding out that some of the vendors have old pictures and descriptions listed but when you call to confirm the part is the new and updated one...so a bit frustrating when having to purchase parts. Guess I'm kinda spoiled by Align's all-in-one kits.

Nick,

Glad that you were able to fix your car...nothing worse then trying to work on a car in the freezing temps.

Great news on your motor purchase...you and JPEE crack me up on the secret 700 society. Is Santa bringing you a gift with carbon fiber and blades?

Mark
Old 12-07-2011, 07:43 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good news that you have started working on the Protos again.

I don't think I will get the Whiplash by Christmas. I am taking my time and trying to find good deals and avoid impulse buying like I have done in the past. I should have all the parts for it by Christmas though. I still can't decide if I want to try flybarless again or stick with the flybar. I will probably make my decision on that at the end of the year. I change my mind a lot, so I will have to wait and see what happens.

Nick
Old 12-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

I understand your point on trying to get all your equipment before getting the heli...unfortunately that's where I'm at right now...still need to get a tail servo (haven't really decided on one yet) and need tail blades, belt (don't trust the used one) and conductive tail boom. I think I had the heli for some time before getting the cyclic servo's...and that was step 1...cyclic servo setup and install.

I plan to start off with flybar just so I can get a feel for the heli...then move over and see what difference there is. Plus Horizon and BeastX have come out with a FBL controller/receiver unit all in one ([link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/ar7200bx-7ch-dsmx-flybarless-control-system-SPMAR7200BX]AR7000BX[/link]) so I'll be keeping my eye on the reviews when it comes out. Right now I just want to fly...and a flybar is all I have available.

Mark
Old 12-07-2011, 04:48 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Is your boom on the Protos CF?

I first saw that FBL controller with the new B450 ads. That doesn't cost much more than a normal BeastX controller.

Nick
Old 12-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

The boom is aluminum. I may just connect a wire from the boom to the frame to ground it and leave it at that...much simpler, quicker, and one thing less to buy.

Kinda funny about the price for sure...$239 vs $199 and with it integrated into the receiver, much less wiring to deal with. I hope it turns out to be a quality product and has the same performance as the stand alone BeastX.

I see there's quite a buzz on HF about the Whiplash.

BTW, since your using the components from the Velocity in your Whiplash what are your plans for the Velocity?

Mark
Old 12-08-2011, 03:21 AM
faceman

Ok hope im not getting too far off by asking a CP pro question on this form. LOL Anyhow have a cp pro that I got when i bought my B400 (private deal) They guy put an AR6100 rec. in it but never had it working. Would like to use this heli to better hone my skills, and possibly winter flying. Can not get it to bind to the dx6i and when I plug battery in the servos just buzz. Is there something else going on with this heli or should I try and put the stock rec. back in it and flying it on 72MHz.? What do you guys think?
Old 12-08-2011, 05:31 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

Yeah, a lot of people are enjoying the Whiplash. There has only been a couple of minor problems with the CG and some people had slop with the blade grips. MA already found fixes for those.

I plan on selling the Velocity, YS50, throttle servo, and multigov pro at a RC auction next year.

Dan,

I don't want to sound mean, but the CPP is a very hard heli to learn to fly with. Mine spent more time on the bench than in the air. You would probably learn to fly much quicker with the B400. The AR6100 might be bad if you can't bind it. It might be helpful to list where all your connectors are connected too. If you really want to learn on the CPP I would recommend putting some CP+ blade grips on if they are still available and flybar weights. If it was flown a lot before you I would recommend replacing the tail motor. The tail motor doesn't last very long, so you would need to replace it once your tail performance goes down.

Nick
Old 12-08-2011, 05:11 PM
faceman

Nick:
You dont sound mean at all. I appreciate your honest opinion of the cp pro. If i have to put a bunch of money into it to get it to fly, i would just asume buy more parts for my B400 to repair if I crash it again. Only paid 50 bucks for the cp pro. Maybe i'll just use it as a display piece then. hate to throw it in the garbage if ya know what I mean. If any of you guys are still flying one successfully you are more than welcome to this one. Just shoot me an address and pay the shipping and its yours. I have my mcpx and B400 to abuse before I put my 550E in the air. Ya know I only started with helis a little over a year ago and all combined I think I have 5 of these things. I guess they are addictive. They keep getting bigger though!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Aframomum

Dan,

You could always put back the 72Mhz radio that came with the CPP and see what happens. Or if its flight worthy try selling it on the forums...at least that way you could get a bit of cash to fund one of your other heli's. But as Nick pointed out, it is a difficult heli to try new things on...your mcpx would be much better for that purpose (as I'm sure you know if its durability).

One tip on the 550...I don't know the flying field you use but it better be big as this thing will cover ground - fast. I used to fly at an abandoned subdivision under construction and had lots of room...then they started construction again and so I lost my area. I tried a soccer field and was very surprised at how quickly it ran out of space...one of my reasons I had to sell it, I had no where to fly it comfortably.

Nick,

I'm glad to hear MA has already addressed issues found with the current version of the Whiplash...nice example of a reputable company standing by their product.

I hope you do good with the Velocity at that auction next year...is the auction through your club?

They are having the Orlando Heli Blowout this weekend and I'm going to try and make it one day...I even heard Pinion from HF is going to be there!

Mark
Old 12-08-2011, 09:00 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Yeah, my club puts on an auction every Feb. Then members from near by clubs come and bring some stuff too.

Have fun at the heli blowout.

Nick
Old 12-09-2011, 01:06 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I have been wanting a more powerful power supply to charge my Furion 6 battery. I have been looking at Ron Lund's 12V 47A power supply, but that is almost always out of stock. Then I was looking at Max Amps 12V 47A power supply. They look identical, so I decided to do some research on them. It turns out they are a HP DPS-600PB B server power supply. I decided to order one for $24 shipped from [link=https://www.serversupply.com/POWER%20SUPPLY/SERVER%20POWER%20SUPPLY/575WATT%20REDUNDANT/HP-COMPAQ/DPS-600PB%20B.htm]serversupply[/link]. I was looking at my Hyperion charger manual and it was saying to use the max power the input has to be at 24V+. I hope that isn't the case, but if it is there is an online guide how to hook two of these up in series.

John,

I decided to try out the data logger for my Hyperion charger. It is pretty cool. It doesn't work on my Windows XP computer, but works on my Windows 7 laptop. I am going to take the laptop to the field more often and see how my batteries perform over time. You can control all the functions and settings from the computer. You can also rename the model #'s to the model name through the computer and it shows up in the charger.

I also got my 700 motor. That is a heavy motor. The machining looks great. I also noticed Kontronik uses bigger wires for the windings than Scorpion does.

Nick
Old 12-10-2011, 06:23 AM
JPEE

Nick, I am up watching the eclips!

Yes that is what used for my power supply in the video. Two Dell server powe supplies. There are sites that so you the "trigger" to turn on the different brands. I'll send what I have in bit. My unit cranks out 750 each for a total of 1500 watts and with my iCharger needing. 1000 watts it work prefectly. Yesterday I slammed it with both the iCharger and the Hyperion and crashed it. I plugged it and it reset, but this was just a test. Again I'll that stuff a bit later.

Great news on the motor!! I flew two flights with the 700 yesterday in idle-up and I have bumped up
My head speed to about 2000-2050. When I landed after 6 min the motor was very warm, I could touch it but keep my hand on and overall so
Much cooler that the 600 ever has been. The packs are cool as was the Kontrick. I love the Gen Aces. NO MORE Turnigys for
me.

I have never plugged my laptop into my Hyperion. Something to try some day.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-10-2011, 08:01 AM
JPEE

8:00 a.m. PST

Nick,

I just sent the email with all of the PS information amd how too's. They have the pinning plots ofr dang near every PS on the market in these links.

John
Old 12-10-2011, 08:15 AM
evdreamer

John,

I was up during the eclipse, but I was stuck inside at work.

Do you have capacity left to spare with the 6min flight time. I was thinking about having a 2000HS also.

I checked out those links yesterday. RCGroups sure has a lot of DIY info.

Nick
Old 12-10-2011, 09:45 AM
JPEE

Nick,

I just checked my packs flown yesterday with the HK little battery checker. My cells range from 7.8-8.2 so clearly there is even more time left there. That was 6 minutes flying, hearing the timer go off and landing and after being in idle-up the entire time. I can tell you that if you want to fly and do tick tocks, 2000 will not be enough. I can do fly pretty well and do I want to do but they are slower move. The guys there with 700's that fly like you are at 2200-2300 with shorter times. "If" I go back tomorrow I am going to have my heli tached again. We do it on the ground at full head speed at 50% stick. Then after that we go up and they take it again and they are always pretty dang close. We also used two guys with the tachs and we were within 40 revs apart, this is not brain surgery so that is cool enough for me.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35607.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1698049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63380.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1698050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28592.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1698051   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90939.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1698052  
Old 12-10-2011, 11:07 AM
evdreamer

John,

Those are cool pics of the eclipse.

I finally soldered a wire onto my Furion 450 that I plug into my battery monitoring port on the receiver. My transmitter then starts to beep when the Voltage goes under my preset. I got it pretty close. When I put the battery back on the charger it was at 30%. Once I get that dialed in I won't need the timer anymore and can fly until the battery gets down to 20%.

Nick
Old 12-10-2011, 02:35 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

John,

Those are cool pics of the eclipse.

I finally soldered a wire onto my Furion 450 that I plug into my battery monitoring port on the receiver. My transmitter then starts to beep when the Voltage goes under my preset. I got it pretty close. When I put the battery back on the charger it was at 30%. Once I get that dialed in I won't need the timer anymore and can fly until the battery gets down to 20%.

Nick
Nick, that is really cool! No timer really cool!

John
Old 12-11-2011, 07:12 AM
Aframomum

Nick,

That is one nice motor...pricey, but nice! I also noticed in their user manual they don't mention the need to constantly oil the motor bearings...guess they decided to use quality bearings.

JPEE,

I missed the lunar eclipse too...saw the full moon when I was driving in to work Saturday morning (5am EST) but was already at work when it happened. [&o] Thanks for the great pictures though!

Last day of the OHB!

Mark
Old 12-12-2011, 10:57 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

How was the heli blowout?

I wanted to try out some code I was thinking about, so yesterday I programmed one of my microcontrollers to control a servo. I just turn a pot. and the servo turns with that.

Nick
Old 12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
JPEE

Nick,

That's cool you got the servo to move with your code!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

The Orlando Heli Blowout was a huge success this year. The weather was a bit touchy but did cooperate. I am definitely taking off the weekend for next year...trying to drop by for a short while after work really didn't work out well.

Looks like I keep running into issues with my Protos...I finally finished the head and while working on leveling the swash I noticed a problem with my CC Ice 100 - it seems the receiver wire at the ESC side has a broken connection and so the ESC goes into shut off mode if the wire is wiggled.

The guy that I bought it from I feel is an honest person and I've seen many of his posts on HF helping other guys, plus when I got the ESC he had the magnetic ring butted up against the ESC so I don't think he knew about the issue (it only started happening after I moved the ring further down the rx wire). I contacted CC and am waiting on their response on what can be done - of course non-warrenty work has a flat rate of $70 plus a 3 week wait...kinda at a loss on what to do.

My first thoughts on the matter...to just buy a new Ice 100 lite (it is much lighter and fits perfectly under the batt tray unlike the bulkier Ice 100 I currently have) and either sell off the Ice 100 for a really cheap price and list the reason for the low price OR send it in to CC, pay the $70 to get it fixed and then sell it for a better price. Right now though, I'll wait for CC reply before making my decision. Just stinks as I was looking forward to a possible maiden this weekend. []

Mark
Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 PM
JPEE

Mark,

Sorry to here your sad news. Man that is frustrating[] I don't know what a CC 100 looks like but if push came to shove can't you just un-solder the rx lead from the CC and put on a new one yourself?

I worked on some pigtails for my new iCharger as when the packs are racked for the 700 both the battery leads and the balance leads are waaaaaaaay to short to reach my EP Buddy Board. So I did the pigtails but I had to order the balance 6S wires as everyone here is out of stock. Meanwhile I have been using my Hyperion as all of its leads are long enough.

BTW, this picture is from my iPhone 4S. Honestly, I am really impressed with quality of the snap shots and videos too.
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38813.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1699051  
Old 12-12-2011, 04:58 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Since your CC ESC wouldn't be under warranty I would recommend something similar to John. Re-solder the wires on the board if one of them was bad. If one of the wires broke at the solder connection just strip the wire insulation back and solder the wires to the board.

John,

Yeah, that picture does look good.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.